PES 2011 Discussion thread

Yeh it's good that you can see how good the player is and how fair they are etc but they need to get some feature in that allows you to choose what kind of team you want to play against and as. Right now it's basically as random as choosing quick match in Fifa team wise.

Having the choice to play as and against Low level, medium level, high level and elite level clubs for example would be great if they added it to the lobby system.

The only PES lobby you need to enter for a fair game, with non-premium teams is EU08-Any 4. Thats where all the PEEL people play, and if your on PS3 and fancy a great game of lag free football, there is no better place.

Saw the latest video's this game is shaping up very nicely indeed, just wonder if the kit template will change? Also what happeend tot he techfit kits?

Saw the latest video's this game is shaping up very nicely indeed, just wonder if the kit template will change? Also what happeend tot he techfit kits?

I expect all that stuff will be added in the final stages of development. Tech-fit kits are in Blue Samurai, aren't they? I think they are in PES 2010 also? (after the world cup kit update)

They should allow us to pick whoever we want in CKs, not limited to 3 only. Also pick if we want players defending the posts or not.

Konami should also add something unique like a crazy naked supporter running through the pitch trying to get to his favourite player for a hug, then stewards ganging up on the poor fella.

more set piece options would be great like

being able to but a tall man on the near post

or lurkers outside the box

YouTube - Entrevista a Jonathan Murphy , productor de PES 2011.mp4
Only 2 vs 2 and this year :FAIL: ridiculous !
At least I am grateful to Jon, because by now I can raise money for Xbox 360 + FIFA 11 . I do not care how good graphics, I do not care how good the gameplay and animations as the online mode does not give me what I want and must have to give in 2011 year ... is a shame!

P.S. Yeah Lami , now you will ban me again ??Because I see that you infected by " ADAM Syndrome " - Ban on for all who do not like some PES 2011 informations and is not with your opinion.

It worries me a bit this video. Murphy kept saying he wants to win back PES's hardcore fans, the hardcore fans havent gone anywhere. The hardcore fans are the ones that have always loved PES for its realism and appreciated it'rendition of replicating real life footballing technique, which it masters. Those fans that have left for Fifa have done it because they loved PES for different reasons to the hardcore fans. I really dont understand how that isnt obviously as clear as day. Strange comments.

They say we want a different game, I dont like that either. This whole power based pass and shot seems to me to be a bit of a sell-out to attract back the PES ex-pats that went to Fifa. As does the tricks and that ridiculous Rainbow Flick. I want the weight of the pass to be attributed to the players accuracy, which is made up not only as direction as certain people seem to think on here, but also, weight of pass and speed of pass, both of which require great technique, all those combined are what make an accurate pass. Currently the top players can ping the ball about with speed, weight and direction. Hence the reason ping pong passing. These are represented as the worlds best players, and their stats reflect that. Play with lesser players and the results are totally different. Thats individualism and the heart of PES.

This power bar, which I dont believe is just apparent with the L2 Modifier, I think it will be like Fifa's. Its really taking the passing speed and weight out of the equation. Also, the powerful headers, shouldnt that be down to the player ? If he's good in the air, good response, good jump and decent heading technique he'll power it home. A lesser player wont. I dont want the option to make all players head like Andy Gray.

I hope I'm wrong and none of the stats are lost, I dont want any removed, each one lost makes the game move a little more away from a hardcore simulation, which is what it is, if played in the right hands with the right insight.

On a brighter note, the rest sounds fucking amazing.

Last edited:
With hardcore PES fans he means the leader types, because they switched to FIFA and that is the only reason that FIFA went "cool" again. All (clever) companies target the leader types among their target groups, because the mass always follow the leader types. Why do you think so many "casual" people are using Firefox? Because they took that decision by themselves? They're just repeating what the internet leader types are claiming is the "cool"/best way to do things.

Konami have to get to these people again, they're the ones that made PES big, not the blind fanboys that no one listen to.

It worries me a bit this video. Murphy kept saying he wants to win back PES's hardcore fans, the hardcore fans havent gone anywhere. The hardcore fans are the ones that have always loved PES for its realism and appreciated it'rendition of replicating real life footballing technique, which it masters. Those fans that have left for Fifa have done it because they loved PES for different reasons to the hardcore fans. I really dont understand how that isnt obviously as clear as day. Strange comments.

Well that's a load of crap.

but there are maybe 100-200 players in world football that can achieve practically any angle when running with the ball ,lets just hope its a special attribute that can be added in edit mode

the rest of those videos look good,the defending video is really good,looks like defending will be back to timing,positioning and player attributes to determine whether or not a tackle is successful

Any guy with the ability to walk in this World can achieve any angle with the ball. I mean come on, this is ridiculous.

I expect all that stuff will be added in the final stages of development. Tech-fit kits are in Blue Samurai, aren't they? I think they are in PES 2010 also? (after the world cup kit update)

yes, i'm sure the techfit kits will all be in, plus these new tight fit shirts for various teams who will wear it like ivory Coast (puma africa template :) ) but if you have seen all my kits plus all the other great kitmakers out there i just wonder if that template we have been using since pes 2009 will change? that would mean i would have to redo all my national team kits again :(

The 3D model has changed evidently but i don't think the mapping has been done again from scratch like with PES 2008 to PES 2009 so hopefuly we will still have the same template ;0

It's a small issue but it will make a sizeable difference to the availabillity of certian patches. Especially a patch like the el grande patch!

Hi all:BYE:

Long time no speak:SHOCK:

Glad the hype:SHOCK: machine is rolling again and I have to say it looks like a fantastic effort this year.

look forward to sharing thoughts and opinions up to release:))

Enjoy:BOP:

Right... I would like to see you running(!) and changing the direction with the ball in full 360º degrees. Your user title says everything.
c'mon, what's your problem?

imo, it should be possible to perform any directions with any player, but players with lower agility should struggle, move slower etc.

With hardcore PES fans he means the leader types, because they switched to FIFA and that is the only reason that FIFA went "cool" again. All (clever) companies target the leader types among their target groups, because the mass always follow the leader types. Why do you think so many "casual" people are using Firefox? Because they took that decision by themselves? They're just repeating what the internet leader types are claiming is the "cool"/best way to do things.

Konami have to get to these people again, they're the ones that made PES big, not the blind fanboys that no one listen to.

Well that's a load of crap.

I think a hell of a lot of people switched because of the stain in the undershorts of PES gaming that was 2008...

It took months and months to switch to FIFA and the only thing that made me was the thought of loading that pile of cack up, that and I wanted to play with a real league structure not fantasy league...
:PIRATE:

Really liked the new pressing system and it's nice to see PES getting a jostling system. Still intrigued as to exactly how manual the passing is - I can't see you being able to pick out one foot or the other with manual controls.

The speed star stuff is pretty pants though. Very videogamey logic to that.I guess it's chiefly because you can't give this dribbling ability to all players without having to create a player momentum system so you can represent players who aren't agile or deft enough to turn at speed.

Still, other than the dribbling animations, as a whole it seems to look a bit more natural than 2010, so it ought to feel a bit freer too. Hard to tell without seeing the reaction times compared to controller input.

Last edited:

They say we want a different game, I dont like that either. This whole power based pass and shot seems to me to be a bit of a sell-out to attract back the PES ex-pats that went to Fifa. As does the tricks and that ridiculous Rainbow Flick. I want the weight of the pass to be attributed to the players accuracy, which is made up not only as direction as certain people seem to think on here, but also, weight of pass and speed of pass, both of which require great technique, all those combined are what make an accurate pass. Currently the top players can ping the ball about with speed, weight and direction. Hence the reason ping pong passing. These are represented as the worlds best players, and their stats reflect that. Play with lesser players and the results are totally different. Thats individualism and the heart of PES.

This power bar, which I dont believe is just apparent with the L2 Modifier, I think it will be like Fifa's. Its really taking the passing speed and weight out of the equation. Also, the powerful headers, shouldnt that be down to the player ? If he's good in the air, good response, good jump and decent heading technique he'll power it home. A lesser player wont. I dont want the option to make all players head like Andy Gray.

I hope I'm wrong and none of the stats are lost, I dont want any removed, each one lost makes the game move a little more away from a hardcore simulation, which is what it is, if played in the right hands with the right insight.

On a brighter note, the rest sounds fucking amazing.

Sometimes jimmy i think your playing a different version of pes2010 then the rest of us.

Pes2011 isnt about replicating fifa or trying to win back its old fanbase,its about moving with the times,not flogging a tired dynamic thats extremely limited interms of user defined control,one that doesnt require a high degree of subtlety and precision from the user instead opting for fabricated on rails gameplay that is overly stat driven automating the basics and doing most of the thinking and calculations for the user.

Doesnt simulation equate to more control not less,and when has actually being able to weight and place passes in all its facets,yourself with your controller and buttons,been a bad thing.

Its pretty narrow minded to assume people have gone over to fifa because of the words of the so-called respected in the industry OR because what they used to like about pes is different then those who have stuck with it.People have there own minds and can clearly see when one product offers more then the other and a greater degree of control and freedom.

Theres alot i dont like about fifa,ie-the lifeless shooting,lack of player variation,dull replays,over use of cut scenes,planet no gravity physics,but it also gets alot right,ie-freedom of movement,dynamic dribbling,freedom of passing,good off the ball movement,presentation,animation.

As for ping pong passing,even top players lack a great first touch from time to time and have to get there feet and body position right to distribute a good pass,so pes is hardly a shining example of reality or hardcore simulation,it uses a very basic stat system with limited parameters that was created in the age of the NES(NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM).

Pes has to change,it needs to change otherwise konami will be commiting commercial suicide,that doesnt mean it has to loose its heart or become fifa,its just a case of taking it to a whole new level,and i welcome this with a open mind and open arms as ive tired of PESs old ways and want something fresh and representitive of the 21st century.

Last edited:
This thread never fails to make me appreciate the perspective of life.

I like to play video games when I get the chance. A little bit of escapsism does me some good, then back to life I go.

Some people in here, can debate over details of video games as if nothing else exsists. Engulfing themselves.

Perspective... Love it...:OT:

Last edited:
This "full 360 degree" is starting to become irritating imo; a cliche. To me it just sounds like marketing tool and exaggerated. Total freedom sounds more realistic. What more does one want than total freedom?

Last edited:
This "full 360 degree" is starting to become irritating imo; a cliche. To me it just sounds like marketing tool and exaggerated. Total freedom sounds more realistic. What more does one want than total freedom?

Sounds the opposite to me. '360 degree movement' is a quantitative statement, clearly stating the amount of control you are given to a player. 'Total Freedom' is a subjective statement, doesn't mean anything, what exactly have they implemented to give 'Total Freedom'? Just sounds like marketing bollocks to give the impression of improvement without substance, players are still running on fixed lines from they videos we've seen....

Only 2 vs 2 and this year

Oh no, another wasted year, they simply cant get that online right.

Back
Top Bottom