PES 2011 Discussion thread

Not sure what he was asking really?

I thought he was asking if there is an incentive to use the L2 manual pass? Well, obviously there is if you want to make a defence-splitting pass. But it looks like there's more freedom in the standard passing system so why would anyone want to use L2 passes for the entire match? I don't think that's how Konami envisage people playing the game.

Last edited:
I Wish that the PES2011 would have better 360 dribbling and one successful manual passing. Also the new commentaries would be nice... especially the greek one for the greeks lol.

Moreover a lot of stuff from the old PES have added again to PES2011.
Let's be waiting for the upcoming demo!

any news yet about edit mode? im thinking now the new addition will be that when additional dlc is released people's optionfiles will not be reset to default status,that wouldnt be too hard for konami to implement and would be a welcome addition to all optionfile makers

Nooo i think KONAMI have something more special for us than option file working proper with DLC. Seabass said about "suprise in edit mode" and for me it means much more editing options.

I'm less worried today about IGN's fully Manual statement. Bottom line is I have no respect for IGN and their opinions on football games. These people are gamers, not football minded in the slightest. That article and previous articles are enough justification for me personally. See PES 2008 amongst 'others'. They simply dont not know what they are looking for, they are not football technique minded in the slightest.

As for the through balls with regards the Manual passing. That doesnt worry me, through-balls will be statistic based. The option of putting more power on a standard pass wont affect your through-ball option. These through-balls offer a more diverse angle with regards to the pass and the subsequent receiver. At present, people complain about the through-balls not being as effective the previous PES titles. This is certainly the case, but only because they mimic real life now. It takes split-second timing, and an available run to be able to successfully complete them. It requires a footballing brain. I much prefer this system as it's incredibly realistic and replicates the vision and timing of its real life equivalent. If you look at actual percentage of completed 'killer' through-balls in real life, it has to be between 15-20%, or one in five. This figure may slightly rise with the worlds best playmakers if they are on top of their game.

In saying that, there are still slight issues at times due to the passing nature of PES, mis-directed through-balls etc, but I'm sure this new freedom will address this. In PES 2010 if the through pass isnt clearly on, then dont try it, keep it simple and play your percentages with the standard pass until the opportunity arises for the next killer pass.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that means we shouldn't worry about licensing anymore because they made it much easier to create licensed teams/leagues.

I just want the Bundesliga back, unlicensed or not. I've never understood why PES can have an unlicensed Premier League but not an unlicensed Bundesliga.

Because player belong to Bundesliga.

What, even fake players playing for fake teams in fake kits in a fake league (call it League X or something)?

Sorry to labour the point but I don't see how the Bundesliga could have a problem if there is no link whatsoever to their league.

What, even fake players playing for fake teams in fake kits in a fake league (call it League X or something)?

Sorry to labour the point but I don't see how the Bundesliga could have a problem if there is no link whatsoever to their league.

Sorry mate i didn't understand you. I thougt about real names and fake teams. Of course they can use fake names and fake teams:)) Why they don't make it? I don't know.

Sorry mate i didn't understand you. I thougt about real names and fake teams. Of course they can use fake names and fake teams:)) Why they don't make it? I don't know.
Hm, that's more or less what we have now with Team A and so on...
I guess they don't want to risk anything, because EA might go to court about it (they said they'd do it before PES 6 release and Konami removed the fake league then).

Hm, that's more or less what we have now with Team A and so on...
I guess they don't want to risk anything, because EA might go to court about it (they said they'd do it before PES 6 release and Konami removed the fake league then).

Can't they just make them like some of the fake national teams with all the fake player names and faces? Don't see any violation there.

I'm interested to know what their stance is regarding the Bundesliga (and in that other leagues in general)

If they're making the game specifially with already established PES fans in mind then they'd surely wouldn't have any reason to not make a fake league full of fake players which is in fact meant to be the Bundesliga (or any other league). They know we'd edit it and not mind doing so because we understand the licenses issue.

For them to not include such a feature would suggest to me that they care too much about the non-pes fans or casuals opinions. I can only suppose that a game with loads of fake players would look pretty bad/stupid to those who have no idea why the game has them (what with a lot of people being accustomed to fifa's myriad of licensed leagues as well) or don't have the patience to edit them.

In a side note in the early days of pes/we/iss a lot of new people didn't care about the licenses because we didn't have the choice. I get the feeling that they would now because they've been spoiled by Fifa so might not be patient enough to understand. It's a bit of an issue that Konami needs to balance.

Last edited:
Ea can go to court if they use fake names and fake teams? Noooo. It would be nonsense.
I guess there is no sence for Konami to put a completely fake league, just as easy as that...
And also, they don't want to risk anything, you never know. Konami are very cautious about this.

Listened to WENB's podcast and Riot said it looks and plays nothing like PES 2010. He also said it has a new animation and physics system.

These words coming from him are very positive. For the first time since since PES went Next-Gen, he sounds really impressed and very happy.

Back
Top Bottom