PES 2011 Discussion thread

A jewel:
In messi's trailer goal, follow Tevez's run to create an open space for Messi!

(defenders don't seem to care, possibly because of the easy difficulty setting, but it's great and I've never seen this kind of moves in PES)

Every where I read stupid speeches like "PES 2010 and PES 2011 is the best looking Sport, football game " !I'm PES fanboy but ... this is just mad me because it is not true!

Konami must work much harder in this respect because in PES 2010 and PES 2011 now the players look like wooden dolls, drawings !

this texture is awful yes, as the pics came out all loved it but i said it looks not naturally

this texture is awful yes, as the pics came out all loved it but i said it looks not naturally
That is Huge problem in PES 2010 too ! Here is PES 2011 will be same unnatural looking players. Problem is not only in the Textures ,but the filters for shadows , lights and colors are just bad !

Last edited:
That is Huge problem in PES 2010 too ! Here is PES 2011 will be same unnatural looking players. Problem is not only in the Textures ,but the filters for shadows , lights and colors are just bad !

The lighting/filters is what made PES 10 look good man. That was the biggest change from PES 09, and it´s improved considerably for PES 11.

AHTPAKCA,

Its NOT "stupid speeches". It's called OPINION. PES 2010 looks just fine. Now because Fifa has upped the faces doesn't mean PES 2010 looks shit all of a sudden.

That post of yours has "troll" written all over it. More of that and you're out.

Don't come later crying "negative comments on PES not allowed".

Look again at your post, you're trolling. You can choose to spill that negativity of yours in a more acceptable way.

Anyway, I won't tolerate trolling anymore. Call me what you want. I couldn't care less.

Over and out.

AHTPAKCA,

Its NOT "stupid speeches". It's called OPINION. PES 2010 looks just fine. Now because Fifa has upped the faces doesn't mean PES 2010 looks shit all of a sudden.

That post of yours has "troll" written all over it. More of that and you're out.

Don't come later crying "negative comments on PES not allowed".

Look again at your post, you're trolling. You can choose to spill that negativity of yours in a more acceptable way.

Anyway, I won't tolerate trolling anymore. Call me what you want. I couldn't care less.

Over and out.

PES 2010 Looking bad for me , player heads, faces in pre-match scenes and celebrations are just BAD !! That is not just opinion this is a Fact ! And PES is not the best looking sports game ! This is not opinion, this is Fact too !
I can't understand your reactions .I desire to say things as a reality, but reality is that Konami must do some work to the visual part !

Last edited:
Every where I read stupid speeches like "PES 2010 and PES 2011 is the best looking Sport, football game " !I'm PES fanboy but ... this is just mad me because it is not true!

Konami must work much harder in this respect because in PES 2010 and PES 2011 now the players look like wooden dolls, drawings !
You're right mate ! That's exactly what I think about faces.
Some faces in PES are really good (Beckham, Terry, Govou etc.) while some are really bad, almost insulting, for other players such as Benzema and...Messi !

Messi's face is imo one of the worst face in PES indeed. They could have made a really better face for their cover star !

Anyway, the difference between Konami's and EA's faces is obvious. This is because of the difference between the way they both work : EA now uses a new technique, using 8 photos taken simultaneously. It's more accurate for the 3D model of the face, and also for the face texture itself as the player is not being "expressive".

Konami work on their 3D models as all facemakers do : they use pictures found on the internet, which can't be as accurate as 8 pictures taken simultaneously from different angles.

PES 2010 Looking bad for me , player heads, faces in pre-match scenes and celebrations are just BAD !! That is not just opinion this is a Fact ! And PES is not the best looking sports game ! This is not opinion, this is Fact too !
I can't understand your reactions .I desire to say things as a reality, but reality is that Konami must do some work to the visual part !

Fact, and another Fact. Based on what? That's right. You're opinion.

Fifa has usually had some promising faces in their pre-release shots but a lot of their players still end up like something from Resident Evil... Maybe this year will be different, who knows... no one, until the game is out

Fifa has usually had some promising faces in their pre-release shots but a lot of their players still end up like something from Resident Evil... Maybe this year will be different, who knows... no one, until the game is out
I think this year's gonna be different. It's the first time on PS3 that EA uses photo-realism for the faces in-game.
Did you see the pictures with Chelsea and Arsenal players? They did an amazing work so far :P

I agree that some faces are poor, i don't think Messi is as lifelike as he could be, but the graphics are amazing on pes 2010 and sound like they are improved upon for pes 2011, which for me is a bonus as i was fine with the graphics as they where.

Some guy from 221B Baker Street sent me these

1copyd.th.png

2copyu.th.png

pics from E3 trailer

Yeah the whole faces thing is just a sad debate. PES has had the better look for the last few years but from what Romagnoli posted EA are using their apparent technology with amazing results so far...doesn't make a difference as it is only visible and noticeable on replays.

I don't want to watch anymore videos now I will holdout till release date. I used to do this before PES2008 and I think I need to do that again as the PES2011 reveiws and impressions are looking superhot.

My little wishlist over the next few weeks/months:
- Better referees and more penalties
- Better opposition AI
- More team individuality not everyone must pass like Arsenal and Barcelona
- A 3 tier ML structure even if it's fake teams
- good old fashioned PES freekicks it used to be so stats driven pre 2008 the kicks I used to take with Zico, Juninho and company in PES5 were the best that any football game has achieved.
- harder more challenging game. I don't want to win the D1 in my first season and the treble in the next.
- animations and physics; for all the faults I have with FIFA it must be said that it looks and moves fantastic. From what I've read PES 2011 already resembles this but dear KONAMI don't you dare loose the individuality in terms of 1st touch, dribble technique, balance and all those things that makes PES so magical.

i think the point is that in the top pic and the bottom pic there are differences - such as the player taking the throw in shirt number.

pes -2011 spot the difference ed.?

Antracsa, please bear in mind that several layers of graphical optimisation and polish will most likely be applied to PES before release. I will agree that the graphics in the E3 trailer don't look as good as PES2010, but as I said, I'm sure the end result will be every bit as good as PES2010, if not better.

Yeah I hate those renders lol. So much wrong with the textures. And the new facial expressions fucked up Messi face accuracy we had on that PES 2010 "stunning" pic last year. Hope they re-do some of the faces. Drogba and Tevez looked spot on on the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom