PES 2010 Masterleague

Yeah me to, although I really dont mind this Scout way to be honest, I enjoy waiting for his Dossier to find out if the player I like the sound of is actually any good. It's like a nice surprise. I found a little beauty by the way called Sane. He is a striker and is averaging a goal a game for me, superb buy mate, and he is only 22. He is currently training his 1st touch and then I'll train him on the Passer Card. I try and make sure all my favourite players or long term players have these two Player Cards as they make a huge difference. Check him out bud. Sane is the name, scoring is his game. ;)

Good one :APPLAUD:

Btw, Trundle is good ;)

Thinking of getting PES 2010 just for the Master League, since I can't really go online atm and FIFA's rubbish offline I feel. But I heard the Default Team are no long an option, is this true? I'd only really enjoy it playing with Castolo and co. I think.

edit; read through the last couple of pages and have to say I'm quite excited now! This will be the first PES I'd have played since PES6, i just hope the gameplay is decent. (I'm not expecting much but we'll see, i just want ML!)

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the Professional CPU never take more than two touches on the ball before passing it? Every team, every match is like playing Arsenal/Barcelona at their best just knocking it around for fun with no player really slowing the ball down or taking more than two touches.

Really pisses me off and it makes it nearly impossible to get the ball off the CPU while they ping it around and the commentator keeps going on about them being a joy to watch.

Normal level plays a lot better with taking their time on the ball, but it's too easy to score. So I'm stuck between scoring easy goals but playing a slower game, or playing in a ping-pong game where I wont get the ball for minutes at a time and having to play counter-attack football when I do get it as the CPU hounds me to death and I have no choice to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does the Professional CPU never take more than two touches on the ball before passing it? Every team, every match is like playing Arsenal/Barcelona at their best just knocking it around for fun with no player really slowing the ball down or taking more than two touches.

Really pisses me off and it makes it nearly impossible to get the ball off the CPU while they ping it around and the commentator keeps going on about them being a joy to watch.

Normal level plays a lot better with taking their time on the ball, but it's too easy to score. So I'm stuck between scoring easy goals but playing a slower game, or playing in a ping-pong game where I wont get the ball for minutes at a time and having to play counter-attack football when I do get it as the CPU hounds me to death and I have no choice to attack.

Nah you are right - I'm thinking of going in and editing each teams style (got to do all the kits yet).

Not sure if it will make a difference though?

That's the problem I had with the game and on Top Player. So I went into edit mode and lowered every player's short pass speed and dribble speed stat by 10. That did the trick and it flows much more realistically now. I would've given you my OF but you're on the 360 though.

I didn't read the 18 pages... so, maybe this was answered first:

I'm playing with Boca Juniors, on the Premier League :P, and i bought Ryan Donaldson from Newcastle. He's 19 years old, but since he came to my club his stats started to drop! He plays almost every match, but he isn't getting experiencie points, only goin down like my oldest players...

Is there a solution for that?

Edit: I've just noted that Newcastle is one of the teams added by sammy's option file. Maybe it's related... The scount keeps telling me that he has a bright future :P.

Edit2: I think is related to this.. Ryan Donaldson original stats: 55 SS 18 year old. I bought him, 1 season later: 74 SS 19 year old. Maybe he stopped using Performance-enhancing drugs and is going down to his real level.. ;) Newcastle will have to return me the millions I payed for him!

Last edited:
I didn't read the 18 pages... so, maybe this was answered first:

I'm playing with Boca Juniors, on the Premier League :P, and i bought Ryan Donaldson from Newcastle. He's 19 years old, but since he came to my club his stats started to drop! He plays almost every match, but he isn't getting experiencie points, only goin down like my oldest players...

Is there a solution for that?

Edit: I've just noted that Newcastle is one of the teams added by sammy's option file. Maybe it's related... The scount keeps telling me that he has a bright future :P.

Edit2: I think is related to this.. Ryan Donaldson original stats: 55 SS 18 year old. I bought him, 1 season later: 74 SS 19 year old. Maybe he stopped using Performance-enhancing drugs and is going down to his real level.. ;) Newcastle will have to return me the millions I payed for him!

It sounds like you bought a player that peaks early in his career, and at 19 it would seem very early indeed. Sack your Scout, sounds like he knows jack shit.

Or it could be that little bastard has two peaks in his development - one which is very early and he just got past it. He may very well start to rise again after a season or two (or three or four :P)

Something funny happened to me at the FIFA Club World Cup last night. While watching the game in the stadium, me and my friend were so into it and the atmosphere where we were sat was immense, chanting and shouting, then Christian Bermudez scored the 1st goal and I said to my friend in a serious tone, "I want him in my ML team".

I forgot ML was fictitious... My friend was laughing hard at me :LOL:

Can't wait to see the Estudiantes players next Tuesday. I'll keep a close eye on them to see if anyone deserves a spot in my ML team :P

haha, its normal. I stopped playing with Man Utd cause I spend times wondering during the games why is the right wing not Ribery, and Pato isn't spear heading my attacks....

thats why ML does to you...it makes u mix up reality and PES

going through all the pages, i have to admit: its nearly as fun to read those ml stories of yours as to play the ml. (my favs are fd1972uk's. and jimmy, your's are as good as lami's or isslander's ) i'm also getting a lot of helpfull tips for my ml career. keep the stories coming. :)

i always preferred starting in D2 with the konami squad (castolo, ximilez, etc). i'm currently at halftime of my second season. everything is working out well so far, with my focus on a young team. so i got palmieri and oscar from my youth team. both developing well looking into a bright future as my def. and midf. leaders. oscar is leading the assist ranking and palmieri gets a lot of hating in the league for winning a lot of 1vs1 tackles. :D

i'm want to get a young talented player from my youth team to join the a-squad. then i want to loan him. cause i dont wanna pay like a 350.000 € salary. but i want him to evolve. does anyone have expierence with loaning young hot shots?

so im having a lot of fun with the ml. i havent played bal since weeks...

i was used to play 10 min matches on the ps2, i'll try the 15 mins as you guys advised! cause more realistic cant be wrong! :D

btw: oscar scored for me from way outta the box and got me the long ranger trophy (the ibra-style-pass to him is nice too). :)

sorry for the bad quality. its made from a mobile phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tClVk49QIFE

Last edited:

You should try top player, the position of the CPU can get downright scary at times. I have had games where I literally didn't touch the ball for the first 10 in game minutes. I still find that if I manage to keep them at bay for the first few minutes, I can slowly turn the game in my favour as the crazyness seems to wear off the opposition with time. Then, if you manage a goal, they have to change tactics and then their game is usually screwed. The bastards can still grab a cheat-ish goal once in a while (when you feel the cpu will just score no matter what you do) so you have to be on your toes at all times.

You should try to change the game to 15 minutes at first, I still play at 10 minutes but I might have a go at changing it when the current season ends. I get annoyed with the absolutely nonexistent injury time in 10 minutes and the suggestion that it makes the game generally slower has me interested.

You should try top player, the position of the CPU can get downright scary at times. I have had games where I literally didn't touch the ball for the first 10 in game minutes. I still find that if I manage to keep them at bay for the first few minutes, I can slowly turn the game in my favour as the crazyness seems to wear off the opposition with time. Then, if you manage a goal, they have to change tactics and then their game is usually screwed. The bastards can still grab a cheat-ish goal once in a while (when you feel the cpu will just score no matter what you do) so you have to be on your toes at all times.

You should try to change the game to 15 minutes at first, I still play at 10 minutes but I might have a go at changing it when the current season ends. I get annoyed with the absolutely nonexistent injury time in 10 minutes and the suggestion that it makes the game generally slower has me interested.

This is definately the case. In the quarters of the FA Cup to Arsenal I was 2-0 down with 10 minutes left on the clock. Even though it was a very close game I never felt that I was out of it. It was weird, but I stayed patient and I got my rewards. I changed my formation to 3-3-1-2 and brought on Leroy Lita who had scored some very important goals for me during the current campaign. Lita scored on 84 minutes to give us hope. Then I got a massive 5 minutes of stoppage time, (on a 15 minute game), it did seem like an eternity. Lita managed to get his 2nd goal to make it 2-2 on what must have been 95 minutes. :WOOT:

(I screamed so loud I'm suprised next door didnt call the police. :CONFUSE: )

Extra time had everything, but no goals. I ended up winning on penalties 4-3 after Cesc and Denilson both hit the inside of the post and I slotted mine home, with one saved. I love the new penalties me.

Last edited:
few thing i noticed when playing 2 15 min matches in ml:

i dont rush my team as i did before (and i dont feel myself under pressure by the game, hope u understand). i play in a lower speed now. using R1 much less, looking to get the first touches "even more right"! it all comes with a "bonus". the opponent got me fouled far more often. :D wich gives me even more chances from set pieces.

THX you guys so much for this tip!

Have to admit I always prefer 15 mins game, always have used that. Yes it's longer but you get more out the game for me.

Been quite busy with regards to PES, so not had much gameplay, Mihalis Stavros has continued his rich scoring form and bagged a hat-trick in a 4-1 win over 2nd placed AEK Athens, now find myself 5 points clear, although still very early in the season (November).

FD

It's April in my third season with Ajax. After a bad season in the league I have won 7 of the last 8 games, but it still only has me in 4 place, 10 points behind AZ. This time, however, I am still in all competitions. I screamed when I saw who I was meeting in the CL quarterfinals... Barcelona. Although Inter, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Arsenal probably would have made me scream just as high, only team that looks beatable by now is Zenit, and I already met them in the group.
I saved most of my best men for the first game against Barcelona, a good thing I was meeting a team of such lameness I can't remember it's name. 2-0 was good enough for me. Barcelona didn't turn out to be as strong as I thought. I met them away, and managed a 0-1 win. I was quite sorry as I felt that I fumbled 2 great chances, 0-2 would have been a fair result. Still, I fancy my chances of going ahead.
Funny thing, I kept Defence only on for most of the game, and only took it off when I had a corner. I only got two, and Etxeberria headed the ball in from one of them. I suspect I will use the same approach in the second game. No doubt Barcelona will be fierce.

NEWCASTLE UNITED SELF DESTRUCT AND IN DEBT

A once promising season all came crashing down as pack of cards. Newcastle came into this high expectations and just about everyone in the media rooting for them to be a the team nobody wants to play in the Uefa Champs League and push the favorites this year to win the brink in the race for the EPL title race.

They did just that in the Uefa Champs League qualifying top of their group including Bordeaux,Udinese,Porto and lost narrowly to the French Powerhouse Lyon 3-2 on aggregate in the round of 16.

On the homefront, with just six games to go where sitting third on the premiership table with four points behind table toppers Chelsea and six points behind fourth placed Manchester United. It all went wrong from there, they manage to lose four games outter their last six games. Thereby crashing out of the Uefa Champs league place and manage to hang onto a europa league place by a thread by beating out cross town rival Sunderland by just goal difference to come 7th in the league. Chelsea claims its first title in recent years, Arsenal fall short with a point behind, Manchester United and Liverpool occupy the Uefa Champs League positions. Tottenham, Bolton and Newcastle qualify for Europa league.

With news of the club been in debt of region of $15-20 Million coming up in recent weeks won't help matters at all. The club has lost most of its endorsement esepcially the most lucrative one with Melkaas which was worth in tune of $2million with a stipulation of Carlton Cole scoring 5 or more EPL goals.He was abysmal to say the least and spend much time on the bench.

The Club has had to lower ticket prices and cut staff for the youth academy,scout, fitness coach, athletic coach, trainer just to be able to afford money to run the club while in this turmoil. Some players have been itching to leave but we would see if they will be able to keep the boat from completely sinking.

I made it pass Barcelona! In the game before I rested every single important player (apart from the goalie) and although it looked like it would end in a goalless draw, Makaay got a last minute goal when the ball rebounded off him and into the net after a failed clearence. This put me in fourth place, 7 points behind AZ who slipped up. That's more like it. The game against Barcelona ended 0-0, poor bastards only had 3 shots in the entire game which Ajax dominated. Now it's only a couple of games until I play Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man Utd. are in the other semi-final.

I am happy with how the season is looking now, it has really only gone up for the last 15 games or so, with the team clicking better and result being ground out with b-team players. But while I am doing better overall in all competitions, the burden has been spread better among the players so no one is dominating the stats, like Crouch and Gutierrez did the last two years, both earning Player of the year. Gutierrez and El Moubarki are the only players from the original squad which still play in the A-team, evaluated at 73 and 70 points respectively.

Will there be any fun without PLAYER DEVELOPMENT?
I Feel player development makes transfers messed up. And after two or three season big teams play very bad.And my question is will player's age increase even if i put player development off?
3) I want transfers from real players ( no developed or new born)
4) My idea is to grow slowly only based on results and not on player development.
5) I want to buy talent instead of making, for that i need to work hard with my existing squad.

can this be achieved by having player development off?
And I want to start with a very low level team,say Blackpool.
PLEASE HELP ME !!

whats with all the advertisement when you press start button during a match. I also love the ESPN boarders with upcomming fixtures, its cool.

Hi, I'm also a PES2010 fan.
I started a ML the moment I bought the game.I like the new features they've made.I've started a ML with Real Madrid and now in 2012 1st Half week 3 of Feb. Won the Spanish league all the cups ( 3times Spanish League, Champions League and Spanish cup).
My current players are: GK 1Casilas(capitan) and 23Buffon
-CB 6Pepe, 18R.Albiol, 21Metzelder and 16Garay
-SB 4S.Ramos, 3R.Carlos(Retiring this season), 12Marcelo and 2Arbeloa
-DMF 14X.Alonso, 13Hargrreaves and 5Gago
-CMF 10Lampard and 24Clingan(brought from youth team)
-SMF 7Quaresma and 15Drenthe
-WF 9C.Ronaldo and 25Gervinho
-SS 8Kaka
-CF 19Gignac, 11Benzema and Mayukins(brought from youth team)

There are some players that I'm trying to get but are constantly refusing any help with:
Pato, Rooney, Villa, Vargas or A.Cole?

Hello, I want to know how you can see the player stats in the negotiations screen. Is there a way? I can only see those in my team...

There are some players that I'm trying to get but are constantly refusing any help with:
Pato, Rooney, Villa, Vargas or A.Cole?

If players are doing good with their teams they usually don't want to leave. I think it was Jimmy G who suggested continually putting in offers for a player until his commitment to his team unravels. I'm trying that right now with Aquilani.

LOL so if I want to see ALL the players' stats, I am unable to?
What a shame...

Scout the player for a couple of weeks and you'll see all the stats ... unless you have Lvl 1 scout - that blind f*cker won't reveal anything for you ;) (I could be wrong about lvl 1 scouts, I haven't really played much with such a low scout level and it was quite some time ago)

Scout the player for a couple of weeks and you'll see all the stats ... unless you have Lvl 1 scout - that blind f*cker won't reveal anything for you ;) (I could be wrong about lvl 1 scouts, I haven't really played much with such a low scout level and it was quite some time ago)

But all the stats of that particular player. I want to see the stats of all players in the game, not only the one I am scouting...

The negotiations system is really pointless. The only players I can sign are free agents and those on the transfer list. I understand that its realistic for some players to have club loyalty or dont think the club is good enough (players turn man city down for example), but in most cases every player has his price, so seeing as i have shed loads of money from not being able to buy anyone for 3 years, its crazy that even standard players from the league below cant be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom