PES 2010 Masterleague

About that second safe...what i think might be considered very subjective, i agree with you on that. At the beginning of the new season, quite a few peolkpe were impressed by Burnley's goal keeper Jensen. In the first matches he made a couple of similar saves (who turned out to be match winners). Overall i'm not impressed with that guy. He's made some serious mistakes since then. He is a very physical keeper with poor technique. .

Sounds like my keeper Marinelli mate. :LOL: He isnt the prettiest at all, but he stands out to me more than any of the other keepers I have used due to the fact he manages to stop goals in whatever way can. He is just a shot stopper, and that video where he dives and it hits his shoulder off his leading arm is a perfect example. Not pretty, but very effective. I love him. ;)

I think thats the beauty of PES and the ML. Buying players you dont know, learning their traits, strengths and weaknesses, and bonding with them in general. Such is the individuality of all the players in PES, no player is ever the same. I love that concept.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SEASON 2010-2011

Wow what a historical Season. Newcastle United fc fans have alot to celebrate this season as they always had high hopes for this season the management, the manager and the players didn't disappoint.

The Toon Army where able to secure Uefa Championship League qualification spot ahead of Manchested United who finished just one point behind the Toon Army. Liverpool as usual left it late to retain their title as the Premiership League Champions. Arsenal and Chelsea managed to throw away their lead with the last two games of the season gave Liverpool a chance to be a back to back champions.

The Highlights for the Geordie faithfuls came when they beat title favorites Chelsea fc in the finals of the Europa League finals 2-1 to claim their first continental Silverware. Riding under the back of the young promising Nigerian who was finished both as the MVP and Top scorer for the tournament with 10 goals. They were able to rely behind him to come back from a goal down to beat european top dog 2-1.

In a competition where not many thought they would make it out of their group managed to scrap through the group stages on the last fixture. However they breezed through the following rounds defeating Udinese,Hearts, Toulouse. In the Semi finals they showed their strong resilence and never die attitude again after losing at home to Ajax 3-1 went ahead to beat Ajax 4-1 and win on aggregate by 5-4. So absolutely no one gave them a chance against the former Uefa Champs League Winners but they rose to the occassion again to stun everyone and finish their cinderella story. One every toon army will be proud off.

Now the endorsement are pouring in. They have just signed a lucrative endorsement deals with Petroilagas, Tele Puzhnivsk,Melkaas, and Hoppulas totalling a total of $20Million.

With such transfer money at their disposal, a new sheriff has arrived in top.

Right I might be eating my own words here but Ive just got this game after buying FIFA 10 and I am really enjoying it although some of the animations are really bad like goalies snapping back to position on penalty shoot outs but I can live with that. The chant pack does make a massive difference to to the atmosphere and draws you in. I do have a couple of questions though where I'm struggling

1. Can I start a master league as Liverpool but with a default squad like you could with the early PES.
2. How do I defend crosses? This is my biggest bug at the moment. When the AI crosses the ball the forward seems to be always running towards the ball to attack it as you'd expect but the defender just stands still and does a feeble jump..Ive conced about 6 or 7 goals in as many games this way
3. Can anyone please link me to an option file for correct squads kits for the UK version. Ive tried PES Gaming but the one I had said not compatable.

Thnaks,

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SEASON 2010-2011

Wow what a historical Season. Newcastle United fc fans have alot to celebrate this season as they always had high hopes for this season the management, the manager and the players didn't disappoint.

The Toon Army where able to secure Uefa Championship League qualification spot ahead of Manchested United who finished just one point behind the Toon Army. Liverpool as usual left it late to retain their title as the Premiership League Champions. Arsenal and Chelsea managed to throw away their lead with the last two games of the season gave Liverpool a chance to be a back to back champions.

The Highlights for the Geordie faithfuls came when they beat title favorites Chelsea fc in the finals of the Europa League finals 2-1 to claim their first continental Silverware. Riding under the back of the young promising Nigerian who was finished both as the MVP and Top scorer for the tournament with 10 goals. They were able to rely behind him to come back from a goal down to beat european top dog 2-1.

In a competition where not many thought they would make it out of their group managed to scrap through the group stages on the last fixture. However they breezed through the following rounds defeating Udinese,Hearts, Toulouse. In the Semi finals they showed their strong resilence and never die attitude again after losing at home to Ajax 3-1 went ahead to beat Ajax 4-1 and win on aggregate by 5-4. So absolutely no one gave them a chance against the former Uefa Champs League Winners but they rose to the occassion again to stun everyone and finish their cinderella story. One every toon army will be proud off.

Now the endorsement are pouring in. They have just signed a lucrative endorsement deals with Petroilagas, Tele Puzhnivsk,Melkaas, and Hoppulas totalling a total of $20Million.

With such transfer money at their disposal, a new sheriff has arrived in top.

:APPLAUD:

Class write up pal. Enjoyed that.Well done. ;)

1. Can I start a master league as Liverpool but with a default squad like you could with the early PES.

Yes you can, it's in the option when you first set up your ML. For a real challenge though try a Championship Team and start in the 2nd Division, but you will obviously need the Championship option file.

2. How do I defend crosses? This is my biggest bug at the moment. When the AI crosses the ball the forward seems to be always running towards the ball to attack it as you'd expect but the defender just stands still and does a feeble jump..Ive conced about 6 or 7 goals in as many games this way

I must admit I dont really have this problem. You could try changing the player your controlling by the player switch button. Make your CPU team mate pressure the player looking to cross, then you take control of the defender in the box to anticipate and intercept the cross. Also check you sliders and up the pressing. Use the tactics to revert to all out defend on the fly, this will bring more players back into the box to defend. Also make sure your defenders Player Cards are set to defend if they have that option.

3. Can anyone please link me to an option file for correct squads kits for the UK version. Ive tried PES Gaming but the one I had said not compatable.

Try this http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=74357

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying PES 2010 Master League! Truth be told, I have only been able to begin my ML this past week, and so far I'm loving it. I do have some questions to the experts out there, since I seem to have made some serious management mistakes... :)

I am playing D2 with Sporting, and I upped all my managers and subsidies to the maximum except for the doctor.

I am on the 7th week or something, and I am noticing that my Expected earnings are -35M.

I earn around 1M per home victory. If - in a best case scenario - I win all home games this season, that'll give me 15M.

I have already been kicked out of the cup, and my team still refuses to comment about those incidents in the tunnel afterwards...

The issue is the following:

How am I going to be able to make up the extra 20M?

- How much am I expected to earn if I win the D2 league?
- Am I allowed to change the subsidy and coach settings before paying the next wages?
- For how much should I reasonably expect to transfer a player for, if the computer makes an offer?

...I feel like I know that I'm going to go bankrupt in a year, and I still keep heading that way regardless :)

Any help guys?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Eh, your a dead duck sorry. You only get like £3m for the league I think.

Good to see everyone is getting a slice of glory out there.

My game is going slowly, but enjoying it. Still on a good unbeaten run.

Stavros and Agata are rattling in the goals and I've got a good feeling for the league. I hope though I can do what I did last time in my ML and get to the cup final and hopefully guarantee Europa League footy. I'd sacrifice the league for it.

FD

Darn... I've never in my entire life gone bankrupt in a ML campaign...

But surely I can change the settings for subsidies and expenses before the wages are paid, right?

And when do you receive new sponsor proposals? When are they accounted for?

Last edited:
If you don't have enough money or your budget goes negative in the end of August, all of your coaches will be automatically set to lvl 1 and your team will be banned from any transfer until your budget is positive again.

you have until the end of August to sell your players out or to adjust ur staff budget during August to make the numbers back to positive...

good luck...haha, I did that with Man Utd in my 2nd season due to crazy spending (thinking that i had a lot of money), then had to sell Berbatov, Brown, Scholes and that got me more money than i expected...

for the record, I bought Ribery, Frey, Pato and renewed the contracts (lots wanted like 50% increases...crazy!)

I have finished my first ml season in d2 with standard and be crowned champions (kicked out in the cup in a narrow 2-1 loss over two games to barcelona) i am now promoted to d1 and i will play the big teams in europe ( i custumized the ml a little) . I am curious for my results

I play in a 3-5-1-2 style

My team

GK Sinan Bolat
CB Alex Moraes (youth standard)
CB Marcos Camozzato
LB Mangala
DMF Donati (bought from bari or koman hungarian)
CMF Defour
CMF Witsel
LMF Carcela (or Honda bought from vvv for 4,5 miljion euros)
RMF Wijnaldum (bought from feyenoord 3,8 miljion euros)
SS Dinai (bought from tenerife 1,3 milion or Mansare (bought from Toulouse 2,8 mil)
CF Lukaku (bought from Anderlecht very promising player 580 000 euro is well in form for me)

I am expecting to end within first 8 in D1 becuase the opposition this year is very though (barca, inter, real, chelsae, man u , porto, zenit, celtic , etc...)

I am depending of my midfield and i have a very strong bench also. My most important players are Defour and Lukaku, the rest is filling :) . I am just gonna buy another goal keeper in mid season because i am not happy with Bolat . I asked for Diego but he wont come to me therefore i will shoot my arrows at belgian Gillet from Bari i think he is .

Keep you guys updated
Tonight my first tough game away at Porto (they bought c ronaldo so i ve seen in transfer market for 87 miljion euro !!!)

Greetzzz

Haha :D

Brilliant news guys! Thank you very much for your help. I'm more relieved knowing that I won't have to start it all from scratch.

From the accurate descriptions, might I assume that some of you have already been in such situation? ;)

Keep it up!

Paulo Tavares

Is there a ML in-depth tutorial anywhere? With some beginners hints and tips, help on screens, what you should do when you first take charge of a club etc? I understand the game has a tutorial but it's a bit ... rubbish really.

Lami you were right about 15 minute halves, it makes a huge difference. The pace of each game is a lot slower now.

Lami you were right about 15 minute halves, it makes a huge difference. The pace of each game is a lot slower now.

15 minutes is perfect Tobi, I play that way, the length is spot on and you never feel rushed, you can play at a good pace and there is always time to turn games around.

15 minutes is perfect Tobi, I play that way, the length is spot on and you never feel rushed, you can play at a good pace and there is always time to turn games around.

My thoughts exactly.

In the PS2 games I always played 10 minute halves and I never felt that I had to rush anything. There were times where I'd take my time with my play only to look at the score and realise that there are 5 minutes left, then I'd start to panic and push everyone forward.

I think the 15 minutes halves in this game is the equivalent to 10 minutes in FIFA. In that game the halves seem to go on forever, in a good way though.

I don't understand why its soo difficult to buy players. I'm the best team in the world but still struggle to buy players like aguerro etc.

any tips?

I Have 2 saves with Man City with the patch of PES edit.com 1.1 .. In 2 saves, to go for the last week of season 10/11 the game stop running and ending, a lot people tell me for update my kitserver, but my kitserver is the last .. Can your help me ? Thx

I don't understand why its soo difficult to buy players. I'm the best team in the world but still struggle to buy players like aguerro etc.

any tips?

I have the same problem.
In my 3rd season with Milan, i can't buy the players i want to (mascherano,sneijder,chiellini). I think it's because their affection to their club after 3 seasons is high, apart from rival team of course,,,

Any suggestion ???

any tips?

I've found that if you keep putting in bids for the players it seems to unsettle them at their clubs, I have signed a few players that way.

Is there a ML in-depth tutorial anywhere? With some beginners hints and tips, help on screens, what you should do when you first take charge of a club etc? I understand the game has a tutorial but it's a bit ... rubbish really.

Anyone? :BORED:

Not sure there is Dags, more trial and error really, you work it however suits you. It varies massively though on which team you choose to start with. If you opt for one of the big guns then you have huge budgets and all your staff are at the highest level. That takes the fun away for me personally. Your better off starting with a lesser team, with the Championhsip patch and start on Professional, moving up to Top Player when you reach the EPL. Start in Division 2.

Which team are you fancying ? Did you get it for the PS3 as the OF files and chants are so much better. The Liverpool ones are phenomenal.

P.S. The Hammer took a pounding from 'Bones' the other day by the way. Ouch.

Last edited:
Just playing the standard 360 version at the moment but I'm trying to work out the team selection screen for example. I started a game as Parma and I'e played a few games but not really done much with it as all of the players seem pretty similar in level anyway really.

I miss searching for players based on their ability :(

The flip side of that coin though Lami is this way is far more realistic. In real life your never going to know what a player is like without watching him play, or sending a scout. I actually really like this new system, you still get the same info, even though the speed at which you get the players info is based on your Scout level.

Last edited:
The flip side of that coin though Lami is this way is far more realistic. In real life your never going to know what I player is like without watching him play, or sending a scout. I actually really like this new system, you still get the same info, even though the speed at which you get the players info is based on your Scout level.

Thing is, with the old system, I always spent many hours only "discovering" players. With this new system, I only rely on the scout, which yes is realistic to a degree, but what if I want to be my own scout as well and take my time spending many hours searching through players?

In real life, you could send a scout, or you could watch the player yourself. That is what I also want in the game. If I want to scout players myself then I would love to search through them and discover, and when I can't be bothered I'll just opt for the scout to let him send me all the info I need on a few players.

To be frank with you, I just love discovering talented nobodies. That was one of main reasons why I liked the ML.

Thing is, with the old system, I always spent many hours only "discovering" players. With this new system, I only rely on the scout, which yes is realistic to a degree, but what if I want to be my own scout as well and take my time spending many hours searching through players?

In real life, you could send a scout, or you could watch the player yourself. That is what I also want in the game. If I want to scout players myself then I would love to search through them and discover, and when I can't be bothered I'll just opt for the scout to let him send me all the info I need on a few players.

To be frank with you, I just love discovering talented nobodies. That was one of main reasons why I liked the ML.

Yeah me to, although I really dont mind this Scout way to be honest, I enjoy waiting for his Dossier to find out if the player I like the sound of is actually any good. It's like a nice surprise. I found a little beauty by the way called Sane. He is a striker and is averaging a goal a game for me, superb buy mate, and he is only 22. He is currently training his 1st touch and then I'll train him on the Passer Card. I try and make sure all my favourite players or long term players have these two Player Cards as they make a huge difference. Check him out bud. Sane is the name, scoring is his game. ;)

Back
Top Bottom