PES 2010 Masterleague

Cheers guys, its my sexiest goal PES goal since PES5 when I chipped the keeper with Joe Cole doing a Rabona.

Well things are going well for Rodos, find ourselves 4th in the league, currently 4 points behind Olympiakos, 2 points behind PSV and on goal difference behind Panathainaikos. Have found a recent form of hitting the net, home game in the Europa League had us hit 5 past Galatasary in a 5-2 win, was 5-0 up at half-time. Then hit another 5 in a 5-1 win in the league, then followed that up with another 5-2 win in the league. However hit a blip with a defeat to Feyenoord and defeat in the return against Galatasary. Then a draw in our league game after that. However managed to score up another win in the league to put us in a strong position.

Just moved into December and have a couple of new signings on the way, free transfer Orellana and greek wide-man Vasilios Koutsianikoulis from PAOK for a free of £1.2m.

Might even look for a deal or two for some loans, to bulk the squad up.

Still 2 points in front of our Europa League rivals Napoli and Galatasary, and with a win against pointless Wisla Krakow will progress the club into the knockout phase of the competition.

FD

Nice goals, that backheel one is just wrong, I have only once in my lifetime seen a goal like that in PES, and it was scored against me. I'll try to post some goals, I think I even have some capture thingy I can use.

Finished my first season today, I can assure you that the title race was a lot closer than the final table suggests. Going to up the difficulty to Top Player now and leave Professional behind.

Looking forward to the Champions League next season. I'm going to do everything I can to buy Sahko from PSG, I intend to slowly ease John Bostock into the team too.

Also it took me 30 games but I've finally found the perfect tactics for Spurs with Luka playing from the left.

PS: Still haven't won a penalty yet.

4115186390_8bcfa3040b.jpg

4115198998_20445539a1.jpg

I originally started on Top Player as I have done in the past but in this game the CPU wasn't playing enough football, they were just pinging it about. I hope this wont be the case in the second season.

Where is Amr Zaki in ML?
I can not find him in Wigan or when i search nationality Egypt i can not find any player....

Where is Amr Zaki in ML?
I can not find him in Wigan or when i search nationality Egypt i can not find any player....

He is not in any of the clubsides in the game. I believe he was on loan from a club side in Egypt called Zamalek. He will show up later in the game as a youth player if he is in the game though.

YES...I qualified for the Europa league place coming 7th on the league. With some nice and sweet deals falling my side during the winter transfer window. I was able to land Carlton Cole and Ngog who both wanted out of W. Ham and Liverpool respectively. Carlton Cole was able to spearhead the attack with 8 goals and 8assist. and Ryan Taylor who was voted Newcastle player of the season chipped in 12 goals and 5 assist for we to mount a surge to beat out close rivals Sunderland for the coveted 7th spot. Both Carlton Cole and Ryan Taylor made the EPL best 11. With 8assist C.Cole wins the top assist man. I know England will come knocking and as well as clubsides.

Manchester United were leading the park until they self destructed at the end of the season with a three game consecutive losses and Liverpool took their chances nicely and won the championship with just two points on the last match day.

I have $4.5Million to bolster the squad for next season campaign.Lets see which bargain buys i can come up with. Ameobi and Lovenkrands will be bidding farewell to the club. Hopefully i can find a decent set of defenders and quality utility players.

Last edited:
"Bodor, the player I signed from Rodos "

hehe..............Jimmy, I was kinda confused about the above, but now I know what you meant. Faced off against Roda and who did I see, Mr Bodor. I'm actually Rodos, a greek lower league team who I've put into the game, not the Dutch team Roda. :D

Well my own league is going well, still some hiccups I need to get over. Beat Krakow 3-0 to go through to the next stage, in the final game away to Napoli I picked up a 3-2 win. Youth player Roberk picked up his first goals for the club as he hit 2 in Italy. Have drawn Villareal in the next round. Not sure what's happened however seems Barca and Real Madrid had an off day in their league last season and they are in the Europa League. Lyon also in there.

Currently sit 3rd in the league behind Olympiakos 3 points ahead of us, and a point ahead of us in 2nd is Ajax. Two new signings have come in, could well make their debut in the QF clash with Panathinaikos next.

FD

"Bodor, the player I signed from Rodos "

hehe..............Jimmy, I was kinda confused about the above, but now I know what you meant. Faced off against Roda and who did I see, Mr Bodor. I'm actually Rodos, a greek lower league team who I've put into the game,not the Dutch team Roda.:D

Erm ...... Ahem.......Yeah I knew that :EMB::COAT:

Anyway, as he swiftly moves on ......:WHISTLE:

To add insult to injury, Boro added yet another chapter to their book of tears,as they were knocked out of the Europa League in the 1st round knockout stage. :(

I must admit this hurt me pretty hard. After a fantastic run in the group stages, Boro were flying high. A 9 point lead over second placed Birmingham in the Championship gave the kind of confidence duly required for a good run in Europe. The signing of the 30 year old Italian Iquantina,was proving to be a masterstroke. With Bodor also having a big impact in his two substitute appearances, the veteran Dutch winger was given his first full start for the Boro away to Sparta Praha. Two fantastic balls whipped in from his less favoured right side were met in kind by the tall Italian striker who headed home effortlessly to secure the 2-0 win.

The final group stage game saw Boro brimming with confidence against IFK Gotenburg. Boro really were enjoying these highly authentic European nights, and a 6-0 battering of Gotenburg, saw Iquanta help himself to 4 goals, rubberstamping his European pedigree.

The draw made for the last 32 saw Boro paired up with Locomotive Moscow. In a cold away trip in the first leg :shiver: Boro grabbed a precious away goal in a 1-0 win, Iquantina once again re-affirming his position as the deadliest striker in the Europa league.

The return leg came off the back off an excellent win over 2nd placed Birmingham in the Championship. With anticipation levels from the expectant home crowd reaching new levels, Boro started well with an early goal to go 1-0 up in the tie and 2-0 up on aggregate. Emnes cracking another 30 yarder into the bottom corner and straight into his ever developing scrapbook, much to the pleasure of the packed out Riverside Stadium.

Then it all began to go so horribly wrong. A change of tactics from the Locomotive manger saw him go 4-3-3 in what I can only imagine was Super Offensive in his approach. Boro were getting battered as Locomotive attacked in waves. A goal on 44 minutes saw the tie leveled on the night. Another well worked goal from Locomotive on 60 minutes saw the game tied on aggregate, but with the Russian side ahead on the away goal ruling. With the crowd behind them, Boro pushed forward for that all important goal to keep their European dream alive. :PRAY:

But Locomotive were in the acendancy, and caught Boro on the counter to kill off their hopes once and for all, with 80 minutes registered on the referee's timepiece. It was a crushing home defeat, that left everyone associated with Middlesbrough devastated. The final match stats didnt lie. 10 shots on goal with 6 on target for Locomotive, against Boro's 4 and 2 respectively. It was a bitter pill to swallow.

The old classic 'It's leaves us time now to concentrate on the league' were the only optimistic words the Boro fans could muster, knowing only too well it was at least another 2 years before they could even think about these magical European nights again.

YES...I qualified for the Europa league place coming 7th on the league

Well done mate, I feel a whole lot better. :WASTED:

Last edited:
I love Lee Trundle, how is he in PES 2010 mate ? I scouted him but obviously he is getting on a bit now.

He's a legend. Just finished my first season and won the Championship - Trundle was top scorer with 22 goals and won MVP award.

Just started the premiership, but am struggling. Only won 1 game in 6 and currently 16th. I didn't manage to sign a single player in the summer - well gutted as I put my scout up to level 5 and I was only bidding for cheap championship players. This means I'm left with a very weak strikeforce and unless I can get some players in Jan - it's gonna be a long season! I did manage a 1-1 draw with Man U though, with a last minute strike from Trundle after being pegged back in my own half for 89mins!

I'm loving the challenge, it's a real step up from div 2 which is really realistic. I really want to get into Europe, but it looks as though a jammy cup run is my best bet!:P

Oh bad one Jimmy, I hope I don't have a similar experience in my knockout phase.

Face off against Villareal, which I think will be mega-tough.

FD

He's a legend. Just finished my first season and won the Championship - Trundle was top scorer with 22 goals and won MVP award.

Trundle is now top of my shopping list, I'm not bothered about his age, I need him. :BOP:

Europe is awesome, I'm just gutted it's going to be such a long time till I get there again. I'll be playing 15 minute games once I reach the Premiership, and I have a feeling I'll be looking for another lucky FA Cup run. :WHISTLE:

I did manage to sign 5 players on loan during the January transfer window. I took them on 'blind' though, as I needed cover for my small squad. Once they arrived I checked their stats and most of them were rubbish. Just glad I never paid full whack for them.

Oh bad one Jimmy, I hope I don't have a similar experience in my knockout phase.

Face off against Villareal, which I think will be mega-tough.

Fingers crossed you will fair better than me mate. To be honest, being Boro, this type of pain comes with the territory :ANX:

Ajax had an abysmal run in the CL, last place in the group. Now I have my men fit for every game, and I'm still in the cup, so it's not too bad. However, I couldn't get a new player in the January window, no matter which team he played for. I thought I could sign someone 5 points clear in the league but nothing. All broke down. My level four scout is history. Now I am 12 points clear and although there is still a while to go, I feel I will win this league. Surely some players will arrive then.

Ajax had an abysmal run in the CL, last place in the group.

Thats sounds like one harsh CL group you were in there by the way. :CONFUSE:

Finally my Championship season has come to a close, and Boro took the Championship with a very healthy 12 point lead over West Brom who sneaked the Runners-up spot in the last game of the season. Birmingham dropped to 3rd after holding second place throughout the whole season. Fulham, Derby and Wolves came down.

Adam Johnson won the Player of the Season award, Marvin Emnes won the Golden Boot, and Iqauntina won the Top Assist award. A clean sweep for the Boro players in the awards ceremony. Boro also claimed 7 of the 11 spots in the team of the season.

I said farewell to my 5 loan players, including Bodor. I then managed to sign a few more kids. I signed Trundle on loan ( He's 33 now, so not one of the kids). An Argentinian keeper, 21 years old called Marinelli. An Argentinian 21 year CF called Gil ( Or Gilly as he's now known on Teesside) and a Columbian kid, AMF, 21 years old called W.Libery. I think I asked my Scout to find Ribery, but something was lost in translation. :CONFUSE:

I upped my Youth Team to level 3, Scout Level 4, Fitness Coach Level 4, Coach Level 3, Team Doctor Level 2 and Fan Club Level 2.

My Youth Team was a must, as unlike when I was Stoke, I have yet to receive my 'Superstar' wonderkid from the Youth Academy. I guess this was because my Youth Team with Boro was only Level 1. Well played Konami, I like that, your not given a player for the sake of it, your Academy needs to be at a certain level. I'll look forward to him, hopefully this year. :BOP:

I received £1.8 million for winning the Coca-Cola Championship. I would have liked to see me get a cool £10 million just for getting into the Premiership, but I understand the obvious reasons why I didnt, afterall, this isnt the 'real' Premier League.

I also got myself a great sponsorship deal from a Dubai Oil Company, with an excellent £180,000 for a home win bonus, £1 million for winning the Premier League ( I wont be seeing that anytime soon) and with no cancellation clause, and £3.6 million a year. For Boro, that was a huge financial help.

I also got another sponsorship deal with a Spanish Travel Agency. I loved this one. £400,000 per year, and I get £300,000 if Marvin Emnes makes more than 30 appearances throughout the season, and there is a cancellation clause that states if Emnes leaves the club, they pull the plug on the deal. :LOL: How good is that by the way ? Emnes isnt going anywhere ever, so the moneys safe in that regard. I've even given Emnes the number 10 jersey, which is a huge in my world. He is also currently in training for his 1st Touch Player Card, to go alongside his Passer Player Card, which has made such a huge improvement to his game.

My first game in the EPL I lost away to Villa 1-0, but it was a game that Boro dominated. My last game was a 4-0 thrashing of Plymouth in the FA Cup 1st round. Trundle scored his debut goal after coming on after 70 minutes, a cheeky chip to introduce himself to the Boro faithful. ;)

To be continued .........

Last edited:
LOL Bentley was the first player i sold in my master league. Didn't even give him a game, right on the transfer list he went.

Good luck in the prem Jimmy.

Looking good ISSL for the League. :D

Well Jimmy, my big mouth came up trumps, against Panathainakos, I was so close to switching off my PS3 and then starting over again. I seem to have a problem with the x button not working and my player can't release the ball. I thought I had found the solution with my L1 being stuck on occassions, but supposedly my bro says it happens to him too, anyone else? My player failed to release the ball and Pana punished me. I was going to switch if off if I lost by one goal due to this. however in the end I lost 3-1.

At the moment I'm sitting in 2nd place one point behind Olympiakos.

As for Europe, well as I said about my mouth, went away to Villareal in 1st leg, but went down 1-0 after the start, then I managed to equalise. However then lost a 2nd, and then DM Bourkous pulled one of their players down outside the box and got sent off, straight from the FK they hit the bar and they had a rebound diving header to put them 3-1 up, I then capitulated and lost 5-1. :( 2nd leg, I managed to win 3-2, but it looks like I'll find it hard coming against the top teams as they seem to punish every mistake.

Forgot to say that I signed a young Turkish wideman along with my other 2 buys in January, can't remember his name sorry, although I will get it later.

FD

I've come across quite the bogey team during my Master League, that team being Bordeaux! I cross paths with these french bastards all the time in the european cups, and usually they walk away victorious!

Our last outing ended with a 0-2 defeat in the first leg of the champions league knockout stage, here's hoping for a miracle in the return match.

Good luck in the prem Jimmy.

Looking good ISSL for the League. :D

Well Jimmy, my big mouth came up trumps, against Panathainakos, I was so close to switching off my PS3 and then starting over again. I seem to have a problem with the x button not working and my player can't release the ball. I thought I had found the solution with my L1 being stuck on occassions, but supposedly my bro says it happens to him too, anyone else? My player failed to release the ball and Pana punished me. I was going to switch if off if I lost by one goal due to this. however in the end I lost 3-1.

At the moment I'm sitting in 2nd place one point behind Olympiakos.

As for Europe, well as I said about my mouth, went away to Villareal in 1st leg, but went down 1-0 after the start, then I managed to equalise. However then lost a 2nd, and then DM Bourkous pulled one of their players down outside the box and got sent off, straight from the FK they hit the bar and they had a rebound diving header to put them 3-1 up, I then capitulated and lost 5-1. :( 2nd leg, I managed to win 3-2, but it looks like I'll find it hard coming against the top teams as they seem to punish every mistake.

Forgot to say that I signed a young Turkish wideman along with my other 2 buys in January, can't remember his name sorry, although I will get it later.

FD

Man, I'm feeling your pain. It's tough at the top. It kills me, but the sadist in me loves the challenge it brings.

I found that by pressing X twice quickly results in the player not passing the ball at all. It's not a fake as such, he just doesnt pass. Also I find pressing any other button ( Shoulder) seems to prevent the pass on occasions. When you being held also seems have an impact on the pass. In saying all that, I dont have a problem at all, unless anything I have mentioned previous is in the equation.

Last edited:
guys I need your help!

What does the orange bar mean on the players development page? It has something do to with how much a player can develop, but i mean what exactly?

and.. i finished 9th position 'premier league' (master league) why am i playing europa league? and in the cup i lost on the 1st round.

one last question... how do i set my youth team to level 5?

please help!!!!!

Last edited:
I made a successful debut in the Champions League with Spurs, won 2-1 away at Real Madrid. Spent most of the game playing on the counter attack, the gulf in class is massive compared to the EPL.

The presentation is fantastic.

It only took 50 hours but I finally won a penalty and sent is miles wide, I hate the new system.

I got a new 15 year old from the youth team and he has some rock solid stats, 81 overall and can play four different positions.

Last edited:
I play a ML with Braga.
Currently top of the table in division 2.
And i will play the final of the Cup against Sporting Lisboa.
I bought 2 players uptil now: Argentinian AMF Buonanotte and Jovetic.
My star player until now is Possebom, my DMF. An Italian player on loan from Man Utd. He's outstanding.

it's worth noting that at least in ML, the cpu also sux at penalties. I've had two shootouts so far and both times I just stood in the center of the goal, saved at least 3 on both occasions.

@Jimmy, welcome to the Premiership, You will notice the different in matches and player qualities very quickly.

I just started my 3rd season with the Toon Army,and i must say i wasn't really optimistic going into this season at all. I still have a very thin squad and still not able to land any quality or somewhat ok squad defenders. However i was able to land the promising young Nigeria striker Obinna.

Surprising the team have found some self believe this team and are alittle bit accustomed to the Premiership pace and standard now. We have recorded 3WD1L1 in the first five games with an emphatic away win in Anfield 2-0. I really don't know why Liverpool rested players but they were quickly made to pay for their complacency by Obinna. He has been worth all that plus a bag of chips. No one seems to be complaining about the $3million price tag we had to pay to get him here, he has recorded 4 goals in three matches played so far.

Lady luck wasn't really smiling down on Geordie's in their Europa League draw. They were placed in a group with AC Milan, Napoli and Spartak Moscow.

The Lads are confident they will have a good outing in the continental stages. Whether they can maintain their early season form and transfer that into europe remains to be season.

One thing for sure is that they are definitely a side beaming with confidence so far.

@Jimmy, welcome to the Premiership, You will notice the different in matches and player qualities very quickly.

However i was able to land the promising young Nigeria striker Obinna.

Cheers bud, the lads have taken to the Premier League like a duck to water. :BOP:

As for Obinna, I had him at the Boro last year on PES 2009, he's a great little buy. He needs work on his shooting, he can be very inconsistent, but his pace is electrifying.

I upped the difficulty to Top Player for the EPL, I feared we might struggle to cope, but this isnt the case. The games are alot tighter, the time you get on the ball is drastically reduced, but this mimics the top flight of the English game for me, it doesnt come any faster in world football.

Boro are currently 4th in the Premiership with a record of W6 D2 L1. We beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1-0 for the first time ever, and totally deserved all 3 points. I had a couple of injuries, and a couple of suspensions and gave Trundle his full debut against West Brom. We beat them 3-0 and Trundle scored 2 goals. His stats are terrible at 33 years old, but he just seems to produce the Trundle magic.

(Anybody who hasnt seen Lee Trundle in real life needs to Youtube him, you'll be glad you did. ;) )

I really did screw up with my finances though. I thought I had alot more money than I did, due it showing a probable transfer fee of £6.9 million for Wheater, of which I knocked back. Basically I had to lower alot of my inhouse staff. So I'm back to Level 1 Fan Club, Level 1 Youth Team, and Level 3 Scout. I wont make that mistake again.

My best game so far was my last against Arsenal at the Emirates. The game ended 2-2, on both occasions I came back from a goal down. It was a thriller of a game, which really could have gone either way. Both teams had 11 shots on goal and 6 on target. Gilly my young striker scored with his first touch of the ball, a header, after coming off the bench on 60 minutes. He had scored with his first touch in the previous game after coming off the bench on 82 minutes, so I figured I would give him a little longer against Arsenal as the goal I needed didnt look like it was coming. It took him all of a minute to justify his inclusion.

But what made this game so special was the Emnes equaliser to make it 2-2 on 80 minutes. It was the first game in which he had aquired his 'First Touch' Player card, and the goal itself was made completely through that newly aquired 1st touch. Brilliant.

A counter attack put Adam Johnson clear on the left wing. Johnson drilled a pass about knee height into the box. With Emnes Attacking Player Card set to on ( It always is ) he darted into the box. Now normally, this type of pass, at the pace it was delivered, and the height, would have given Emnes problems. The chances are it would have bounced off his shin/knee, as he only had a split second to get the ball under control. But he killed the ball dead with his first touch on the volley, then opened up his body to cooly slot it into the bottom corner. The first touch was so good it was almost all in one motion, the trap then the finish. Never a £1 million better spent. I was elated.

Man, I love this fricking game.

Last edited:
I've come across quite the bogey team during my Master League, that team being Bordeaux! I cross paths with these french bastards all the time in the european cups, and usually they walk away victorious!

Our last outing ended with a 0-2 defeat in the first leg of the champions league knockout stage, here's hoping for a miracle in the return match.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Return leg, managed to go 1-0 up thanks to Torres. Conceded immediatly afterwards, then they scored yet another one. 1-2 on the night, 1-4 on aggregate.

And it's not that I suck, I was undefeated in the league up to that point, with something like 18 wins and 2 draws.

The conclusion is that Bordeaux are bastards.

Back
Top Bottom