PES 2010 Masterleague

Gerd - No I don't mate, I start off with the edited team with a few players I've edited/created. The rest are made up of the all 70s brigade.

My edited players are:-

Nikolaos - GK - good shot-stopper, also takes free-kicks, hehe.
Bourbos - LB - Small speedy full-back, not too great defensively.
Toumba - CD - Nigerian quick dominant centre half.
Bourkous - DM - Tall defensive player, not much more to him than tall and strong, rather slow.
Dokos - WG/SM/CF - Speedy winger, come striker.
Zeus - AM - Playmaker, probably my star rated player. Skillful.
Dracos - CF/CB - Very tall striker, not much more than a big target man.

Well my team failed in teh cup final in the end, beat 6-5 on pks, Went 1-0 up, however a Toumba slip-up result in an equaliser for Ajax. Popo missed the all important penalty.

Onto the league, Diagoras chased me all the way, and after a slip-up it was a final game with Olympiakos away from home. After a stalemate in the first half, Diagoras were 3-0 winners in their game meaning I had to avoid defeat and claim promotion on goal difference. The game was pettering out, however with a few minutes left my goalie Nikolaos saved with his legs from their striker then into the closing seconds a back-post header was headed over with the goalkeeper stranded. Then the ref blew the whistle and it was celebration time. :)

Have started off the new season not bad, signed Agata at the start of the season. He's started really well, scored 2 goals in a 4-2 defeat to Olympiakos (was 2-1 up with about 10 mins left, till we capitulated). Scored the winner in a 1-0 win over Herenveen in the cup. Then he scored in a 2-0 win over Vitesse.

Had managed to sign Rivas, CB with a bit of pace - free transfer. Also signed Suazo from Inter and Losado (SMF).

Promoted a couple of youth players in too.

FD

Is "Losado" an Argentinian player from Heerenveen Frank...if it's him, he's called Losada.
Two years ago he was sensational in the Jupiler League (with GBA) and got a trasfer to Anderlecht, but it didn't work out there for him (never had a fair chance). Now he's at Heerenveen i think...i love that player.

Yes, that's the guy Gerd, I can't recall if he was transfer listed or was a free transfer though.

Well Agata has been on fire for me in front of goal, I have slipped up a couple of games now so I'm only in a Europa League spot at the moment.

However I didn't know that my Cup final showing against ajax (who are also in the Europa League) put me into the Europa League. I've drawn Wislaw Krakow, Galatasary and Napoli, have just beat Krakow 2-1 away from home. Love the little Europa badge they stick on your strip sleeve, :) guess the same will happen with Champions League too.

Have signed another freebie Orellano.

I've bought Footy Manager 2010 when it came out, but I've hardly touched it as I'm so engrossed in this game. Really enjoying it.

FD

I just won my Div 2 League title with Newcastle Utd. Finally would be seeing some premiership action but everything is not all rosy. Guthrie just picked up 2-7 months injury during the off season. So i went out and both Ucke Kalu who according to my scout is going to be a great utility player which is exactly what i need with a low budget and Le Tallec from Le Mans because i am short on talent upfront.

Boro and WBA got promoted while the likes of Burnley,Birmingham and Wolves got relegated. Hopefully Birmingham will go ahead and sell me Ridgewell now that they have gotten relegated.

Harewood won the MVP for the Div 2 Coca Cola league with 14 goals. I am still not impressed with his exploits and hustle upfront. I still don't think he will be able to cut it in the EPL. He is up for contract renewals and withholding currently. I will do my search thru free agency for quality upfront and i might just let him lose but also contempting on resigning him and then selling him off to recoup some cash.

Oh well fellaz am unto the EPL.. I'm loving this..

I just won my Div 2 League title with Newcastle Utd. Finally would be seeing some premiership action but everything is not all rosy. Guthrie just picked up 2-7 months injury during the off season. So i went out and both Ucke Kalu who according to my scout is going to be a great utility player which is exactly what i need with a low budget and Le Tallec from Le Mans because i am short on talent upfront.

Boro and WBA got promoted while the likes of Burnley,Birmingham and Wolves got relegated. Hopefully Birmingham will go ahead and sell me Ridgewell now that they have gotten relegated.

Harewood won the MVP for the Div 2 Coca Cola league with 14 goals. I am still not impressed with his exploits and hustle upfront. I still don't think he will be able to cut it in the EPL. He is up for contract renewals and withholding currently. I will do my search thru free agency for quality upfront and i might just let him lose but also contempting on resigning him and then selling him off to recoup some cash.

Oh well fellaz am unto the EPL.. I'm loving this..

Well done mate, unfortunately my season fell apart at the end, typical, typical Boro. It was in the script, and Boro followed it to a tee, as ever. :BRICK:

With 6-7 games to go till the end of the season I was in 2nd place. Then it all started to go so very wrong. The fitness of my players were all on blue or purple arrows, and I mean my FULL team. My fitness coach was a level 2, and after a long season the cracks were beginning to appear in my small, tired squad. I just couldnt seem to win any games, 0-0, 1-1 draws were common in the run in, and in turn, 2 points lost everytime this happened.

I then played Arsenal in the FA Cup final, again, with all my team on blues and purples. They couldnt pass for shit, finish for toffee, and the reactions and first touches were pathetic. After 30 minutes I was 3-0 down. Arsenal were playing like a Premiership team on fire, and a different level in class right across the park.:THINK:

After a change of tactics and formation, and a couple of subs, I steadied the ship. I created a few chances, but the blue and purple arrows ensured none found the back of the net. I did manage a consolation goal for my fans as the final ended 3-1.

I then played Newcastle away in a game that I needed to win. My players were still shattered, I must have hit the bar, the post, the defenders arse, everything, but couldnt get the all important goal. The game ended 0-0. The last two games of the season I won and drew, but sadly it wasnt enough, and I finished 4th in the Championship. There was 4 points seperating top and 4th place, thats how tight it was. Derby won the league on the last day of the season, knocking Newcastle to 2nd and Cardiff 3rd, 1 point ahead of me but with better goal difference. Gutted. :((

This felt like the time Boro lost two cup finals and got relegated in the same season in real life, heartbreaking. PES 2010 is as real as it gets.

The only plus side I could see was that I had imported all 64 slots with Championship chants, so at least I wouldnt have to replace them all with Premiership ones for my ML. Hardly the greatest consolation, but there was a little suprise on its way that I'd criminally missed. :BOP:

So, resigned to the fact I was spending another season in the Championship I started looking for new players to bolster my squad. The only problem was my level 2 scout could not get me anyone. I won £1 million for the runners up spot in the FA Cup and I sold Pogatetz for £3.9 million, Shawki for £1.3 and Bent who was now 31 for £1.2 million and a couple of young kids that never got a game for £800,000. I then used the money to increase my staff levels. A level 4 fitness Coach, Level 3 Coach and a Level 4 Scout with a level 2 Doctor. I felt I needed to put the money back into the club and build from that base.

With my new scout I managed to get the experienced Vincenzo Iaquinta from Juventus, Bodor from Rodos ( Frank ;) ) and some 30 year old Turkish player as cover. Lita had returned from his 8 month injury. And the rest of my young kids had been progressing very well, Johnson, Emnes, Taylor, Wheater, Hoyte etc.

Wolves, Birmingham and Stoke got relegated and joined me in the Championship.

I started my new campaign with a 1-1 draw with Wolves, they got the equaliser in stoppage time. I then got knocked out of the FA Cup 1st round by Portsmouth, 2-1 after extra time. I then battered Plymouth, Forest, Doncaster and Watford before losing a close game 2-1 to West Brom. Vincenzo Iaquinta had a terrible debut away from home, before bagging a hat-trick on his home debut.

Then the surprise came ..............

Arsenal had done the double, which meant as the losing FA Cup finalist, I got entered into the Europa League !!! Waheey !!!!!

I had played 3 seasons with Stoke in hope of qualifying for the new endorsed campaign, but just missed out on two occasions. Finally I was able to see the all new presentation of the glorious Europa Cup. Amazing.

My first game was against IFK Gotenberg, which I won away from home 1-0 with a goal from Caleb Folan. I'm currently 2nd in the Championship after 10 games, with Birmingham top after winning every game with one draw.

I'm over the moon, ( to quote the classic cliche) about the Europa League. I have never qualified for the Uefa Cup via this route before as I have always done it in previous PES games by my league finish. I wasnt even sure they had added this element into the game. Brilliant Konami, simply brilliant.

I have never loved a game or PES like this in my life. The challenge is immense, tactics mean everything, and the game is as deep as the ocean.

Could Boro have another run like we did in the Europa League when we reached the final ? dont put it past us......I see some more 4-3 thrillers on the way. And this game is more than capable of recreating that. No question.

Edit -

Things that put a huge smile on my face.

Playing Watford, battering them, and my fans singing away from home " Come on Boro, Come Boro, Come on Boro", Watford fans fired straight back with " You what ? You what, You what ? You what,You what ? You what? " To which my fans fired straight back with " Come on Boro, Come Boro, Come on Boro". Class.

A goal from Adam Johnson, in which he scored with a back heel flick into the bottom corner. Amazing improvisation, never seen that before so far in PES 2010. I will post a video of that as it was extremely cheeky.

Last edited:
Hey Jimmy, I got that great surprise too with the Europa League, it's excellent.

About your chants, how come you have away fan chants? I only ever have the home team's chants playing?

FD

I too have started a new ML with the Championship OF. I've gone for Swansea and am currently lying top of the league half way through the season. I'm playing on pro level and the balance is perfect. I've had some brilliant games, notably coming back from 2-0 to beat the toon army 3-2 at St James' in a top of the league clash.

I got knocked out of the cup in the first round to blackburn, which showed the 'up in class' in the prem, which is great and really realistic.

All my staff are on level 1 and am struggling to sign players. I got Anderson from forest in Jan, which was pretty cool as he used to play for Swans in real life. I also sold a few fringe players which means I've got some cash to play with :)

I'm pretty confident of going up, as I'm about 9pts clear of 4th place, so I can't wait for the challenge that lies ahead. In the summer, I'm desperate to land a striker to play alongside trundle. Moses from Palace is my top target, so fingers crossed......loving it!

Just won the Europa League on Top Player!!! Great feeling! 3 mil euros as well! :D

Beat Man U 3-1 after being down 1-0 :|!

2 completed transfers as well, youngsters well on their 70's. Can't wait for the next season. BTW, if I will install another OF, will that wipe off my progress?

Hey Jimmy, I got that great surprise too with the Europa League, it's excellent.

About your chants, how come you have away fan chants? I only ever have the home team's chants playing?

FD

I have put a 1 different Boro chant in every Championship Team's 5 available slots mate. Boro have brilliant away support in real life, so I wanted that replicated. ;)

I will do the same in the EPL once I get there, adds to the realism.

When I played Arsenal in the final, Arsenal were the 'home' team so to speak. So I mixed up the chants half and half between Boro and Arsenal in Arsenals slots before the game. It really felt like a proper Cup final with the support. Just a pity Boro didnt turn up.

In the summer, I'm desperate to land a striker to play alongside trundle. Moses from Palace is my top target, so fingers crossed......loving it!

I love Lee Trundle, how is he in PES 2010 mate ? I scouted him but obviously he is getting on a bit now.

. BTW, if I will install another OF, will that wipe off my progress?

Your ML is a seperate save file so it shouldnt matter.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, good shout Jimmy, never thought of that myself. Will maybe add my lowest chant to each team. :) Never thought of that.

DB - Maybe he was a regen, not sure mate, if I remember right he is young (19?).

FD

Orellano is ML Youth player (fake ML youth wonderkid :) ). With high enough youth academy LVL, you probably got him in your youth team. Lucky b'stard :)

Ahhhh, good shout Jimmy, never thought of that myself. Will maybe add my lowest chant to each team. :) Never thought of that.

DB - Maybe he was a regen, not sure mate, if I remember right he is young (19?).

FD

Thats exactly what I did mate, the lowest level chants sound even better and more authentic in the away ground. ;)

Man...I cant wait to start my ML, but I have to drag myself away from the BAL. It's bad enough this game is keeping me away from Uncharted 2 and I still have MLB09 on the way and Assasins Creed 2.

Man...I cant wait to start my ML, but I have to drag myself away from the BAL. It's bad enough this game is keeping me away from Uncharted 2 and I still have MLB09 on the way and Assasins Creed 2.

Oh you have finally made an appearance have you Zee. :LOL:

I havent even started my BAL yet, I daren't. :CONFUSE:

I'm absolutely ridiculously addicted to my ML, not been getting to bed till turned 1am most work nights, I have to be up for 7am. It's killing me. But I love it. :BOP:

I have never failed to get out of the Division 2 in my first attempt in any other previous PES game. And although it pissed me off failing this time around, I secretly loved it. It's such a challenge with no money, no decent staff, a small squad and everything against me. It's how it should be.

@Jimmy, brilliant post but i am still wondering how u find the joy to be happy about playing div 2 football again. I know i will be really gutted...lol. It is really tight at the top. I won the div2 with just 2 points above Boro and 3pts above WBA. I won it at the last day of the season.

I did enjoy playing in the championship though when everything was stacked up against you playing on blue and purple but you had no option to continue playing them but i just couldn't wait to play in the premiership.

I am so ticked off right now because all the players that got me to this point with the Toon Army all wanna leave. I mean shouldn't they be happy they finally made it to the Premiership. I am still in the off season and i haven't been able to sign anybody except get Ayew from Marsielle on loan. I can't increase my staff levels until the first week of the season and even with that they won't be able to negotiate fast enough for me to stand a chance of signing any quality player. The Free agency pool sucks cuz nobody really let quality players leave. Its all players in their 30's and with Overall stats in their 50's.

J.Gutierrez is heart broken without even kicking a ball in the prem.Barton,Nolan,Alan Smith, Collocini have their loyalty at the lowest point. I feel seriously betrayed and gutted . Am i that bad of manager and don't have any man management skills ? lolol why do they all wanna leave ? lol lol

Its business it aint personal. When the transfer closes, i will put them on the trading block and trade them off when the offers come that way they can still contribute while i find replacement during that process as well during the first half of the season.

Nice touch from Konami here, simply brilliant imho. I can't wait to kick a ball first game is against fellow debutants WBA. I hope i pick up 3pts.

PS. U should check again, you will see a pending friend request.

I started out as Bordeaux but I hit a dead end due to poor scaling of rising salary vs. club income. I never involved myself in top top transfer purchases and developed my players through coaches and youth team, but as they get better their salary rises astronomically and I just can't afford to keep even the utility/team players.

I've developed Cavenaghi to an overall 88 CF, Chamakh to 82 CF, Gourcuff to 100 AMF/CMF, and Chalme to 82~84.

Wish they added some realism with salary decline after their peak etc. The players are too happy with their status the other clubs won't even bother to offer a transfer for them.

Too much success I guess.

Boy oh boy !I am struggling in the Premiership with the toon army for real.This is my record so far W3D8L2 sitting on 17points and 12th on the table. I just haven't been able to buy a goal. I just haven't been able to find a formation that gives me goals on a consistent basis. I have alot of goalless draws for real. The goals have completed dried up in this team.

Le Tallec just can't find the back of the net 2 goals in 10. appearances.Stats look nice but this guy just can't cut it in the EPL so far. The guy is beginning to look like a flop.

Barton,Smith,Nolan performance from the midfield are just atrocious. I am in trouble because i can't even find any decent midfielder that want to come to the Toon Army.
My players are just dropping like flies. Le Tallec out for 8wks,Ranger out for 25wks,Lovenkrands for 10wks,Guthrie out for 7wks.

Sorry guys, bit of false information there, the lad I got on a free is F.Orellana, free transfer after leaving Xerex in the summer.

I want to try and get the youth club to top level to bring through youth.

The last couple of league games has went a bit pear-shaped and we're 8 points from Olympiakos in top spot, think we're around 5th or 6th. Big teams are at the top, all the promoted teams are doing well with them filling 3 out of the top 6 places with Feyenoord, PSV and Ajax the other top teams.

Won through to the QF's of the cup after beating Herenveen 2-0. Drew 1-1 with Utrecht at home, should have won comfortably after a Popo goal, but a mistake from youngster Valeny allowed Utrecht to break and Dracos scored an og.

Next game saw the historic 1st home game in Europe for Rodos in the Europa League against Napoli, a comfortable 2-0 home win put us top on 6 points. Face off against Galatasary in a double header 2 points ahead currently. A win at home in the next match could well see us progress to the KO stage.

Next league game produced a 1-0 loss to Nimijen at home, just couldn't breakdown their defence and after Bourbous has been sent off for a rash tackle from behind we lost a goal in 88min to drop more points.

Looking at the 2nd division, it seems that the favourites to come up will consist of non-fake teams which is good, I'm really hoping Bayern Munich come up to add a good bit of glamour to the league, currently Hamburg are on top.

At the moment Agata (Argentinian) is doing excellent for me, only real goal threat I have. Suazo hasn't had the impact I thought, but I'll maybe bring him in as a striker (in from the wing) as Popo has been doing well in the AM role and put Zeus on the wing.

FD

p.s. Nice goal Tobi.

Last edited:
As I predicted I'm doing alright for myself with Ajax in the second season, top of the League and rubbished two teams in the cup. Killing off Panathinakos to get into the CL group was easy enough, but I'm in bad shape there after two games lost 1-0, both late. Next game is against Arsenal, I have to beat them or it's game over in the CL. The lack of decent defenders really hurts in the CL, even if I have only conceded 1 in the league.

Boy oh boy !I am struggling in the Premiership with the toon army for real.This is my record so far W3D8L2 sitting on 17points and 12th on the table. I just haven't been able to buy a goal. I just haven't been able to find a formation that gives me goals on a consistent basis..

Oh mate, those stats look alot like mine when I was Stoke in the EPL, hovering around the 10th place spot, struggling due to lack of quality in the squad. I was the draw specialist. As for me being back in the Championship, the bottom line is the league table doesnt lie. Over the season I just didnt do enough, it's that simple, and I have to take it on the chin and go back to the drawing board.

This season though I'm flying. After battering Birmingham away from home and inflicting their first loss, I'm now 8 points clear at the top of the Championship. I have won two group games in the Europa league, the 2nd win was an away victory against Udinese. Although it did come at a cost. Lita bagged two great goals, but was the victim of a horrific spiteful tackle from behind by a very frustrated Udinese defender. He was shown a straight red, but Lita looked in agony as he was stretchered off. Luckily he was only out for 4 weeks, it did look alot worse, thankfully my Level 2 Doctor knew enough.

A last minute goal from Sparta Praha against the run of play at the Riverside, was my first defeat in the Europa League, as we went down 2-1. Marvin Emnes is different class for me at the minute, and his efforts have just earned him a call up to the Dutch national squad. I'm also currently teaching Emnes the 'Passer' playing card. A million well spent as I plan on keeping him and my other young lads throughout their entire career.

Bodor, the player I signed from Rodos came off the bench to score his first goal for Boro with a very tidy finish, although in the end it was all in vain.

I have a goal saved from Emnes that was bordering perfection. Just like real life, when you catch a ball like this, you kind of know where its going. This was no different from the moment it left his boot. Everything was perfect. His balance, his stride, the strike, and just the right amount of power and direction of the d-pad ( like the penalties ) meant I knew it was going to be close to the top bag. My instincts were proven to be correct, as the ball smashed in off the inside of the angle from a good 35 yards out, beautiful.

Anybody with the Wanrizal Championship patch seriously needs to be looking at Wheater, Emnes, Johnson, Hoyte and Taylor, they are seriously great buys.

I'm off work tomorrow, and looking to buy a HD camcorder so I can start a new thread for great goals, tricks, and moments of magic.

Edit - Cant watch your goal from work Tobi but will leave feedback tonight once I have watched it. Nothing better than a subtle dink.

Last edited:
I had a poke around in ML last night to see how it was all set up. I can't understand why Konami have given us less control over how it's set up. And what is with those stupid fake teams in Div 2!? Plus, you can't buy internationals who aren't already in a club team. I guess you could transfer possible targets in to PES/WE united prior to starting, but still. You'd think in 2009 we'd have total freedom to do what we want, instead it feels to me like i'm going backwards here.

Can someone tell me what these DIV2 fake teams is about?
I haven't started a ML yet, just curious, can we not use who we want to in Div2 like the old days? I was wanting Serie B or Championship teams as Div 2.

Can someone tell me what these DIV2 fake teams is about?
I haven't started a ML yet, just curious, can we not use who we want to in Div2 like the old days? I was wanting Serie B or Championship teams as Div 2.

The fake teams are default. You can choose any teams for Division 2 ;)

Wow this game is nice, I thought i would be able to use J.Gutierrez after he has been heart broken for me not allowing him to leave. He hasn't featured in one match for me this season and he is not even moaning about it. He has been on purple fitness level since day one of the season.And i have played 15 games thus far. An offer came in for him so i sold the fv.xker for $1.3 Million to Portsmouth...Good riddance to bad rubbish.

All my players are now moaning machines as my entire strike force have been depleted with injuries. Harewood,Ameobi,Rangers,Le Tallec are all not with injuries not less than 6weeks.

I feel insulted by the big four, Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool,Man Utd. None of them fields their starting 11 against me. Everytime i read the team info before the match. I always get this info "May try to conserve energy for a later game which they see as more important". They don't take me seriously at all. lolololol... It hurts and i still haven't been beaten any of them yet..All i get is a draw or lose. I neeed to make someone pay before they take me seriously.

@Jimmy, thanks for the encouragement, i thought i just plain sucked...hehehehe..Nice to hear that your youngsters are progressing nicely.

For the Toon army the ones who are suppose to show leadership are trying to jump ship and their performance have been abysmal.Nolan,A.Smith,Barton,J Gutierrez haven't done jack all season.

I just had a crazy game against Nac Breda, they had insane possession at the start and I hardly got to play, I was still up 0-1 in 19 minutes, through a very stupid looking own goal. Pattinama equalized at 26 minutes, and added another one in 47 minutes. Before this game I had conceded just one in the league so I was frustrated. Makaay was on top and I was tearing my hair over his incompetence. Then suddenly, he answered my insults in the best way possible. First by a nice long ranger on 58th minuta, he was on a red arrow after all. Then just 3 minutes later he threw himself to head the ball from an impossible angle,2-3 and I managed to keep Nac Breda from scoring more. After his second goal I rested Makaay like most of my starting team, although that was not my intention before the match. He has disappointed, but surely impressed in these few minutes. Now it's time for a do or die match against Arsenal in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom