PES 2010 Masterleague

The DGG Division 2 promotion race is hotting up, currently Panathanaikos lead the way on 43 points on goal difference to Panionios Athen, Olympiakos sit in 3rd place on 39 points, with Diagoras in 4th and Rodos in 5th place on 39 points behind Olympiakos in goals. However Rodos have won through to the DGG Cup final where they will face Division 1 aces Ajax. Rodos managed to overcome Olympiakos in a 2-0 semi-final win with striker Dracos and defensive midfielder Bourkous scoring from a corner late in the match to seal their win.

League form has been erratic so far this season with late results of losing 3-2 to bottom side FK Holjduwzk (sp?) away from home, down 3-0, Rodos managed to spark a mini revival however wasn’t enough and went down to a defeat to the bottom side. However they followed that up with a 1-0 win at home to Bayern Munich who find themselves languishing 12 points away from a promotion place, recent signing Popo who has found it difficult to find form managed to bag the winning goal.

Popo along with other new signings full-back Traore and striker Malunguoni have failed to impress since joining, however hope that they will gel into the team and tactics and become valuable assets. Youth players brough in have done far better with youngsters Valeny and Ceciu providing a partner to main centre half Nigerian Barik Toumba. Espimas has also fit in well when required to wide midfield and in some cases full-back. Castolo has been the main star with a number of goals so far for the club and finds himself as one of Rodos’s top scorers. However the youngsters have still to find their fitness in the game to last the whole match.

FD

I went on a spending spree before my second season and I'd like to think I have a rather nice midfield now. Bullard, Salihamidiz, Alvaro Gonzales where all there before but I have added Exteberria, Victor Palacios, and I think one more who I can't remember now. Also, Oscar from youth team. I got Makaay, PSV's top goalscorer from the season before to play up front with Crouch and Gutierrez (who has really improved). Also a new keeper, an unknown to me. Happy with the middle and front end of my team but sadly all my attempts to buy a defender failed. So now I basically have Hreidarson still as top dog in the defence, although he mainly plays side back. I'm confident I can take the league and defend the cup but I worry about the Champions League (you know, as much as you can worry about something in a videogame).

I've started with Sunderland, only got roughly £10,000,000 in funds to start with once all my sponsorship had been received (this is in Top player, do you get more money in easier levels????) and most of that was gone with my first lot of wages, managed to sell a couple so I could put my scout to level five and fitness coach and doctor to level 3. Haven't had any money to sign any one yet although I got Jack Wilshere and Urretta on loan. Does a loan deal increase the likelihood of signing them on a full time basis??

I have a question though as I think I've ballsed up. Half, if not more, of my squad needed contract renewals in my first January and were all asking for considerably more than their current contracts and their market value. I decided to try and renegotiate with them all and meet about half way on the assumption that my 'Level 5' coach would use his jedi like powers of persuasion to get them to accept the slightly reduced terms (still much more than they were currently earning and more than their value) or that they'd decline and come back with different terms which we could continue to barter over. (I also thought they may just be going high as a start of negotiations). Anyway to cut an already long story a little shorter all the ungrateful fuckers declined my offers and I've not been presented with an opportunity to increase them.

I've now got the likes of Chelsea sniffing around (they've actually made him an offer)Darren Bent and Andy Reid. I'm on course to finish in the Champions League places so what i want to know is will I get the chance to renew the players contracts or will all my players be off to pastures new leaving me without enough players to field a side for an up coming Champs League campaign and me not getting a penny for them (that's what really hurts)and needing to draft not nearly ready youth team players?????

I've started with Sunderland, only got roughly £10,000,000 in funds to start with once all my sponsorship had been received (this is in Top player, do you get more money in easier levels????) and most of that was gone with my first lot of wages, managed to sell a couple so I could put my scout to level five and fitness coach and doctor to level 3. Haven't had any money to sign any one yet although I got Jack Wilshere and Urretta on loan. Does a loan deal increase the likelihood of signing them on a full time basis??

I have a question though as I think I've ballsed up. Half, if not more, of my squad needed contract renewals in my first January and were all asking for considerably more than their current contracts and their market value. I decided to try and renegotiate with them all and meet about half way on the assumption that my 'Level 5' coach would use his jedi like powers of persuasion to get them to accept the slightly reduced terms (still much more than they were currently earning and more than their value) or that they'd decline and come back with different terms which we could continue to barter over. (I also thought they may just be going high as a start of negotiations). Anyway to cut an already long story a little shorter all the ungrateful fuckers declined my offers and I've not been presented with an opportunity to increase them.

I've now got the likes of Chelsea sniffing around (they've actually made him an offer)Darren Bent and Andy Reid. I'm on course to finish in the Champions League places so what i want to know is will I get the chance to renew the players contracts or will all my players be off to pastures new leaving me without enough players to field a side for an up coming Champs League campaign and me not getting a penny for them (that's what really hurts)and needing to draft not nearly ready youth team players?????

Same thing happened to me when I wanted to renegotiate and lower their salaries to their values. They put their contracts on hold and I feared the worst. Thankfully after the end of the season, during the summer transfers they came back to me and I accepted their offers. Only renegotiated ones I couldn't care less about if they stayed on cheap or left, whom were two, and they left :LOL:

Same thing happened to me when I wanted to renegotiate and lower their salaries to their values. They put their contracts on hold and I feared the worst. Thankfully after the end of the season, during the summer transfers they came back to me and I accepted their offers. Only renegotiated ones I couldn't care less about if they stayed on cheap or left, whom were two, and they left :LOL:

Thank you (and thank god for that!) you've put my mind to rest.

You don't know about the likelihood of signing loan players too do you?

but I worry about the Champions League (you know, as much as you can worry about something in a videogame).

Worry ? I cant sleep through worry. :LOL:

So I started my new ML with my home town team, Boro. Started in the Coca-Cola Championship with my new Championship patch on Professional. Unlike my first ML with Stoke, who were small fish in a big pond, it's now the opposite with Boro, we are the big fish in the small Division 2 pond. I'm playing 10 minute games which feel too short after playing 15 minute games, but I will change the level to Top Player once I get promoted to the Premiership and 15 minute games again.

Like I said before, after upping my Scout and Coach to level 2, I had £36,000 to spend on new players, obviously I didnt buy anyone. My scout is useless and cannot find anybody, which is good, as my Stoke scout was a level 4 and I can really feel the difference. The same goes for my fitness coach and coach. When I was with Stoke I had very few injuries, and no players were out for longer than 3-4 weeks. I'm having a nightmare at the minute with the Boro players fitness levels. I was 3rd in the league going into the January transfer window. Cardiff were top, Newcastle 2nd, Boro 3rd and West Brom 4th.

Lita and Bent had been on fire, and Adam Johnson is a different class in the Championship, just like real life ;)

Then the bad news came in ......

St Ledger, who had been a rock at the back picked up an injury in training, out for 8 weeks :CONFUSE:

A week later, Lita got injured in training, out for 8 months !! Nooooo !!

Then Bent out for 8 weeks through an injury in training. What the fuck my Coach is doing with them I'll never know, but he is killing my players. My club Doctor is only a level 1 so he couldnt cure a cold. My scout is pathetic and cant sign or even find any players, it's hard times at the moment, but we are battling on. Club captain David Wheater has chipped in with some valuable headers from corners, a couple in stoppage time as well to secure the 3 points. Wheater really is some player in PES.

Luckily Bent returned just after the transfer window closed, so I played Emnes up front as a make-shift striker, I really have a small squad. It wasnt really working. So I gave recent Hull loan signing Calib Folan his chance, which he took brilliantly with 2 goals on his home debut including a low driven 35 yard screamer.

After beating Bolton in the 1st round of the FA Cup, I then beat Villa on penalties in the next round, and Stoke in the quarter finals on penalties, oh the irony. Then came Manchester Utd in the Semi Final. I'd yet to beat Man Utd in my 3 ML seasons with Stoke, so this was always going to be a hard game. Just for the crack and a little hope, I inserted the chant 'Que sera sera, we are going to Wembley, we are going to see the Queen, Que Sera, Sera'.

Boro beat Man Utd 2-0, both goals from Marcus Bent, and after the second goal, after 70 minutes played, my supporters sang their heart out as 'Que Sera' etc etc echoed throughout the stadium. Man did I smile, especially as they battered me throughout the game. It was one of those classic Boro v Man Utd victories.

With Arsenal beating Spurs on penalties in the other Semi, it set up another trip for the Boro to hopefully Wembley. We have a terrible record in Finals at Wembley in real life, so hopefully the boys can pull it off, and get promoted to the Premiership. What a first season that would be. ;)

Last edited:
I'm still worried about this crap defending the AI is doing, no matter the team I am facing, from Real Madrid to Dynamo Kiev...they are letting me shoot from all over the paces. It is ruining the game for me...really.

Are there any tweaks in the edit mode which I could do in order to improve the AI defense? For the love of God, I have around 20 shots now /game, with at least 1 going in. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Also, is the update out yet? Thanks!

I just restarted my ML again, using the championship OF and using Newcastle. I have only $930000 left for me and with gate fees of $22000 for home matches and $20000 sponsorship bonus for winning three or more consecutive games. I mean what am i suppose to be do with that... lol.

Oh managed to beat liverpool in the FA Cuo 1st round. They used a weakened side and i still played counter attack with 4-5-1 formation.I would the game luckily at the game.

Div 2 is driving me nuts though, players injury prone, lack fitness etc I am loving the challenge though.

@Jimmy, Div 2 is a real test of your managerial acumen for real. btw still haven't been able to play u online once and my friend request is still pending... figure it out already... lol.

PS: Started on top player to get the most kick out of it.

Last edited:
@Jimmy, Div 2 is a real test of your managerial acumen for real. btw still haven't been able to play u online once and my friend request is still pending... figure it out already... lol.

I dont think I have any friends requests pending, apologies if I have missed it mate, I will check as soon as I get home tonight and add you. ;)

From Jeers to Cheers

What a difference a month makes, after a terrible March run which saw no wins and the league title ambition all but over, April has brought some good fortune and now with only 5 games left Rodos find themselves in 3rd spot. The title looks out of reach with Panathinaikos stretching away closely followed by Olympiakos, unless both teams capitulate the gap they have with only 15 points available will be too much.

With pressure building on the team after a 2nd defeat to bitter rivals Diagoras at home, followed by 3 draws meant Elafia were looking in danger of blowing their promotion hopes, however the last draw sparked some better fortunes for the much criticised new players Popo (AM), Traore (SB) and Molounagi (CF). Recent acquisition Traore put Rodos 1-0 ahead against Stuttgart in Germany, although the match finished 1-1, the new signings have now turned their fortunes around after the manager restructured the team lineup.

The most noticeable change was the move of Dracos from striker to defence to add some steel to the backline, however up front this resulted in speed-bomb Georgios Dokos moving from the wing to up front which has resulted in the biggest change in results. The Greek has nabbed several goals in the past few games and much critisiced striker Molounagi has chipped in with 3 goals in his last 2 games. The best result came in a thumping 6-2 win away from home to Wolfsburg who look to have now dropped out of promotion contention.

Closest rivals to Rodos are Diagoras who are in 5th, however 1 point behind Rodos is their next opponent PAOK Thessalonaika. A win for Elafia could knock PAOK’s challenge a crushing blow and give the Aegean side a great chance of claiming 3rd place all for their own.

The run in sees Rodos go up against PAOK, then followed by Fake Team 1, Fake Team 2, Panionios Athen and finally the toughest looking game Olympiakos, they maybe fighting it out with Panathinaikos for the title so that could be the ultimate showdown for both teams. Wedged in the middle of the fixtures will be Rodos cup final against Ajax. However it has already been stated by manager FD that he would accept defeat in the final if it guaranteed promotion.

Rodos maybe just finding their form at the right time.

FD

From Jeers to Cheers

What a difference a month makes, after a terrible March run which saw no wins and the league title ambition all but over, April has brought some good fortune and now with only 5 games left Rodos find themselves in 3rd spot. The title looks out of reach with Panathinaikos stretching away closely followed by Olympiakos, unless both teams capitulate the gap they have with only 15 points available will be too much.

With pressure building on the team after a 2nd defeat to bitter rivals Diagoras at home, followed by 3 draws meant Elafia were looking in danger of blowing their promotion hopes, however the last draw sparked some better fortunes for the much criticised new players Popo (AM), Traore (SB) and Molounagi (CF). Recent acquisition Traore put Rodos 1-0 ahead against Stuttgart in Germany, although the match finished 1-1, the new signings have now turned their fortunes around after the manager restructured the team lineup.

The most noticeable change was the move of Dracos from striker to defence to add some steel to the backline, however up front this resulted in speed-bomb Georgios Dokos moving from the wing to up front which has resulted in the biggest change in results. The Greek has nabbed several goals in the past few games and much critisiced striker Molounagi has chipped in with 3 goals in his last 2 games. The best result came in a thumping 6-2 win away from home to Wolfsburg who look to have now dropped out of promotion contention.

Closest rivals to Rodos are Diagoras who are in 5th, however 1 point behind Rodos is their next opponent PAOK Thessalonaika. A win for Elafia could knock PAOK’s challenge a crushing blow and give the Aegean side a great chance of claiming 3rd place all for their own.

The run in sees Rodos go up against PAOK, then followed by Fake Team 1, Fake Team 2, Panionios Athen and finally the toughest looking game Olympiakos, they maybe fighting it out with Panathinaikos for the title so that could be the ultimate showdown for both teams. Wedged in the middle of the fixtures will be Rodos cup final against Ajax. However it has already been stated by manager FD that he would accept defeat in the final if it guaranteed promotion.

Rodos maybe just finding their form at the right time.

FD

Good luck mate, it sounds like it is all heating up quite nicely now.

Just wondered why you play with these teams with the SPL patch out or even the Championship patch ? Thought you may have fancied playing in leagues a little closer to home ?

Although reading your posts has me even thinking of venturing outside of the UK for my next ML, even though thats a long way off.

Cheers mate, very exciting climax to the season, really enjoying it due to the more details goings-on.

In regards to playing UK teams, I’ve never done that, also the same for Footy Manager, I have an affinity with Rodos (Rhodes, Greece), got married there in 2005, love the place to death and decided to use them. They’re a low league Greek team, but I use them both in PES and Footy Manager (obviously boosting their reputation).

Never use my team Celtic for any of the games.

As I said I’m really enjoying the game, still some niggly issues with some gameplay, but overall for me it’s an improvement for my enjoyment. Only thing I miss about ML is the little picture snippets that were on the previous version like players and fans. Miss that wee bit.

In terms of the news, what is the point of that? I read in the manual that you could look up the world news by going into the News section, but am I right in saying all it is, is a bit of text at the bottom and a badge of the team in their country? Pretty pointless for me.

FD

I had a poke around in ML last night to see how it was all set up. I can't understand why Konami have given us less control over how it's set up. And what is with those stupid fake teams in Div 2!? Plus, you can't buy internationals who aren't already in a club team. I guess you could transfer possible targets in to PES/WE united prior to starting, but still. You'd think in 2009 we'd have total freedom to do what we want, instead it feels to me like i'm going backwards here.

I had a poke around in ML last night to see how it was all set up. I can't understand why Konami have given us less control over how it's set up. And what is with those stupid fake teams in Div 2!? Plus, you can't buy internationals who aren't already in a club team. I guess you could transfer possible targets in to PES/WE united prior to starting, but still. You'd think in 2009 we'd have total freedom to do what we want, instead it feels to me like i'm going backwards here.

I'm a regular of the series since PES1 and i have to say that, that seems to always the case with Konami.
The new ML is a huge leap forward, but they ruined it with the fake teams and the inability of transferring internationals...i was looking forward to put some Bosnian players in my ML team...i was so glad that that national team is in the game...

I'm playing a ML with Braga. Play it on regular and it's too easy. Gonna augment the difficulty. Gameplaywise i hate the pin-point pingpong passing of the CPU team and the fact that it's so difficult to score with corners...

Yeah the Internationals are a pain in the butt. They later show up though as youth players after the first season. In my situation i had Ribery show up like a youth player for Hearts at the age of 19yrs old. So they do show up. I don't know if thats necessarily a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm a regular of the series since PES1 and i have to say that, that seems to always the case with Konami.
The new ML is a huge leap forward, but they ruined it with the fake teams and the inability of transferring internationals...i was looking forward to put some Bosnian players in my ML team...i was so glad that that national team is in the game...

I'm playing a ML with Braga. Play it on regular and it's too easy. Gonna augment the difficulty. Gameplaywise i hate the pin-point pingpong passing of the CPU team and the fact that it's so difficult to score with corners...

I kinda like the way it is sort of hard to score from the corner kicks. In previous version it use to be very easy. I think it is sorta balanced.

The regular difficulty is too easy.If you really wanna enjoy this game play it at top player.

I'm still worried about this crap defending the AI is doing, no matter the team I am facing, from Real Madrid to Dynamo Kiev...they are letting me shoot from all over the paces. It is ruining the game for me...really.

Are there any tweaks in the edit mode which I could do in order to improve the AI defense? For the love of God, I have around 20 shots now /game, with at least 1 going in. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

You might try increasing pressing and compactness of every team if it bothers you that much and also try not shooting at every opportunity you get.

You don't necessarily have to exploit every flaws in the game, try changing the way you play.

In previous version, i knew cut backs were easy, so i tried to minimize how many times i did that or use that move.

Yeah the Internationals are a pain in the butt. They later show up though as youth players after the first season. In my situation i had Ribery show up like a youth player for Hearts at the age of 19yrs old. So they do show up. I don't know if thats necessarily a good thing or a bad thing.

OMG it gets worse! Honestly Konami! They have lost the plot completely. I'm sticking with PS2 (even previous versions) until this sort of nonsense is rectified.

You might try increasing pressing and compactness of every team if it bothers you that much and also try not shooting at every opportunity you get.

You don't necessarily have to exploit every flaws in the game, try changing the way you play.

In previous version, i knew cut backs were easy, so i tried to minimize how many times i did that or use that move.

I dont have a friend request mate ? Send again please. Cheers bro. ;)

OMG it gets worse! Honestly Konami! They have lost the plot completely. I'm sticking with PS2 (even previous versions) until this sort of nonsense is rectified.

You will be missing out on the major improvement. So u gon stay away from pes2010 because u can't put ribery in another team or because he shows up as a youth player :SHOCK:

@Jimmy aight i will do that, when i can get around to it.

PS. Have you had a situation with Boro were all your Goalies are out injured 2-3 weeks.

You will be missing out on the major improvement. So u gon stay away from pes2010 because u can't put ribery in another team or because he shows up as a youth player :SHOCK:

To me that is a perfectly logical reason to stay away from it...i still like it, but it doesn't have the magic of the PES 3, 4 and 5....

I have NBA2K10 and FM10: these are the games to have IMHO...

PS: Prof, but yesterday evening you where playing PES...

Yes gerd i was :P exhibitions/cups only though.

It's a shame, because i love the presentation and off-field improvements.

I really don't have time to rename players and teams (first) and edit kits (less important to me). I tried sticking an OF on my Xbox, but i kinda f*cked it up and had to reformat.

How many of you are seeing outrageous signings in the game. I wish we still had the option to choose the frequency at which players switch clubs. It is insane, i mean some move have its wow factor, some of them just leave you scratching your head. So far this are the moves i have seen in just two seasons;

Simao -- Chelsea
Rooney -- Chelsea
Pato -- Man Utd
Ronaldinho -- Man Utd
Buffon -- Juventus
D Bent -- Slavia Prague
Huntelaar -- Tottenham
Reina (GK) -- Juventus
Bojan---Real Madrid
Robinho -- Real Madrid
V.Valdes --- AZ Alkmaar
De Jong -- Liverpool
Cani -- Copenhagen
Maniche -- Bburn Rovers
M. Bastos -- Man Utd
Milito --- Tottenham
D. Stankovic -- Tottenham spurs
R. Carlos -- tottenham
Marcelo -- Tottenham spurs
O'shea --- Barcelona
Santa Cruz --Barcelona
Zapater -- Barcelona
Mutu -- Barcelona
Mikel Obi -- Ath Madrid
Quaresma -- Liverpool

:SHOCK: :lol: yes its crazy but i like it this way, keeps the game refreshing.

It's your team the editied Bucharesti team you have.

There obviously good.

Also put it on Proffesional, it's better! Just as challenging aswell.

Yes i know Teams give you space to shoot from range but i can't hardly take advantage with my Villarreal side since the only player good and consistent from range is Senna, and he's slow so he hardly gets intot hese positions.

Haven't scored many from range at all, but i play with random/average teams.

It's your team the editied Bucharesti team you have.

There obviously good.

Also put it on Proffesional, it's better! Just as challenging aswell.

Yes i know Teams give you space to shoot from range but i can't hardly take advantage with my Villarreal side since the only player good and consistent from range is Senna, and he's slow so he hardly gets intot hese positions.

Haven't scored many from range at all, but i play with random/average teams.

Thanks for the reply mate, thought no one has seen it :D...

I do love a little challenge and Top Player is what I play on. Will give it a try on Pro just to see if it changes things a little bit...

My players aren't aliens in terms of ratings though, only the player I have created as myself is around the 90's :D...I have also chosen the best possible formation, with edited positions for all players, just to get the highest rating possible for each of them. I have 2 SS, with both of them shooting from all over the place.

I need them to attack me starting with the 30m area, just as a normal DMF would normally do!

PS - their back passing is annoying as hell. They keep on passing the ball on the back line and it has become very frustrating. Other than that, this is an amazing game overall, I can't stop playing the ML.

I just freaking love this game. I am using Newcastle on top player still in div 2 and top the table with just the first half of the season played. I signed Olofinjana because Nolan and Alan Smith can't seem to stay fit even if their life depended on it. So i near brink on bankruptcy with just $10000 in the coffers. Last day on the transfer i get a call from Copenhagen offering $4467000 for Geremi who is 30yrs old.

He has been outstanding for me though, banged in like two freekicks for me to snatch victories in the jaws of defeat but i just had to let him go with that kind of money for a player who is definitely on his last legs..

Simply beautiful...Jeez cant stand Alan Smith the guy is a fvckin moaner and S.Taylor has been pants since i turned down a offer for him for $1,333,214 from Aston Villa. Tough luck for him, i aint got any other decent defender aprt from Coloccini. He has to play through his emotion, he will get over it.

Just beat Man Utd in Quarter finals on pks 9-8. Got the last minute equalize from a last minute corner kick scramble... Harper really saved my butt all game. They fielded a weaken side but Macheda and Obertan were simply a thong in my defence....

I am having fun with Newcastle can't wait to get the Premiership proper.

Sidenote: Inter Milan signs Villa for $80 Million turns around and sell Milito to Real Madrid for $40 Million and Real Madrid sells Raul to AS Roma for $32 Million and Kaka to Chelsea for $72 Million and Chelsea sells Deco to AC Milan for $20 Million.

Barcelona feels like they need to get into the action so they splash out $40 Million for Buffon, $35 Million on Walcott, Sales Yaya Toure to Juventus for $15 Million and then Valdes to Valencia for $22 Million and Valencia splashes $18 Million on Trezeguet.

The funniest of them all,typical Arsene Wenger gets into advance negotiations with Frey as the text was running across the top of the page only for Tottenham FC to end up signing him for $15 Million....lol

Back
Top Bottom