PES 2010 Masterleague

I don;t know if you guys have this little "problem:

-The AI defense is always backing up when coming with a player in their own field. It's like they are creating a whole lot of space for me, for long distance shots. They will only come and attack me when I reach their box. Most of my goals are long-distance shots just because I simply run through the middle and blast it in.

I play on Pro. All teams do this, from Man U to Shaktar. Let me know. Thx!

Well I'm finally getting that good old 'master league' feeling back I used to get on the ps2 days!

Since release day I must have started about 5 or 6 master leagues, trying to get the balance right as well as the enjoyment factor and to be honest I was struggling. I tried man u (too easy), spurs, everton, and w ham (difficulty ok, but that 'special feeling wasn't there). So I took a day off from playing and had a real good think about which team to go for. And I've opted for Standard Liege and I must say, I'm loving it!!

I've started in Div 2 of Holland with a mixture of teams from belgium, scandanavia, aberdeen & hearts, and a couple from eastern europe.

I'm only about 10 games in, but everything about it feels great - a real challenge, with every goal I score making me jump out of my seat.

I'm yet to make a transfer, however the squad is really young and some of them are looking very promising indeed.

@jimmy - Cyriac is in the Liege squad, and although his stats are the worst of all my young strikers, because of reading his progress with you, I've opted to make him my main 'hitman'. To be honest he's been shocking, with no goals in about 8 games. Then all of a sudden, I played NEC in a cup game last night and he was like a different player, banging in 2 goals and hitting the bar from about 30yards. I definitely agree with your comparisons with romario (his build and the way he runs etc).

...at last the 'special feeling' has returned! :BOP:

@jimmy - Cyriac is in the Liege squad, and although his stats are the worst of all my young strikers, because of reading his progress with you, I've opted to make him my main 'hitman'. To be honest he's been shocking, with no goals in about 8 games. Then all of a sudden, I played NEC in a cup game last night and he was like a different player, banging in 2 goals and hitting the bar from about 30yards. I definitely agree with your comparisons with romario (his build and the way he runs etc).

Stick with him mate, his stats absolutely fly up, like I said, he is now a full International for me and his stats in the important areas are all above 80. He is a confidence player though, and performs at his best on an Orange or Red condition arrow, he seems ok on a Green, but rarely performs on a Blue, and dont even play him on a Purple. His shooting from long range is very hit and miss, but around the box he seems to defy his stats.

I went on a 9 game unbeaten streak last night, 7 wins and 2 draws put sent me to the lofty heights of 4th place and a CL spot. :WOOT:

Then I lost 3 games in a row, with a 5-0 battering by Spurs :CONFUSE:

I'm really starting to believe in this Teamvison thing, the same tactics that put me on the brilliant run, were now simply not working at all. I was playing very loose, with alot of width and it was working beautifully with Lawerence providing alot of service from the flanks, he had 7 assists in that glorious run. The last 3 games I noticed the CPU was man-marking him on the right, and I struggled badly.

I also love the way the teams vary their playing style from defensive to attacking. I played a thriller against Liverpool, 3-3 at Anfield. I then played them at the Britannia and they were a completely different team. They rested alot of their big-guns and looked to sit back and hit me on the counter. The complete opposite to our game at Anfield, and alot of that was down to the players they put out, they simply werent that attacking in persona. The game replicated that.

I'm now in 7th place in March and trying desperately to hold on for the magical Europa spot.

I have signed a played called Herrerra ( I think thats how it's spelt) from Spain, he is 22. I swear to god he is the double of Fabregas. His touch is sublime, great feet, very composed on the ball and he has the Passer card and he very, very rarely makes a stray pass. All his balls are weighted beautifully and he is my perfect AMF. He is so elegant on the ball, and dictates play with ease. Definately one to watch. ;)

Edit - I sorted out my formation save issue after taking advice on here. It only saves if you do the formation, tactics, set-piece settings etc in the Clubhouse Gameplan.

Last edited:
Rodos News
- - - - - - - - - - -

Bochum 0 - Rodos 0

Rodos picked up a point after a hard fought match. The greek visitors found it hard to break down the Germans. Rodos missed a handful of chances and will be disappointed that they only managed to come away with 1 point from their visit.

Diagoras 1 - Rodos 0

The first meeting of the Rhodes rivals brought a win for Diagoras. Diagoras proved too strong for their bitter enemy and with only a few scares with some decent saves from their goalkeeper, however Diagoras did look the better team throughout and will be happy to continue their winning streak going.

Rodos 0 – Team ? (sorry forgot name – fake one, hehe….) 0

Rodos once again failed to score and picked up a disappointing 1 point at home. Rodos have found it very difficult to come up with goals in the season opening and once again the shot shy strikeforce failed to cash in on some good opportunities. (Have to admit I made a mess of the strips and was a bit hard to see the team’s clearly).

FC Wurdzeieak (sp? – fake team) 0 – Rodos 1

Goal shy Rodos managed to claim a valuable 3 points with a goal from tricky midfielder Julio Zeus. A nice 3 man move resulted in the greek youngster firing in a powerful shot from around 12 yards past the despairing goalkeeper. The win now helps Rodos keep in touch with the top of the league and find themselves in 4th place, however bitter rivals Diagoras find themselves on a maximum 18 points from the opening 6 games, whilst their rivals find themselves adrift by 7 points already.

New Players Acquired
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whilst Rodos had failed to boost the squad during the summer months, with the exception of Youth promotions in Castolo, Valeny and Espimas, the mid-season window has brought a little more success in the capture of Austrian winger/striker Mulingauni (sp?) for £638,000 and young Spanish wide player Popo for £224,000. Both will install a bit of much needed pace to the side and also boost the squad numbers and the greek side hope to develop the youngsters to be regular 1st team players. It’s also understood that they would like to further boost the squad with at least a right back. However money restrictions may curtail any hopes of major moves in the window.

---------------------

My Rodos team are doing okay, however we’re very poor in front of goal, only scored 4, only conceded 1 so that needs improving. However hopefully the January window will do my team the world of good, although it may only be 2 players at best.

FD

Ok got back from 4 weeks holiday from south america and jetlagged,but got PES2010 rightaway for the PS3:)
Thank god decent OF are also out.....not i started ML today but their are some changes wich i dont understand yet

So its not possible to play a custom. Divison 2(with some weak second grade clubs) then regulate to a first divison or prem league or serie
with Arsenal or AC milan?

btw you guys play with ML default players or original exebition player?

How many of you are seeing outrageous signings in the game. I wish we still had the option to choose the frequency at which players switch clubs. It is insane, i mean some move have its wow factor, some of them just leave you scratching your head. So far this are the moves i have seen in just two seasons;

Simao -- Chelsea
Rooney -- Chelsea
Pato -- Man Utd
Ronaldinho -- Man Utd
Buffon -- Juventus
D Bent -- Slavia Prague
Huntelaar -- Tottenham
Reina (GK) -- Juventus
Bojan---Real Madrid
Robinho -- Real Madrid
V.Valdes --- AZ Alkmaar
De Jong -- Liverpool
Cani -- Copenhagen
Maniche -- Bburn Rovers
M. Bastos -- Man Utd
Milito --- Tottenham
D. Stankovic -- Tottenham spurs
R. Carlos -- tottenham
Marcelo -- Tottenham spurs
O'shea --- Barcelona
Santa Cruz --Barcelona
Zapater -- Barcelona
Mutu -- Barcelona
Mikel Obi -- Ath Madrid
Quaresma -- Liverpool

Last edited:
How many of you are seeing outrageous signings in the game. I wish we still had the option to choose the frequency at which players switch clubs. It is insane, i mean some move have its wow factor, some of them just leave you scratching your head. So far this are the moves i have seen in just two seasons;

Simao -- Chelsea
Rooney -- Chelsea
Pato -- Man Utd
Ronaldinho -- Man Utd
Buffon -- Juventus
D Bent -- Slavia Prague
Huntelaar -- Tottenham
Reina (GK) -- Juventus
Bojan---Real Madrid
Robinho -- Real Madrid
V.Valdes --- AZ Alkmaar
De Jong -- Liverpool
Cani -- Copenhagen
Maniche -- Bburn Rovers
M. Bastos -- Man Utd
Milito --- Tottenham
D. Stankovic -- Tottenham spurs
R. Carlos -- tottenham
Marcelo -- Tottenham spurs
O'shea --- Barcelona
Santa Cruz --Barcelona
Zapater -- Barcelona
Mutu -- Barcelona
Mikel Obi -- Ath Madrid
Quaresma -- Liverpool

LMFAO This list is Hilarious! :SHOCK:

ive been seing that kind of transfer since 2008, and it certainly kills the relistic part of ML.

i hope in the future they implement a new loyalty feature, only for ML ;))

that would make the transfer more realistic

Finally............just had my very first penalty! They've got to sort this out for next year - one pen in tens of hours of gameplay - what a joke! Still yet to concede one though:?

Finally............just had my very first penalty! They've got to sort this out for next year - one pen in tens of hours of gameplay - what a joke! Still yet to concede one though:?

Hack one down with a late tackle like I did last night :LOL:

OK how can i start with Arsenal and play Divison 2 and regulate to prem league???
is this possible in PES2010???

Just finished my first season and strolled the league with Bolton on Regular difficulty, Anelka was top scorer and assists with something crazy like 50 goals and 48 assists!

Just started my second season and because the scout signs all the players I have only managed to bring in 3 players through the summer and lost loads (default ML players whose contracts I did not renew.) My squad was too small so I had to promote players from the youth squad. The scout takes ages sorting out deals and the majority dont come off any way!!!!

The most outrageous signing in my game has been Quaresma to Liverpool for £48million.

The most outrageous signing in my game has been Quaresma to Liverpool for £48million.

Hmmm what a coincidence.. Quaresma moved to Liverpool in my game as well. I hope you won't have Lampard to Inter and Rooney to Chelsea.

Anyways the most expensive in my game so far has been Pato to Man Utd for $72Million.

Hmmm what a coincidence.. Quaresma moved to Liverpool in my game as well. I hope you won't have Lampard to Inter and Rooney to Chelsea.

Anyways the most expensive in my game so far has been Pato to Man Utd for $72Million.

Yep Lampard went to Inter in my game too, my biggest transfer fee recieved is £11million for Michael Dawson to Lyon or Bordeaux.

Started a ML as Liverpool, didn't realise I'd left the difficulty on Normal and beat Arsenal 3-0, then Hull 6-0 was what gave it away thatI had the wrong level set :LOL:

Bumped it up to Professional, beating Sunderland 1-0, drawing 0-0 with Man City and beating Wigan (I think) 2-0. The CPU definately spends a LOT of time knocking it around their defence on Pro, and one of my goals came from the CPU knocking it back to their goalie, and the goalie decided he didn't want to control the ball and let it run into the net :ROLL:

Not too bad though. Bought a couple of young players for the future but the Liverpool squad is large enough that I didn't need to sign anyone so we'll see how the season goes.

PLEASE HELP...:CONFUSE:

What does the orange bar (experience points) for each player on the left side of the players' development page mean? and if a player has an empty bar what does that mean?

Thanks

Ronaldo - Chelsea
Drogba - Tottenham

My Signings as MAN UTD
Simao
Lampard
Wright Phillips
Lennon
V. Nistelrooy
Robben
Alan Smith
Richardson

This are all basic stuff that are always in the game. C'mon

explain pls:CONFUSE:
because it seems u can NOT play a custom made divison 2 with Arsenal and then regulate/promote to prem league.
How ever this is possible with teams that do NOT belong to a own league( like besiktas,csk, fc porto ect... )

I started ML with Arsenal.......but straight in Prem league.
Normaly you should play Divion 2 first THEN regulate to Prem. league right????

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP...:CONFUSE:

What does the orange bar (experience points) for each player on the left side of the players' development page mean? and if a player has an empty bar what does that mean?

Thanks

The empty bar means that he needs to gain more experience through playing games. The bar will go up even if he is on the bench. Nothing to worry about.

i noticed that lots of ppl here are playing ML with original club players,
to my knowlage ML is the best challenge to start with Castolo,Eximilez and co. This way you start from scratch with crappy players and a log budget,and sign talent youngsters and make it to the top.
Anyway thats how i play ML sinds ISS time:)

I just started a ML and I have some questions.

1. How can you take over from your scout in negotiations? When a scout ( level 2 ) opens negotiations I try to do them myself ( yes I have this enabled in the settings ) I only am able to cancel the negotiations. No way to do them myself...

2. What can you do with the youth team? As far as I can see I cannot train them. I only can transfer players to the first team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom