PES 2010 Masterleague

I've had my ups and downs in the Master League going into the second half of the season, I seem to be drawing a lot in the League, but doing better in the cups. I was so sure I would breeze through the Europa League group after two wins and a draw but a loss and a draw quickly changed that. My team, Ajax, was in a group with SC Heerenveen, S.C. Braga and Aberdeen, and I needed a win in the last game against Aberdeen, it was a fairly easy 2-0 win but the stress levels were high. I bought Hreidarsson from Portsmouth in the January window and then it was off to the Dutch cup, where I beat AZ 2-0. Soon after that I hit a streak of draws in the league which now has PSV 6 points in front. I beat Genoa in the Europa League and then it was the semi finals in the dutch cup. Against PSV. Started of awfully, with PSV scoring in the first minutes. I had set up a 3-5-2 formation but was getting nowhere. In halftime I changed to 4-4-2, partially to make a better position for my star man Bullard. He then took the equalizer, and frantic last minutes ensued.

I got a corner in injury time and since extra time feels very short in 10 minute games, I just put everyone up there, total attack. It was an absolute scramble in the box with almost every player on the pitch fightin for the same few square feet. I hardly saw what happened but hammered the shot button, the ball fell to Castolo who planted it in the net. Awesome feeling and I was in the final! which is a long way off still, now to get the league back on track and the Europa League, first leg in the 16 team finals against Shaktar Donetsk, Barely managed 1-1, they are insanely fast.

ARSENAL RECOVERS IN TIME TO WIN THE F.A CUP

Alot of questions have been asked about the mental toughness of this young Arsenal side after defeat in the Uefa Champs League and a league defeat to the hands of title rivals Chelsea. They have managed to lose three out of 5 games which have cut their lead at the top to just two points. The F.A Cup Finals presented them a chance to redeemed or prove to their fans,pundits and the worldwide audience of their big game potentials and title credentials and they did just that.

Liverpool came into the finals with a run of four wins and one loss which they suffered at the Emirates to the brilliance of Robin Van Persie, who continues to prove that the choice to offload Adebayor was the right call with 19 goals to lead the league in scoring.

Liverpool could smell blood in this case because they have been on a fine run and their fellow title rival have been on a rough patch, but that wasn't going to be the case in this finals as they rivals dug deep enough to score in just five mins into the game, with the goal coming from an unlikely source, Bacary Sagna.Who was released by Andrei "Assassin" Arshavin on a counter attack and he takes it beautifully. The goal happens to be the decider of this classic encounter as both teams continue to press for the second while Liverpool search for the Leveller which was never coming due to brilliant saves from Almunia and last minute tackles from Gallas.

With one Silverware in the bag now, can Arsenal maintain its two point lead at the summit and go all the way to win a double this term ? The answer to that question would be answered in the coming weeks and months.

We do know for sure that we are in for an entertaining title race here to finish line. Don't touch the dial people.

I've had my ups and downs in the Master League going into the second half of the season, I seem to be drawing a lot in the League, but doing better in the cups. I was so sure I would breeze through the Europa League group after two wins and a draw but a loss and a draw quickly changed that. My team, Ajax, was in a group with SC Heerenveen, S.C. Braga and Aberdeen, and I needed a win in the last game against Aberdeen, it was a fairly easy 2-0 win but the stress levels were high. I bought Hreidarsson from Portsmouth in the January window and then it was off to the Dutch cup, where I beat AZ 2-0. Soon after that I hit a streak of draws in the league which now has PSV 6 points in front. I beat Genoa in the Europa League and then it was the semi finals in the dutch cup. Against PSV. Started of awfully, with PSV scoring in the first minutes. I had set up a 3-5-2 formation but was getting nowhere. In halftime I changed to 4-4-2, partially to make a better position for my star man Bullard. He then took the equalizer, and frantic last minutes ensued.

I got a corner in injury time and since extra time feels very short in 10 minute games, I just put everyone up there, total attack. It was an absolute scramble in the box with almost every player on the pitch fightin for the same few square feet. I hardly saw what happened but hammered the shot button, the ball fell to Castolo who planted it in the net. Awesome feeling and I was in the final! which is a long way off still, now to get the league back on track and the Europa League, first leg in the 16 team finals against Shaktar Donetsk, Barely managed 1-1, they are insanely fast.

ARSENAL RECOVERS IN TIME TO WIN THE F.A CUP

Alot of questions have been asked about the mental toughness of this young Arsenal side after defeat in the Uefa Champs League and a league defeat to the hands of title rivals Chelsea. They have managed to lose three out of 5 games which have cut their lead at the top to just two points. The F.A Cup Finals presented them a chance to redeemed or prove to their fans,pundits and the worldwide audience of their big game potentials and title credentials and they did just that.

Liverpool came into the finals with a run of four wins and one loss which they suffered at the Emirates to the brilliance of Robin Van Persie, who continues to prove that the choice to offload Adebayor was the right call with 19 goals to lead the league in scoring.

Liverpool could smell blood in this case because they have been on a fine run and their fellow title rival have been on a rough patch, but that wasn't going to be the case in this finals as they rivals dug deep enough to score in just five mins into the game, with the goal coming from an unlikely source, Bacary Sagna.Who was released by Andrei "Assassin" Arshavin on a counter attack and he takes it beautifully. The goal happens to be the decider of this classic encounter as both teams continue to press for the second while Liverpool search for the Leveller which was never coming due to brilliant saves from Almunia and last minute tackles from Gallas.

With one Silverware in the bag now, can Arsenal maintain its two point lead at the summit and go all the way to win a double this term ? The answer to that question would be answered in the coming weeks and months.

We do know for sure that we are in for an entertaining title race here to finish line. Don't touch the dial people.

Both brilliant, and very well written chaps, bravo. :SAL:

And here is me thinking I'm the only one that gets fully immersed in the ML. Not likely. Keep them coming boys. ;)

ARSENAL STROLLS TO THE PREMIERSHIP TITLE

Arsenal f.c wins the championship in style by going on a run of five wins in five and a total of 15 goals scored and conceding just one goal enroute to the Premiership League title. Everyone were hoping it would go down to the wire but they opened up a 12 point lead that the last two games in the regular season didn't matter. The Manager was quoted as saying "Just when everyone were beginning to doubt whether we had enough left in the tank to go all the way we showed them what champions are made off". "I will take a day off to let this one sink in,I have been around great players and teams but to win with this young lads is very special". We don't think he has enough time to celebrate by the way because he has some major contract renewals coming up very soon and he would want to wrap up his star players as soon as possible.

With that said,We have come to the end of a very intriguing season with alot of classic matches for the history books,scintillating performances, emerging young stars. We saw R.Van Persie turn into a superstar right before eyes. Boy! did he have a breakout season.6 international caps, made both the epl and uefa best eleven, top scorer in the epl,top assist leader in the uefa champs league, 31 goals in 41 appearances in all competition and top it all by winning the best epl player for the season. I mean what a season !

Arsenal will have a busy off season trying to keep contenders and title rivals at bay,who will trying to price away their crown jewel. He had this to say for himself. "I will like to thank the Manager, my fellow players, the fans and my family for the support through the years". "Its been a special year and i am glad i got to celebrate and share the individual and team success with Arsenal F.C"."Hopefully we can repeat next season and i know it will be hard but we will do our best".

We also saw Van Der Sar bring an end to an illustrious career. He capped off his glorious career by also making the best 11 as well. What an outstanding goal keeper he has been over the years for both country and his club Manchester United. We wish him the best of luck outside the football. We hope to see him at some point in a managerial role or pundit

It has been our pleasure bringing you news as it happens to our viewers. Congratulations to English Premiership Champion Arsenal F.C. We will be back again next season until then roll in the beers and drive responsibly.

SEASON HONORS
EPL
CHAMPIONS--- ARSENAL F.C
F.A. CUP --- ARSENAL F.C
UEFA CHAMPS LEAGUE - ARSENAL,MAN UTD,CHELSEA
UEFA CHAMPS LEAGUE QUALIFYING - MAN CITY
EUROPA LEAGUE-- LIVERPOOL
RELEGATION-- BIR,WOLVES,BURNLEY

EPL MVP -- ROBIN VAN PERSIE 23(31)GOALS,6(11)ASSISTS,41 APP,6.8 ARS
EPL TOPGOAL SCORER --ROBIN VAN PERSIE 23 GOALS
EPL ASSIST LEADER --- WALCOTT 10 ASSISTS
EPL BEST ELEVEN---GK -Van Der Sar Man Utd,
LB-G Clichy Ars,CB-M.Richards Man City,CB-J.Carragher Liv,RB-B.Sagna Ars,
WB-M.Taylor Bol,AMF-Joe Cole Chel,DMF-P.Neville Eve,RMF-S.Pienaar Eve
CF-Van Persie Ars,WF-Walcott Ars.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS - CHELSEA
TOP SCORER - TORRES 10 GOALS (LIV)
ASSIST LEADER - VAN PERSIE 4 ASST (ARS)
UEFA MVP - BOSINGWA (CHEL)

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS -- AS ROMA
TOP SCORER - VILLA 11 GOALS (VAL)
ASSIST LEADER -FOGGIA 5 ASSIST (LAZIO)
EUROPA MVP - CASSETTI (ROMA)

AROUND EUROPE TITLE WINNERS

SERIE A - INTER MILAN
COPPA ITALIA - JUVENTUS
LIGUE 1 - OLY MARSIELLE
COUPE DE FRANCE - RC LENS
LA LIGA - REAL MADRID
COPA DEL REY - FC BARCELONA
EREDIVISIE - PSV
KNVB CUP - FEYENOORD

TOP SCORERS
SERIE A - ETO'O(INTER)- 20 GOALS
LIGUE 1- BAKARI KONE (MARS)- 16 GOALS
LA LIGA - VILLA (VAL) - 18 GOALS
EREDIVISIE - SIBON (HER) - 13 GOALS

ASSIST LEADERS
LIGUE 1 - E.CISSE (MARS) 9 ASST
SERIE A - ETO'O (INTER) 8 ASST
LA LIGA - XAVI (BAR) 7 ASST
EREDIVISIE - BEERENS (HER) 7ASST

EUROPEAN FOOTBALL OF THE YEAR - GIGI BUFFON (JUV)

Last edited:
Fellaz, i don't know if anyone has been paying attention. Players that don't play for any of the clubsides in the game. Players like Beckham,Ribery,Boulahrouz,Obafemi Martins, Lahm,Frings etc come in has ML Youth players with young ages of 17-20 so far and get signed by various clubs so you still stand a chance of signing them afterwards.

I know it might not be the most realistic option but sounds good to me though. So it looks like we might have to choose the highest level for youth team to stand a chance of landing one of them bright stars.

one silly question : is the 'trade player' option when negotiating gone?

i cant seem to find it anywhere :(

response is appreciated, thanks in advance

Didn't manage to sign anyone in the window, so I've got what I have until at least the mid-season window.

Managed to get past Herenveen 1-0 away from home in the cup, now face Dortmund. Managed a 0-0 draw to Olympiakos.

I'm sure my Rodos team will do well with what I got, but just need to stay away from suspensions or injuries to key players.

RE:- 1-vs-1's, yes I've scored a couple with players of average goalscoring ability.

FD

Frank, have you edited some players as Rhodos players or do you play with Espinas and co (if that is still possible).
I'm playing with Braga in Second division (with Portugese, Greek, Turkish, Roumanian, and former Yougoslavian teams) and La Liga as first division.
After 6 matches Braga is first and is in the third round of the Coppa del Rey...where they face....Barcelona.
In my last serious ML (PES6) Barcelona kept my Atalanta Bergamo team from possible silverware in the semi-finals of the "CL"...

I wasn't too thrilled with the two editions after PES6, but this year the ML is a joy to play (although the gameplay still is inferior to FIFA IMHO, but FIFA lacks something to hook me like PES did and will possibly do again this year...maybe i'm getting old).

PS: how is year daughter ? My youngest son is learning to read and write...and he scored four goals in his last match. But the biggest football talent and football freak in the family is my daughter...she's a big fan of Drogba, while Thomas' big idol is Eto'o...black is beautifull in our family.

PPS: sorry to be off-topic.

Last edited:
Both brilliant, and very well written chaps, bravo. :SAL:
And here is me thinking I'm the only one that gets fully immersed in the ML. Not likely. Keep them coming boys. ;)

Cheers :) and yes I am very immersed in the ML.

Latest news is I got a good win 2-1 against Shaktar to be drawn against Sporting Lisbon. Then it was time for a match against PSV, the top team. I was second then, 6 points behind, and needed a win to shorten the gap, 0-1 was the result, in my favour.

Just before the first game in the final eight of the Europa League was a match against VVV Venlo. I tried to rest some of my best men, also Salihamidic and Ekdal were tired after National games. So no Crouch, but Bullard was in there. I tried to make room for Burchet in the 4-4-2 formation by moving the right midfielder forward, this resulted in him being open a lot of the time but he couldn't convert his runs to any decent crosses. In about 28 minutes I conceded a goal and after that I was struggling, but I still didn't change the formation. About 70 minutes in I put Crouch in ther, hoping for a miracle. It was Bullard who provided the magic, however, 85 minutes he gets the ball on the left side of the midfield, runs diagonally towards the box, almost loses the ball but manages to regain control in the box, one step to the side and then buries it in the top of the goal! Awesome stuff. I pressure like crazy for the last minutes, all attack, and in overtime Crouch snatches the ball from the last defender, runs towards the goal and slots it past the keeper. Cue myself, jumping from my seat and pumping my fist into the air. So no embarrassing defeat against Venlo which were in 18th place!

Next up was Sporting. They didn't play fast ball like Shaktar but were very strong. On my home turf lost 1-2, which means I need to score two goals away in the second game and hope I don't concede.

edit: After losing to Sporting at home the fans were "hugely dissapointed". Those bastards have never been ecstatic over a win away from home!

Last edited:
Woohooo! Just won the D2 Cup and 1st place on the 2nd Division on Professional. Time to move up to the big boys now! I still haven't signed a single player yet, even though I have a level 3 scout. Not even N'Zgobia for example or Wijnadum :(. BTW, Overnoor = Overmans? :D He is a beast on this game.

Also, Bastos currently has a 91 rating. Maybe the best on the game so far :|

Last edited:
Everybody should do this!!!

Edit all the teams in the game to play more attacking football.

Go to:

Game Plan, then Assisted Settings, and then the Last slider and move it to no.4 (play more attacking or something like that it says).

Now start a Master League and set up your league whatever way you want.

I am loving it. I have only played 4 league games so far but my Cup Game against Boca Juniors was amazing. It went to extra time after they equalized with 5 mins to go to make it 3-3.

They actually went 6-3 up in extra time only for me to get a late consolation goal to make it a more respectable 6-4.

The attacking football they were playing was brilliant. Their players were playing some delicious one-two's along with step overs, feints and spins.

I consider myself to be quite good at PES and this is on Top Player starting with Celtic and their real players.

By moving these sliders it doesnt seem to affect their defending capabilities either because I am still finding it very hard to score goals. I signed off last night after beating Spartak Moscow 2-0 at home and believe me that score flattered me because my keeper, Artur Boruc, pulled off some great saves.

I am looking forward to January because I have tied up a deal to sign Roque Santa Cruz for 8.2 million. Cant believe I got him! Maybe moving my scout to a five star helped with the negotiations.

I really urge you all to edit these settings. Trust me it really does improve the game a lot. You will no longer get the computer AI passing the ball about relentlessly at the back and midfield. They really try to attack you and play some great football.

Probably the only thing that pisses me off, apart from not having a Championship OF for the PS3, is the fact none of my tactics, formations, save in my ML. Every game I have to change my line up, set piece settings, tactics, everything. I appreciate that I may want to change my tactics every game but the rest should be done if I save them. Silly.

Apart from that, this is THE most realistic simulation of football I have ever played, bar nothing. The first touch is the work of genius. I was watching the Liverpool match last night, and watching the players take the ball under control looked just like PES 2010. From great first touches, to bad ones, to decent ones etc etc, everyone differed, and it's such a huge implementation. Like I have said many times, the first touch is the basis of what sets pretty much everything up in football. Konami have nailed it.

PES 2010 - It's in the game. ;)

Edit -

A few more things that have made me smile -

The crowd singing 'R-i-c-a-r-d-o F-u-l-l-e-r, 'R-i-c-a-r-d-o F-u-l-l-e-r,' with the score at 0-0 against Aston Villa and 10 minutes to go. So I brought Fuller on, at the crowds request. He only scored the winner with two minutes to go :LOL: and the crowd sang his name again. Pure co-incidence, but class to behold.

Cyriac, my superstar striker was on a 4 game goal drought, so I thought I'd buy him a new set of football boots and kitted him out with a pair of blue Mercurials. He scored a his first hat-trick in his very next game against Spurs, we won 3-0. After the game Cyriac got called up for his first full national cap. Class.

Cyriac also now has 4 Player Cards. One of them was a waste of £1 million and 8 weeks though. I bought and trained him on 'Cross Over Turn'. I didnt realise that because he has over 80 dribbling accuracy, he could do that anyway. :CONFUSE: For the record, the 'Quick Turn' card is the better option because that doesnt come with the 80 dirbbling stat. Be warned.

Last edited:
Jimmy, you make the changes in Game Plan? cause I do that on my PS3 and it saves it.

Of course the set-piece tactics will automatically change (which i hate) when I change players in the pre-match tactics screen. Its like I know Rooney has the best cross when Giggs and Carrick aren't on, but I'd rather have him head the ball.

Probably the only thing that pisses me off, apart from not having a Championship OF for the PS3, is the fact none of my tactics, formations, save in my ML. Every game I have to change my line up, set piece settings, tactics, everything. I appreciate that I may want to change my tactics every game but the rest should be done if I save them. Silly.

i actually experienced the same thing too, i hate when i have to set everything before every match. tried the stock data, but didnt work. maybe im a just a noob ;))

I think at least some of it gets saved if you use the game plan under the ML menu, instead of the one just before the game.

I had hopes for a decent match in the second leg against Sporting. Instead, I had no chance. 2-0 down after 40 minutes, I now needed three goals. I set my formation and team style to be more attacking, and it was Sporting that capitalized. 4-0, dreadful game, first time I get completely slaughtered.

another wee question for you guys, on player growth when ya earn ur ablity points for playing a youngster or whatever does it make a diff if ya score goals,assists etc. or does this not matter and the upgrades are same regardless?
anyone any idea?
cheers...

Well to say my Master League is doing my head in is an under-statement. I love the back room, more managerial, type of stuff. I have no problems there! Its the gameplay that is really doing my head in.

I started out with Preston North End from "arsenal4life" patch, and i changed the stats of the players so that they were quite bad. The last thing I wanted to do was get promoted straight away, then win the Premiership the season after. I wanted to have crappy players, with no money and build my team slowly over 3 or 4 seasons, with no big signings. I got promoted FIRST season.......I thought to myself oh well, it will get tough in the premiership so I carried on.

I have now played 6 games in the premiership with 4 draws and 2 wins. The last two games where against Tottenham which was 0-0, and Manchester United which was 1-0 to Preston. Tottenham had 1 shot the whole game and in the Man Utd match I had 15 shots to their 3????????????? WTF is going on. I want them to shoot!!!
I have played this game online and I have to say im not very good against humans lol, Im crap at scoring, but come on, for these top teams to only have between 1-4 shots per ten minute game on top player is pathetic. The stats should have been the opposite way around. The only reason why I draw so much is because either myself, my players or both are not very good at scoring goals. This is the only thing I have an issue with on this game.
I dont want to draw or win all the time, I want to loose 3 and 4 nils against the big licks, and fight like hell to keep up!!!!!!

Well to say my Master League is doing my head in is an under-statement. I love the back room, more managerial, type of stuff. I have no problems there! Its the gameplay that is really doing my head in.

I started out with Preston North End from "arsenal4life" patch, and i changed the stats of the players so that they were quite bad. The last thing I wanted to do was get promoted straight away, then win the Premiership the season after. I wanted to have crappy players, with no money and build my team slowly over 3 or 4 seasons, with no big signings. I got promoted FIRST season.......I thought to myself oh well, it will get tough in the premiership so I carried on.

I have now played 6 games in the premiership with 4 draws and 2 wins. The last two games where against Tottenham which was 0-0, and Manchester United which was 1-0 to Preston. Tottenham had 1 shot the whole game and in the Man Utd match I had 15 shots to their 3????????????? WTF is going on. I want them to shoot!!!
I have played this game online and I have to say im not very good against humans lol, Im crap at scoring, but come on, for these top teams to only have between 1-4 shots per ten minute game on top player is pathetic. The stats should have been the opposite way around. The only reason why I draw so much is because either myself, my players or both are not very good at scoring goals. This is the only thing I have an issue with on this game.
I dont want to draw or win all the time, I want to loose 3 and 4 nils against the big licks, and fight like hell to keep up!!!!!!

hmm wow thats strange..i just restarted ml in top player after playin in professional; i am having a hard time breaking teams down, Man Utd just whooped me 3-1. I struggling in the league and just played PSG in champs league and barely got a draw 2-2.

So far i am losing home games and winning away games 1-0 strange aint it...

:SHOCK::SHOCK:PES2010 is fvcking awesome mates. Robin Van Persie just won the European footballer of the year award and they have the award presentation ceremony with Michel Platini handing him the trophy :BOP::BOP::BOP:

I AM SOLD ON THIS GAME WOW :WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

I have had the exact same problem - part of what makes masterleague so great is the struggle in the early days, and then buying that 1/2 players that start to turn draws into wins feels soooo much more satisfying.

For me it seems that the AI in ML is different to Exhibition. I play on Top Player and am currently in my second season with Liverpool having started with the defaults in D2. I still have 3 defaults who are regular starters and don't have anyone above 79 so hardly an all star team. In my most recent session last night I played Chelsea at home and thrashed them 3-0 with them barely getting out of their half and spending any time with the ball passing it around their backline even when 3-0 down with 20 mins to go.

I couldn't understand this as I had played a lot of Champions League mode before starting ML and the AI in that mode on Top Player had handed me my arse on a regular basis. This really annoyed me so I thought I would test the AI out. I loaded an exhibition game with Chelsea and my Masterleague team both set on all green arrows and the difference in the play was astonishing. Where previously Chelsea had been ponderous and, frankly, shit now they were like the real Chelsea and they gave me a right spanking with the game finishing 4-1 and me lucky to score.

Early impressions lead me to believe that there is an error with the logic which decides how teams are going to play against you in ML. Even at the very beginning of my ML career in D2 each scout report would say that teams were going to go 11 behind the ball when i was fielding a team of all defaults. I guess that the CPU was still claculating this based on the usual Liverpool FC lineup and not my defualt muppets. You can see evidence of this when you choose teams at the beginning of ML and when you select the defaults the "hexagon of stats" doesnt change to relfect your god awful players. This doesn't expalin why Chelsea would shut up shop but at least points to the fact that there is an issue with that particular bit of logic.

My plan now is to edit a crap team to become Liverpool and then start again in D2 and see if the AI takes a different approach based on my lesser reputation.

Please could someone do what I did and play one game in ML on Top Player and then recreate the same game again in Exhibiton and let me know your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom