PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

I have just played a full game on Broadcast Camera 1 and it looks absolutely stunning :WOOT:

I have never played on a different camera before as I'm a strict 'Wide' man and nothing else. But Jeez, I'm seriously thinking of ditching the 'Wide' cam if I can get my head around this one. The game feels so much smoother, the shooting feels like the penalties in regards to how you aim and look for the direction. Simply stunning.

If your like me and only play Wide Cam, give this little baby a run out for a game and see what you think. It seems so much more fluid and you can see everything thats going on, every trick, 1st touch, everything. WOW :WOOT:

Good morning :CONFUSE:

Just d/l the option file. Do i have to transfer (copy) all data files manually? there are like 150 files, it will take forever lol

Quick question, what does Auto Move mean in the BAL settings?

Played this a lot more today, maybe around ten games or more? And it's growing on me the more I play it.

I'm not seeing this individuality that PES is supposed to have over FIFA, I still believe FIFA has more individuality.

But the response times seem to disappear more with each game, and I'm starting to get used to players having to control the ball and turn with it.

Oh, and the passing is screwed up at times. If I point to a player at 2 o'clock, I don't want the game to pass to the player at 4 o'clock which it does quite a lot. Very frustrating.

I'm getting more used to the shooting as well, but still not managing to score much apart from knocking the ball down with a header and attempting a first-time shot from the knock-on.

It's a different game to FIFA, and right now I wouldn't class either as an arcade game, just different. Both are good in their own right and I'm glad I stuck with PES as I think I'll be giving it just as much playing time as I do with FIFA :)

It's engrossing mate. Try fiddling around with the sliders, and the player cards, and you'll start liking it even more.

It's engrossing mate. Try fiddling around with the sliders, and the player cards, and you'll start liking it even more.

I don't understand the player cards. It seems I can go to a player and it tells me they have special attributes like they can perform a trick or whatever. But there's ones that can be turned on and off, and I don't see the point in turning them off as they've got them on for a reason (it suits the game more).

The sliders are good though. I was getting beaten earlier by Bolton and they packed the centre of defence, so I stretched my attack out to play more on the wings and worked them that way. Good stuff :)

I'm not seeing this individuality that PES is supposed to have over FIFA, I still believe FIFA has more individuality.

Good you're liking it more, it certainly is a grower and with extended play it becomes awesome. Player individuality is one of the hallmarks of every PES. Stats are very apparent for me. Try an early cross/long pass/cross/corner with Beckham/Xavi/Veron etc. and you have much more precision and control over it. Agility, body balance, response, dribble accuracy and tonnes more are all present on the pitch.

Good you're liking it more, it certainly is a grower and with extended play it becomes awesome. Player individuality is one of the hallmarks of every PES. Stats are very apparent for me. Try an early cross/long pass/cross/corner with Beckham/Xavi/Veron etc. and you have much more precision and control over it. Agility, body balance, response, dribble accuracy and tonnes more are all present on the pitch.

Will do mate.

Got a question about ML. I went to my squad and it said :( smileys next to players like Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano with a note saying they're not happy at not having chances.

Not totally sure what that means, they'd played in all 3 of the ML games I'd played up to that point. Maybe it means chances created on the pitch or something?

Also had the same smileys with a note saying the player was badly in need of a rest as they were off form. Can I rest them for one game and that smiley disappears then?

Just had 3 hours on it, and im not happy at all, The graphics look amazing and the music is great...but thats it atm, The goal keepers are laughable, they hardly ever move from there line if theres a cross or long ball put in, The animation is awful, how hard can it be to motion capture somebody running, jesus christ i used to have a game on the megadrive called flashback that had better animation, I started BAL mode and im bored rigid, The A.I of your team mates is a joke, they ignore you most of the time when your in space or call for the ball, your defenders make basic mistakes all the time, when the Oppo gets the ball its like watching pinball, I feel ripped of tbh, im gonna keep playing but its on its way back to tesco's sharpish if it doesnt get better..grrr

Dunno about Master League, haven't played it for about 5 years since going online with PES 4! But I will do as the revamped new bits sound interesting.

Give it time Dazfeeder, and have a mess about with different formations and teamstyle sliders, tactics etc. Forget about the animations as feel the ball physics, player stats and more.

It's great, so much more fluid than even the we2010 demo, and the night floodlights are amazing. the lighting is great. it looks like a live mach, rather than one on tv

Essentially, when we were all waiting for pes 2008 (or some of us 6 on 360), this is what we thought it would be

Dunno about Master League, haven't played it for about 5 years since going online with PES 4! But I will do as the revamped new bits sound interesting.

Give it time Dazfeeder, and have a mess about with different formations and teamstyle sliders, tactics etc. Forget about the animations as feel the ball physics, player stats and more.

yeah i will mate, its just getting on my tits atm,

Just had 3 hours on it, and im not happy at all, The graphics look amazing and the music is great...but thats it atm, The goal keepers are laughable, they hardly ever move from there line if theres a cross or long ball put in, The animation is awful, how hard can it be to motion capture somebody running, jesus christ i used to have a game on the megadrive called flashback that had better animation, I started BAL mode and im bored rigid, The A.I of your team mates is a joke, they ignore you most of the time when your in space or call for the ball, your defenders make basic mistakes all the time, when the Oppo gets the ball its like watching pinball, I feel ripped of tbh, im gonna keep playing but its on its way back to tesco's sharpish if it doesnt get better..grrr

I suggest you try ML, it's my favourite mode at the moment as playing with a top team in CL for instance is too fast for my liking.

I don't understand the player cards. It seems I can go to a player and it tells me they have special attributes like they can perform a trick or whatever. But there's ones that can be turned on and off, and I don't see the point in turning them off as they've got them on for a reason (it suits the game more).

The sliders are good though. I was getting beaten earlier by Bolton and they packed the centre of defence, so I stretched my attack out to play more on the wings and worked them that way. Good stuff :)

Just seems a way to force players not to play their natural game in certain situations. Like I give Gerrard the free roam whenever he's playing AMF, but when he's at CMF, I like playing more disciplined, and turn it off. With Agger as well, I turn the 'extra attacker' off when I'm protecting a lead. I'll also add that Torres' two cards are kinda contradictory, and it works much well when only one of them is switched on.

With this new ML and the online community mode, I imagined if we can have ML added to the online community mode for pes 2011. We have leagues in there already, so it would be so cool if we can trade players and such.

Dazfeeder, i've been playing BAl quite a lot and my player isn't ignored by it's team mates. Maybe you should get used to it. I played BAL in PES2009 and that wasn't exactly a success, but afterwards i played it a lot on PSP and now i notice that it took me only a couple of weeks to get a chance on the bench and i scored twice in my first match (attacking midfielder) and i'm a regular starter after 5 or 6 games...i really like it.

Well ive been playing this since friday morning.

Its better than the atrocious demo thankfully and playable. Its no Fifa beater and in fact it makes me laugh wehn i hear people screaming at Fifas faults when you consider the massive CHEATING that goes on with the a.i.

Ive started a league with Inter and im struggling. Im struggling in the main because my players cant seem to run and even after tweaking my tactics they dont make incisive runs or support each other which is frustrating because the cpu does. Lots of dodgy tackles on me too that should be FK's.

BUt the graphics are lovely, the stadiums are great and there is a decent game in there. What lets it down is the stiff animation, its like theres one or two animations missing to make the transitions, the fake shot move well i dunno whats going on there they tend to wiggle there bottom.

You also need to ramp up some goalie stats so they dont let in soft goals.

So yeah a playable alternative but nowhere near as fluid and realistic as Fifa, i think some of you have been going overboard with this.

I agree with the guy above - and also, im still having big problems with the online - for starters, if you go to quick match - is there any way to avoid players with bad (red) connections?? It just seems to force you into the game anyway :S

Ive played 5 games online this morning, none of which finished due to players disconnecting on me when ive been winnning..

For me the Graphics arent that good, the faces are grainy, the colour pallet is still too colourful, and the haze on the pitch on wide cam is pathetic - its ok having them look good when the game isnt moving, but the animations are so poor its crazy.

I really believe a complete overhaul is required to make this game compete against fifa. EA took the hit when they completely changed the engine, so should konami.

Maybe a change in direction, get shut of seabass; IMO pes2010 is nothing but another way of polishing a tired old engine, that is showing its cracks

Last edited:
I'm playing on Professional so maybe that's the problem, but in my Master League, almost all teams I face play exactly the same way: Move the ball around their defensive line, up to the defensive midfielder, then back to the defenders. This can go on for a long, LONG time without me being able to intercept or do much anything since they're just kicking the ball around their own half. This happens regardless of the score.

I'm playing on Professional so maybe that's the problem, but in my Master League, almost all teams I face play exactly the same way: Move the ball around their defensive line, up to the defensive midfielder, then back to the defenders. This can go on for a long, LONG time without me being able to intercept or do much anything since they're just kicking the ball around their own half. This happens regardless of the score.

I'm experiencing that as well, Pro level here too.

Yeah, its quite annoying. You cant really get the Ball there no matter what you do and im playing on Topplayer, the CPU does it here aswell. Quite unrealstic, played Hull yesterday and they had like 180 Passes while i had 110 (10 Min Match). I still won the Match cause the CPU is just horrible at Attacking. :(

what a crap game the response time is so slow the player are slow damn!!!! konami screws big time they ruined the game

Heh, that's so similiar with the criticizing to PES 5 i've seen back in time, when the game was slower (including players reactions) and more tactical, many people hated it. Well I loved PES 5 and hated PES 6, and I love PES 2010. It's a pattern.

I have a question, do you have to get raped - I mean literally, do they have to pin one of your players to the ground, whip their fella out and sodomise him in-front of the TV cameras while they scream like a bitch - to get a free-kick?

I know in one of the recent PES games the referee blew every time it detected a fart with that free fart-detecting add-on you got with the game, but this is even worse!

I've saved a few replays that made me want to smash the pad, in-particular where two players murder Torres at once in the penalty box, destroying him, missing the ball by a country mile, taking him out on his standing leg, and the game carries on.

I hope they patch the referees at some point!!

Off the pitch I have to admit, bar having a real English/French/Dutch/Spanish/Italian lower league in the ML, it's perfect. The whole CL/EL integration in the Master League, the training options you've got, the masses of Europa League teams I've never heard of, even the headlines you get... Very, very good. Same for the atmosphere, bar the "Riverpoooo... Riverpoooo..." crowd and slightly dodgy commentary (why they have copied FIFA's awful idea of shouting the same bit of nonsense after a certain player's name all the time, e.g. "Wright-Philips, BUNDLE OF ENERGY!", I don't know), the CL stuff is great. All the matches at the proper time, all the proper presentation... PES and FIFA have swapped roles for me, FIFA used to be great off the pitch and PES was a horrible boring monotonous experience off the pitch, and now it's the other way around.

Last edited:
First impressions after a day or 2 of playing...

Overall it's good.

Graphically it's brilliant and the presentation of the Champions League is bang on. From the Menu's right through to the match day experience. For the first time in a video game i actually feel like i am playing in a proper European Match. Konami have nailed this aspect of the game.

The next big positive for me is the one on one finishing. It's so satisfying sliding the ball under the keepers legs or gently guiding it past him slipping it inside the post. The net reactions are over the top but very good and the GK animations for one on one finishing is also very good. This satisfaction from scoring these types of goals is something that Fifa has always lacked for me...

Let's move on to the negatives...

The GK's. Other than what i have stated above, they are a joke. Standing behind the line at time, no command of the area whatsoever. In fact they remind me of an outfield player playing in net with no gloves on. They seems scared of the ball, or the nets are too big for them. Either way it needs improving. The GK animations (again apart from what i mentioned earlier) seriously need working on. Add to the fact that they don't seem capable of catching anything. It's bad news and needs fixing.

Passing. Again this is something that has gone backwards on the next gen consoles. There seems to be a slight delay which for the most part doesn't matter, but there are times where space is limited and it becomes a problem. I also have a problem with a lot of passes going to the wrong player - as do a lot of other people.

Clumsiness. There still seems to be a clumsiness/jerkiness to the game which is stopping it from becoming a great game. This may be a maixture of poor animations plus delayed response times but it's spoiling the game. i've had a couple of brilliant matches where everything has come together so i know there is a great game in there. I just think Konami need to fix these minor issues and then can sit back and rejoice in the fact that they are back. Big time.

Back
Top Bottom