PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Jimmy what's it like playing with the slow but excellent dribblers like Deco and Riquelme? I found they were a little week in previous PES as a result of their lack of pace. Also stop stirring shit and leave Fifa quips out of it mate.

Jimmy what's it like playing with the slow but excellent dribblers like Deco and Riquelme? I found they were a little week in previous PES as a result of their lack of pace. Also stop stirring shit and leave Fifa quips out of it mate.

Done.Removed. Sorry, guess I was just trying to highlight the differences, but in turn looked a dick. :COAT:

Anyway, back to your question.....

They play a huge part now mate, due to their technique. They can take the ball dead, and also have a few cheeky subtle feints/tricks that can buy them the extra yard. This game has nothing to do anymore with players pace, but more, and quite rightly so, overall technique. Their passing and vision is also exceptional. This year I have found that the success rate of the through pass mimics true life. The better players in this area can ping perfectly weighted through-balls with the tap of the button, where as lesser players, defenders and even some good strikers will struggle with weight of the pass and the accuracy.

You really need to utilise every players strengths, and be very aware of their weaknesses. I'm gob-smacked at some of the individual moments of brilliance I've witnessed so far. Rooney took me through to the knockout stages of the CL last night in a masterful performance at Old Trafford. He was like a bull, impossible to shake off the ball, but yet showed some moments of genius and incredible finesse to score two fantastic goals to seal the tie 2-0.

I love the pace of this game, it's perfect. It's a million miles away from the fast paced fun based game of 2009. This is PES 5 all over again, but better in my opinion. It's a real simulation and like I have said the balance between attack and defence is nothing short of perfect. You really feel every second of the 90 minutes. You get nothing easy, and you have to earn every created chance, or goal. I have had games ending 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 for the most part. Very realistic in this way. I'd have been beating the same teams on Professional 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 in PES 2009. This is something completely different. I'm fully immersed in the game, and constantly learning as I go along, especially in the tactical area of this game.

Last edited:
somebody should remove that pic, it's very insulting disabled people.

btw, konami cup and international leagues are gone??????

They are there. I changed their names in edit mode too.

EDIT: I'd like to add that community in online is amazing. You have all the same options for the general lobby under community as well. You can play friendlies and tournaments/leagues in there as well, which means, no need for the general lobby for me :) If we have a decent number of dudes in the online community from here then it should be so much fun!

Last edited:
Had a good few hours last night on this and the first thing that struck me was how good the pitch and ground looked, after that it was how arcade like the players looked and moved. They did look nice close up and on replays but that crabby style and animations jarred.

Again I'm coming from a PES to FIFA convert side here so I know from that it took a month or more of constant play to get used to the switch so I did not expect to drop back instantly into PES mode.

After a few more games I found my first euphoria of being able to almost ping shots off at will with pace and almost arrow like accuracy wearing off quickly, I find it far too easy to get the space to shoot and too easy to hit great shots.

I also found the AI a little dumb and far too generous I hit a sweet spot quite often when doing a diagonal run where it seemed no one would tackle you, not sure what level I was playing on so I'll do some more experimenting tonight when I have patched it and set up an ML.

As for first thoughts , well it's not FIFA and that we all knew, I can't say its how I remember WE8 and the rest either, I find it a bit fast but that's coming from FIFA which I found treacle like coming the other way.

There were some nice little touches in there some of the shots looked great, the passing was nice and some of the though balls looked fantastic, from the fifteen or so games I did find it a little easy, though again I admit apart from picking the second highest level at the start I've no Idea what the settings were and I only played single games so plenty still to go through this weekend.

I will hand on heart give it a fair chance I'm also looking forward to the ML even with the structure issues I have with it and getting to grips with the card system...

Forgot the usual, farrr better than 2008 and better than 2009, goes without saying...

Last edited:
My first impressions...oh dear it seems to me now that the game plays better on regular (pace wise) i started off on pro level but the AI players are sprinting to disposess you and because your forced to make quick passes the ping pong effect is more obvious.And as for online the lag was a joke (although i couldnt find a player who didnt have a red connection) after 3 matches i couldnt take anymore.will try later hopefully it will be better but i am not holding my breath.Also online matches seemed to be locked on regular setting and therefore i couldnt set my cursor to unassisted.:RANT:

Done.Removed. Sorry, guess I was just trying to highlight the differences, but in turn looked a dick. :COAT:

Anyway, back to your question.....

They play a huge part now mate, due to their technique. They can take the ball dead, and also have a few cheeky subtle feints/tricks that can buy them the extra yard. This game has nothing to do anymore with players pace, but more, and quite rightly so, overall technique. Their passing and vision is also exceptional. This year I have found that the success rate of the through pass mimics true life. The better players in this area can ping perfectly weighted through-balls with the tap of the button, where as lesser players, defenders and even some good strikers will struggle with weight of the pass and the accuracy.

You really need to utilise every players strengths, and be very aware of their weaknesses. I'm gob-smacked at some of the individual moments of brilliance I've witnessed so far. Rooney took me through to the knockout stages of the CL last night in a masterful performance at Old Trafford. He was like a bull, impossible to shake off the ball, but yet showed some moments of genius and incredible finesse to score two fantastic goals to seal the tie 2-0.

I love the pace of this game, it's perfect. It's a million miles away from the fast paced fun based game of 2009. This is PES 5 all over again, but better in my opinion. It's a real simulation and like I have said the balance between attack and defence is nothing short of perfect. You really feel every second of the 90 minutes. You get nothing easy, and you have to earn every created chance, or goal. I have had games ending 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 for the most part. Very realistic in this way. I'd have been beating the same teams on Professional 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 in PES 2009. This is something completely different. I'm fully immersed in the game, and constantly learning as I go along, especially in the tactical area of this game.

is professional harder than top player? I've just beat AC Milan 5-1 at their home with Juventus in the 1st leg UCL quarter, the demo was harder than this final version :CONF::DOH:

however I agree, this is THE most balanced PES/WE ever in term of how it accomodate attacking and defending, players have total freedom on how he could play from super cattenaccio to ultra total football.

aside fro that, however, I have several things I dislike :
- the cards system should be replaced with another sliders system, because as I believe, any footballers could attempt to play with free roaming, or to become an anchor man etc...these are (IMO) roles that could have been instructed by their manager unlike inborn talents.
- wtf with the referee and foul systems?

Anyone else noticed more variations on the headers compared to the demo? :)

The only major flaw I find in the gameplay currently is the analog passing which is only useful for passing in 4 directions and the sometimes over-the-top quick passing speed.(for short passes)

My first impressions...oh dear it seems to me now that the game plays better on regular (pace wise) i started off on pro level but the AI players are sprinting to disposess you and because your forced to make quick passes the ping pong effect is more obvious.And as for online the lag was a joke (although i couldnt find a player who didnt have a red connection) after 3 matches i couldnt take anymore.will try later hopefully it will be better but i am not holding my breath.Also online matches seemed to be locked on regular setting and therefore i couldnt set my cursor to unassisted.:RANT:

Are you on a fast connection? Also are you playing people from the same country/region?

okay, wtf with the AI fielding bojan, keita, gudjohnssen etc when I met barca in the quarter final?

is this a bug?

i really do rate this game

like someone mentioned earlier the game has a few issues but nothing that spoils my enjoyment

played some great games online so far, won quite a few aswell....GET IN!!

What options are available for fixing kits, badges, player and club names for the 360 version? I know we can't swap option files so I guess it's a case of manually editing everything?

What options are available for fixing kits, badges, player and club names for the 360 version? I know we can't swap option files so I guess it's a case of manually editing everything?

PESfan are releasing an option file very soon for the 360 with all kits done, emblems, transfers, and Championship teams ( ideal for the ML and 2 divisions) . You need a data cable (£5) and a memory card to transfer to your option file.

Edge magazine scored PES 2010 7/10 if anyone is interested.

GamesTM scored it 6/10.

Last edited:
Are you on a fast connection? Also are you playing people from the same country/region?

TBH Lami i couldnt get on the english server as it was full so just tried the quick game option played someone from italy(game disconnected due to bad lag) managed to play a full game on my third attempt against someone from bulgaria i lost 2-1 i cant believe i managed to score because the lag was that bad,i just could not keep possesion.also my connection is fine (even with 2009 it was mainly ok)
I should really judge it when i find someone not on a red connection to be fair.:))

I had a little go on this yesterday at a mates house, it's not a bad game, i'd say it's nearly back up to the level of PS2 PES but I wouldn't pay £30+ for something which doesn't beat it's predecessors and/or isn't that much different from them.

I can see why some people would like it though, and I may pick it up pre-owned at some point.

He fits the PES6 fan profile perfectly. Immature and arcade fanatic!

I have to object there mr. Urban. I'm a pes6ban myself (although i'm liking 2010 more and more) am 40 yrs old and by no means immature.

Actually, your comment reeks of immaturity.

I have to object there mr. Urban. I'm a pes6ban myself (although i'm liking 2010 more and more) am 40 yrs old and by no means immature.

Actually, your comment reeks of immaturity.

Why don't you remeber being in the lobbys there and playing PES6 with people posting their insulting more often than not racist comments after they had scored!

I'd like to add that community in online is amazing. You have all the same options for the general lobby under community as well. You can play friendlies and tournaments/leagues in there as well, which means, no need for the general lobby for me :) If we have a decent number of dudes in the online community from here then it should be so much fun!

You talking about Tobi's Evo-Web one?

Hopefully we get a bunch of guys signed up like you say. All with the same ethos:PIRATE:

Why don't you remeber being in the lobbys there and playing PES6 with people posting their insulting more often than not racist comments after they had scored!

I do remember that, and absolutely hated it. But that doesnt mean that all pes6 fans are the same.

And besides that, do you think only mature ppl are going to play 2010 online?

I do remember that, and absolutely hated it. But that doesnt mean that all pes6 fans are the same.

And besides that, do you think only mature ppl are going to play 2010 online?

That's the beauty of community mode.;)

Edge magazine scored PES 2010 7/10 if anyone is interested.

GamesTM scored it 6/10.

I think 6,5 or 7 are about right for the Xbox 360 version.

I got the game for my Xbox 360 and play on HD on my 42 inch plasma and while graphically its an improvement im disappointed again this year. The cameras are either too far away or to close at present i play with the broadcast one. The game play doesn’t feel fluid and the players still look like chickens when they run, The direction movements are still like 8 way or whatever they have been for years while Fifa 10 has 360% movement.I hate the new penalty system and your players can now have both legs broken and you wont get a free kick.

I’ve always been a huge PES fan in fact I’ve owned them all right back to ISS pro on the Playstation for me PES 6 was the best ever and this version is nowhere near as good and sadly i have to say that Fifa is vastly superior in almost every area.

just had my copy this afternoon, im on PC btw, and installed it ASAP.

The very first impression was the game speed, its somehow faster than the demo.
not quite bugging me, but i guess its only a matter of time before i get used to it. Just like how i got used to the demo game speed after playing for two to three days. I prefer the demo speed tho ;))

my first game was inter vs barca on top player, which i dominated. dont know If im the only one feeling this, but the AI seem to be a lot better in the demo. I struggled to score many in the demo, but somehow i managed to score six in my first game. The match itself ended 6-1 for me. It might be easier to score, but i found each and every goal very rewarding.

The thru pass glitch from the demo is fixed, making it one of the most beautiful thing in the game

after the using strong team in the first match, i feel like i should try how the game would feel if i pick a weaker team against bigger teams. And so my pick goes to hull city against liverpool. Even though i still scrape a narrow 3-2 win, the AI had more chance than i did, and the torres was always a threat whenever he touches he ball. It really felt great when you can come up with a narrow win over a much stronger opposition. Just like in real life.

Well ive only played these two games so far, spent the rest of my playing time in the edit mode(which is great) and i can say this without any doubt: the best next gen PES to date, leaving 08 and 09 far far behind.
The next thing i would love to do is having my mates coming to my place and set up a tournament to see how good the game actually is when playing a player vs player match.

And btw, no stupid goalkeepings and refereeing yet up til my second game, are those still in the game?

cheers

I have just played a full game on Broadcast Camera 1 and it looks absolutely stunning :WOOT:

I have never played on a different camera before as I'm a strict 'Wide' man and nothing else. But Jeez, I'm seriously thinking of ditching the 'Wide' cam if I can get my head around this one. The game feels so much smoother, the shooting feels like the penalties in regards to how you aim and look for the direction. Simply stunning.

If your like me and only play Wide Cam, give this little baby a run out for a game and see what you think. It seems so much more fluid and you can see everything thats going on, every trick, 1st touch, everything. WOW :WOOT:

the angle is too low for me, should be higher

i maybe change to normal wide instead of playing wide year for year :P

Back
Top Bottom