PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

There is a 64 track limit to the KONAMI_PES playlist on the PS3 and the custom chants for the teams in the game have to be in that playlist (according to someone on another forum). Crazy decision by Konami.

I thought we were having 10 chants per team? And why are they mixing chants and music library int he same pot? That is pretty shit tbh.

EDIT: Ok it is 8 chants per team but that still doesn't change the fact we're limited to 64 slots which means if 8 teams use all 8 chants then we're limited to 8 teams only with chants and no custom tracklist?

Last edited:
known bug i'm afraid, you can save the formation but not the sliders or starting 11 or strategy ie formation A,B etc

actually offline you can save the strategy (which for me is important as it's the only way to change slider combo mid game - formation A,B) but when you go online all formation changes are lost

well and truly bugged out but according to pesfan the guys at the european pesrankings finals spotted this and told the Konami crew on the ground so fingers crossed they're on the case

definitely agree, no idea why they would take it out

can you please give me the way to change the sliders mid game?

im used to pressing say r2 and triangle for say offside or pressing

You guys really need some training with it IMO.
What don't you like exactly about penalties?

I must admit, I totally agree.

I spent 10 minutes learning this and the penalties are very clever. It's the firt time ever I have liked penalties in a PES game. It is totally manual, and you can find any part of the net if you get it right. I imagine there is an invisible power bar for both the power which equals height, and the direction for which I use the pad.

Slight tap at the beginning will keep it low, 1/4 second a bit higher, 1/2 second higher again and so on. Once you have chose your power and the player starts to run up it then you choose how much direction. Quick tap and it goes very slightly left of centre, 1/2 second tap a little more and so on. When you go for the corners, you really know, once you have practiced, how close your going to be.

It's brilliant and I have always been a huge fan of Fifa's system. But there is an argument that says when you stop the bar in the right spot, top end of the bar, you know you have found the corner even on the run up. On this system, like a real penalty, you only know the outcome after the ball has been struck.

It's awesome, fully manual and it also takes the players ststs into account.

People who dont get it really need to practice it until you have the feeling and understand the concept. It's really good, and takes skill and judgement. There is no better feeling when you go for the top corner and think you may have over hit either 'invisible' bar only to see it crash in off the underside of the angle.

Last edited:
It doesn't feel natural. Fifa's penalty system is fully analogue yet so simple.

I didn't feel the same on Fifa even if better than old PES penalties.
The new PES penalty system is full analog and allow you to shoot freely your penalties.
This is the system I always hoped to have in PES, very close to what we had in old games like Kick off/Sensible Soccer.

I admit that maybe penalty system is one of my favourite on the whole game, I'd like to have passing and shooting system working like the penalty system as this is the most human controlled part of the game...

Last edited:
I have practised the penalties in training. While hating them at first i really enjoy them now i have got it. The trick is not to keep pushing up at the angles for a top corner etc but a mere direction push. That seems to be working for me

Has anyone played with Italy yet?

For some reason Gilardino/Toni are constantly dropping into midfield, how can I get the lone striker to stay upfront? I've tweaked the tactics/cards but its not making a big enough difference.

EDIT: I think its being caused by the Attack Level Card that they both have, its strange that Konami gave them that card, I'm going to remove it in the edit mode.

Last edited:
I must admit, I totally agree.

I spent 10 minutes learning this and the penalties are very clever. It's the firt time ever I have liked penalties in a PES game. It is totally manual, and you can find any part of the net if you get it right. I imagine there is an invisible power bar for both the power which equals height, and the direction for which I use the pad.

Slight tap at the beginning will keep it low, 1/4 second a bit higher, 1/2 second higher again and so on. Once you have chose your power and the player starts to run up it then you choose how much direction. Quick tap and it goes very slightly left of centre, 1/2 second tap a little more and so on. When you go for the corners, you really know, once you have practiced, how close your going to be.

It's brilliant and I have always been a huge fan of Fifa's system. But there is an argument that says when you stop the bar in the right spot, top end of the bar, you know you have found the corner even on the run up. On this system, like a real penalty, you only know the outcome after the ball has been struck.

It's awesome, fully manual and it also takes the players ststs into account.

People who dont get it really need to practice it until you have the feeling and understand the concept. It's really good, and takes skill and judgement. There is no better feeling when you go for the top corner and think you may have over hit either 'invisible' bar only to see it crash in off the underside of the angle.

I've read a lot of your long winded posts. You could make shit appear to be rose petals. I love how you take something negative about the game and turn into in an essay of positivity. It makes me fire up PES :LOL:

I've read a lot of your long winded posts. You could make shit appear to be rose petals. I love how you take something negative about the game and turn into in an essay of positivity. It makes me fire up PES :LOL:

It's only a negative if you cant do it pal. Learn.

I have always stated I hate penalties on PES. I really like them now. If it's shit I'll say it's shit.

Last edited:
I have practised the penalties in training. While hating them at first i really enjoy them now i have got it. The trick is not to keep pushing up at the angles for a top corner etc but a mere direction push. That seems to be working for me

Very happy to see some of you are getting into the thing.

This game looks like it needs to be loved slowly, step by step...

Very happy to see some of you getting into the thing.

This game looks like it needs to be loved slowly, step by step...

Could not agree more. It's night and day compared to PES2009. I love how it's slowed down and the sliders really do make a difference when faced against a "bigger" team.

This game is all about tactics:APPLAUD:

It's only a negative if you cant do it pal. Learn.

I have always stated I hate penalties on PES. I really like them now. If it's shit I'll say it's shit.

We aren't pals and what makes you think I cant do it? Learn? :LOL: I just can't get past half time now without turning the game off. It's far too rigid. If they fixed the lob pass button and give it some variation then I would enjoy it a lot more. I wish the player positioning and AI was in FIFA then I would have the perfect match.

Why is Iquanta not in the Italian Squad?

lol where did u get that figure from? Is this football all around the world we are talking about here?

Experience....might be a bit lower, but generally it has to be around 75-85%. But if anyone has real data, please do report them.

game is too angular, stiff, linear, (f)rigid and a bit animic if you ask me.

I really don't get why they did not use pes5/6 as the main code for the next gen games. I mean it feels like they have completely forgot the decade of great programming and started from scratch withy little idea about what to do.

But I wont have him in the team online or will I?

Actually don't know.

I really don't get why they did not use pes5/6 as the main code for the next gen games. I mean it feels like they have completely forgot the decade of great programming and started from scratch withy little idea about what to do.

I agree with you on this. I can't realize why to do all this extra work to refine a new engine when the old one was so good.
Maybe next year the new engine will be as good as the old one in terms of overall quality but too much work to achieve it.

I couldnt possibly agree anymore. Great post in my opinion.

PES 2010 for me is the best yet, no question. If you put this game side by side against anything we have had in the past, I really dont see how it can be beaten.

I'm of the same opinion. I think they've nailed it too, it's the best I've played yet. For me it's way out on top, especially as you said in terms of ball physics, balance, tactical play, graphics, player likenesses; that's without even mentioning the player individuality,revamped Master League and improved online.

It really needs extended play to be appreciated, just like PES 5 did.

absolutely love the new penalty system after a decade or so sticking with the old one.

the only bad thing about the penalty is when it happens in a match, you dont get the vertical view of it (not sure if this is fixed in the retail version, it annoys the hell out of me in the demo)

PES 2010 is much better than PES 2009, however its not classic PES 4,5 or 6 yet.
One Question where has international league gone?
Can you unlock it?

absolutely love the new penalty system after a decade or so sticking with the old one.

the only bad thing about the penalty is when it happens in a match, you dont get the vertical view of it (not sure if this is fixed in the retail version, it annoys the hell out of me in the demo)

I want to know this as well. Am having the same problem with penalties in game. No behind the shooter view. I'm currently playing the "offline" version while awaiting the good/bad news about the online part.

Do you guys who have the "online" version have the same thing?

I started League with Hull City.Level top player.
I have to say it's very very hard to score, the midfield battle is very well represented and the players get tired very fast.
I'm actually enjoying this, I've been screaming like a child when scoring

Been playing for a few hours now.

First impression is that i enjoyed the demo more i think, the response issue is still there, no matter what anyone says.

Passing is poor, as a PES fan its sad to say FIFA's passing is better, the shooting is ok, still can't shoot on the turn. so often going down the left wing I wanna cut in and curl a shot, but it's just not possible.

Players on my team just don't make smart runs, find some space, run forward, very frustrating.

Graphics are brilliant, commentary is rubbish.

I like the new pens, still trying to get used to them.

Overall I'll give it 7/10 too many frustrating things in the gameplay, I want to love it, but the gameplay just isn't there.

Just played another 2 games.
Again i noticed some flagrant fouls made against me without the ref whistling. I stopped and looked at the replay from various angles.
In some cases it was so bad that there was even some clipping (if that is the correct word. Both opponents legs when through my player......but no whistle.

I have no fraps or anything and wouldn't know how to upload a clip to youtube, but i'm really curious to know if you guys noticed this as well

Just played another 2 games.
Again i noticed some flagrant fouls made against me without the ref whistling. I stopped and looked at the replay from various angles.
In some cases it was so bad that there was even some clipping (if that is the correct word. Both opponents legs when through my player......but no whistle.

I have no fraps or anything and wouldn't know how to upload a clip to youtube, but i'm really curious to know if you guys noticed this as well
To be honest, the Referees are horrible this Year. Have they been sending off Players the last Years for nothing theyre not giving you Freekicks at all now when the AI clearly rams you down from behind which is a Joke.

Back
Top Bottom