PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

To be honest, the Referees are horrible this Year. Have they been sending off Players the last Years for nothing theyre not giving you Freekicks at all now when the AI clearly rams you down from behind which is a Joke.

completely agree
its not nice to see ai tackling u hard while your running, the ball keeps rolling UNTOUCHED until it goes out, and ai gets even the free kick. :(

Been playing for a few hours now.

First impression is that i enjoyed the demo more i think, the response issue is still there, no matter what anyone says.

Passing is poor, as a PES fan its sad to say FIFA's passing is better, the shooting is ok, still can't shoot on the turn. so often going down the left wing I wanna cut in and curl a shot, but it's just not possible.

Players on my team just don't make smart runs, find some space, run forward, very frustrating.

Graphics are brilliant, commentary is rubbish.

I like the new pens, still trying to get used to them.

Overall I'll give it 7/10 too many frustrating things in the gameplay, I want to love it, but the gameplay just isn't there.

Change your tactics / sliders / cards - you'll see the difference.

Still dont know why Konami went with the incremental 1 - 100 over A - D :CONFUSE:

Question: Is added time/injury time for shorter time games (like for 10 minute games) still only like 10 seconds or so? I've been very annoyed with how they've implemented this in the last few versions... I know it is not proportional but the game needs to give us longer injury time than just a few seconds (kinda like how FIFA does it).

I think the response times have improved from the demo but there is a few niggling things for me:

The animations in general are extremely poor, as in - unfinished poor. Sometimes, with certain turns etc there is obviously animations missing-

The graohics also, admittedly are probably the best we have had from a pes game, but they arent as good as the hype, faces are good on certain players, dreadful on others, the crowds dont look good either

The physics are not right, i dont care what people say, they just arent... Throw a ball out with the keeper and sometimes the ball - 'jumps' out of the keepers glove...
Also there is no way that a player can kick a ball long and make the trajectory that the players on pes an make.

The online is not good, the lag varies from good to terrible - although now you can make sure before you play someone that the connection is good, it still doesnt solve the problem

The keepers arent that good either - played an online game earlier and won with a pea roller at the keeper from lucas that the keeper just parried into his own net in the last minute. Good for me :) but must of been infuriating for the other guy.

The masters league is going to be the main thing for me (unless online improves a lot) and it seems better, more realistic world if you catch my drift.

Oh btw the sound (apart from the music) has got to be some of the worst in a sports game ever... Get rid of lawrenson please!!! he sounds like he is reading off a peice of paper and has the charisma of a wet sandwich.

Also got it today. From Tesco too so cheap price and if I don't want to keep it I can return to GAME or whatever for the same trade-in price as I bought it.

Anyhoo first impressions:

- Graphics aren't as hot as people were making out. Faces look nice(although lack expression) but the game looks like a HD PS2 game imo. Everything looks a bit grainy and the the lack of 1080p on PS3 doesn't help. You can't really see any detail on the players when playing the default cameras.

Then we have the rather poor night lighting. Animations suck but we expected that. So not sure what all the fuss about the graphics was about.

- Gameplay it feels very much like the old days(this is both good and bad). I still love how player individuality is much more apparent in PES than FIFA.

The card system works great. Seeing Gerrard make dashes forward, seeing Dani Alves always bombing on, Rooney harrying my defenders. I was playing with Liverpool and had a corner cleared to the edge of the box, Macherano ran forward to volley the ball as it fell but ballooned it high into the air with his left foot.

On the negative the passing still seems ping-pong like. It also takes getting used to not having a power gauge for passing after playing FIFA. Also, maybe I'm not fully used to the controls but is there no 'slow' dribble ability? All I can use is the normal speed dribbling and sprint dribble.

Also I need to learn the defending controls better. R2 lets you jockey yes? The animation don't really indicate that your player is jockeying. I would prefer if it was more like FIFA's jockey system.

One thing I wish it had from FIFA is the 'player run' function. So many times I want a player to make a run forward to play him in. Playing a through ball ofcourse makes them run into the space it's played into but it would help alot if we could initiate a player to run before the pass is made.

Movement also feels a bit on-rails like many have said. It doesn't feel like the game has moved on in many ways gameplay-wise. It still feels like I'm playing the same game I played all those years ago. This is a bit worrying for the series imo. It feels like it's stuck in a rut.

Gona keep playing it to see if I can enjoy it fully.

One thing I wish it had from FIFA is the 'player run' function. So many times I want a player to make a run forward to play him in. Playing a through ball ofcourse makes them run into the space it's played into but it would help alot if we could initiate a player to run before the pass is made.

Totally agree with this, would make the game so much better

Player run is in though, I've been pulling it off fine even though the button combo is a little different to FIFA. Check your manuals on page 7.

Pass and Move: Press the :r2: button immediately after passing the ball to instruct the player to make a forward run.

is it me or is it extremely difficult to turn on the ball without losing it eg player is extremely slow no matter who it is

also do the player cards and sliders do anything because when i push forward using the tactics cards my team rarely pushes past half way still im always up front with 2 against 6 at the back

final point is how do u tackle?? no matter what i do its very difficult to win the ball back yet cpu always walks it off me?? i play top player too.

apart from that i actually love this pro evo just got to get used to it :)

Pro whoops fifa as usual :)

You're very funny when you say " Gameplay it feels very much like the old days " :FAIL: ! Тhat is absolute bull sh*t . Do not talk nonsense .
PES 2010 absolutely does not look and felt like any other game of the series .For better or worse.

Last edited:
Shouldnt the run come before the pass?

Yeah, but obviously everything starts with a pass. You pass the ball to start it off then before it reaches the receiver you press R2. Then the original passing player makes the run in to space - opening up space for the next pass if you choose to pass it back to him.

Last edited:
PES 2010 is much better than PES 2009, however its not classic PES 4,5 or 6 yet.
One Question where has international league gone?
Can you unlock it?

I was wondering that, too. There's no Konami Cup either so that's custom leagues and cups out of the window.

More useful features disappear into the Konami triangle, along with 3 stadia missing from PES 2009.:RANT:

If everyone here just insist long enough, you'll like (or even love) the game. If you don't or/and you don't care, than fuck off, play the game that suits you better :)

I'm really in love with Master League ;o I just hope this master league gets to PSP pes2010.

Last edited:
You're very funny when you say " Gameplay it feels very much like the old days " :FAIL: ! Тhat is absolute bull sh*t . Do not talk nonsense .
PES 2010 absolutely does not look and felt like any other game of the series .For better or worse.

:YAWN:

Ok Mr PES6 i love the most arcade version of the franchise. Perhaps the one that killed Pro Evo imo

We will all take your advice and go back to gluing R1 down on the pad for the rest of our days and run to the wings for cutbacks?

This game is in the right direction, and as for the part you say it does not feel like any other game of the series i give you PES2008 and you'll be glad it's not.

Now:COAT:

:YAWN:

Ok Mr PES6 i love the most arcade version of the franchise. Perhaps the one that killed Pro Evo imo

We will all take your advice and go back to gluing R1 down on the pad for the rest of our days and run to the wings for cutbacks?

This game is in the right direction, and as for the part you say it does not feel like any other game of the series i give you PES2008 and you'll be glad it's not.

Now:COAT:

.. and pes 10 is absolutely no different. Konami even went as far as making scoring much easier just to take your attention off all the crappy things that either were taken away, downgraded or not implemented at all.
Heres how you score in pes 10 ... pass inside the box and let powerful striker plow the ball into the net.
Scoring in this game is about as exciting as cutting bread.

Last edited:
Ok, after a few more online games, im getting even more frustrated - Im showing green on everything and even when i play someone else on green, the button lag is unbearable...

What im noticing is the game starts off ok, and then as the game progresses the lag gets worse - Yes fair enough there isnt any teleporting, but the button lag is the new teleporting

Cant understand how this can be compared to the likes of PES5, it is nothing like it. So disappointing. The animations need a complete overhaul.

Poeple seem split into really liking it and thinking its rigid and un-responsive.

Its seems to be split into if you prefered PES5 or PES6, the difference between the two styles of games can honestly be changed by simply editing the agility, response and balance of players a little bit either way.

When I was editing all the players in last years PS3 version, you could see that defenders and midfielders for smaller teams and some of the larger teams had their stats for these in the low 70's or 60's

The more you push these stats up to 80 and above the more arcade like the game will play.

Its the same with teamwork, mentality and aggression. The best teams with have players with high stats in these, so that playing against them is harder. Teams like Man Utd will have a lot of players with these stats in the high 80's and all the smaller teams will have these stats created randomly between 60 and 70.

If you know the above and change the stats of players to suit your taste, you can easily create the game you want.

Edited by LJ: Removed quoted image as it isn't even remotely funny!!

Dude you're getting out of hand. We get it, you dig PES6. I for one hated that it was towards the arcadey gameplay.
If you want to argue about this start a PES6 thread, but you need to quit your bitching and nagging here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ai of the opponents defense on professional level is not really good. I'm talking about the backline. They run away from you when you go towards goal, giving you every chance to shoot

Ai of the opponents defense on professional level is not really good. I'm talking about the backline. They run away from you when you go towards goal, giving you every chance to shoot

I think it depends on which team you play against. Some are set to keeping a straight back line and are harder to play through balls past, but allow easier shooting. Spain seem to do this a lot

Edited by LJ: Removed quoted image as it isn't even remotely funny!!

Your way out of line with this comment...

Wrong forum if this is your level of maturity..

Get your point across with intelligence, if you lack it, learn it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your way out of line with this comment...

Wrong forum if this is your level of maturity..

Get your point across with intelligence, if you lack it, learn it...

He fits the PES6 fan profile perfectly. Immature and arcade fanatic!

somebody should remove that pic, it's very insulting disabled people.

btw, konami cup and international leagues are gone??????

I like it. It differs from Fifa but it's a good alternative. You have to take your time to enjoy the game, that's good.

This morning, I told my dad to try it. He is a PES 6 (360 version) addict. He completed over 40 years of masterleague.
First thing he noticed was the squad updates, he was like a child : No more Beye, Pagis or Nasri playing for Marseille.
Easy difficulty, 12-0 wins but he already loves PES 2010 :D.

btw, konami cup and international leagues are gone??????

They are in Community Mode. ;)

PES 2010 is a pure simulation of football. The games are so evenly balanced between attack and defence, it's a real throwback to PES 5, and just as challenging in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom