PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

I play as an AMF and i have lots of ball possession in most matches. Of course now and again there is a match where team mates could paas the ball more to my player, but isn't that the case irl too...generally if i'm well positioned, i get a fair amount of good balls...

Even if I'm in a good position, it doesn't stop the back four passing it between themselves though. Same goes for the AI, who do exactly the same thing.

Strange, i never noticed that...
I see a lot of rather short passes (all over the pitch) until an opening is forced and then come the through ball or the centre or whatever.
Yesterday evening i just made the sweetest goal on a counter in San Siro against AC Milan. At a moment when my Catania team were dominated, we managed to counter after a Milan corner. The satisfying thing was that my player started and concluded the move. My player picked the ball up just outside my own box, gave a pass to a SMF who made a long run and centered in Milan's box where my player just had to touch the ball to make a fine goal...

PS: what difficulty level are you playing on ? I'm playing on normal...which for most of you might be too easy, but it suits me fine...i'll try higher difficulty later on...

Strange, i never noticed that...
I see a lot of rather short passes (all over the pitch) until an opening is forced and then come the through ball or the centre or whatever.
Yesterday evening i just made the sweetest goal on a counter in San Siro against AC Milan. At a moment when my Catania team were dominated, we managed to counter after a Milan corner. The satisfying thing was that my player started and concluded the move. My player picked the ball up just outside my own box, gave a pass to a SMF who made a long run and centered in Milan's box where my player just had to touch the ball to make a fine goal...

PS: what difficulty level are you playing on ? I'm playing on normal...which for most of you might be too easy, but it suits me fine...i'll try higher difficulty later on...

I haven't changed the difficulty so I think it's Professional?

Is there a way of shielding the ball when you get it? I'm also finding when I control the ball, I've got a player pressuring me immediately and I need to pass the ball of really quick or I get knocked off the ball.

I'm still only 17 in the game though so maybe that's a reason?

I really don't see how there is anyone who can't notice the new animations?

Also, does it feel like it's too easy to whip in an accurate cross? It's like you can put any player down by the corner flag, and he can whip it on to someone's head

I can see some new animations in the game generally. But I can't get over how rubbish the players look when they sprint. It's a fairly big part of the game but frankly they look appalling and i struggle to take the game seriously when i play it because of it.

I can't see how nobody else seems to of noticed it..:CONFUSE:

I tried the pc on line mode. Quite shocking to find out you can't play with people who have different cpus. I couldnt' really believe it. I mean who the f. test these games????????

As for the off line modes i also believe its longevity is an issue. Me and my mate got bored after a few games and keep switching in between we9lek and pes6.

Found this:

29w9y8k.jpg

Sums it up to be honest.

I haven't changed the difficulty so I think it's Professional?

Is there a way of shielding the ball when you get it? I'm also finding when I control the ball, I've got a player pressuring me immediately and I need to pass the ball of really quick or I get knocked off the ball.

I'm still only 17 in the game though so maybe that's a reason?

I must admit Dags, I havent really had any of the problems you have been experiencing. But I did start my BAL on Regular last year, and then move it up a level as my player got better. I can imagine it will be very hard on 2010 starting on Professional as your players stats are rubbish from the offset.

I tried the pc on line mode. Quite shocking to find out you can't play with people who have different cpus. I couldnt' really believe it. I mean who the f. test these games????????

What do you mean? Like someone with dual core can't play someone with quad core?

I can see some new animations in the game generally. But I can't get over how rubbish the players look when they sprint. It's a fairly big part of the game but frankly they look appalling and i struggle to take the game seriously when i play it because of it.

I can't see how nobody else seems to of noticed it..:CONFUSE:

Everyone else has noticed it. It has been mentioned / discussed many times.
I agree that its hard to take the game serious because of it, but we either have to get used to it or stop playing the game.

Some other animations look damn good so i wonder why they didnt fix the running animations.

I must admit Dags, I havent really had any of the problems you have been experiencing. But I did start my BAL on Regular last year, and then move it up a level as my player got better. I can imagine it will be very hard on 2010 starting on Professional as your players stats are rubbish from the offset.

Maybe that's the trick then, I'll drop it down to Regular and see how I fare then.

What do you mean? Like someone with dual core can't play someone with quad core?

Nope, he means AMD vs Intell processors.
Look around this site and you'l find a thread.

Thankfully i havent spent my money on this game, just like last year.
Was hoping for a good online this year but sofar too many problems.

Ill keep my money in my pocket for now, hoping for improvement

Yes AMD vs Intell does not work. How can u possibly publish a game in this condition i dunno.

And out of the 2 millions game journos that had a chance to talk to seabass, why couldn't anyone asks something like "are the pathetic running animation still there??".

Maybe he thinks we like them this way. i mean 3 years in a row...

Maybe that's the trick then, I'll drop it down to Regular and see how I fare then.

I would recommend that too.
My player is also only 17 years old. And yes, is not very good when pressured, so you have to pass rather quick or try a driblle.
It al depends on the stats you get to begin with. Last year there were quite a lot of people who replayed their first match (when the scouts are watching you) until they got the stats which suited them. I think it's more of a challenge if you play with what you get.
There is also the possibility to "change the bias" of your player. (sorry for my clumsy English on this). Initially you can reshuffle some abilities from you player (strength, shooting, dribbling and others all start with two "measures", you can reshuffle those "measures" for example decrease dribbling from 2 to 1 and add one measure to strength...i hope you get what i want to explain...).

One question, does your BAL player bulk up noticeably as he gets older?

Also, is it possible to fix or add Animation via download patch updates as well as add extra stadiums/goal net styles?

Well the cracks have started to appear a little now.

One thing i levelled at Fifa was the lack of shooting done by the a.i, well unless you are playing the really top teams on this no one shots. They just pass, pass, pass it all over the pitch and its a pain getting it back.

You can score some nice goals but again, everything that gets hit is hit like a rocket, its far too fast and teh ball feels far too heavy. I think not only the physics of the ball make it feel heavy but the audio too when it hits the post or kicked. I want to see some nice bobbles and blocks and be able to float shots a bit, not every shot should be a thunderbolt.

Wheres the Europa league?

I played some international CL matches, friendlies, ML games, but didn't see any coloured nets..

Any idea on where can I see some coloured net?

tks

Few goals I've scored in the full version thus far on PC. Love/Hate PES relationship ensues

1. Fabregas Drive

YouTube - PES2010 Cesc Fagregas Drive

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Ka'ka Belter

YouTube - PES2010 Kaka Belter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Ka'ka Twinkle Toes

YouTube - PES2010 Kaka Twinkle Toes

I started as a AMF in BAL too and I'm not happy with the way the game bypasses me at times. I'm playing for Sporting Gijon and we use a 4-5-1 formation, I play behind the striker but sometimes his positioning stinks. Down the line when you become captain do you have access to the tactics?

I'm going to start again as a Striker.

That's something i forgot to tell in my other posts.
If you got a transfer offer check out the team and the role they want you to play.
After my first match i got offers from Napoli, Genoa and Catania.
Genoa is one of my favourite teams in Italy and i also like Napoli a lot. But both teams wanted to play me as a DMF...so i went to the most unfashionable of the three:Catania.

I'm playing for Roda JC as they offered my the AMF role whereas the others wanted me to play on the wing etc.

In Week 6 and they've now changed tactics and shifted me to CMF for the last couple of games. I'm actually performing better in that role though as, like I said earlier, the defence knock it around a lot and I give them an option to pass to me whereas if I play AMF, they can't get the ball to me.

I think it's worth pointing out that in PES 2009 the team AI did notably improve as you moved to better teams. A lot of people criticised the AI last year but everyone starts with crap teams who, guess what, play pretty crap.

I moved eventually to Athletico Madrid who were one of the best teams in the world in my game (!) and their passing and movement was immense. I was scoring for fun towards then end.

Yes AMD vs Intell does not work. How can u possibly publish a game in this condition i dunno.

And out of the 2 millions game journos that had a chance to talk to seabass, why couldn't anyone asks something like "are the pathetic running animation still there??".

Maybe he thinks we like them this way. i mean 3 years in a row...

It works, I'm not sure what's wrong with the configuration of the people who have these problems.

I've got a QX6800 and my mate has an AMD X2 6000+, works fine.

I'm playing for Roda JC as they offered my the AMF role whereas the others wanted me to play on the wing etc.

In Week 6 and they've now changed tactics and shifted me to CMF for the last couple of games. I'm actually performing better in that role though as, like I said earlier, the defence knock it around a lot and I give them an option to pass to me whereas if I play AMF, they can't get the ball to me.

I played as a striker with my BAL, and I made sure I was always the best option for the pass. Pressing R2 (I think) is the button that makes your player put his hand up, but you probably already know that. I would try keeping it simple with your CM or AMF. The more passes you complete add's to your rating and keeps the manager happy. As a CM or AMF, thats what your judged on. Keeping it simple and completing as many easy passes as you can will work wonders and help you break into the first team.

I played some international CL matches, friendlies, ML games, but didn't see any coloured nets..

Any idea on where can I see some coloured net?

tks

You can see colored nets only if you play against a club team wich got colored nets in real life...Of course the team must play home (doesn't matter if you choose it oro not)...That happens both in friendly matches or Mater league (not in Champions)...I make some exemple Sunderland. Everton, Siena ,Catania, Chievo; Napoli, Athletico Madrid., Tolouse, Ajax...Chek them out :COOL:

You can see colored nets only if you play against a club team wich got colored nets in real life...Of course the team must play home (doesn't matter if you choose it oro not)...That happens both in friendly matches or Mater league (not in Champions)...I make some exemple Sunderland. Everton, Siena ,Catania, Chievo; Napoli, Athletico Madrid., Tolouse, Ajax...Chek them out :COOL:

Thanks mate. Maybe I didn't noticed, I will check again. As looks like there could be some difference among different EU versions I was starting to be a bit worried about it...
I have IT version.
I will have a look. Thanks.

How do you do tricks on PES? I keep going into the FIFA habit of using the right-stick which obviously doesn't work :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom