PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Dags - it's all in the ingame instructions but you will want to try them out in training rather than midgame! It's all about directional double taps etc and whether or not you are stationary, judging by my last faff around. Not very stick friendlyactyally, very d pad oriented. Some tricks are definitely better to look at than others (that long step or whatever it is called is just hideous).

Last edited:
It works. Just hold L2.

Ah right, I'll give that a go :TU:

Dags - it's all in the ingame instructions but you will want to try them out in training rather than midgame! It's all about directional double taps and whether or not you are stationary, judging by my last faff around. Not very stick friendlyactyally, very d pad oriented. Some tricks are definitely better to look at than others (that long step or whatever it is called is just hideous).

I looked through the in-game help but it just seemed a bit of a mess. I hate using the d-pad so not sure how often I'll use tricks if I can't use the stick :(

dont u mean R2 ?
when i hold L2 whit Stick nothin happens
L2 is the strategy button like L2 + X

It's a bit shambolic tbh. Some tricks can be done using either the left or right sticks; certainly the marseille roulette can. Not really worked it or had the inclination to do so. May try tonight though..

dont u mean R2 ?
when i hold L2 whit Stick nothin happens
L2 is the strategy button like L2 + X

It's L2 with the right stick, or just the left stick, or D-Pad.

Players need to have dribbling accuracy at 70+ for certain tricks and 80+ for more advanced tricks and feints. Also certain players have signature moves, like Robinho.

I'm using the D-pad with the PS3 and they are very easy to pull off. They are a little trickier I found on the 360, but just use the left stick. All the moves are done using the same movements on the pad/stick to replicate the trick or movement of the player. So once you learn them it becomes second nature.

The good ones are performed from a standing position, so use R2 to get the ball into your feet first. The skills are also relevant to which foot the player uses as his dominant foot. Facing right with a right footed player press back (left) then up quickly for a dragback heel flick. Press back(left) then down for a left footed player.

Also from a standing position when your facing right. Tap the stick or pad diagonally down/right with a right footed player, or diagonally up/right with a left footed player to perform a moving heel flick.

Again if your player is facing right and jogging or standing, tap right then down, or right then up for a step-over drop shoulder fake.

Performing tricks off the auto-sidestep is pretty cool. Press R2 then either up or down to start your player sidestepping. Which ever way the player is moving, either up or down, tap that direction. If he is sidestepping down the pitch, tap down then up. This performs a moving step-over fake. All these moves trick the CPU AI.

There are more, but these should keep you going for now.

YouTube - PES 2010 Tutorial New Tricks Part 1

YouTube - PES 2010 Tutorial New Tricks Part 2

Last edited:
the "tricks" on L2 arent any good i tested it right now

i use simple left stick or R2 + left stick(different)

btw
last game played today offline
this shit cpu cheating is breacking the game

will wait for next patch for online

oh and where is the manual pass to Button Feature ?!

Lies, bloody lies

i mean u have almost no influence on through balls, not the height
not the pace...

manual pass on Right stick is not good enough playable

Player stats influence through balls. Also depending on how long you hold down the button you can slightly vary the power. Even crosses and early crosses/corners/chipped through balls, all stat based. You can whip in some lovely balls with Becks, he's got amazing curl and accuracy.

u dont get it

if cpu wants to cheat it does

through ball diagonal to the striker is 3 out of 5 times too long, or even to a different direction, too close to the keeper

AND
why not have stats based + self chosen passes
its a fact that u cant influence the height of a through ball
u just hold down the button for high balls, wich heigh no influence
speed too, when u hold down longer as u said the cpu again chooes 3 out of 5 passes the player behind the player u wanted
even direction is sometimes completely wrong
when its not wrong its often too long etc.

its not good
coz on the other side cpu plays lovely balls even whit arbeola or such players, no matter strong or weak foot

online both players or all 4 players have this, offline its a game braker

more i play the more i see its a glorified 2009. graphics are excellent granted but the way it moves is awful, bloody awful and spoils the game for me. the series still needs a kick up the backside.

Had some great games against Tobi today. Pretty much lag free. Everyone should join the PS3 evo-web community so we can get some more matches going! :)

I'm finding the dragback very inconsistent. I keep turning around instead. It's easy with the d-pad but not the left stick. But if I use the d-pad I expect the diagonal heel exit will be night on impossible to get right as that is generally the way with diagonals on d-pad. Any tips?

Also, how do I get my own music sorted for this? Unable to access the manual at the moment but eager to avoid the Welsh twunts and the American pop rock. None of my stuff is listed in the User Library so I assume I need to set up a playlist or put the music in a game folder or something?

Andrew WK's track borrows heavily from this:

YouTube - Shooting Stars - Mortimer Skanking

Last edited:
Yep. Well its tiring playing this all of a sudden. The cheating the a.i does is criminal.

And the worst addition to a agme ever? Well that has to be unassisted cursor.

UNBELIEVABLE.

The cpu took over my players. WTF????? I only wanted to select the player myself instead the cpu starts passing and tackling!

Too much weirdness and the players not being able to dribble is really riling me now.

Oh well i gave it a chance but i think its to the trade in this baby goes. It makes me wonder what all you guys see in it. Deep complex, gameplay my ass.

Yep. Well its tiring playing this all of a sudden. The cheating the a.i does is criminal.

UNBELIEVABLE.

The cpu took over my players. WTF????? I only wanted to select the player myself instead the cpu starts passing and tackling!

Too much weirdness and the players not being able to dribble is really riling me now.

Oh well i gave it a chance but i think its to the trade in this baby goes. It makes me wonder what all you guys see in it. Deep complex, gameplay my ass.

:LMAO:Well there's a surprise. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bye:BYE:

Exactly!!!!! All say "Te King is back " but not so. This game just will kill that PES series the last 2 years have been in a coma .
I do not understand, as are many old fans of the game here, and nobody dared to say how many problems there are in PES 2010? A new fan might like it to be impressive , but old fan may not be so easily deceived! I do not care how good graphics, gameplay once is boring and you fed after 3 days. Not to mention that the online mode is terrible! You Can not play an entire match, they constantly discarded from the game ( PC Version ).. For 3 days , only 2 full games. And it's not only me. Many people have the same problem.

Hello Antracsa!:BYE:

Nice use of the Cyrillic alphabet in re-registering.

Welcome back to the forums.

:LMAO:Well there's a surprise. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bye:BYE:

Why is it a surprise? I hear people whinging about fifa and the a.i and how it feels restricted and yet all you guys keep banging on about a game with a last generation engine that cheats to try and keep it interesting rather than using some innovation to replicate football.

I swear the only reason some of you like it is through brand loyalty because this game is just average. Its not garbage but its not great either its just average. How you can get 12 months out of it is anyones guess.

Why is it a surprise? I hear people whinging about fifa and the a.i and how it feels restricted and yet all you guys keep banging on about a game with a last generation engine that cheats to try and keep it interesting rather than using some innovation to replicate football.

I swear the only reason some of you like it is through brand loyalty because this game is just average. Its not garbage but its not great either its just average. How you can get 12 months out of it is anyones guess.

Good luck getting 12 months out of Fifa10.

Hopefully I will get the game on Saturday, then I will join the EW community, I hope being in Peru does not cause a lot of lag. In the PES5 era I played lots of great games with little lag, considering that I am very far away... here I am hoping for the best... and I also welcome the idea of playing with lower teams, my choices would be Atletico Madrid or Fiorentina (withe the loved here Juan Vargas LOL xD)

Last edited:

UNBELIEVABLE.

I have to agree with the unassisted bit, the CPU constantly is intruding and making decisions for you without your consent.

This usually happens in close situations where there are two/three players close to each other, we're to switching to the player we want but while that happens the CPU takes over messes up things.

They need to bring back the Manual bar ala PS2, where you can choose the level of assistance you want.

Hopefully I will get the game on Saturday, then I will join the EW community, I hope being in Peru does not cause a lot of lag. In the PES5 era I played lots of great games with little lag, considering that I am very far away... here I am hoping for the best... and I also welcome the idea of playing with lower teams, my choices would be Atletico Madrid or Fiorentina (withe the loved here Juan Vargas LOL xD)

At its current state man I don't think playing other continents is a good idea. Played people from my same region and everything was fine but I didn't enjoy because all they picked were Real/Barca/Inter.

Played a few games vs the Evo-web boys and enjoyed them more but unfortunately they were lagging, like a 1-2 sec lag. I'm hoping Konami does something about it :(

(Still yet to get game in mail...) Does the final PES2010 have:

a) Classic Players (Maradona, Pele etc)?

b) any menu stating a PSP link up? (the PSP Pro Evo 2010 is not out yet but if there is a menu it could hint to functionality

(Still yet to get game in mail...) Does the final PES2010 have:

a) Classic Players (Maradona, Pele etc)?

b) any menu stating a PSP link up? (the PSP Pro Evo 2010 is not out yet but if there is a menu it could hint to functionality

a) Think they can be unlocked under classic teams when winning cups etc.

Guys.In the PC PES 2010 servers are speaking , different processors that are the reason the Online Mode is so unstable and drop from the match . In the lobbies have rooms with names " AMD vs AMD " or " Intel vs Intel " and most strange is that .. this works .
How far is it logical? And whether by Konami will be able to fix it !?

I've been playing a lot since friday (PS3), and in general I think it's good. To be honest I have the same gripes as most people here.

One thing I've noticed though is the difference in gameplay when I change the PS3 display settings between 16:9 and 4:3 (I know this was noticeable in the demo too - but even more so now imo). Not only is there a huge difference in the pace of the game, but I also find there's a difference in the difficulty.

I find myself torn between the 2 - I'm not sure which one I like the best....if I want a quick 20mins (pick up and play) I choose 4:3 and get a fast paced game with lots of goals. However if I want something more realistic (slower, harder to score and create chances), I change it to 16:9.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed this? (because the difference I find is huge) I've noticed some people here think it's too fast, and some people think it's slower than previous versions - this may be the reason?

Also, I'd like to know what other people play on - 4:3 or 16:9?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom