PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

At its current state man I don't think playing other continents is a good idea. Played people from my same region and everything was fine but I didn't enjoy because all they picked were Real/Barca/Inter.

Played a few games vs the Evo-web boys and enjoyed them more but unfortunately they were lagging, like a 1-2 sec lag. I'm hoping Konami does something about it :(

Lets wait and see. I remember playing well with european people (Rob McLean for example) on PES5... damn, those were the times...

What console are you playing on? I use analogue on Xbox 360 and the 360 dribbling is constant, regardless of whether you are on or off the ball.
PS3. dribbling is on the ball mate. off the ball is when you're defending aka chasing your opponent. it's 8-direction not 360* even though you use analog stick.

Im not sure on this years pes, its better than fifa in terms of getting the football right in the way everything happens but the movement an animations an physics are all wrong an quite poor to be honest, animations are well funny in how crap they are an then the good ones dont occur very often (there isnt even an animation for a volley when the ball drops from the sky an the other half volley animation would snap someones leg in three places if you tried doing it in real life.)

Laced shot ball physics are spot on but there isnt even proper curl an dip in shots an even worste there isnt even a diffrent shot animation beside a poweful shot, chip shot an a one on one, where is a type of finese shot an volley shot an real ball physics for these shots (konami think volleys react the same as a normal shot)

most shooting animations are wrong an when do you see anyone hit the ball like this.

The second goal in this

YouTube - PES 2010 - Juventus vs Fiorentina Highlights

this animation is because messi was being lazy in his motion cap he did as you can see him actual do this in a konami video an he is just hitting the ball in the net an they used it the ediots

Free kick animations are retarded (watch a ronldo free kick an then watch a pes free kick from him an he looks like the retard from skool trying to kick the ball back at you once you smacked him of the head wih it)the rest of them are rubbish an unrealstic aswell an the ball physics are crap in free kicks aswell

passing is a mixture as its sometimes great an sometimes poor in the physics but again the animations are stupid for passing as you can see they have 3 passing animations and use them for all diffrent angels an again looks like the retard at skool an the animations become really really poor when you use the manual pass.

animations for tackles an slide tackle (only one animation for something that happens atleast 20 times in game) have been the same since pes 4 or summin oh wait actualy most of the animations are from or altleast look like from pes 4

you have to kill the guy to make the ref even think about giving you a penalty but over all the ref is great every where else round the pitch

The running animations an dribble animations are shamefull an i wouldnt even say the game has 16 way movement (crafty gits saying 360 dribbling is in is well funny an the way they talked about the shirts are now untucked but they arnt when you actualy playing the game is shameful aswell)

goalkeeper are ok is saves but still could be better but again the animations are rubbish

there is so much more i could say about this game been crap but the tatical side of this game is also amazing an puts fifa to shame in this area just that it doesnt move an fell like football so im going to trade it in an hope that konami get some people from europe in to help out with how football moves an anmations cause clerley they dont have a clue.

They need to scrap every animations in the game an add over 2000 real ones an implement them in the game so that they happen when they should happen (for example in pes 2010 ther is a messi animation where he wraps his foot round the ball an moves it to left or right an its class when your taking on a player but if your trying to move round in open play it slow an looks retarted)and no response issues in them.

6.5/10 for me

i dont want to start a war with someone(g-force) as i do like the game a bit an i can see why alot of people like the game an i have just said my opinion in what they should do with the game so that more people can like it an enjoy it.

Can we stop calling the dribbling/movement 360? It's woefully inaccurate.

Had some good games today against mates. I do have several reservations about the keepers, the number of times the woodwork is hit, the true benefit of this 16 or so degrees of movement (one second you're running at a shallow angle, the next you are catapulted off into the distance all because of a stick movement of a couple of degrees - at least when it was 8 direction we knew what we were dealing with) and the general standard of defending in one defender vs one striker scenarios, which is nothing like up to the standard of classic PES's. It's not a great game but it is at least a good game and the major quirks and foibles are at least amusing when happening to other people.

Last edited:
Quick impression;

Played two matches (got the game with Uncharted2, don't think any game will be played till I finish that :D)

Anyway, first match CL. Love the whole atmosphere presentation, really good. Game is more responsive then the demo aswell so I can't say I have problems with that, I think it's fine. Game was a bit frantic as I was using sprint too much, Im not a sprint whore but it seems very ineffective in this game. Second game a friendly with Milan against someone random. Slowed the game right down and didn't sprint and it was a lot better, players felt more responsive, balance of the game improved a lot.

So pleasantly surprised by it. However I think the main issue is that there seems to be so little transition between animations, and Im not talking about "looks" as such. It's more that due to the lack the timing feels really weird to turn and keep possesion. One of the biggest strenghts of the old version was that you could play pretty intuatively based on what you saw, however with less animations by the time you realise you need to turn/adjust your direction the player is taking another step and you run/walk into a defender. I will get used to it, but that was the main aspect that stood out. Makes it all a bit clunky. That and the fact Mark Lawrenson was recorded over the phone by the sound of it. If they add some more animations I think it would be pretty close to PES' best. Ofcourse I have hardly played it so many of the other gripes that people are talking about haven't been noticed (yet).

Hi Guys, since I am still waiting for my copy to arrive! can some one please answer some minor question re the game as I am dying to know the ans lol

Mainly,

1. What is the default stadium for juve since they removed the olympico ?

2. When playing the ML (with default players i.e you start in div 2) is the stadium always full?

3. do players get injured realisticly? i mean do we have the injuries we used to have when a player is forced out for a month etc?

4. does the ref allows advantage play then books as soon as the ball goes out etc?

Thanks Guys

PS3. dribbling is on the ball mate. off the ball is when you're defending aka chasing your opponent. it's 8-direction not 360* even though you use analog stick.

Sorry mate but that's just not true. Defending is much more accurate in this years game because you can approach an attacker using the 360 motion. I don't really understand how people cannot see this, it's clear as day to me. Movement is most definitely NOT 8 direction unless you're using the d-pad.

Would agree, an easy way to see this is the fact they don't have the animations for it which makes your players hover over the pitch moving in directions he doesn't have the 360animation for.

I wonder what the mo-cap involved with Messi, was it just to say "We have the world's greatest player here" because it seems like they couldn't ask him to do anything that would stretch his muscles, look at the sprinting animation for example, especially when you change direction when sprinting, there is not transition that shows the player knock the ball in that direction, more a case of it looks like the ball is controlling the player.

What I cannot understand is it was never this way in last gen WE/Pro Evo games, there would always be a change in body movement.

The way I see it, Fifa's animations with the scripting of a PES game would be awesome.

I also hate the way the ball makes a thud on everything that happens, when you chest the ball it sounds like a marble rolling down the straws on a game of Kerplunk!, should only be a noise on a pass or a shot.

I love the Master League as well this year so it's a shame that the gameplay itself, not even that as it plays OK (compared to last two years) but just the way it moves is terrible, Winning Eleven 9:LE's gameplay and animations with these graphics would be heaven for me.

I wonder what the mo-cap involved with Messi, was it just to say "We have the world's greatest player here" because it seems like they couldn't ask him to do anything that would stretch his muscles, look at the sprinting animation for example, especially when you change direction when sprinting, there is not transition that shows the player knock the ball in that direction, more a case of it looks like the ball is controlling the player.

What happened to the mo-cap is an absolute mystery. I mean to look at PES 2010 you would think no mo-cap was involved at all.

Thought I'd try the game on Normal last night, I won 12-0 :LOL:

Professional is about right I think for me.

PESfan are releasing an Xbox 360 patch very shortly with all the kits, emblems, transfers, etc etc done. There will be no chants though, but it will have Championship teams on it. You will need data cable and a Xbox 360 memory card to transfer it all over. Much easier on the PS3.

thats not a patch then... that sounds like an option file.. i had an awesome patch for pes 2009, chants, new stadiums, new music, etc..

Konami need to up the difficulty in online games to Professional or higher, Regular is shit.

I've played games today against kick and run (TM) fuckers and my Spurs defence was hopeless. In my ML they are solid, they defend as a unit and have only conceded one goal in 13 games or so. Online is like a completely new game, players who don't take their finger off the sprint button literally run rings around them!

They better hurry up with the transfer update too, played against Real today to see what it was like and Robben ran past everyone for fun.

:RANT:

Konami need to up the difficulty in online games to Professional or higher, Regular is shit.

I've played games today against kick and run (TM) fuckers and my Spurs defence was hopeless. In my ML they are solid, they defend as a unit and have only conceded one goal in 13 games or so. Online is like a completely new game, players who don't take their finger off the sprint button literally run rings around them!

They better hurry up with the transfer update too, played against Real today to see what it was like and Robben ran past everyone for fun.

That is a shame, should be locked in TOP PLAYER, not even Professional...

you can't play with poor teams (spurs) online for this reason unfortunately.

I always use Spain now, unless the opposition picks a lesser team, but for the most part I think cheap play is hard to pull off which is good

The refs are very CPU biased that's for sure, still haven't won a penalty yet despite being hacked down on a few occasions.

I'm getting a ps3 and I was wondering what all will I need to transfer OFs to the game....plus can the game be patched w/o having a modded system? If so how would I go about getting all the edited info/patch transferred to the game?

Thanks in advance and I can't wait to get this game. :)

I'm getting a ps3 and I was wondering what all will I need to transfer OFs to the game....plus can the game be patched w/o having a modded system? If so how would I go about getting all the edited info/patch transferred to the game?

In PS3 you can use only OFs. The only thing you need is any USB Flash Drive to download the OF then upload to PS3. There are tons of tutorials over the Internet to do this...

The refs are very CPU biased that's for sure, still haven't won a penalty yet despite being hacked down on a few occasions.

I wonder if Konami can/have the will to patch the game so that the refs aren't so ridiculously lenient?

The mass atrocities against my players must stop.:RANT:

you just need a 1gb usb

Bingo bango.

However its still real football, played with real depth and only after you've become a hardcore player so you can pick up the controller and feel in control of the game with its various mysterious subtle nuances.

I kind of pes jedi.

Us mere mortals should stay well clear we dont understand what we are messing with.
:BOP:

:YAWN:

You should change you username to Respawn.

:YAWN:

You should change you username to Respawn.

Well is that not what people have been levelling at those who dont see the genius? Thats whats been constantly levelled at me from forum to forum.

Im simply not good enough, ive simply not given it enough time to master it. You need to feel the game ive been told.

This to a person who has been gaming since the Atari age in the late seventies.

So shove your yawn pal.

Back
Top Bottom