PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Once upon a time the ref in pes had the "home game factor", meaning when u were playing at home you had a bit of an advantage. I clearly remember that in pes4. Then again all refs have different card/strictness values so it depends on which you pick.

We all remember the nasty jap ref...he sent off 4 of my players in a game...and for no bad fouls...

Well is that not what people have been levelling at those who dont see the genius? Thats whats been constantly levelled at me from forum to forum.

Im simply not good enough, ive simply not given it enough time to master it. You need to feel the game ive been told.

This to a person who has been gaming since the Atari age in the late seventies.

So shove your yawn pal.

Its got nothing to do with gaming since man's first premature ejaculation. It is pretty simple, its not your type of game. You don't need convincing and there is no need convincing people who like it otherwise.

Sell it, trade it in or break it into pieces. Instead of respawning every now and then preaching the wrong crowd why not invest your time in something more rewarding? Try playing a game you like for example...

Sorry mate but that's just not true. Defending is much more accurate in this years game because you can approach an attacker using the 360 motion. I don't really understand how people cannot see this, it's clear as day to me. Movement is most definitely NOT 8 direction unless you're using the d-pad.
sorry i made my self unclear. what i meant was when running (R1 pressed) not walking coz you can't chase a defender by walking. can you post a video about a defender who can run (R1 pressed) 5-10* like in my picture?

not-360.gif

i had my vision tested last month and i believe what doctor said about it. and i don't know why people don't feel issues like this...

oh 1 more thing, AI don't attack in 360* motion. they even don't run 5* or 10*, probably the AI still play with d-pad...

Yup Dryzer, this is not a thread for game impressions, go and post your opinions in the... oh.

If he doesn't like the game then fine, no problem. Negative impressions are fine but there's no need to keep going on like a broken record. Just don't play the game and spend time playing something more worthwhile rather than wasting time trying to persuade us that PES2010 is an appalling game.

I'm big enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind about a game that's right in front of me.

If he doesn't like the game then fine, no problem. Negative impressions are fine but there's no need to keep going on like a broken record. Just don't play the game and spend time playing something more worthwhile rather than wasting time trying to persuade us that PES2010 is an appalling game.

I'm big enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind about a game that's right in front of me.

Excellent post.
There are enough arguments to dislike PES2010 but it is indeed annoying to hear the same persons time and time again...why those one man crusades ?

This is how I sum up this game:

Online or playing against mates - BRILLIANT!!!!!
Offiline playing against the AI - BORING!!!!!

Playing against the AI in the past has always been a challenge, especially on the 2 hardest levels. But Konami have completely stuffed up the AI this time. There is no challenge to this game in offline mode, the computer just sits back and passes the ball around all day long, and never bothers to attack, even on the hardest level. How anybody can play against the computer and find this game satisfying/interesting is beyond me???

It is like a training drill. Attackers (me) v defenders (AI)..... ridiculous. Looks like there will not be any decent football game to play for the next 12 months (yes, FIFA is even worse).

Excellent post.
There are enough arguments to dislike PES2010 but it is indeed annoying to hear the same persons time and time again...why those one man crusades ?

Do you guys want a better Pes game?

Do you guys want to see it return to form?

Thats why its a crusade people. Because im sick of the same crap year on year. Its not enough to just like the game just because you 'd rather not get into a rival brand/game.

We only have two footy games a year to choose from. I'd like that to be two decent titles. Its not much to ask.

YouTube - PES10 Unofficial trailer (alternative end for pesfan)

So anyone here still thinks the "king" is back after watching this video?

It is funny that this guy not only creates a new user after banned, but another one to echoing his intelligent opinion... jeez...

Dryzer, get your crusade out of here. This is the place for impressions, not to "PES 2010 sucks big time bla bla bla". You already stated your opinion, we do not want to read the same again and again and again.

It is funny that this guy not only creates a new user after banned, but another one to echoing his intelligent opinion... jeez...

Dryzer, get your crusade out of here. This is the place for impressions, not to "PES 2010 sucks big time bla bla bla". You already stated your opinion, we do not want to read the same again and again and again.

Its funny how you ignore how bad the game is, i remember you from last year defending pes2009, when was the last time you played pes2009? 10 months ago i assume?

Do any of you think that the severe lack of fouls in this game is a direct result of Konami implementing the "360 degree" system? I have a feeling it is, as it's the only major gameplay change that would contribute to this. Due to this the collision system for fouls probably got completely messed up for something like that... I have a feeling that this is an issue they may have trouble addressing and we probably won't get a solution to this until the next PES.

Also, maybe it's just me or my control pad is going bonkers, but does anyone feel that using the original sixaxis on this game gives MAJOR response time issues? I had to use the sixaxis for a while when I broke my Dualshock 3 (broke the dpad), and the response times were brutal, almost as bad or just as worse as how it was in the demo. Then when I played with my new dualshock 3 last night I had no response time issues. Can anyone else who's played with Sixaxis testify if this is true for them?

Last edited:

What are you on about? ive not been banned before. :FAIL:

Don't worry dryzer, you'll get used to it.

You can post 10 useless posts in a row about your great feeling for the game and how you won that great game yesterday that felt so real, but if you post a serious complaint about the game's weakness you are immediately crucified.

For some people this is not evo web...this is EVIL WENB.....

Do any of you think that the severe lack of fouls in this game is a direct result of Konami implementing the "360 degree" system? I have a feeling it is, as it's the only major gameplay change that would contribute to this. Due to this the collision system for fouls probably got completely messed up for something like that... I have a feeling that this is an issue they may have trouble addressing and we probably won't get a solution to this until the next PES.

Also, maybe it's just me or my control pad is going bonkers, but does anyone feel that using the original sixaxis on this game gives MAJOR response time issues? I had to use the sixaxis for a while when I broke my Dualshock 3 (broke the dpad), and the response times were brutal, almost as bad or just as worse as how it was in the demo. Then when I played with my new dualshock 3 last night I had no response time issues. Can anyone else who's played with Sixaxis testify if this is true for them?

I have used both kinds on the game, depends on which one is charged, but have noticed no difference.

Thats why its a crusade people. Because im sick of the same crap year on year. Its not enough to just like the game just because you 'd rather not get into a rival brand/game.

We only have two footy games a year to choose from. I'd like that to be two decent titles. Its not much to ask.

Poppycock !!

You are the opitome of the stereo-typical Fifa Fanboy. You go out of your way to troll the PES forums spouting your rubbish. You have no interest in PES, you dont understand PES, and you never will.

I have just spotted another essay you have written on WENB. And I dont post on WENB, so you weren't aiming this at me. You really need to get out more. Or better still play Fifa and stop wasting your time preaching to people who understand football.

If this isnt another perfect example from WENB of your horrific trolling then I dont know what is.......

The only reason you cant quickly by pass the midfield in Pes is because the cpu wont let you. Not because it defends well, but because the game is restricted. Your players cant move fast enough or put the ball where you want it to. As i said the game lets you play it but on its terms not yours.

Also i need to pick you up on a few points.

You claim that you were pushed off the ball with over aggression without a freekick in Fifa. In Fifa ive seen freekicks for barges, high feet, clumsy tackles and the like. In pes ive been sawn in half without no free kick. The slide tackling is also completely hit and miss and someone like Gerrard for example cant seem to outrun a slower paced players.

Jimmy i read your posts on evo web and respect that you love Pes, but it aint the second coming and the stuff you level at Fifa is even worse in Pes.

Player individuality? Where is it in Pes? Do you mean cosmetically? Tell me where the individuality is? I'll give you the fact it looks like the players at a distance compared to fifa, as i think the graphics on Pes far outweight fifas. But thats it.

It cant be in movement because the a.i isnt intelligent enough. It cant be in dribbling and moving with the ball because again the a.i is weak in that area and you cant dribble to any great degree, especially since the touted 360 degree movement is hardly noticeable.

Is it the shooting? Well no because ive scored a 35 yarder with Kuyt as many times as i have with Gerrard.

Is it with pace? Only Messi has an abundance of pace. Torres is only slightly faster than Kuyt and Gerarrd, well forget it, he shows none of his traits of strength, speed and power.

Or are you talking about editing? Where you can edit celebrations etc?

Also teams are different? How? What? When? Explain in great detail? Ive been banging out games on Pes for a week and every team plays the same, EVERY TEAM. On pro all they do is keep it between the back and midfield, pass, pass, pass. They will then shift it to the wings and cross. The higher teams will do the same with a slight emphasis on attack on the wings and do it faster. But thats not great individuality is it? Its not a long ball game. Its not a defensive game. or a passing game.

Ive not seen one long range effort.

Ive not hardly seen any clever movement or play.

Ive not seen any clever through balls.

Ive not seen a team swarm forward and bombard the box.

So you tell me where is the individuality that gets thrown around with such abandon in these forums because i think you guys are seeing things, no seriously.

On Ps2 i'd give you all the points you tout, pes was superb, it was groundbreaking and its still played on that platform today. But i honestly think you are deluding yourselves into thinking the game is better than it is, because it honestly isnt. And dont come out with any pish about opinions, its about getting the next gen game we deserve as pes fans of the past. I dont even want a game matching the ps2 era, i want a game that goes beyond that with the technology Konami has to play with.

Its why i bought next gen consoles. Its why things move on. Its why we are watching dvd and blu-ray and not betamax and vhs.

its not a spoilt rant its technology, and it moves on and supposedly is supposed to improve and in three years i see no improvement.

In fact i'd argue that Pes has lost more than its gained since its transition from last gen.

For the record, I am a self-confessed PES Fanman. PES is the only option for me. But you will NEVER find me embarressing myself trolling Fifa boards, I have better things to do with my time, like playing PES 2010, or having some serious sexy time with my beautiful young girlfriend. ;)

Your comment about PES having no individuality is quite frankly, laughable. :FAIL:

Last edited:

You can post 10 useless posts in a row about your great feeling for the game and how you won that great game yesterday that felt so real, but if you post a serious complaint about the game's weakness you are immediately crucified.

Bingo bango.

However its still real football, played with real depth and only after you've become a hardcore player so you can pick up the controller and feel in control of the game with its various mysterious subtle nuances.

I kind of pes jedi.

Us mere mortals should stay well clear we dont understand what we are messing with.
:BOP:

Hard to read that as a serious complaint really. More like a sarcy attempt at humour.

Fair enough, you don't like the game. We got it. I'm pretty sure I speak for most people when I say there's no problem with listing honest complaits or issues you have with PES (which plenty of others have), but constant sniping or trolling, whatever you want to call it, is there really any need for that? Just not sure who that benefits? Maybe just you? Perhaps you get a kick out of winding people up?

Fair enough. Knock yourself out, I'm sorry you don't seem to have anything better to do.

Everyone here is experienced with arguing on the internet and thus appreciates how easy it is to rile someone up the wrong way by making sweeping, immature statements. I guess it depends what you want an internet forum for. Personally, I'd like this place to be a good spot to talk about Pro Evo, good and bad, rather than some kiddy bun fight like it rapidly seems to be descending into. I think everyone here could just do with taking a deep breath and reminding themselves why they post here in the first place and whether it's really worth stirring shit up just for the sake of it.

Now play nice kids. :BYE:

Poppycock !!

You are the opitome of the stereo-typical Fifa Fanboy. You go out of your way to troll the PES forums spouting your rubbish. You have no interest in PES, you dont understand PES, and you never will.

I have just spotted another essay you have written on WENB. And I dont post on WENB, so you weren't aiming this at me. You really need to get out more. Or better still play Fifa and stop wasting your time preaching to people who understand football.

If this isnt another perfect example from WENB of your horrific trolling then I dont know what is.......

For the record, I am a self-confessed PES Fanman. PES is the only option for me. But you will NEVER find me embarressing myself trolling Fifa boards, I have better things to do with my time, like playing PES 2010, or having some serious sexy time with my beautiful young girlfriend. ;)

Your comment about PES having no individuality is quite frankly, laughable. :FAIL:

Blimey. i thought you were 32 years of age, my mistake.

You see you cant argue with people like you. people with the mental capacity of a 5 year old in the playground.

You defeat every point you've ever made when you come out with such rubbish as not understanding football, i mean WTF?

I guess thats the best you can do isnt it? thanks for letting me know you have a GF. Puts one thing to bed at least.

Hard to read that as a serious complaint really. More like a sarcy attempt at humour.

Fair enough, you don't like the game. We got it. I'm pretty sure I speak for most people when I say there's no problem with listing honest complaits or issues you have with PES (which plenty of others have), but constant sniping or trolling, whatever you want to call it, is there really any need for that? Just not sure who that benefits? Maybe just you? Perhaps you get a kick out of winding people up?

Fair enough. Knock yourself out, I'm sorry you don't seem to have anything better to do.

Everyone here is experienced with arguing on the internet and thus appreciates how easy it is to rile someone up the wrong way by making sweeping, immature statements. I guess it depends what you want an internet forum for. Personally, I'd like this place to be a good spot to talk about Pro Evo, good and bad, rather than some kiddy bun fight like it rapidly seems to be descending into. I think everyone here could just do with taking a deep breath and reminding themselves why they post here in the first place and whether it's really worth stirring shit up just for the sake of it.

Now play nice kids. :BYE:

Joystick see Jimmys recent post as another example of what the post you quoted was about.

Its all ive been getting.

I dont understand football, i dont understand the game. Insulting really.

Cheers man.

And whilst im at it seeing as ive bloody bought the game and gave it a thorough go i can post what i bloody well like as much as those that gush like a schoolgirl everytime they turn on their consoles. Thats what a community is about.

Also heres my unreasonable troll post, according to Jimmy g socks.

The only reason you cant quickly by pass the midfield in Pes is because the cpu wont let you. Not because it defends well, but because the game is restricted. Your players cant move fast enough or put the ball where you want it to. As i said the game lets you play it but on its terms not yours.

Also i need to pick you up on a few points.

You claim that you were pushed off the ball with over aggression without a freekick in Fifa. In Fifa ive seen freekicks for barges, high feet, clumsy tackles and the like. In pes ive been sawn in half without no free kick. The slide tackling is also completely hit and miss and someone like Gerrard for example cant seem to outrun a slower paced players.

Jimmy i read your posts on evo web and respect that you love Pes, but it aint the second coming and the stuff you level at Fifa is even worse in Pes.

Player individuality? Where is it in Pes? Do you mean cosmetically? Tell me where the individuality is? I'll give you the fact it looks like the players at a distance compared to fifa, as i think the graphics on Pes far outweight fifas. But thats it.

It cant be in movement because the a.i isnt intelligent enough. It cant be in dribbling and moving with the ball because again the a.i is weak in that area and you cant dribble to any great degree, especially since the touted 360 degree movement is hardly noticeable.

Is it the shooting? Well no because ive scored a 35 yarder with Kuyt as many times as i have with Gerrard.

Is it with pace? Only Messi has an abundance of pace. Torres is only slightly faster than Kuyt and Gerarrd, well forget it, he shows none of his traits of strength, speed and power.

Or are you talking about editing? Where you can edit celebrations etc?

Also teams are different? How? What? When? Explain in great detail? Ive been banging out games on Pes for a week and every team plays the same, EVERY TEAM. On pro all they do is keep it between the back and midfield, pass, pass, pass. They will then shift it to the wings and cross. The higher teams will do the same with a slight emphasis on attack on the wings and do it faster. But thats not great individuality is it? Its not a long ball game. Its not a defensive game. or a passing game.

Ive not seen one long range effort.

Ive not hardly seen any clever movement or play.

Ive not seen any clever through balls.

Ive not seen a team swarm forward and bombard the box.

So you tell me where is the individuality that gets thrown around with such abandon in these forums because i think you guys are seeing things, no seriously.

On Ps2 i'd give you all the points you tout, pes was superb, it was groundbreaking and its still played on that platform today. But i honestly think you are deluding yourselves into thinking the game is better than it is, because it honestly isnt. And dont come out with any pish about opinions, its about getting the next gen game we deserve as pes fans of the past. I dont even want a game matching the ps2 era, i want a game that goes beyond that with the technology Konami has to play with.

Its why i bought next gen consoles. Its why things move on. Its why we are watching dvd and blu-ray and not betamax and vhs.

its not a spoilt rant its technology, and it moves on and supposedly is supposed to improve and in three years i see no improvement.

In fact i'd argue that Pes has lost more than its gained since its transition from last gen.

Joystick see Jimmys recent post as another example of what the post you quoted was about.

Its all ive been getting.

I dont understand football, i dont understand the game. Insulting really.

Well, fair enough. That is out of order and frankly a bit beneath you, Jim.

I don't really think levelling a knowledge of football is a reasonable argument for appreciating a game. Perhaps if one of us were a Premiership manager it would carry a bit more weight, but even then it's a bit dismissive and arrogant.

But then so is endless trolling. Call me an idealist but I really don't see why it's beyond people to discuss what they like and don't like without getting petty and personal. Just rise above. Arguing on the internet is a serious waste of time.

Perhaps I'm just being a bit of a wet idealist but I value peoples opinions on here, it's the only reason I still come, but it bores me to tears to read "he said she said" bickering. As I said, EVERYONE should just take a bit of a deep breath and remember why you bother to log on here in the first place.

Ok then, get your arse over to the official feedback forums at Pesfan, Pesgaming or WENB and tell all of your thoughts to the people that matter. Konami do not read these forums as far as I'm aware.

Now, can we have a nice chat about PES?

Ok then, get your arse over to the official feedback forums at Pesfan, Pesgaming or WENB and tell all of your thoughts to the people that matter. Konami do not read these forums as far as I'm aware.

Now, can we have a nice chat about PES?

Well fair point. but im pretty sure they read these forums, pretty sure.

Well, fair enough. That is out of order and frankly a bit beneath you, Jim.

Fair enough, but if you play with fire, you have to expect to get burnt now and again. He's a serial troll, lets not forget that.

The fact I think he knows nothing about football is my opinion. Whether I'm right or wrong is open to debate. Either way, that's my last post on this matter.

Back
Top Bottom