PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

I have to agree with the unassisted bit, the CPU constantly is intruding and making decisions for you without your consent.

This usually happens in close situations where there are two/three players close to each other, we're to switching to the player we want but while that happens the CPU takes over messes up things.

They need to bring back the Manual bar ala PS2, where you can choose the level of assistance you want.

Well the cpu scored a rebound for me the other day.

Theres lots of this game that are great, if only they had worked on the stuff that matters this would be an amazing game. Ive tried to ignore the clunkiness but its very hard. I hit a first time sot with Alonso yesterday that was so hard and fast that the game camera couldnt catch it. It went wide but i didnt know until i saw the replay.

The Game is really starting to piss me off.

The Referees are destroying the Game when im getting kicked down on every Attack and nothing happens but then they give Freekicks in Midfield for nothing ... this is so bad, what have they been thinking here? I really wanna punch something now cause its pisses me off so much.

Guys.In the PC PES 2010 servers are speaking , different processors that are the reason the Online Mode is so unstable and drop from the match . In the lobbies have rooms with names " AMD vs AMD " or " Intel vs Intel " and most strange is that .. this works .
How far is it logical? And whether by Konami will be able to fix it !?

why are you asking this in the full game impression thread for xbox / ps3?

The Game is really starting to piss me off.

The Referees are destroying the Game when im getting kicked down on every Attack and nothing happens but then they give Freekicks in Midfield for nothing ... this is so bad, what have they been thinking here? I really wanna punch something now cause its pisses me off so much.

Go play fifa where ref are much worse....No wait a second...i am charlie not jimmie, i must be confused....

the 360* movement system is broken. it only works while attacking (on the ball), off the ball movement is still 8-directions, that's why defending pisses me off coz when my defender change direction even only 45* the speed is dramatically decreased.

oh, and the passing is still 8-direction

and the tricks, it's humanly impossible to be done with analog stick, especially when you run in 5* or 10* (ie to do step over you must press the stick 5* then 95*)

What console are you playing on? I use analogue on Xbox 360 and the 360 dribbling is constant, regardless of whether you are on or off the ball.

Just wondering is the PC Version better graphically than the console versions or is their not much (if at all) between them. Saw it today on the PC and it looked pretty gorgeous.

Im pretty excited about PES 2011, I might pick up 2010 at bargain price but if they really put a shift in to the game play next year it could become a very good game.

How to do to join?

Is anyone having issues with the positioning of their strikers? I'm playing a possesion influenced formation with Modric playing behind a striker, the striker tends to drop into midfield too often.

This leads to situations where Luka has the ball but I have to hold onto it for a tiny bit longer because I have to wait for the striker to get into the right zone. Instead of the striker being ahead of me, he is side by side almost.

Is anyone having issues with the positioning of their strikers? I'm playing a possesion influenced formation with Modric playing behind a striker, the striker tends to drop into midfield too often.

This leads to situations where Luka has the ball but I have to hold onto it for a tiny bit longer because I have to wait for the striker to get into the right zone. Instead of the striker being ahead of me, he is side by side almost.

Have you tried lowering your compactness sliders and increasing your player support slider ?

I've lowered the player support slider, I'll test lowering the compactness slider, cheers

The difference is clear already :))

Last edited:
I've lowered the player support slider, I'll test lowering the compactness slider, cheers

The difference is clear already :))

How about your on-the-fly mentality (the meter is at the left of the name bar) by holding :l2: + pressing :r1: to increase your attacking mentality or holding :l2: + pressing :r2: to decrease the mentality and defend more. I found that my SS really come up and support you on orange and red and make runs off your CF.

I love all the on-the-fly tactics you can use with :l2: combinations. Having the best time on a football game in years in League mode with Tottenham. PES is well and truly back for me, love it!

Didn't realise that you could change the mentality on the fly, nice.

Didn't realise that you could change the mentality on the fly, nice.

Neither did I ? :CONFUSE:

Matt has eaten the instruction manual I think, it's been fully digested.:SNACK:

I didnt even know about using R2 to make a player run after the pass until he informed me on here. Now I'm using it all the time, to great effect.

Good show Matthew, bravo old bean. :APPLAUD:

I have never played a football game as good as this. I beat my best mate last 6 times, all 15 minute games. He was Chelsea and I was Stoke City. It's the first PES game in a long time that the best footballing player wins.

I love it. :WORSHIP:

make sure your CF is attacking card not balanced or def

maybe it was wrong

its since, hm i think ever whit this on the fly guys :D
+ u can set strategy A and B on L2 + X(or whatever button)
like A a more offense strategy and B more def.
on the fly too

Hmm even I knew about the mentality triggers and I haven't played PES for years :LOL:

PES 2010 is a good game, sure. But best football game ever? No. SWOS will always hold that title, I'll never put in as much time into a football game as I did for that.

I'm considering getting PES for the PS3 this weekend, just for the ease of using option files. The 360 is just too fiddly having to disconnect HDD's and a risk of being banned from XBL for it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure your CF is attacking card not balanced or def

maybe it was wrong

its since, hm i think ever whit this on the fly guys :D
+ u can set strategy A and B on L2 + X(or whatever button)
like A a more offense strategy and B more def.
on the fly too

Yep L2 + X is very good at pushing everyone forward aswell. You can set up attacking down certain wings aswell if you're finding the play is a little narrow and don't want to have to keep jumping in and out of the menus.

For example; yesterday in my League I was playing away against Chelsea, down 3-0 at half time so set my tactics up to try and mount a comeback. Put Bentley and Lennon on the wing with Defoe and Keane tight in the middle; had :l2: and :square: set as left wing attack, :l2: and :x: as all out attack and :l2: + :triangle: as counter attack. Basically just used my on-the-fly tactics mainly using left wing attack, counter attack and quick mentality meter. Had about 7 attempts on goal in the end completely cutting up Ashley Cole and Bosingwa with Lennon and Bentley and managed to tie it 3-3. Was one of my proudest tactical moments :LOL:.

@Jimmy - :LOL: I know, I really took my time and learned the manual this time round. I did know about the tactical on-the-fly things previously but have really sat down and took my time learning this game. It's been well worth it so far.

I noticed from my first game that a lot strikers attack level card is set to balanced, don't understand that decision by Konami.

i have trouble to find my team
i play 4-4-2 whit a DMF, CMF, two SMFs, a SS and a CF
i want to play more a possesion game whit short passes, more holland/argentina style

smaller teams i found already like fiorentina and bordeaux

but not a big one, for some online ranking games 2v2

any suggestions ?

edit:
i want a CMF whit good passes and passing card

Last edited:
Hmm even I knew about the mentality triggers and I haven't played PES for years :LOL:

PES 2010 is a good game, sure. But best football game ever? No. SWOS will always hold that title, I'll never put in as much time into a football game as I did for that.

I'm considering getting PES for the PS3 this weekend, just for the ease of using option files. The 360 is just too fiddly having to disconnect HDD's and a risk of being banned from XBL for it as well.

I remember getting the SWOS demo and hammering my Amiga, day and night. I picked up the full retail (copy) on Christmas Day from a friend of mine, what a Christmas that was. :LOL:

Legendary game.:WORSHIP:

PS3 is the way to go Dags, the chants alone are worth the purchase, never mind the kits.

I'm surprised by that Jimmy. That's been in PES (& ISS) for as long as I can remember.

My bad. :COAT:

I'm getting PES tomorrow bitches

Happy days mate. ;)

the 360* movement system is broken. it only works while attacking (on the ball), off the ball movement is still 8-directions, that's why defending pisses me off coz when my defender change direction even only 45* the speed is dramatically decreased.

oh, and the passing is still 8-direction

and the tricks, it's humanly impossible to be done with analog stick, especially when you run in 5* or 10* (ie to do step over you must press the stick 5* then 95*)

Off the ball movement for me is definitely not in 8 directions, it makes defending better as your player can move in more directions.

Admittedly sometimes you have to occasionally super cancel but on the whole the game feels more 'free-er' than it used to because of the 360 (or pseudo-360) movement.

In old pes i would often turn autotactics and autosubs on so i would just enjoy playing it without any pause.

i think the entire team managment should be done without pausing the game like in some other sport games. I always find pausing the game very boring, you should be able to sub a player on the fly especially since there are so many dead time due to cutscene that can be used for that.

lads, so i can use patches on my 360... BUT have a ps3 as well, i only have one controller on my ps3 and dont plan on anymore.. Do you guys see patches out for the 360 yet?

lads, so i can use patches on my 360... BUT have a ps3 as well, i only have one controller on my ps3 and dont plan on anymore.. Do you guys see patches out for the 360 yet?

PESfan are releasing an Xbox 360 patch very shortly with all the kits, emblems, transfers, etc etc done. There will be no chants though, but it will have Championship teams on it. You will need data cable and a Xbox 360 memory card to transfer it all over. Much easier on the PS3.

PESfan are releasing an Xbox 360 patch very shortly with all the kits, emblems, transfers, etc etc done. There will be no chants though, but it will have Championship teams on it. You will need data cable and a Xbox 360 memory card to transfer it all over. Much easier on the PS3.

Or you can use the official Hard Drive Data Transfer Kit cable as well.

Back
Top Bottom