PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

I could slate Fifa 10 no problem
And you already have. So I wouldn't be a hypocrite. Besides that, he's giving positives and negatives, he's putting his points across, he's played the game and he's adding his opinion to the feedback thread. On a forum, where everyone says what they think. Which is the whole idea. Would you have preferred him to say PES IZ SHIT M8 and left it at that? It's not like he hasn't played it and it's not like he's talking rubbish.

Never mind, you come on here to say you like Fifa better, you've done that (well done) without even giving PES a chance. The game is supposed to feel different, it is supposed to take a few touches to control the ball, to make it feel more realistic compared to the previous arcade versions.

I could slate Fifa 10 no problem, but its a waste of time and energy, I know what game I prefer, so I wont be popping into the Fifa thread anymore, we now know which game you prefer so why dont you stay in Fifa land.

:OOOH:

Give it a chance? I've played PES since the ISS days, it's had chances and I know what a good PES plays like.

Why so defensive? I came in here, gave my impression and that's it. Or does it offend you to see anything but positive posts in here? I thought your posts about the heading (and you made your point more than once) were pretty negative, didn't see anyone telling you to stay in "PES land" :LOL:

It's the impressions thread, not the "Only post here if you like this game" thread. Behave, lad :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were fantastic days, I've wasted more time editing those buggers than actually playing them. I also remember that X-Port device driving me nuts! But yeah, sweet old memories, I've never enjoyed the series more than I did then.

Here's a lovely souvenir I just found on the net.

=================================
------------ Evo-Web ------------
Winning Eleven 8 Option File Save
---- for Xport and MAX Drive ----
=================================
====
v1.0
====

Features
----------
99.5 % English names (missing some players from Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and a few bonus players)
Stadium names
Transfers - as many as we could do
English team names
Double players for Holland, Germany, Czech Republic replaced
Kits for Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Bayern
Everything unlocked in WEN shop
Compatible with slpm file

Download here

Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0_Xport.zip (X-Port version)

Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0_MAX.zip (MAX Drive version)

Known Issues
----------------

Player numbers are a bit messed up
Some Japanese player names remain

How to use
-------------

Refer to the user instructions that came with the X-Port/SharkPort or MAX Drive for details on how to transfer the save to your memory card.

Please note that this will replace any other WE8 option file you may have saved so unlocks, WEN etc. will be lost.

MAX Drive users, remember to uncrush the file once it has been copied to your memory card.

Once complete, boot up WE8 with your memory card inserted and that's it.

Feedback
-----------

If you find any errors or have any suggestions to improve the option file, please
do not hesitate to post feedback in this thread!

Where to download
----------------------

The latest version of this option file will be found exclusively at:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk
http://www.showusmiracle.com

You can be sure that the file you download from these two sites will be the latest and
greatest Smile.

Credits
--------

Antiz - Player names, transfers, double players, stadium names, team names
Kezz (haha!) - Player names, team names, stadium names, transfers
Leviathan - Player names, German transfers
MrCoopz - Player names, Premiership formations and lineups
Woosoki - Kits
Mart - Hosting, readme, love and support

Thanks
--------

All of the people on Evo-Web.

Legal(ish)
-----------

Please don't host this option file on another site, we are trying to keep the file
hosted on specific sites to ensure everyone gets the latest version and to ease
updating with future versions.

If you'd like to use it as a base for your own project please let us know.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

:)

There was a photo somewhere of the flags i edited from the in game editor but i think they have been lost forever :(

Its good what we all did and will fondly be remembered along with the palace that was Turban place :LOL:

In slow-mo this game on par with madden10 for graphics.1000 times better than 2009 and when you stick it on wide cam it's just like old WE/PES.This game for me can put the last few years to bed and with weather and other animations to come i think we are in for a treat.For a demo it is what it is.OK.

Thats positive Pep:))

just downloading now and from what I have seen it looks superb. I'll get use to response over time and i am sure the final game will have improved it anyway so all's good in my world at the moment.

Jesus been downloading for 30 mins and we are at 10% zzzzzzzzzzzzz

going for a golf lesson in about an hour so it may speed up as the servers cool off.

Sorry - what level football were they watching when they designed the 180 turning?

Run, run, turn 180 degrees, cup of tea, dribble.. then start running It would be one thing if I was sprinting down the wing, but.. wha?

Last edited:
The game and sounds look and sound good. But the overall gameplay is just pathetic. The game is very slow, it almost takes 1 full second after you press a button before the player performs that action.

They need to fix the delayed button response as this is the biggest con at this moment. But perhaps they've implemented the delayed responsiveness as a way to make the game slower thus "better".

Other folks I've heard said that this demo comes from an older build. If that's the case, Konami really killed their PES-franchise as the demo is make or break time for most buyers.

And you already have. So I wouldn't be a hypocrite. Besides that, he's giving positives and negatives, he's putting his points across, he's played the game and he's adding his opinion to the feedback thread. On a forum, where everyone says what they think. Which is the whole idea. Would you have preferred him to say PES IZ SHIT M8 and left it at that? It's not like he hasn't played it and it's not like he's talking rubbish.

We are talking about this year's version, previous versions don't count for jack shit. Do you think playing 2 games warrants enough time to start slagging it, to me that shows someone is a little too eager to start rubbishing it.

Oh and on the subject of Fifa, and being a hypocrite, sorry wrong, I at least gave Fifa a week or more before I said what I don't like, and said hopefully they will correct it. At the moment I prefer one (demo) more than the other, but that could change. I will be checking out the full reviews when they are available. Because I love footy, not brands, I will buy both if they are both worthy, but I just don't see the point of playing a game twice and then coming up with a list of faults or things I dont like, totally meaningless.

I just don't see the point of playing a game twice and then coming up with a list of faults or things I dont like, totally meaningless.
The faults that he's mentioned don't go away though, it's not like he needs to get used to the game and then the response times will get twice as fast. You either think the response times are realistic, or you don't. They don't get any better and there's no secret button combination to fix it. I don't see the harm in saying what you don't like after two games, especially if you actually say your opinion is based on two games. I've played it for three hours and my opinions that I posted after an hour are still the ones I have now. But that doesn't stop you liking the game, each to his own - I just think it was unfair to single him out when he's done nothing wrong.

He wasn't trolling - nobody likes trolling, you should have a go at them instead. ;)

Last edited:
They need to fix the delayed button response as this is the biggest con at this moment. But perhaps they've implemented the delayed responsiveness as a way to make the game slower thus "better".

The problem with the responsiveness is that it happens at all the wrong time. If you compare the other game, when the ball is a long way away from the feet, it takes longer, and when it's closer, it happens faster.

In this it just seems generally slow.

I would love to say good things about this game but the more i play the more awful it is

The first touches are horrendous so you cant have any flowing football, when you have the ball there is no flow to the players they jerk and zig zag all over the shop

There's loads more faults as well but i'm sure most of you can see everything i can so i wont go on

I played demo on PC and on Xbox 360 today. Response time is not good but thats just demo u know so ...
Graphic is great. Movement of players is a lot better than PES 2009 but still not as good as FIFA has, FIFA has also a lot more moves in game if u know what I mean.
-first thing what I realized playing demo was that I miss FIFA passing, passing on Pro evo is so scripted and all u can do is press button or press button a liitle longer, pass not always goes where u want to, I miss that loading bar for pass and through pass very much, Konami should implement this in the game.
- i miss that FIFA "right stick move" when u receive ball and u can just "throw" ball in to empty space with first touch, u can do it with R1 on PES but it doesnt simply feel that great.
- I miss stamina bar for running, I dont know but here u take Messi and u simply run and run, the result on PES is that u run out of stammina sooner or later thats it, but on FIFA u have that "running" stamina bar and if u make long run u have to wait for recovery, something that Konami really should implement in to the game.
- colission system and body to body battling is poor compared to FIFA game, they have to do something with this.
- i miss that button R1 or RB as it is on FIFA - u have ball and u want your player without ball to make a run if he is not runnig already :-), so u press RB or R1 and he runs :-), on PES if player automaticly doesnt run than u can do nothing about it, also needs to be implemented in the game.
- last thing - tricks , i always wanted , when i was playing ISS, or PES on PS 2 more tricks , marsel. roullete and stepover is simply not enough anymore.

PES 2010 demo looks great football game however, and I really have fun playing it, u can name any aspect of the game and its better then PES 2009 ( yes even the keepers are better, however they are still doing some crazy mistakes ), they finally made really good job on this game, but this is how PES 2008 should look like, they lost 2 years and FIFA is ahead now, but KOnami has great potential, if they continue listening to fans feedback we can expect great things with PES 2011. I ll probably buy PES 2010 for PC pňand play mainly become a legend, but they need to work hard to beat the "other" game on next gen. Sorry to mention that "other" game in my post but u simply cant avoid comparing those two titles, thats the way it is nowadays.

So is the responsiveness supposed to be like this or is it actually a bug in the game? I struggle to get to grips with controlling the ball then dribbling in the middle of the park so instead I just pass it straight away now

The problem with the responsiveness is that it happens at all the wrong time. If you compare the other game, when the ball is a long way away from the feet, it takes longer, and when it's closer, it happens faster.

In this it just seems generally slow.

It really is like you said. Plus it forces you to play one-touch football which is so unrealistic.

And one more con, the face of Torres... it looks like he's been beaten-up by 5 macho guys just before the match

The faults that he's mentioned don't go away though, it's not like he needs to get used to the game and then the response times will get twice as fast. You either think the response times are realistic, or you don't. They don't get any better and there's no secret button combination to fix it. I don't see the harm in saying what you don't like after two games, especially if you actually say your opinion is based on two games. I've played it for three hours and my opinions that I posted after an hour are still the ones I have now. But that doesn't stop you liking the game, each to his own - I just think it was unfair to single him out when he's done nothing wrong.

He wasn't trolling - nobody likes trolling, you should have a go at them instead. ;)

I am sure if I had listed a load of faults of your beloved Fifa after playing 2 games, at the very least I would have expected someone to say 'give it a chance' especially when its clear Konami are going for a more realistic game of footy this year, hence why it feels a lot different.

I don't like it and I won't comment in here again about it, so good luck to those who do.

Oh and on the subject of Fifa, and being a hypocrite, sorry wrong, I at least gave Fifa a week or more before I said what I don't like, and said hopefully they will correct it.

A week? Really? That's interesting as it's only been out for one week ...

Sorry Urban, was sticking up for somebody who was being treated like a troll. I meant to say I won't post in here with specific demo impressions again. :)

Played a few games earlier, and while it seems to be the best PES for next gen consoles it is still behind fifa. This is what PES 2008 should of been not 2010.

Also, I experienced a bad "auto" move where the computer actually auto shot and scored for me after a goalmouth scramble, where I didnt press shoot at all!

i was just wondering why people are fighting over demo's i just dont understand why and the other thing i dont understand is how some people think their opinion is more important than others please cut out the crap and enjoy the game you want to enjoy i switched to fifa but that doesn't mean i dont want pes to be good i grew up on pes but prefer fifa now i havent played the demo yet as psn just uploaded it but whats the point of having a feed back thread if you get shot down for any negative comments ???

Played a few games earlier, and while it seems to be the best PES for next gen consoles it is still behind fifa. This is what PES 2008 should of been not 2010.

Also, I experienced a bad "auto" move where the computer actually auto shot and scored for me after a goalmouth scramble, where I didnt press shoot at all!

Exactly ! This is what I wrote in my post, this is really great PES game , but still behind FIFA cause this is how PES 2008 should look like, now we would have great game !

ditto! now what's to like at this game:

shooting ain't that bad, graphics look nice besides some facial expressions, sounds are good. wonder if the commentary will be of same quality (I bet not). and the tactical system looks very well implemented.

And my final remark, where on the last-gen, fifa was always the better in graphics while failing in gameplay. on the current-gen, the roles have turned. fifa is better gameplaywise, while PES has the better graphics. The best example is this: fifa old-gen had scripted passing, scripted keeping, etc. while now pes has all that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom