PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

cutback in real life is a complicated move....you need to pass the full back either with a great inside pass or a precise long ball...and then even if succesfull you have the centre back (and sometimes the keeper) closing down the gap pretty fast. Not too mention ur winger and midfielders try to intercept the first pass.

Keep on topic :p

In all seriousness, you and Iceman Bergkamp made Pro so much better for me!!!

Thank you!

Those were fantastic days, I've wasted more time editing those buggers than actually playing them. I also remember that X-Port device driving me nuts! But yeah, sweet old memories, I've never enjoyed the series more than I did then.

Here's a lovely souvenir I just found on the net.

=================================
------------ Evo-Web ------------
Winning Eleven 8 Option File Save
---- for Xport and MAX Drive ----
=================================
====
v1.0
====

Features
----------
99.5 % English names (missing some players from Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and a few bonus players)
Stadium names
Transfers - as many as we could do
English team names
Double players for Holland, Germany, Czech Republic replaced
Kits for Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Bayern
Everything unlocked in WEN shop
Compatible with slpm file

Download here

Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0_Xport.zip (X-Port version)

Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0_MAX.zip (MAX Drive version)

Known Issues
----------------

Player numbers are a bit messed up
Some Japanese player names remain

How to use
-------------

Refer to the user instructions that came with the X-Port/SharkPort or MAX Drive for details on how to transfer the save to your memory card.

Please note that this will replace any other WE8 option file you may have saved so unlocks, WEN etc. will be lost.

MAX Drive users, remember to uncrush the file once it has been copied to your memory card.

Once complete, boot up WE8 with your memory card inserted and that's it.

Feedback
-----------

If you find any errors or have any suggestions to improve the option file, please
do not hesitate to post feedback in this thread!

Where to download
----------------------

The latest version of this option file will be found exclusively at:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk
http://www.showusmiracle.com

You can be sure that the file you download from these two sites will be the latest and
greatest Smile.

Credits
--------

Antiz - Player names, transfers, double players, stadium names, team names
Kezz (haha!) - Player names, team names, stadium names, transfers
Leviathan - Player names, German transfers
MrCoopz - Player names, Premiership formations and lineups
Woosoki - Kits
Mart - Hosting, readme, love and support

Thanks
--------

All of the people on Evo-Web.

Legal(ish)
-----------

Please don't host this option file on another site, we are trying to keep the file
hosted on specific sites to ensure everyone gets the latest version and to ease
updating with future versions.

If you'd like to use it as a base for your own project please let us know.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

Been playing the PC version using a PS3 pad, and in short, I am a PES to FIFA convert (converted to FIFA 09 after dysmal PES2008) who is now a PES to FIFA to PES convert. It's just really fun and yards better than the last two PES games.

My humble thoughts:

1) GORGEOUS graphics. Lightyears ahead of FIFA.
2) Meh old-gen-ish animations. Players' feet are sliding on the grass, movement could stutter and interrupt unnaturally, due to the lack of foot planting or a next-gen animations engine (like Inverse Kinematics).
3) Too fast, but it's a July build (nets gave it away) so that's understandable.

Arbeloa just scored an own goal (AI were Liverpool), in the replay the ball clearly makes no contact with the player at all and it bounced off some kind of forcefield, nice :)

Played my first game.

- Response is shockingly bad. I want to pass the ball, not take an extra three touches before letting it go.
- 360 degree movement? Really? Maybe I have an older build...
- I asked to pass to a player at 5 o'clock, it passed to the player at 2 o'clock
- Why can't the player turn effortlessly instead of feeling like he has to shift a ton of bricks to make a turn?

+ Player switching is great, very quick and knows who to select, good stuff.
+ Heavier ball does feel better to hit when shooting
+ Graphics look pretty good and preferred to FIFA in general.

Overall impression is that it's miles better than 2009 was, but not even remotely close to FIFA 10 I'm afraid.

I'll give it more games, but I'm not confident my thoughts will improve.

Edit: Second game over. The players feel like I'm trying to turn a tank, dribbling is horrible. Lost count of how many times I tried to pass the ball and it carried on the animation. And with regards to animations, where's the flow? Everything looks and feels so stop-start, too many sharp movements, no smoothness or flow to anything.

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe Tom. That happened to me as well a few times on PES2009. Since then I've always been caution to release RT when passing back to the goalie, and pressing it(RT) again once he gets a touch on the ball.

Yeah thats why konami Keep telling us every year its gonna be Different this year :) and also Adam

i cant stand this really :OOOH:

This is different to me, has never happened in my 11 months of playing PES09. Not excactly a change to the better, though... I'm sure it will be fixed in the full game.

The og seems the typical case of autoRT....which is just one the many autos...autosidestepping, autotackles, autohandballs....

In a way it is fun to have unpredictable AI behaviour....in a way....

Still not sure about the response times, seems a little hit and miss. Fine for the first touch, slight delay with the X pass when moving, and big delay with the 1'2's. But it seems to differ from player to player. Guess this is what Adam said was sorted in his code.

This is the Torres control Zee, you notice this type of technique massively with the better players. Lovely balance and brilliant 1st touch.

YouTube - Torres Touch

In slow-mo this game on par with madden10 for graphics.1000 times better than 2009 and when you stick it on wide cam it's just like old WE/PES.This game for me can put the last few years to bed and with weather and other animations to come i think we are in for a treat.For a demo it is what it is.OK.

Still not sure about the response times, seems a little hit and miss. Fine for the first touch, slight delay with the X pass when moving, and big delay with the 1'2's. But it seems to differ from player to player. Guess this is what Adam said was sorted in his code.

This is the Torres control Zee, you notice this type of technique massively with the better players. Lovely balance and brilliant 1st touch.

YouTube - Torres Touch

His foot is only 30 cm away from the ball when he takes it with him but I guess that's why he's such a good player.

Played my first game.

- Response is shockingly bad. I want to pass the ball, not take an extra three touches before letting it go.
- 360 degree movement? Really? Maybe I have an older build...
- I asked to pass to a player at 5 o'clock, it passed to the player at 2 o'clock
- Why can't the player turn effortlessly instead of feeling like he has to shift a ton of bricks to make a turn?

+ Player switching is great, very quick and knows who to select, good stuff.
+ Heavier ball does feel better to hit when shooting
+ Graphics look pretty good and preferred to FIFA in general.

Overall impression is that it's miles better than 2009 was, but not even remotely close to FIFA 10 I'm afraid.

I'll give it more games, but I'm not confident my thoughts will improve.

Edit: Second game over. The players feel like I'm trying to turn a tank, dribbling is horrible. Lost count of how many times I tried to pass the ball and it carried on the animation. And with regards to animations, where's the flow? Everything looks and feels so stop-start, too many sharp movements, no smoothness or flow to anything.

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

Never mind, you come on here to say you like Fifa better, you've done that (well done) without even giving PES a chance. The game is supposed to feel different, it is supposed to take a few touches to control the ball, to make it feel more realistic compared to the previous arcade versions.

I could slate Fifa 10 no problem, but its a waste of time and energy, I know what game I prefer, so I wont be popping into the Fifa thread anymore, we now know which game you prefer so why dont you stay in Fifa land.

Back
Top Bottom