PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Why's that?

it's illegal in the whole world they say as no developers/publishers have sold renting licenses to those who rent out games.

if you ask me it's a big pile of bs. I rent a lot of games in the past to check if I like it and then I bought it.

oh well, if our government can't tax something, they ban it. plain simple :p

would've loved to try out the full PES before I bought it :(

My impressions are;

Players more lifelike in appearance than Fifa.
Lighting in the stadium is a bit better than fifa
Replays and Half time highlights are much better than Fifa, really miss how PES does this.
Like the shots, but they are assisted.

But Gameplay is the key word for me.

I really can't see how anybody that has played Fifa on Manual settings can go back to playing PES the way it is. Fifa on Manual is so free, it takes ALOT of time to get used to, but it is worth it.

PES just feels so restrictive. It feels so assisted and I don't feel fully in control with my players.

If I had never played Fifa on Manual, then I would probably have a high regard for the game. But I just feel like I am Handcuffed, I can't do what I want.

There are alot of problems with Fifa, But I feel I can play a better game of football with Fifa and have more control.

PES has a lot in its favour and I wish that Fifa would take some of the elements from PES. But overall, gameplay wise it is like going back in time a few years and we shouldn't be going back. Maybe PES needs a Manual setting or a better implemented one, then I might like the next installment :DD

I will give it a few more plays and see if I am wrong :)).......but I doubt it.

(Small print: these are just my opinions. So don't go all mental)

Yeah it's your boy Suff & the pes messiah Adam on the mic,kids in tv land, your being duped........again

I like those guys but that made me lol.

Come on guys it's hard for them. What are they meant to say?

My impressions from playing today:

+ Graphics are stellar. The best player models I've ever seen in a game. The faces beat any sports game out this generation.

+ The new animations are great and realistic.

+ The shooting has real weight to it. It's really satisfying to score.

+ Still has the best celebrations in the business.

+ Goal nets are fluid and very inviting to whack the ball into.

+ Goal Keepers are real shot-stoppers in this game.

+ Heading has "oomph".

+ Konami have gone above and beyond with the player cards and tactics. You can tweak absolutely everything tactically and it's effective on the field.

+ Player AI has improved. Players make interesting runs now and defensively they cover better and are more aware.

+ Great music, finally!

+ Simple and easy to use menue. I like the star players from each team posing before the match. Nice touch.

- Gameplay is rigid. Passing with a pass gauge seems automated.

- Player movement is disjointed with transition animations apparently absent. Ruins the beautiful models.

- Response times are tragic. This has nothing to do with realism and controlling the ball. Some players are taking a few steps before even thinking of passing after i press the button. For me this is the biggest faux par. Konami's franchise is built on the responsiveness of the passing and dribbling. Once that is gone you're left not trusting the controls sadly.

- Passing/Crossing/Shooting. The timing bar is very inconsistent. There isn't even a bar for passing so you may over hit many. Also with passing the ball, even though I'm aiming right at the guy can miss by as much as 90degrees at times. Another break in the trust I have in the games controls.

The passing overall feels a lot more automated. I feel like I'm messing a sem-auto option or something. I used to be sick with PES4/5/6 at passing and even on PES 2008 i could dink and curls balls where I wanted. I think we've lost a bit of freedom here. I hope I'm wrong.

The crossing bar, unexplainably has you over-hititng even the shortest of button presses...

- Running still looks awkward.

That's all the +/- i can think of at the mo.

Overall it reminds me of a graphically beautiful version of their next gen efforts. Even for a PES game, it's not that good in my opinion. The graphics are definitely blinding a lot of loyalists. The build-up to a goal just doesn't do it for me with this demo. I like the way your players are more aware though, and you can see Konami put lots of time into this, but I'd rather they nailed the game mechanics first. Beating a man should feel rewarding and it just doesn't. There's definitely a disconnect with the game due to repose time.

We must though, remember that this is a DEMO (as is Fifa) and therefore I will reserve final judgment on both until they drop. I have to say that after the initial "ZOMG @ DE GRAPHICS" I'm left a little underwhelmed with PES2010's demo. It has it's moments though.

( you can flame me now :LOL:).

edit: wow, bobbybox, i completely agree.

Interesting post from Adam at WENB

Adam said:
OK just played a match (way too short)

Like people anticipated code is old, reminds me of the code I had at 75% - but seems a tad sharper. Really bad response issues, these are so much better in the code I have. Secondly I've seen AI take over your player, this is non-existent in the 90% code. It was in the previous code I had, but not as common as this one short match in the demo!

Also, silly things players running away from throughballs are in the demo.

Anyone compare this to 360 code?

To be honest, I'm enjoying the demo a lot, so once the issues with responsiveness are sorted, I'll be a happy chappy :)

Just sign in the PSN store, and look in the top right corner for an icon with a magnifier lens on it, click there, write: PES 2010 and in the results you will find the demo...enjoy!

i cant find it:( i have 3 icons there, promotional code, transfer status, basket market

UK store only.

not true mate, I'm Italian, from Italy with an Italian PSN account and I'm downloading!

For the guy in Portugal, sorry mate, but I believe you have to wait the demo to show up in the recent updates, in some PSN store there is no possibility to search in the store, Portugal unfortunately is one of those country!

But I bet in Germany, France, Spain and so on the demo is already available, not only in UK

not true mate, I'm Italian, from Italy with an Italian PSN account and I'm downloading!

For the guy in Portugal, sorry mate, but I believe you have to wait the demo to show up in the recent updates, in some PSN store there is no possibility to search in the store, Portugal unfortunately is one of those country!

But I bet in Germany, France, Spain and so on the demo is already available, not only in UK[/QUO
d

dam:( and if i change the ps3 language or country?

it's got more stutter than this kid I used to go to school with!
Wank / 10

ahahahahahahaahahahahaha sad but true, the guy who is responsible for animation should get raped to death, its the most important factor for the gameplay, how could you make those nice passes/shoting if the animation look bad, it just ruins the whole game, its a pity cause the graphics are good, now after the game is being released, i am pretty sure there will be lag

But I bet in Germany, France, Spain and so on the demo is already available, not only in UK[/QUO
d

dam:( and if i change the ps3 language or country?

I live in Belgium and couldn't find the game as well.
Create a new user on your ps3, then go to playstation store and create a new ps network ID ( you need to have a second email adress)
Then choose country united kingdom and fill in the rest.
After that you can access the store for uk accounts

I didnt play any PES08 or 09 but just gave this a go. Played 1 game on top level. I was Barca v Liverpool. Lost 2-1. This game is swag. response times are a joke at times and i've seen milk turn quicker than some of the players. Dont give a damn what build it is. No way would I buy this game. The animations and laughable and whats with the ball on some of the ground passes. The game is Wack.

I like those guys but that made me lol.

Come on guys it's hard for them. What are they meant to say?

My impressions from playing today:

+ Graphics are stellar. The best player models I've ever seen in a game. The faces beat any sports game out this generation.

+ The new animations are great and realistic.

+ The shooting has real weight to it. It's really satisfying to score.

+ Still has the best celebrations in the business.

+ Goal nets are fluid and very inviting to whack the ball into.

+ Goal Keepers are real shot-stoppers in this game.

+ Heading has "oomph".

+ Konami have gone above and beyond with the player cards and tactics. You can tweak absolutely everything tactically and it's effective on the field.

+ Player AI has improved. Players make interesting runs now and defensively they cover better and are more aware.

+ Great music, finally!

+ Simple and easy to use menue. I like the star players from each team posing before the match. Nice touch.

- Gameplay is rigid. Passing with a pass gauge seems automated.

- Player movement is disjointed with transition animations apparently absent. Ruins the beautiful models.

- Response times are tragic. This has nothing to do with realism and controlling the ball. Some players are taking a few steps before even thinking of passing after i press the button. For me this is the biggest faux par. Konami's franchise is built on the responsiveness of the passing and dribbling. Once that is gone you're left not trusting the controls sadly.

- Passing/Crossing/Shooting. The timing bar is very inconsistent. There isn't even a bar for passing so you may over hit many. Also with passing the ball, even though I'm aiming right at the guy can miss by as much as 90degrees at times. Another break in the trust I have in the games controls.

The passing overall feels a lot more automated. I feel like I'm messing a sem-auto option or something. I used to be sick with PES4/5/6 at passing and even on PES 2008 i could dink and curls balls where I wanted. I think we've lost a bit of freedom here. I hope I'm wrong.

The crossing bar, unexplainably has you over-hititng even the shortest of button presses...

- Running still looks awkward.

That's all the +/- i can think of at the mo.

Overall it reminds me of a graphically beautiful version of their next gen efforts. Even for a PES game, it's not that good in my opinion. The graphics are definitely blinding a lot of loyalists. The build-up to a goal just doesn't do it for me with this demo. I like the way your players are more aware though, and you can see Konami put lots of time into this, but I'd rather they nailed the game mechanics first. Beating a man should feel rewarding and it just doesn't. There's definitely a disconnect with the game due to repose time.

We must though, remember that this is a DEMO (as is Fifa) and therefore I will reserve final judgment on both until they drop. I have to say that after the initial "ZOMG @ DE GRAPHICS" I'm left a little underwhelmed with PES2010's demo. It has it's moments though.

( you can flame me now :LOL:).

edit: wow, bobbybox, i completely agree.

This is my main niggle. But like I said its hit and miss. One touch passing is quick and responsive, but some of the players moving with the ball take too long. I sorted the 1/2 problem out though. Dont keep your hand on the button for so long.

On a different note. My other mate came over and I showed him Fifa 10 and had quite a good game. I actually enjoyed it. Shock, Horror. :LOL:

Only just downloaded it and all i feel like doing is crying.
PES on PS2 was one of my fav footy games after SWOS but I cant believe how shit clunky and bad pes feels these days.
I will play it for a few hours tonight and hopefully might have a few positives to say about it but so far i would rather play Matchday on the spectrum as it is more responsive.

PS3 version being played.

I honestly never expected to see so many negative comments today. Demo's usually do take a huge hit as people will always find faults. The full game will no doubt rectify a fair few of them, but it's still an annoyance. I'm currently downloading now on 360 so will have a play in an hour or so when I've got a bit more time.

From the videos, the graphics do look great, but there are some really awful AI moments. No doubt it will be a hell of a lot better Human vs Human, but there's always the goalkeepers to worry about and also PES used to be fantastic as a single player kickabout. We'll see.

Ps3 version is the worst of the 3.
Having played quite a bit on it now today over the 3 systems, I think PC is the best version.

Overall the demo suffers the same problems as the last 2 previous versions.

Players feel like they are sunday league - not world class, slow touch, defenders running 5 yards chasing a touch into their own net. Static AI leaving you to run clear. I am very dissapointed. 1 second to pass the ball. Every collision when you have the ball resulta in losing the ball where as the computer seems to ride it.

And the whistle sounds better on Italia 90 on the mega drive!

I could go on.

One thing I loved about the ps2 genration of the game was the "organic" feel to it. you had a real freedom of movement which has been missing for a few years now!

One plus, the graphics - especially on the PC are top notch this year - shame there is not much game to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom