PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Anyone played the 360 and PS3 version? If so what are you thoughts. I played it on the 360 today in my mates, and to me it seems a lot smoother, it doesn't seem to judder like it does sometimes in the PS3 version, its as if it has more animations.

Anyone played the 360 and PS3 version? If so what are you thoughts. I played it on the 360 today in my mates, and to me it seems a lot smoother, it doesn't seem to judder like it does sometimes in the PS3 version, its as if it has more animations.

it's laggy. I really hate the delayed responsiveness :(

ok here's my feedback, played PC version, will check PS3 demo later, first impressions :

TLDR - finally felt like proper PES and I liked it!

What's so good about it?

* Graphics - stunning, everything about it isabsolutely nextgen, player faces on closeup are so lifelike it's crazy ; more important thing is that pitch and gameplay camera (wide) look is also amazing, Konami really did a giant leap forward, honestly I never expected that, I'd lick my screen all the time if I could, 10/10:WORSHIP:

* The pace of the game is just right, feels almost like PES5. Sets the tone for the game, no more dumb runs with 1 guy (but there are exceptions, I will continue about this below).

* Running animation doesn't disturb me, feels ok which is important ; there are TONS of new animations (they didn't lie), passing, dribbling, shooting most of them very sublime and sometimes hard to spot but it's there - little touches of an artist :SMUG:

* Control is so so, could be better ; all of the animations with the ball are noticeably made slower, it's good it doesn't scream arcade anymore, but response times could be better, they are good only if you control superstar players (Messi comes to mind) ; one thing about running with the ball I like the most, you can't really push it between 2 defenders, it's easy to lose the ball like that (stealth nerf for dumb fucks online running with 1 player)

* Dribbling is more difficult than it was before but it's ok, especially if you control guys like Messi who can rip any defence anytime, I was SHOCKED that AI Messi managed to pull a trick and skin me hands down, it happened first time in series! I had to pause the game for a while, couldn't believe it.

* PES core is still here, so I instantly knew how to play it, no real need to relearn everything, I think tactics are something everyone will need to grasp and use - thet's the sweet spot of this edition

What's bad :

* response times on the ball,feels so slow at times, if that was needed to lose arcadish feel - I take it, but there's room for improvement

* can't find arrows in tactics for positioning, are they gone? if so - that sucks major balls because AI players are lazy when it comes to move off the ball, hopefully some 'cards' can replace it

* R2 control is nerfed as hell, still can use but it's weak

* cutbacks will reign again :PIRATE:

So overall, finally after two years of drought I can go to store and buy PES with no worries that I'll take it back week after. I can feel I'm so gonna play this whole year (IF online is fine) because quality is there, it's a step in right direction defo.

If you want FIFA vs PES comparison here you go - I'll buy both but the king starts with letter P. Mostly because limited freedom (in FIFA) is not my cup of tea.

Now here's hoping that online will be as good as in PES6, if it is - future is bright.

Last edited:
feel my pain fella's, I'm still at 75% and been downloading since 5:30. My golf lesson went well in the meantime, making great strides there:))

@ Lami...positive report my friend so looking forward to it even more. I am keeping an open mind with not too much expectation of it being a PES5 beater, but if it's close with all that gloss then I will be thrilled.

Great to hear some +ve feedback;)

Dr Force sorry to hear about your situation. It took me about 3-4hrs to download the 1027mb on my ps3.

MARK MY WORD THIS GAME WILL BE A HIT WHEN THE FINAL VERSION IS OUT. The responsiveness can throw you off a bit and player touches as well but like Jimmy said and i noticed that as well, the responsiveness tends to differ player by player. So far it has been a smooth sailing for me. Jeez the shooting is off the chain boy. A shot with Ibrahimovic, Villa from 20-30 yards are outta of this world.

I can't wait for the retail copy. Right now i am more worried about when game stores will have it in the neck of my wood.

MY PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 (PS3) IMPRESSIONS:

Before I start I would like to point out that I thought all the 'next gen' PES games including PES 6 on Xbox 360 have been a huge disappointment. PES 2008 was the worst of the bunch and while 2009 improved on it I was still disappointed with the effort. On the other hand I thoroughly enjoyed FIFA 08, FIFA 09 and currently have FIFA 10 on pre-order.

GAMEPLAY

PES was once my favourite football game. PES 3, Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution and PES 5 are in my opinion the best football games ever and also some of the best games ever. However since Konami's move to next generation platforms such as the 360 and PS3 the series has become stagnant, unrealistic and arcadey. In contrast the FIFA series has become more of a simulation year after year and in many ways both series have switched positions vice versa.

As a result of this I booted up the PES 2010 demo not expecting an 'out of this world' experience. While I had seen a definite change in the way Konami operated this year I didnt want to become engulfed in the hype and possible excuses of early build talk. So after playing the game for a good hour I must say im genuinely quite surprised. Its really good. Its a major improvement over the last two games. Players now have more control via the 360 degree movement mechanism. The feeling of rails which has plauged previous PES games is all but gone. The new animations do make the game more fluid but I wouldnt dare say the game has received an animation overhaul. Its a solid increase over PES 2009 in this respect but I believe that Konami need to really focus on improving the animations of the players for next years game.

Passing is more crisper. Its less likely to land perfectly at your players feet. Sometimes it goes wide, short and long giving it a more manual feel. Manual passing is also available in a large amount of directions than before but I personally think that it would be far better if this function was available on the regular pass button (X/A) like FIFA.
Crossing and long balls are less floaty that in 2009 due to the improved ball physics which is also apparent in shooting which seems more free than before. Thankfully the invisible wall during throw-ins has been removed which is a great thing. In addition the tactics system seems to have a major effect in how you play the game and seems to be very deep. Player individuality is also very apparent. One major issue however is the responsiveness of players. There seems to be a delay in performing actions. While it isnt game breaking I do hope it is removed for the final version. Overall at this current stage I think that the gameplay in PES 2010 is solid.

81/100

GRAPHICS

The graphics in PES 2010 have seen the biggest change. They are simply fantastic. Lighting is spot on. Player models are brilliant. Players like Torres, Puyol, Alonso etc are instantly recognisible. This level of detail is also apparent on the kits which look great too. The stadiums available (Anfield and Ville Marie) both look very good. Sadly the demo only offers a day option so I was unable to test the night lighting. The menus are somewhat experimental but in my personal opinion have come off rather nicely. All in all the graphics in PES 2010 are some of the best ever in a football game.

90/100

AUDIO

Commentary is unavailable in the demo. I hope its not as appalling as previous versions. The chants and crowd noises are average at best. Sadly the silly 'Liverpool, Liverpool' chant is still in the game. Thankfully these can be changed in the full games edit mode. The thud of the ball has been reduced which is a minor bonus as is the inclusion of proper bands finally. The audio in PES 2010 is perhaps the weakest part of the game. I hope this is looked into more for future versions of the franchise.

47/100

CLOSING COMMENTS & FINAL PREVIEW SCORE

I am really quite happy with what PES 2010 has become. I understand peoples frustrations at the game especially if you have just played it after a lengthly session on the FIFA 10 demo. There are some major issues such as the lack of animation overhaul which in all honesty should have happened this year and the response problems (hopefully it will be rectified in the retail release). But if you look at it in comparison to PES 6, PES 2008 and PES 2009 on next gen platforms than PES 2010 is without doubt the best so far and is a solid football game. I know some people will not be happy with the game and thats fine since we are all entitled to our opinions but I honestly got genuine enjoyment from the short time I played with the demo. If the final version can fix some of the issues that I have seen then I think I will be really happy with PES 2010 this year. My pre-order with the game is cemented now after the demo and I look forward to enjoying two football games this year. I hope you do too. :)

83/100 (This only the score based on the demo)

ok here's my feedback, played PC version, will check PS3 demo later, first impressions :

TLDR - finally felt like proper PES and I liked it!

What's so good about it?

* Graphics - stunning, everything about it isabsolutely nextgen, player faces on closeup are so lifelike it's crazy ; more important thing is that pitch and gameplay camera (wide) look is also amazing, Konami really did a giant leap forward, honestly I never expected that, I'd lick my screen all the time if I could, 10/10:WORSHIP:

* The pace of the game is just right, feels almost like PES5. Sets the tone for the game, no more dumb runs with 1 guy (but there are exceptions, I will continue about this below).

* Running animation doesn't disturb me, feels ok which is important ; there are TONS of new animations (they didn't lie), passing, dribbling, shooting most of them very sublime and sometimes to spot but it's there - little touches of an artist :SMUG:

* Control is so so, could be better ; all of the animations with the ball are noticeably made slower, it's good it doesn't scream arcade anymore, but response times could be better, they are good only if you control superstar players (Messi comes to mind) ; one thing about running with the ball I like the most, you can't really push it between 2 defenders, it's easy to lose the ball like that (stealth nerf for dumb fucks online running with 1 player)

* PES core is still here, so I instantly knew how to play it, no real need to relearn everything, I think tactics are something everyone will need to grasp and use - thet's the sweet spot of this edition

What's bad :

* response times on the ball,feels so slow at times, if that was needed to lose arcadish feel - I take it, but

* can't find arrows in tactics for positioning, are they gone? if so - that sucks major balls because AI players are lazy when it comes to move off the ball, hopefully some 'cards' can replace it

* R2 control is nerfed as hell, still can use but it's weak

* cutbacks will reign again :PIRATE:

So overall, finally after two years of drought I can go to store and buy PES with no worries I'll take it back week after. I can feel I'm so gonna play this whole year (IF online is fine) because quality is there, it's a step in right direction defo.

If you want FIFA vs PES comparison here you go - I'll buy both but the king starts with letter P. Mostly because limited freedom (in FIFA) is not my cup of tea.

Now here's hoping that online will be as good as in PES6, if it is - future is bright.

I agree but just one thing, play all manual on fifa and you got your freedom

Dr Force sorry to hear about your situation. It took me about 3-4hrs to download the 1027mb on my ps3.

MARK MY WORD THIS GAME WILL BE A HIT WHEN THE FINAL VERSION IS OUT. The responsiveness can throw you off a bit and player touches as well but like Jimmy said and i noticed that as well, the responsiveness tends to differ player by player. So far it has been a smooth sailing for me. Jeez the shooting is off the chain boy. A shot with Ibrahimovic, Villa from 20-30 yards are outta of this world.

I can't wait for the retail copy. Right now i am more worried about when game stores will have it in the neck of my wood.

Thanks matey

i'm nearly there now so will give it a few games and post back..............I have not been this excited for a PES game since the pre-release talk of PES5.

Ok, first of all I have played around 7-8 matches, and I have made JUST ONE GOAL and that was with a kind of cutback pass from the right to Luca Toni, but found Di Natale to bag an easy sitter LOL... also I want to point out that I consider myself a good player, I have faced some good guys in PES 5 online with good results, so this is only to try to make myself look not like noob.

Also I want to mention that if you dont adjust the difficulty to Top Player, please dont post your impressions because all of them should play the game in Top Player, not regular or amateur, hope you agree. If you are not adjusting the difficulty, play again in Top Player, the difference is massive.

Graphics are immense as others have said.
Pace is really good, sometimes feels still a bit fast but I would say it is good.
Response times are good sometimes, it is pretty difficult to shoot if you run to the center since you get the ball away of your feet + the sloer response time = lost ball. Sometimes are good, sometimes takes a lot of time.
Ball physics are really good in my opinion, when the ball rebounds in a cross or pass takes some height like reality. I like that a lot.
No more speed God whores like Messi to run all the field.
It is VERY HARD to dribble. It is almost impossible at the moment, but I guess we need to get use to...
I feel sometimes that the player you control without the ball it is hard to control and get out of position often.
Shots, at least the ones I have pulled, are really nice.
Deflections in a difficult situation are not so easy sometimes, the players or delay the response or chest the ball, or just slot it in their own goal.
GK's are fine, at least not worse than 2009.
Defending looks easier, not a lot of AI errors in covering.
Something that I hate is the new tactics interfase where you cannot see the complete stats of each player. I simply hate this new interfase, however tactics and cards make stuff simpler and easy to use.

I will have an extensive session with friends tonight to see how the game behaves in 1 vs 1 human players.

At the moment I would give the game 8/10, it is decent, but like ALL PES GAMES I will reserve final judgement once I test the final game at least a couple of weeks. Looks good, not wow, but it is good.

MY PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 (PS3) IMPRESSIONS:

Before I start I would like to point out that I thought all the 'next gen' PES games including PES 6 on Xbox 360 have been a huge disappointment. PES 2008 was the worst of the bunch and while 2009 improved on it I was still disappointed with the effort. On the other hand I thoroughly enjoyed FIFA 08, FIFA 09 and currently have FIFA 10 on pre-order.

GAMEPLAY

PES was once my favourite football game. PES 3, Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution and PES 5 are in my opinion the best football games ever and also some of the best games ever. However since Konami's move to next generation platforms such as the 360 and PS3 the series has become stagnant, unrealistic and arcadey. In contrast the FIFA series has become more of a simulation year after year and in many ways both series have switched positions vice versa.

As a result of this I booted up the PES 2010 demo not expecting an 'out of this world' experience. While I had seen a definite change in the way Konami operated this year I didnt want to become engulfed in the hype and possible excuses of early build talk. So after playing the game for a good hour I must say im genuinely quite surprised. Its really good. Its a major improvement over the last two games. Players now have more control via the 360 degree movement mechanism. The feeling of rails which has plauged previous PES games is all but gone. The new animations do make the game more fluid but I wouldnt dare say the game has received an animation overhaul. Its a solid increase over PES 2009 in this respect but I believe that Konami need to really focus on improving the animations of the players for next years game.

Passing is more crisper. Its less likely to land perfectly at your players feet. Sometimes it goes wide, short and long giving it a more manual feel. Manual passing is also available in a large amount of directions than before but I personally think that it would be far better if this function was available on the regular pass button (X/A) like FIFA.
Crossing and long balls are less floaty that in 2009 due to the improved ball physics which is also apparent in shooting which seems more free than before. Thankfully the invisible wall during throw-ins has been removed which is a great thing. In addition the tactics system seems to have a major effect in how you play the game and seems to be very deep. Player individuality is also very apparent. One major issue however is the responsiveness of players. There seems to be a delay in performing actions. While it isnt game breaking I do hope it is removed for the final version. Overall at this current stage I think that the gameplay in PES 2010 is solid.

81/100

GRAPHICS

The graphics in PES 2010 have seen the biggest change. They are simply fantastic. Lighting is spot on. Player models are brilliant. Players like Torres, Puyol, Alonso etc are instantly recognisible. This level of detail is also apparent on the kits which look great too. The stadiums available (Anfield and Ville Marie) both look very good. Sadly the demo only offers a day option so I was unable to test the night lighting. The menus are somewhat experimental but in my personal opinion have come off rather nicely. All in all the graphics in PES 2010 are some of the best ever in a football game.

90/100

AUDIO

Commentary is unavailable in the demo. I hope its not as appalling as previous versions. The chants and crowd noises are average at best. Sadly the silly 'Liverpool, Liverpool' chant is still in the game. Thankfully these can be changed in the full games edit mode. The thud of the ball has been reduced which is a minor bonus as is the inclusion of proper bands finally. The audio in PES 2010 is perhaps the weakest part of the game. I hope this is looked into more for future versions of the franchise.

47/100

CLOSING COMMENTS & FINAL PREVIEW SCORE

I am really quite happy with what PES 2010 has become. I understand peoples frustrations at the game especially if you have just played it after a lengthly session on the FIFA 10 demo. There are some major issues such as the lack of animation overhaul which in all honesty should have happened this year and the response problems (hopefully it will be rectified in the retail release). But if you look at it in comparison to PES 6, PES 2008 and PES 2009 on next gen platforms than PES 2010 is without doubt the best so far and is a solid football game. I know some people will not be happy with the game and thats fine since we are all entitled to our opinions but I honestly got genuine enjoyment from the short time I played with the demo. If the final version can fix some of the issues that I have seen then I think I will be really happy with PES 2010 this year. My pre-order with the game is cemented now after the demo and I look forward to enjoying two football games this year. I hope you do too. :)

83/100 (This only the score based on the demo)

Superb summary, thank you.

Well it is better than PES09.

I was hoping for more improvement though. Some of the same issues that most of us had in the previous couple of versions are still occurring. I know it's just a demo too, I hope it is a bit improved for the final version, I can't see it being too different than what it is now. Guess I have to wait and see.

PES 3, Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution and PES 5 are in my opinion the best football games ever

Same as me. Maybe that is exactly why I'm enjoying this game so much?

Maybe its slower feel has taken me back in time to that slow feel of them 3?

Its bringing back good memories instead with graphical amazingness.

Last edited:
I'm suprised with this demo :) It just feels right. PES 2009 was just fault. So if you compare it with 2009 you see great diffrences. But one thing is a big mystery for me. Why o why are the nets different from the Gamescom and the other codes? I found that nets so nice and the reaction was very realistic. This is just PES 2009 nets without the sandbags...

Overal I'm impressed and can't wait to October 22nd :D

Based on three games.

Pros

- Graphics
- The tactics and the way it affects the players on the pitch is first class.
- Shooting
- Presentation
- Player switching
- Radar

Cons

- Response times
- Animations, especially the running.
- On the pitch sounds are a disgrace.
- Atmosphere is poor.
- The players are so rigid, it ruins the fluidity of the game.
- Some passes don't go in the direction you want. (I'm using the stick, say no to the dpad!)
- COM is obsessed with chipped through balls, even the when the situation doesn't call for it.

Looks like I'll be visiting my mistress every day based on this demo, another year separated from my wife.

I won't cancel my pre order though, I'll give the game a month or so at the very least. She has treated me very well in the past, its the least I can do.

I'll continue to play the demo.

Ok, first of all I have played around 7-8 matches, and I have made JUST ONE GOAL and that was with a kind of cutback pass from the right to Luca Toni, but found Di Natale to bag an easy sitter LOL... also I want to point out that I consider myself a good player, I have faced some good guys in PES 5 online with good results, so this is only to try to make myself look not like noob.

Also I want to mention that if you dont adjust the difficulty to Top Player, please dont post your impressions because all of them should play the game in Top Player, not regular or amateur, hope you agree. If you are not adjusting the difficulty, play again in Top Player, the difference is massive.

Pace is really good, sometimes feels still a bit fast but I would say it is good.
Response times are good sometimes, it is pretty difficult to shoot if you run to the center since you get the ball away of your feet + the sloer response time = lost ball. Sometimes are good, sometimes takes a lot of time.
Ball physics are really good in my opinion, when the ball rebounds in a cross or pass takes some height like reality. I like that a lot.
It is VERY HARD to dribble. It is almost impossible at the moment, but I guess we need to get use to...
I feel sometimes that the player you control without the ball it is hard to control and get out of position often.
Deflections in a difficult situation are not so easy sometimes, the players or delay the response or chest the ball, or just slot it in their own goal.
Something that I hate is the new tactics interfase where you cannot see the complete stats of each player. I simply hate this new interfase, however tactics and cards make stuff simpler and easy to use.

I will have an extensive session with friends tonight to see how the game behaves in 1 vs 1 human players.

At the moment I would give the game 8/10, it is decent, but like ALL PES GAMES I will reserve final judgement once I test the final game at least a couple of weeks. Looks good, not wow, but it is good.

I'm playing on Professional. Is that ok? :EMB:

You cant help yourself can you, are you just sitting there waiting to pounce at the next opportunity to tell us you don't rate PES and Fifa (as a fact) is the more realistic, what are you hoping to gain in this thread, because you have made it clear which game you prefer. You see I'm not in the Fifa thread, because it doesn't matter to me, you see how simply it is.

Everyone ! attention please ! kevano22 loves Fifa because its way more realistic! and thats a fact.

There that should do it, now we all know for sure, anything else.

Are you fascinated by us, are you studying us as if we are some strange breed because we don't agree with your opinion. It must be eating away at you lol

He waits....ready to pounce
I just agreed with you that we all have our opinions...and that was mine...OK big man?
:LOL: Much love x

EDIT: I am fascinated actually how you fail to see the point I am trying to make. We've all posted + and - points about BOTH games. THIS IS WHAT YOU FAIL TO SEE. But, because I happen to prefer FIFA, I am slated. As is anyone else with the same opinion. Poor Rob can't even post because he will get eaten by the nasty PES lions.

Last edited:

I played on top player. I have not played PES for years. Didnt play 08 or 09. I didnt even use the sprint button as i dont know what it is lol. I managed to score though 1st game. The game is awful though. Never feel really in control of the players. Graphics are superb but it doesnt simulate real football at all.

Last edited:
Okay well I just played the demo and I know no one will really care with what I think about it, but hey, posting this makes me feel better :)

First, the positives. I say positives, there's only one really, so make that positive.

I like the way you can have help choosing your lineup, formation and tactics etc based on things like form and fatigue (subs). Thats a nice touch.

Negatives:

The team management screen is so cluttered. Its not nice to look at and its tough to navigate, especially when making changes. Not the greatest of starts.

As for gameplay, well, wow, I never thought that a Pro Evo game would actually have slower response times than the latest FIFA game. Whats that all about? Is that Konamis idea of trying to make it more realistic? Well, whatever the reason, its awful.

The players I feel have no real 'weight' or momentum to them. There's no tugging or battling for a ball, even when jostling for it in the air. None of the players feel human, they just feel like robots running about on a pitch.

Every pass feels the same, I don't feel like I have much control over things such as pace and direction.

Shooting is okay I guess but the animations are woeful. They look nothing like players do in real life. This leads me onto the graphics..

I've been reading alot of positive things about the graphics so I was expecting to be suprised by them. I was quite shocked - this game looks good up close, I'll admit, but seeing as 80% of the time I'm playing it from a further perspective, the game looks awful.

The pitch looks bland and one coloured, the players themselves all look similar in terms of physique. No.. just no, this game does NOT look good. If anything, I thought PES2009 looked better.

Well I am once again bitterly disappointed by Pro Evo. As much as I didn't like PES2009, I was genuingly looking forward to PES 10 from looking at screenshots and reading about some of the online features. But for me, its so far behind FIFA now its not even a competition any more.

There is not one redeeming feature of PESs gameplay. It doesn't feel arcadey, it doesn't feel realistic. It feels confused, almost like Konami are desperately trying to play catch up with FIFA and getting severly lost and confused along the way.

You have to play it for a bit to get the feel, it's slow build up and simulation; especially on professional or top player. For me it's back in business, I think it's a bit special and I enjoyed it more than FIFA 10, which is still decent.

Just hope you can set online matches to professional or top player difficulty, unlike the horror show of last year being stuck at beginner, where the goalkeeper and defensive AI was awaful and too easy for the speed merchants.

BTW where have the type 4/5 long passing dissapeared to?

Back
Top Bottom