PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

But hasn't this guy played both games?

I think he's in a better position to judge the game than people sitting at home looking at a few shaky beta videos. Just because it's negative towards Fifa doesn't mean that the guy is dellusional.

Ive stressed over and over "from what weve seen, heard". And compared to PES 2008? Konamis poor track record (on next gen) makes it easier to guess.

No no you are wrong.Its not day and night.Sorry but your opinion is to simply at this moment.

Fifa looks to me like a real football match and it looks like EA are really trying to bring new things to the table and give the gamer the ultimate package. ProEvo looks dated and i get the feeling I am watching a PS2 game with slightly better graphics. Same animations, same bad running animations and a game which doesnt make we want to buy it again. I didnt get PES2008 so a PES2008 with less bugs and slight improvements isnt enough for me. I need more than that!!

How can someone who didnt even buy PES 2008 and play it to death really say that its not that good or was crap.

How can someone who didnt even buy PES 2008 and play it to death really say that its not that good or was crap.

I rented it like I do most games. Didn't play it to death. Played for like a week thinkin it'd grow on me but I wasn't ready to take astep backwards after playin fifa 08

Why would you play something "to death" if you didn't like it? Just to add credibity to your posts on a forum? How sad is that?

You like it or you don't, it doesn't take me long to form that decision. That's not the first time I've read a post that says "play it for months before telling us it's crap" - no thanks, I don't buy games purely to justify my posts on a forum read by people I don't even know...

I rented PES2008 for the weekend after release, I knew within six ML games that it wasn't a very good game. I rented it again six months later, starting to get annoyed with FIFA 08, and after two more matches the feeling of "this game is utter pants" had cemented itself into my head.

Last edited:

I dont even understand how this is even a pes forum? Hardly any1 in here has even bought the bloody game your ranting on about! Am i the only 1 who finds that crazy? Your views about its crap or the online was shit mean nothing if you hadnt played the game for longer than a bloody week.

I didnt really love pes 2008 that much and didnt have that x factor but atleast when i say it was ok i played it for long enough to have a decent opionion. For those who bought it and played it enough like a month or 2 and still h8ed it, fair enough.

Last edited:

I've recently played PES2008 online,i've had it since release date but could'nt play it for the love of christ. So i was in fits of shit when i saw the elastic ball and glitches.If that did not exist then i could play it online.

I like some of the animations,and remember this game caused hysteria when it it was being produced,the suff and adam going nuts about it,but mate sometimes people have to be honest and face the facts it did'nt do the business. Now 2009 cannot be worse unless it comes out like goal storm! So we know it's going to be better.

All thats happend is Fifa gained another year of development on pes because of 2008. I have atleast 9 close friends that loved fifa to death but now all love pes. I dont see how anyone can even say fifa's gameplay is better. There is not 1 single bit of fifa's gameplay that i would take into pes. Hand on heart

how about its something different? and in a good way. pace for one. You think the pace in 2008 is better then in fifa 08. I gotta get out of this thread, its making me dumber

Check your join date muzza. You haven't been round long enough to see the slow decline in opinion that has led to where we are now with PES.

It was a poor PES game and is WIDELY regarded as so, so don't have a dig at folk for trying and not buying, there judgment was better than mine I payed £40 for it.

You need to settle down, your opinion aint the be all and end all, neither does it being a pes forum mean that the game can't be criticised.

I rented it like I do most games. Didn't play it to death. Played for like a week thinkin it'd grow on me but I wasn't ready to take astep backwards after playin fifa 08

Why would you play something "to death" if you didn't like it? Just to add credibity to your posts on a forum? How sad is that?

You like it or you don't, it doesn't take me long to form that decision. That's not the first time I've read a post that says "play it for months before telling us it's crap" - no thanks, I don't buy games purely to justify my posts on a forum read by people I don't even know...

I rented PES2008 for the weekend after release, I knew within six ML games that it wasn't a very good game. I rented it again six months later, starting to get annoyed with FIFA 08, and after two more matches the feeling of "this game is utter pants" had cemented itself into my head.

That's a pretty interesting double concept you have there.

I'm not saying that you need to play something to death just so you can argument on a forum, God forbid.

Nonetheless, the argument that "you didn't give FIFA enough time, play it for a month and let it grow on you" is often used against people who prefer PES to FIFA.

I, for one, bought FIFA08 hoping that it would be the messiah, played it, tried to like it, couldn't stand the clunky player movement nor the slow player reactions. The defense was weird, I almost never felt in control when I received a ball... I felt bad for not being able to appreciate it the way you all seemingly do.

Played Be a Pro offline and online until I figured that I really wasn't enjoying it as much as I had hoped - and I bought the game hoping that, even if I didn't like the rest of the game, this would save it for me.

The Euro2008 demo came out, I played it in Captain Your Country mode and normal mode. It was speedier, but still a bit... clunky/stiff, I don't really know how to describe it. I still wasn't able to feel in control of the players and ball when in posession.

Once a month I go back to FIFA and Euro - I actually went back to FIFA 2 days ago - but it still didn't win me over...

I love the presentation, I spend lots of time in the arena just trying out different stuff and loving it. The footer with news and stuff is f'n brilliant.

Still, in the end, it still doesn't leave me satisfied. PES2008 used to, in the beginning. However, after playing PES6 and the JL games in the PS2 again, I can't play PES2008 on my PS3 no longer - it really is a different game, a lot worse in some aspects, especially on the fun factor.

That's why I'm waiting for PES2009. If it gives me what the older games gave me, I'm completely sold.

I can easily live without the flashier presentation of FIFA and not miss it too much;

What I can't live without is the satisfying feeling that PES used to give me, and even PES2008 gave me - albeit in much lower doses.

Each to its own - some get it from PES, some get it from FIFA.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Ive played all but 1 of the pes's. That being 1 so dont lecture me. I dont get how you can join this forum, claim to be a pes fan and not have bought the game. Doesnt joining a forum about pes insinuate that you are actually a fan and have bought the game.

Ive played all but 1 of the pes's. That being 1 so dont lecture me. I dont get how you can join this forum, claim to be a pes fan and not have bought the game. Doesnt joining a forum about pes insinuate that you are actually a fan and have bought the game.

Who you talking to, me?

I've bought every pes game, i've imported WE from japan as well, so I know what I am talking about. I even owned ISS on the SNES.

Lol snes. My whole argument was that people who hadnt had the full experiance of pes 2008 cant go round blatently slagging things off in the game that they barely played. If you buy the game, sit down with it and play it for a while then you can form a decent opionion about it whether its good or bad. Pes always seem rubbish at the beginning to me but after a week or two you sort of brake into it and the gameplay feels alot better.

Lol snes. My whole argument was that people who hadnt had the full experiance of pes 2008 cant go round blatently slagging things off in the game that they barely played. If you buy the game, sit down with it and play it for a while then you can form a decent opionion about it whether its good or bad. Pes always seem rubbish at the beginning to me but after a week or two you sort of brake into it and the gameplay feels alot better.

PES never seemend rubbish to me at the begining, it seemend awesome, like the first time i got some pussy. It was exciting and i kept going back for more. Now its like i have been married and having sex with the same girl for 40 years. it gets old after a while, nothing new, nothing exciting, same old same old. Im not saying fifa is like when i first got pussy, but it is something new and something different, in a good way, like a good peice of strange.

Alot of us have been here a long time, and we like the site for many reasons other then video games mate.... alot of us have played PES/WE to death, dont assume things about people that you know nothing about

PES never seemend rubbish to me at the begining, it seemend awesome, like the first time i got some pussy. It was exciting and i kept going back for more. Now its like i have been married and having sex with the same girl for 40 years. it gets old after a while, nothing new, nothing exciting, same old same old. Im not saying fifa is like when i first got pussy, but it is something new and something different, in a good way, like a good peice of strange.

This is just the best description of everything :lol:

Absolutely true, gomito, absolutely true. For me, though, it's exactly like being married and still deeply in love - it always feels like the first time :) And yes, maybe I'm just trying to keep fooling myself, but I'm happy accepting the old hag with her flaws ;)

Your post made my day. I still remember you from your old nickname - csaunders if I'm not mistaken?

Best regards, and thanks mate!

Paulo Tavares

I think its reasonable that i assume that people on a pes forum actually buy the game.
Look at these people's join dates, they have played previous versions of the game and loved them, but being given the same old thing year on year is not acceptable for a lot of people (me included)... Why pay £40 something which is 95% the same as something you bought the previous year? No point I don't think.

Oh sorry for coming onto a pes forum expecting to talk about pes.

We are talking about PES on a PES forum, the difference is you're expecting people to be talking about PES sycophantically on a PES forum, and well frankly most of us are too tired of Konami's lack of efforts to do that any more, go back to 2 years ago or so and most of the people on here now bitching about PES were declaring their undying love for PES.

This is just the best description of everything :lol:

Absolutely true, gomito, absolutely true. For me, though, it's exactly like being married and still deeply in love - it always feels like the first time :) And yes, maybe I'm just trying to keep fooling myself, but I'm happy accepting the old hag with her flaws ;)

Your post made my day. I still remember you from your old nickname - csaunders if I'm not mistaken?

Best regards, and thanks mate!

Paulo Tavares
who is csaunders? :) ahh a man who has found true love, i like it. Cheers to you and your old hag!

I wonder if PES 2009 will have the same dog heads or if they put total commitment into giving us something new like snake heads or crab heads. LOL! Gotta love PES!

I wonder if PES 2009 will have the same dog heads or if they put total commitment into giving us something new like snake heads or crab heads. LOL! Gotta love PES!

Do crabs have heads? It would have to be the entire crab, and that would just look stupid, unlike dogs heads which is total football simualtion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom