PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Ive played all but 1 of the pes's. That being 1 so dont lecture me. I dont get how you can join this forum, claim to be a pes fan and not have bought the game. Doesnt joining a forum about pes insinuate that you are actually a fan and have bought the game.
We are all PES/WE 11 fans hence the forum,but many of us were not impressed with 2008, that's what we are saying and you are entitled to your veiws and cool with that,it's just we have them too. No hater's here mate..

I want change shirts and shorts from team's uniform 2.

Actually that's something they haven't yet re-implemented from WE10 as well - I'm guessing they took it out to prevent the "unofficial" swapping of shorts and socks from licensed kits. PES could do with an option of a third kit too, so many teams have one now. It wouldn't be too much hassle to add a third kit, or even a special European one, or to specify number styles and shoulder badges for different competitions, all of which happens IRL.

Still, getting PES2008 fixed and releasing it with next year's date on it is probably enough work for this year... eventually we'll get a decent Next Gen PES game just in time for PS4 and XBox720 ! :s

How can someone who didnt even buy PES 2008 and play it to death really say that its not that good or was crap.

It didn't take "playing PES2008 to death" to realise that online was broken, that it was all about dribbling past people and passing was basically a waste of time, that the keepers were rubbish, and hundreds of other immediately evident things - stupid no-beard face import, lack of kits in edit mode, only 9 pairs of boots.

It looked pretty nice generally (and better than FIFA's cartoon faces) but there was just too much just "wrong" and missing to put up with it for me, and a lot of that stuff was obvious right away, without having to put in 6 months on Master League to determine that cutting back from the 1684th pixel from the goalline using Stephane Dalmat would always result in a goal off the post, or something equally as anal.

And yes, I bought it. At 00:01 on release date from a 24 hour Tesco. And played it and sodded about in edit mode for about 4 hours. And went to bed miserable.

Too many Skates on this thread ! ;)

Last edited:

it said in the psm3 preview that there were 2 versions of the game doing the rounds,one with la liga licenced and 1 without it included.i think now that konami have lost la liga but will announce champions league licence to cover their f@ck up

it said in the psm3 preview that there were 2 versions of the game doing the rounds,one with la liga licenced and 1 without it included.i think now that konami have lost la liga but will announce champions league licence to cover their f@ck up

It does seem very strange to me that they're rumoured to be adding CL license yet they've done nothing at all with Master League. What are they going to do, slap a CL logo on it and pretend it's suddenly authentic ?

Or might we actually get the CL structure as a standalone mode where you can add teams as you wish, like the non-ML "International Cup" and similar modes ?

It doesn't really seem like a big deal, I think the multi-branded official boots add at least as much to the game as a UEFA CL badge would. If it was 6 months ago I'd think it was more likely to be EURO 2008, but surely even Konami wouldn't try that..?

Please take your political discussions to an appropriate place. This is not it.

Yes Placebo, no one wants to hear your manic ramblings about the "rarely mentioned positives" regarding the BNP's policies and how the media is conspiring to make sure that whites are turned into slaves.

Also I'm not really interested in a CL mode. Surely it will still end up being a Man Utd/Barca/Chelsea/etc round robin type thing.

Last edited:

im gona buy the pc version this year as all the guys on this site do a great job with all their great kitserver work,plus its alot cheaper than the next gen alternatives

Actually that's something they haven't yet re-implemented from WE10 as well - I'm guessing they took it out to prevent the "unofficial" swapping of shorts and socks from licensed kits. PES could do with an option of a third kit too, so many teams have one now. It wouldn't be too much hassle to add a third kit, or even a special European one, or to specify number styles and shoulder badges for different competitions, all of which happens IRL.

Still, getting PES2008 fixed and releasing it with next year's date on it is probably enough work for this year... eventually we'll get a decent Next Gen PES game just in time for PS4 and XBox720 ! :s

I can never understand why there are no third kits, would be so easy to add I'm sure.

As for competition badges etc, they should really add stuff like this, none of it would be difficult and it would prove to fans they're really making an effort.

not sure why people defend pes2008, i bought it twice on the ps3...each time sold it again on ebay....just wasn't up to scratch

pes2009 will be better, and i'm grateful for that but still has alot to do to make it my number one footie game again

Ok this vid looks quality. Its the HD seabass interview but its a very big picture and feels like your watching it on a real TV. You get a better feel of what it will be like.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/p...pro-evolution-soccer-2009-official-movie?hd=1

look at the defender's(no. 3) behavior at minute 1:36 - 1:43. he could have intercepted the ball with ease, if only he moved towards it. shame on you seabass, go and fix the AI!

I have just read through the last 10 pages of this thread and its obvious to me who's going to buy PES 2009 and who isn't. So to those who are just looking for faults why not go to the other thread and try saying something positive. Its so childish that it has to be one or the other, why not buy both, lets face it both have there faults and always will have, but they are both very different games whish is a good thing, and thats why I will be trying both of them.

It really makes me laugh that some of you out there are so loyal to one game, why? what have EA or Konami really done for you, your not getting it for free, you dont owe them a favour, your buying the game, and surely you want the best product for your £40, so its a bit silly to dismiss one just because you have always bought the other.

If you dont have the money for both, rent them and choose the one you feel is the more realistic game. I think last years versions were both average, so cheer up as it looks like both this years versions are going to be the best we have ever had.

Mate both games could do alot better considering the money they are making,and as paying customers we are entitled to slate them BOTH if they don't come up to what we think is right.

Mate both games could do alot better considering the money they are making,and as paying customers we are entitled to slate them BOTH if they don't come up to what we think is right.

Missed the point, most people dont slag both. Compare the threads. Its full of people slating one of the games they have no intention of buying, they stand out by a mile. They spend time and effort writing posts about the faults of a game they are not going to buy, even if it got 11/10, and at the same time they wont see no wrong in their chosen game, bit sad if you ask me.

Well said shieldslfc. What it all comes down to is respecting peoples opinions and preferences. This is why we have war, terrorism, genocide and all the other shit thats wrong with the world. If someone likes/dislikes something that doesn't agree with your like/dislike it does not make them wrong or less intelligent than you. It simply means that they have different opinion than yours. Stop trying to convince each other about how wrong you are and respect the fact that there are people that don't share your view. Peace and love brethren.

Seems new, but no new info there.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Well said shieldslfc. What it all comes down to is respecting peoples opinions and preferences. This is why we have war, terrorism, genocide and all the other shit thats wrong with the world. If someone likes/dislikes something that doesn't agree with your like/dislike it does not make them wrong or less intelligent than you. It simply means that they have different opinion than yours. Stop trying to convince each other about how wrong you are and respect the fact that there are people that don't share your view. Peace and love brethren.

I agree with you.
That is what infuriated me as much about last year's thread. Reactions like yourq are very valuable but are not appreciated by some people here.
An advice: don't mention this because people will call you a drama queen.

Its peoples inability to handle the opinions of others, that start wars, not the other way.

I tell you what lads,

I just Picked up pro evo 2008 on the PS2 for a tenner in asda

what have I been doing??!!??!!??

arsing about with pro evo one the ps3/ fifa08/ euro08

this is the game to have!

its fantastic!

you have to get over the shocking graphics if played on a PS3 but the gameplay wipes the floor with any other footy game.

It has reminded me what pro evo could be like.

so all this "its like pes5 with knobs on" is making me feel good about it.

I am just gutted that I picked up this version only a month before the new one is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom