PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

You'd already have the console and the TV for other games unless you were a total diehard, behave. ;)

I agree FIFA09 looks better in videos, in certain aspects, now but I'm sure that won't keep people playing 3 months and beyond after release after the candy wares off, unless PES09 turns out to be a poorer experience, which surprise, surprise...it may NOT.

FIFA 08 was probably the first FIFA game to keep you hooked for a long period of time. I'm still playing it now, especially online or when I have friends round.

It gives me the same feeling when playing with mates, that I used to get from PES.

There's no reason to suggest (at least from what I can see), that FIFA 09 won't be more of the time, with some decent improvements.

So twelve months from now we'll probably be saying exactly this about FIFA 2010.

You'd already have the console and the TV for other games unless you were a total diehard, behave. ;)
Haha yeah I suppose you would :LOL:. I know that some people bought a console or upgraded their computer especially for PES 08 though, and a lot will probably do the same for 09...

Still, even the £40 for the game is a rip off for something we should have had last year, and even last year it wouldn't have been acceptable for a next-gen game in my opinion.

A couple of new game modes and the gameplay of the PS2 games, wow what great leaps forward they have made over the years...

Some people need to realise that KONAMI has some CORE tough points which wont make them lose to FIFA:
1st the monkey/zombie like players that KILL any graphics edge that EA tries to have...
2nd The ball trajectires that are like pathetic baloon like fake fails....
3rd the player ball interaction and rigidity that makes u feel like ball is an object a solid gameplay point....
3rd the TEAM to team differences...FIFA has 0...its like PAOK playing same as ManUtd...no matter even if the manager is mind controlling PAOK players they will NEVER defeat MU on equal condition....This is the thing that PeS has it has DIFFERENT player stats that actually play a role..
If at the core of it FIFA is ci ar ay pe no matter how many flaws PES has it will be better...

Well if you're still playing FIFA08 now and that's what you're basing your optimism on then fair play to you. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Personally, when I play FIFA08 and UERO 08, I just don't feel like I'm in full control and THAT control is what made me switch to WE/PES years ago. IF UEFA, UERO is anything to go by, FIFA 09, may not get it right just yet. Then again, it may. Point I tried to make is, play before declaring a winner :)

Last edited:

Some people need to realise that KONAMI has some CORE tough points which wont make them lose to FIFA
I thought you are the guy who keeps reiterating what Dirty Harry said about opinions... Perhaps you need to "realise" that...

I agree that the players are slightly zombified but years ago the PES fans used to say to the FIFA fans "graphics don't matter"... And I agree that teams/players are far too similar, that's something else I hope to see improved in 09. It's a big problem, especially when you play manager mode and you need new players when they're all the same. But I don't agree on your other points and I certainly don't believe FIFA is "crap" at its core.

Trying to debate anything in here is a waste of time, to say either game is "crap" full-stop is... Well, crap.

Last edited:

Haha yeah I suppose you would :LOL:. I know that some people bought a console or upgraded their computer especially for PES 08 though, and a lot will probably do the same for 09...

Still, even the £40 for the game is a rip off for something we should have had last year, and even last year it wouldn't have been acceptable for a next-gen game in my opinion.

A couple of new game modes and the gameplay of the PS2 games, wow what great leaps forward they have made over the years...

I upgraded my PC late last year with PES2008 in mind, but was primarily due to the hype surrounding Crysis being the ultimate PC killer, requirements-wise.
I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer, I've only bought a handful of games on Steam besides PES and a few other games, speaking of that, wouldn't it be great if KONAMI started distributing their PC versions on Steam. hehe, just a thought tho.
But I have tried Euro2008 on the 360 at my mate's house, found it a bit naff at first but got the hang of it. Decent footie game IMO. I've always imagined what it would be like if EA found KONAMI's secret recipe in footie games and added their eye-candy and presentation on top of it. I really hope KONAMI find some way to match EA's presentation and EA to match KONAMI's gameplay. It would be good for us fans.

Another thing, the only thing I was bothered with in Euro08 was the goal celebration button thingy.
Once you score a beautiful goal yer supposed to sit back and enjoy like in the PES5/6 days where I absolutely enjoyed watching the goal replays just to piss my m8 off. :D

Last edited:

The only thing I was bothered with was the goal celebration button thingy.
Once you score a beautiful goal yer supposed to sit back and enjoy like in the PES5/6 days where I absolutely enjoyed watching the goal replays just to piss my m8 off. :D
I'm with you, haha. I was annoyed to see that FIFA 09 still has them but on one video the celebration box doesn't come up after a goal - that would suggest you can disable it but he could have somehow skipped it at inhuman speed...

( Sorry to talk about FIFA in here, I'll go away now ;) )

I'm with you, haha. I was annoyed to see that FIFA 09 still has them but on one video the celebration box doesn't come up after a goal - that would suggest you can disable it but he could have somehow skipped it at inhuman speed...

( Sorry to talk about FIFA in here, I'll go away now ;) )

In relation to PES, that's what EA's done wrong there, they should let us sit back and enjoy our goals. In my glory days of PES, I loved the bit where we feel the satisfaction of scoring an absolute cracker, and watch the players celebrate as we taunt our victim. And the part which I personally enjoy the most is when my m8 gets ticked off and tells me to press the start button to skip the replays. That was top class, can't remember how many days I skipped in college for moments like those.
hehe

I really like the custom goal celebrations in Euro 08. I must be in the minority.

It's just a bit of fun and you only have to press a button to skip past it. Hopefully it can be turned off completely in Fifa 09.

Some people need to realise that KONAMI has some CORE tough points which wont make them lose to FIFA:
1st the monkey/zombie like players that KILL any graphics edge that EA tries to have...
2nd The ball trajectires that are like pathetic baloon like fake fails....
3rd the player ball interaction and rigidity that makes u feel like ball is an object a solid gameplay point....
3rd the TEAM to team differences...FIFA has 0...its like PAOK playing same as ManUtd...no matter even if the manager is mind controlling PAOK players they will NEVER defeat MU on equal condition....This is the thing that PeS has it has DIFFERENT player stats that actually play a role..
If at the core of it FIFA is ci ar ay pe no matter how many flaws PES has it will be better...

To be honest, playing PES5 or 6, I can't tell any difference between the teams. They're all the same.

At least theres the difference in FIFA of someone like Ronaldo when you play as United versus playing as Liverpool. He can blast past players like noone on a Liverpool side.

Last edited:

In relation to PES, that's what EA's done wrong there, they should let us sit back and enjoy our goals. In my glory days of PES, I loved the bit where we feel the satisfaction of scoring an absolute cracker, and watch the players celebrate as we taunt our victim. And the part which I personally enjoy the most is when my m8 gets ticked off and tells me to press the start button to skip the replays. That was top class, can't remember how many days I skipped in college for moments like those.
hehe

All I remember was that ridiculous replay music from ISS Pro Evo 1 or 2. It was basically "ding ding / ding d-ding ding" repeated over and over.

No luck finding an example on youtube.

Why spend about £300 on a console plus the game, and maybe another £500 or so for a HDTV to play it on, coming to £800 just to play a game with ten year old gameplay plus some decent graphics (not great graphics)?

Some people have more money than sense.

you don´t have much sense either saying that, because no one spend money in a console and in a HDTV just to play a game...

And as a mather a fact a game does not need´s to have great great graphics to grab you to the TV. Yes Fifa does a much better work in eye candy that´s so true, and for what we´ve "SEEN" the gameplay looks really fine, but i will tell you my opinion when i play the 2 games.

If you remember when PES was on the top many people played FIFA instead and for them it was the best, so, those people are what? insane?

I´ve sen many post of you in here and in FIFA thread, just bashing PES and highlighting FIFA, when you don´t play none of them. Are you in a campaigns against PES? :DOH:

you don´t have much sense either saying that, because no one spend money in a console and in a HDTV just to play a game...

And as a mather a fact a game does not need´s to have great great graphics to grab you to the TV. Yes Fifa does a much better work in eye candy that´s so true, and for what we´ve "SEEN" the gameplay looks really fine, but i will tell you my opinion when i play the 2 games.

If you remember when PES was on the top many people played FIFA instead and for them it was the best, so, those people are what? insane?

I´ve sen many post of you in here and in FIFA thread, just bashing PES and highlighting FIFA, when you don´t play none of them. Are you in a campaigns against PES? :DOH:
Ok then forget the bit about the TV and just count the bit about the console.

You buy the console to play games on, most/all of us here play football games more than any other type of game, therefore we ARE paying all that money just to play a game really... Other games are in and out of the console every few months, but the only real mainstay in there is a good football game.

When we pay £300 (or thereabouts) for either a console or a PC upgrade, we should expect better than simply PS2 gameplay (PS1 even, PES2 on PS1 has very similar gameplay to the new ones, in fact it's better!) wrapped in some better visuals like PES is now...

Also, even from what i've seen of the two games, even if you disregard the graphics, most of t he gameplay aspects look superior in FIFA too...

Nobody is on a campaign against PES, we want two good football games, but we can already see from the videos that it is still almost the exact same game, and with people playing it saying there is nothing in the gameplay we havn't seen before in PES, there isn't much to be positive about really for me (and quite a few others...).

Last edited by a moderator:

I hear a lot about that PES 2010 will be a whole new engine. The WENB people talk about it all the time. Do anyone have a source for this statement? Have Konami confirmed that they'll introduce a new engine for PES 2010?

I hear a lot about that PES 2010 will be a whole new engine. The WENB people talk about it all the time. Do anyone have a source for this statement? Have Konami confirmed that they'll introduce a new engine for PES 2010?

The only new engine will be in Sea Trouts new car that he will be buying with all the profits from his loyal army of fanBoys.

I don't think there is. I asked the same question about a week ago but no one replied so assume no. I believe its all speculation. They are setting themselves up for a massive disappointment with a year before the next game comes out with saying it will have massive improvements.

Seabass said himself that there would be a "complete overhaul in every aspect" after PES 08, that hasn't happened this year so we can only hope PES 2010 will be it...

Seabass said himself that there would be a "complete overhaul in every aspect" after PES 08, that hasn't happened this year so we can only hope PES 2010 will be it...

We can but how can we be so sure last gen was only tweaks and not overhaul fact remains the overhaul should of happened for PES 6 ala Fifa first run for next gen.

Yet we still sit with game now that going to use same old engine.

I think they can crank out another PS2 game in 2010 for the PS3/360. People obviously still buys it.

yeah,unless people boycotting this bloody game. konami never learn...

Someone made a good point on another site that Fifa have made like 6 games or something now on the 360 so they have had far many more attempts at fixing broken things compared with konami's 2

Five actually, but I don't see what relevance that has to anything, other than a stat fanboys can shout out in an attempt to "rile" the guys who like FIFA.

Does it matter if a game was crap five iterations ago if the latest one is good?

Five years ago Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, West Ham and Wigan were in what was then Division 1, look at them now, they make up one quarter of the Premier League. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Etc etc etc...

Last edited:

No but these games go on by a trial and error basis where they they keep whats good and kick whats bad. Its common sense to see that If Fifa have made 5 360 games and pes have made 2 then fifa is gonna have esstablished what works and what doesnt on next gen.

Look at WW2 for example Germany invaded several countries befor hitting russia with Barbarossa. Between WW1 and 2 Russia had barely even had a war. Maybe a skirmish or 2 against Finland or someone but nothing mamjor.

So when Germany hit hard they hit hard as they were battle hardend and picked up their tactics from trial and error in france, poland etc.

But the great thing is that Russia who were using outdated tactics and stratagy came through and fought back harder than ever when they got themselves together. Zukov and timashenko led the way to victory.

This is pes in a nutshell.

Gets hit by suprise ( Fifa 08 )
Generals come together (Seabass and co)
They go on the counter (PES 09)
And although heavey casualties are taken (Pes faithfuls)
They come through the overside with victory (Pes 09 is a success)...............and dominate Europe for 40 years

Last edited:

Look at WW2 for example

Look mate, history started around Euro 1996. Anything before that I don't want to hear.

Although I would like to commend you for comparing Pro Evo to Nazi Germany, that was nicely done.

Last edited:

Yh i didnt rly wanna dip that far back but the comparrison worked out quite well. Unlike gareth Southgate's penalty

Someone made a good point on another site that Fifa have made like 6 games or something now on the 360 so they have had far many more attempts at fixing broken things compared with konami's 2
But Konami have used the same game engine since PES3, and you could even say it's older than that as they took the framework from their PS1 games :LOL:.

6 years of PES off the exact same base:
PES3
PES4
PES5
PES6
PES08
PES09

EA may have made more games on this generation, but that's only because they had the licenses for the World Cup, Euro Championships and Champions League. They have had the same amount of time with the console.

Your argument can also work against you, because with Konami having less games to produce, they can spend more time and effort on the ones they do make... I don't think they are done so much on trial and error either, and if they were, then Konami have never been good at that as some bugs have remained since the early editions of it, so what makes you think they can eradicate all the problems of 08 in a year when some of the bugs have been in the game for so many years?

Lol i didnt compare pes to nazi Germany. I was saying pes is like russia and i guess i meant fifa was herman the german

But Konami have used the same game engine since PES3, and you could even say it's older than that as they took the framework from their PS1 games :LOL:.

6 years of PES off the exact same base:
PES3
PES4
PES5
PES6
PES08
PES09

EA may have made more games on this generation, but that's only because they had the licenses for the World Cup, Euro Championships and Champions League. They have had the same amount of time with the console.

Your argument can also work against you, because with Konami having less games to produce, they can spend more time and effort on the ones they do make... I don't think they are done so much on trial and error either, and if they were, then Konami have never been good at that as some bugs have remained since the early editions of it, so what makes you think they can eradicate all the problems of 08 in a year when some of the bugs have been in the game for so many years?

i think what he means is that FIFA has had more time with the next-gen technology. PES may have been using the same engine since PES3 for PS2 but they obviously had to create a new engine from scratch on the PS3 and Xbox tech to replicate the engine on PS2 (failing somewhat miserably though).
Thats where EA gets more experience than Konami with their 5 FIFA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom