PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Thats what I find on the old pes's. Stick on random morale and the pace of the game slows right down with a few blue and green players.

Both videos are interesting, fifa looks better expecially animation wise but it seem to suffer the biggest problem of last year, slow response of players that make playing in tight spaces and dribbling too much random and cumbersome.
I also cannot understand why they changed the lighting again in euro 2008 it was good but now is back to fifa 08 style where you needed a flashlight to see the ball near corners...

Pes looks slightly better than last year but the animations are really awful, more than the infamous running animation there is the automatic shot feint when you turn of 90° that its just ridiculous

Beside that the pace looks good and shooting looks really better than fifa, if this year konamy can make a decent net code its Pes all the way for me.

Beside that the pace looks good and shooting looks really better than fifa, if this year konamy can make a decent net code its Pes all the way for me.

Just my thoughts. Shooting and longpassing is in Fifa still not on a level as PES. If PES 09 will not have lag online, then I go for PES.

I really love the pace speedy of the last video. Much more slower then pes008.

Punzz said:
Does anyone know if the in-direct free kicks are the same as PES2008/PES6/PES5/PES4/PES3 I.E USELESS?

I'm sick of trying to float balls into the box that do nothing and don't go where I aim the ball to go. rant over

Ummm... In my last post I posted a video where there was a reall fine goal from an indirect free kick. I'll try to look it up.

Edit: here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwR4vNL8PFk

At 0:41 the French attack moves seamlessly while passing - no pass and stop.

The goal at 6:27 is a goal that I have never seen in PES, and I have tried to take free kicks in this manner. I can concede that people may have seen goals like these beore, but I haven't, and I do have a history with ISS's and PES's for quite a while.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

I really love the pace speedy of the last video. Much more slower then pes008.

indeed! And seems like the game itself also run in 60 fps! (no lag in replays or bussy area's)

Last edited:

Initial videos were a bit mixed, but the more I see the better it gets.

going to be real spoilt this year with two (but different) good footy games to last 12 months:w00t:

I still get more of an impression of goal mouth scrambles in PES that I dont see so often in FIFA.

at 0.20 the usual pes crap, the winger runs into space and the opponent goes nowhere. Crap like that needs to be fixed, the same shitty gameplay from pes6/2008.

indeed! And seems like the game itself also run in 60 fps! (no lag in replays or bussy area's)

Ummm... The fact that some videos that were filmed are 60fps DOESN'T mean that PES is 60fps, mind you ;)

This is just a heads-up, to prevent people in 3 months time coming around and bitching about "oh, and they said that it was 1080p 60fps" ;) Nobody said that the game would run at 60fps, if I'm not mistaken.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

Ummm... The fact that some videos that were filmed are 60fps DOESN'T mean that PES is 60fps, mind you ;)

This is just a heads-up, to prevent people in 3 months time coming around and bitching about "oh, and they said that it was 1080p 60fps" ;) Nobody said that the game would run at 60fps, if I'm not mistaken.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

you're right, but seeing the game running on those vid, it seems that the game has a very good framerate and looks like a 60 fps, but of course i can't say that for sure. But a stuttering game at 20 fps shut on a 100 fps vid, still stutters... ;-)

Last edited:

The game looks wery good i think, i like the way the shots seems to be harder and more lifelike to.
This seems wery promising and if just online works good then i will be in pesheaven

at 0.20 the usual pes crap, the winger runs into space and the opponent goes nowhere. Crap like that needs to be fixed, the same shitty gameplay from pes6/2008.

Nice post. Its so terse and to the point. Your signature also does wonders for your credibility.

On topic:
I need that info on the edit mode and game modes as well as online then my needs will be fulfilled. I have watched the trailer and a video and will not be looking at anymore as far as videos go till I put this baby in my ps3.

I too think that it runs at smooth 60 fps, but my problems are:

this shitty 90 degree feint turns, bad collisions, nets with sand bags

It's interesting, as I tried PES5 yesterday and have found the same 90 degree turns.. Going back to the roots..

And the penalty spots are gone, again. They need to go back to scratch to remodel them ..

B

Konami pide tranquilidad por el tema de la Liga en PES 2009

Desde que hace unas semanas surgió la controversia sobre la posible ausencia de la Liga Española en el juego Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, ha reinado la incertidumbre sobre el uso de las licencias oficiales en la próxima entrega de la saga de fútbol de Konami, sobre todo entre los fans más acérrimos de los juegos de fútbol.

La Liga Española confirmó hace unas semanas que, por el momento, solo EA Sports tenía la licencia oficial, lo que ha hecho dudar sobre la inclusión de los equipos oficiales en el juego, recordando a muchos jugadores los nombres ficticios de los equipos españoles en los primeros Pro Evolution Soccer, como Chamartin (Real Madrid) o Catalonia (F.C. Barcelona).

En la Games Convention hemos tenido oportunidad de hablar con un representante oficial de Konami España sobre el tema, que ha dicho que los fans de la saga pueden estar tranquilos sobre las licencias oficiales. Aunque todavía no se ha anunciado nada oficial al respecto, Borja de Altolaguirre, jefe de prensa de Konami España, nos confirmó que en los próximos días, o semanas, Konami hará un anuncio oficial sobre las licencias de la versión europea de Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, incluyendo la presencia de la Liga Española. Os mantendremos informados.

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/34256/gc:-konami-pide-tranquilidad-por-el-tema-de-la-liga-en-pes-2009/

Konami ask calm about Liga and make a annonce soon, Thanks JJoseca

That will be awesome mate. Each stadium with different nets and different physics... Dream on myself

Didnt pes used to have that?! I remember editing net textures from the different stadiums, Del Api had those hexagons while Anfield had big squares and another had smaller squares. Added quite a lot to the atmosphere imo.

Google translation

Konami calls tranquility in the topic of the League in PES 2009

Since a few weeks ago came the controversy over the possible absence of the Spanish League game in the Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, uncertainty prevailed about the use of official licences in the next issue of the saga of soccer Konami, especially among most staunch fans of football games.

The Spanish League confirmed a few weeks ago that, for now, EA Sports was the only official license, which led to doubts about the inclusion of official teams in the game, reminding many players the fictitious names of the teams in the Spanish first Pro Evolution Soccer, as Chamartin (Real Madrid) and Catalonia (FC Barcelona).

At the Games Convention we had an opportunity to speak to an official representative from Konami Spain on the subject, he said that fans of the saga can rest assured about licensing officers. Although not yet officially announced anything about it, Borja de Altolaguirre, press officer of Konami Spain, we confirmed that in the coming days or weeks, Konami will make an official announcement on licensing of the European version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 , Including the presence of the Spanish League. We will keep you informed.

Game is looking nice, it's PES at it's core. If only they added more animations and fixed the other things such as collission, goal/net styles, stadium editor, running animations etc..

Rumours from Wikipedia (Thanks rocky)

Shoes list :

Nike Air Legend II
Nike Total90 Laser II
Nike Mercurial Vapor IV
Nike Ronaldinho Dois
PUMA v-Konstrukt II
PUMA King XI
PUMA V1.08
ADIDAS adiPURE
ADIDAS F50.8
ADIDAS World Cup
REEBOK Sprintfit Lite Pro
REEBOK KFS Sprintfit Pro II

New Stadium :

Wembley
Stade de France (StrangeVilla Marie don't look like)
Allianz Arena
Veltins-Arena
Old Trafford
Anfield
Råsunda Stadium
Grolsch Veste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2009#Release

Alot of true from this list ;))
but few surprises for me too

Last edited:

How crazy would it be if Bayern's stadium was in the game yet the actual team isn't?!

Rumours from Wikipedia (Thanks rocky)

Shoes list :

Nike Air Legend II
Nike Total90 Laser II
Nike Mercurial Vapor IV
Nike Ronaldinho Dois
PUMA v-Konstrukt II
PUMA King XI
PUMA V1.08
ADIDAS adiPURE
ADIDAS F50.8
ADIDAS World Cup
REEBOK Sprintfit Lite Pro
REEBOK KFS Sprintfit Pro II

New Stadium :

Wembley
Stade de France (StrangeVilla Marie don't look like)
Allianz Arena
Old Trafford
Anfield
Råsunda Stadium
Grolsch Veste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2009#Release

Alot of true from this list ;))
but few surprises for me too

thanks for the info... would be great if true.. hopefully we find out more about licence on thursday when the next PSM3 comes out

is it confirmed that we wont have untucked shirts and low/high socks?
im still trying to spot one in the videos..no lucy though..so im starting to get afraid konami riped this from the game like in pes2007(xbox360)

this threads gone interesting all of a sudden lol (V is a joker)

but yeah back on topic any idea on a demo release date ....... will they even release on unlike last year which was baaaaaaaare late

the demo will be released the same week of the game itself. Confirmed by a gamespot article sometime ago.

Sucks what happened at WENB. Something similar happened here w/ some of my posts too. They were just deleted as if my thoughts dont matter. And although I am a neutral footy game fan! Pathetic!

Most of the rubbish has been deleted. Back on to PES and its foibles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom