PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Personally the transfer window is where i love this game. Buying players that hope peak at the red 90s etc is really fun. Buy legends is quality as their loaded with high stats all over. They dont do anything to it on purpose becuase they know is class, not becuase their lazy. Compared to taking ages sorting out be a legend maode, ML would take 5 mins so their obviously just leaving it because there aint nothing wrong with it.

The thing now where your players become unhappy runs quite in depth effecting gameplay alot more than people realise

Lol i am just watching Man City v West Ham and Corluka was completely out of position and west ham played a ball right where the space was. EXACTLY almost to a tee just how it happend in pes 2009. I definetly remember loads of peeps saying how unrealistic people thought it was when it happend in 2009 but i guess their wrong, along with thinking pes 2009 is not much of an improvement.

The simplicity of the Master League is why I became tired with it. I want to play real leagues, not a fantasy league.

what could the exclusives be?

Im thinking they will be the first to show screens of the mp3 import and jpeg import.

probably about the new european mode(best bet would be the CL) or summat...

Right, I've cleared this thread up a bit again. I've had enough with the "war" between the two games, this is the PES news,rumours and discussion thread. You want a negative comparison thread? Then open one.

Mention of Fifa in this thread is fine, if you do it constructively and it it's in a positive manner be it as standalone comment as to why you appreciate Fifa more for a certain aspect PES lacks, or vice-versa. Once you can relate it to PES and the upcoming release then it's all good.

However, if I see any of that useless crap I've just spent time going through and deleting, not only will I delete it on sight, I will also be starting to hand out bans, be they a day for a first time infraction, a week for a subsequent infraction... or worse.

You have been warned!

Right, I've cleared this thread up a bit again. I've had enough with the "war" between the two games, this is the PES news,rumours and discussion thread. You want a negative comparison thread? Then open one.

Mention of Fifa in this thread is fine, if you do it constructively and it it's in a positive manner be it as standalone comment as to why you appreciate Fifa more for a certain aspect PES lacks, or vice-versa. Once you can relate it to PES and the upcoming release then it's all good.

However, if I see any of that useless crap I've just spent time going through and deleting, not only will I delete it on sight, I will also be starting to hand out bans, be they a day for a first time infraction, a week for a subsequent infraction... or worse.

You have been warned!

Thank God for that, cheers Dar. It really was getting boring reading through pages and pages of abuse.

If you're not going to buy the game, don't. Leave it there. I for one don't care if you buy the game or not, all I care about is being able to view any news or rumours that surface in relation to PES 2009. Please stop ruining the thread for others who are genuinely interested in buying this title. Leave the childish remarks to your feeble minded friends.

---------------------------------

Right, back on topic. In my opinion the latest videos seem to be of a later build to some of those filmed directly from Leipzig. The animations seem a little smoother and the general gameplay seems to be tighter.

I really like playing against different style teams. Creating you own league is really good. I do all the leagues by hand so i pick a top 4 for each league and so on till its filled up. Good fun. You get to play against the best teams in the world on a regualr basis and can filter out the rubbish teams like Hull or w/e.

I watch stuff about the premiership inside out every day and other leagues so it gets a bit boring. Creating your own leagues and teams is quality as you can get exactly what you want. I like playing a completely different team week in week out. For example one week i'd be playing Barcelona and the next week i'd be playing Torino.

When you think about it there are real leagues and you can do the England league on pes if you want and the spanish! But people dont becuase the ML is so fun and original. Its the only thing like it imo.

Last edited:

The only reason why I like PES/WE is because of the gameplay. I dont worry much about the licenses or menus because no matter how many teams are licensed or not, every single one of them will be patched/editted. The menus and all teams would still be editted even if the game was 100% licensed. So to me, if the gameplay is realistic, I am playing it. Konami is best known for the gameplay not for the licenses or designs.

So far as I can see in the videos , the defending is much better, pace is better , slower, shooting is harder, just that keepers seems weird, and I hope opnline is good and its ok. What I dont like is that theres no 360 movement but only in 8 directions, thats shame.

You wont get 360 degree movement until PES 2010 sadly since it requires a new game engine. This and full manual passing on the X button is what I have been waiting for in next gen PES. Hopefully next years version will deliver.

If they spend ages developing a new engine how are they gonna make quality gameplay and quality gameplay modes.

By developing the new engine they can make game modes tailor made to the best aspects of it.

PES2010 will hopefully be a masterpeice.

Speaking of masterpeices, I'm currently playing through the International Cup on ISS Pro '98. What a game! Plus it comes with the handy feature of automatically sorting the teams into the 98 World Cup groups if you so wish.

I'd love some of these stadiums to be done for current PES games as well.

Shah Alam stadium in Malaysia is in it, Wembley is in, Kashima Soccer Stadium (before its 2002 WC renovation), An unknown stadium thats a huge bowl with a roof over the two side stands, the Pontiac Silverdome and a training stadium that has four simple stands, and looks very Japanese.

Wonderful stuff.

Last edited:

If they spend ages developing a new engine how are they gonna make quality gameplay and quality gameplay modes.
The new engine would most likely bring quality gameplay with it, that is why I think PES needs one.

Imagine PES with:

360 degree analog dribbling/passing/shooting (very important imo)
Realistic collisions
More/better tricks
Better fatigue/injury system
Much improved ball physics
Much improved player physics (momentum)
More and better animations
More complex/better AI for opposition and teammates
and more...

I think they are all realistic possibilities in PES2010 if it is a complete overhaul and a new engine. I think it may be good in the long term for PES that FIFA has actually surpassed it's gameplay in some people's opinions (not all, though) as they will have to work hard to get those customers back, making them have to produce a better game.

I think 09 is just to keep most people happy until 2010, that will be the one I will be looking forward to hearing more of, but we probably won't get any news on that for 9/10 months...

This game is becoming more and more a great game, it will keep me busy till the great pes 2010. And if that game dissapoints, I think noone will ever look at konami again.

By developing the new engine they can make game modes tailor made to the best aspects of it.

PES2010 will hopefully be a masterpeice.

Speaking of masterpeices, I'm currently playing through the International Cup on ISS Pro '98. What a game! Plus it comes with the handy feature of automatically sorting the teams into the 98 World Cup groups if you so wish.

I'd love some of these stadiums to be done for current PES games as well.

Shah Alam stadium in Malaysia is in it, Wembley is in, Kashima Soccer Stadium (before its 2002 WC renovation), An unknown stadium thats a huge bowl with a roof over the two side stands, the Pontiac Silverdome and a training stadium that has four simple stands, and looks very Japanese.

Wonderful stuff.

I think we were much more humble back in the golden days. All the pretty colours and weird rectangle men running about on a variety of green squares, all to the sounds of what must have a collection of noises in midi files.

I also remember ISS64, the scenario mode was genius. Another highlight was schooling my 18 year old brother even though I was a wee kid. I particularly remember his keeper throwing the ball out on the edge of the box, only for it to go straight at my striker, who promptly launched it into the net (with the aid of curl from those weird yellow "c" buttons on the N64 pad).

Hmmm, now I want to go over the scenario modes again. I'm sure that my pre-pubescent self found some of the tricker scenarios just a tad too hard, I shall regain my honour.

Last edited:

The new engine would most likely bring quality gameplay with it, that is why I think PES needs one.

Imagine PES with:

Realistic collisions
More/better tricks
and more...

I think they are all realistic possibilities in PES2010 if it is a complete overhaul and a new engine. I think it may be good in the long term for PES that FIFA has actually surpassed it's gameplay in some people's opinions (not all, though) as they will have to work hard to get those customers back, making them have to produce a better game.

I think 09 is just to keep most people happy until 2010, that will be the one I will be looking forward to hearing more of, but we probably won't get any news on that for 9/10 months...

Too right mate. But you forgot to add manual passing. ;)

there will be scenarios mode in pes 2009?

the last i've played was in the iss games of the snes!

Imagine PES with:

Realistic collisions
More/better tricks
and more...

yeah and penalty spots,theres none on next gen consoles:lmao: why are there no penalty spots in pes 2009 and pes2008?

Last edited:

The penalties on PES need to be like FIFA who have it spot on.

I see some of my posts have been removed, some haven't. It's obvious I haven't abused anything since only some were removed. If I was obviously flaming, Im sure all my posts would have been removed! Really doesn't make sense. Why? I don't get it. Im as objective as anyone else here.

Does anyone know if the in-direct free kicks are the same as PES2008/PES6/PES5/PES4/PES3 I.E USELESS?

I'm sick of trying to float balls into the box that do nothing and don't go where I aim the ball to go. rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom