PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

You can see in that video that players will stick their feet out to block a shot and it works successfully when Portugal takes the first shot.

True, but this was in PES2008 already. What lacked in last year though was when the ball would roll past a player without a move to intercept.

Someone knows if Konami said something about lag or no-lag online?

!!
img00049nf2vg5.jpg

thanx WENB

WENB, "I’ve had numerous emails from subscribers stating that they have received letters and emails stating they will receive the issue on the day, or even after it hits the stands! The email reads:"

This is a courtesy email just to let you know that you’ll be receiving your next issue of PSM3 on or around the 29th August. The delay is due to some great exclusive content that has resulted in us having to send out your subscription copy slightly later than planned. We have an unrivalled hands-on with PES 2009, including some time-sensitive new information, plus all-new information on TimeSplitters 4, and much, much more.

I can watch all the trailers and pics and listen to everyones bull all about how it will be, BUT until I ACTUALLY PLAY IT FOR MYSELF, i will reserve my judgement and not get caught up into a slaging match and "diss" Seabass

Dude thats just wrong. I enjoy playing the ML too what does that make me?

I simply looooove the ML...
Of course i wouldlike it to be more realistic, but i prefer it to the very realistic Manager Mode of FIFA08 (but to be fiar FIFA's gameplay was better last year)...like i already said before, what i miss in FIFA is the fact that different players and teams "feel" different in PES...if this could have been realised in FIFA08 then i wouldn't hesitate...

nice antraxa, u could be a future adboard maker for the pes community :D

after the psm3 mag is in shops whe should get a lot more info about editmode,a good editmode is at least as good as in ps2 pes6,the gameplay is most important but a good editmode is for me more important than grafics,the limited editing in pes2008 was just one more thing that made it a crap game,for a pes 2009 with the good old gameplay its crucial.

The game seems a little faster, more like the PS2 versions which were much better than the current generation of games.
But with PES games taking up almost a third of my video game collection, I'm still gonna have to try before I buy.

Like the gameplay vid above.

Yes its more "mechanical" than FIFA but the ball physics are brilliant.One thing that PES always did well was the variety in goalscoring.That Vid showed a goal which confirms there is going to ba alot of variety.

Pretty much everything except that the pitch looks good and the players faces look extraordinary. Probably the best faces Ive seen in a sports title. While I think PES 2009 is gonna be an ok playable title and fun, I expected alot more especially being that this is their 3rd try on next gen. I am letdown. At this point, PES should look a totally different game.
what do you mean by a totally different game? if you liked the graphics what you mean you expected a lot more? on gameplay? i think konami with pes 2009 got back on track and is MORE than enough for 1 year don't you think?

Like the gameplay vid above.

Yes its more "mechanical" than FIFA but the ball physics are brilliant.One thing that PES always did well was the variety in goalscoring.That Vid showed a goal which confirms there is going to ba alot of variety.

that's true, the ball was bouncing realisticly when he scored,
it reminded me of pes3 goal variatys, it feelt every goal was different in that version, sure is looking fine, apart from the sharp turning animations:brick:

look what i make
1116211_orig.jpg

nice adboard,
u have the preview right?
if this is true could you confirm the nike boots and balls are in?
If they are could you show a screen of them?

oh yeah what have they done to ronaldinho face this year looks awful
I don't think the game is looking to bad this year hopefully the game will turn out to be like pes5 (my fav in the series) but without the excessive fouls.

I simply looooove the ML...
Of course i wouldlike it to be more realistic, but i prefer it to the very realistic Manager Mode of FIFA08 (but to be fiar FIFA's gameplay was better last year)...like i already said before, what i miss in FIFA is the fact that different players and teams "feel" different in PES...if this could have been realised in FIFA08 then i wouldn't hesitate...

You should give FIFA 09 a try then mate, As i play tested a older build to the Leipzig one yet I could definetly see where EA have improvd that part of the game.

I love the ML for 1 thing. SIMPLICITY. Play games and buy players. Thats all i get from konami but i love it. If you complicated it with tonnes of crap then i'd just get bored quickly. The root of pes's quality is gameplay and that is 80% of the ML. Their just sticking to what their good at.

I love the ML for 1 thing. SIMPLICITY. Play games and buy players. Thats all i get from konami but i love it. If you complicated it with tonnes of crap then i'd just get bored quickly. The root of pes's quality is gameplay and that is 80% of the ML. Their just sticking to what their good at.

some people would argue thats what they are lazy at!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom