PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Exactly my thoughts aswell. I've been playing PES/ISS for about 12 years now (I'm 31 btw) and from what I've seen so far IMO EA looks like taking the title this season and Konami must be ready for relegation battles for the second year in a row.

I'm gutted... If I was a supporter of Konami (as a club) I'd be singing "You'll never walk alone.." but as I want the better football game to enjoy myself, I'm thinking of changing teams... that's just my opinion guys.

I REALLY hope that the final build will be much better as big competition will make both companies work harder.

Scorpio, that are some hard (might be true) words from a die hard pes-player. Only thing if i see Fifa 09: when a player shoots a ball in to the net or when passes long/cross, it has still that strange pre-programmed curve and cannot match the pes-quality. For the rest (running, short passes etc.) it looks indeed better then PES.

Are my infos correct ? Online is only 2vs2 and be a legend online ONLY vs CPU ? Be a legend online max 4 players vs CPU ? Is that right ?

Ha then i guess you'll never play fifa then :)
I do play FIFA and will be playing FIFA 09 :-pp.

Don't count it out before you give it a chance mate, it has seriously improved a lot. I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole a couple of years ago but now it is good.

You seem to just have sided with PES and everything FIFA is crap and everything PES is perfect :-ll Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yh i know fifa has come up with some good stuff but i just love the the ML where you can put all the teams you want in each league. That negotiation thing sounds quite good as now you cant leave players on the bench all the time and will give you soming to think about and there may yet still be the champions league intergreated into the ML.

For me fifa's pitch and players just seems so small. There never seems to be any space on the pitch and dont get me started on trying to sprint past someone with the ball.

Sprinting past someone with the ball is easy, in fact too easy, you just use knockahead........

It seems to me (and forgive me if its a generalisation) that people who are hardcore gamers of one game simply don't give the other game a proper go because they try to play it like the game they just left, when going from PES to Fifa the worst possible thing to do is to try to play it as if you're still playing PES, it just won't work, I remember the first time I tried ISS on the PS1 all those years ago, after about 20 mins I gave up saying to myself "this game is utter shit", I didn't play it again for a few weeks then for whatever reason I decided to try it again, this time persevered with it, learned how the game should be played rather than trying to play it like Fifa or whatever other Football game I was playing at the time and lo and behold before I knew it I had grasped the fundamental elements of the game and started to play some good football, Fifa08 is the same, learn how to play it properly and you will be rewarded by the greatest football gaming experience on next gen IMO.

Playing Fifa is like being a die hard Liverpool fan and thinking Man Utd are a great team with great character and have the best fans in the World. It just doesnt work. You either love pes or Fifa. There isnt a middle ground.

Sorry but that is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read.

Being blind to enjoying any other game because you liked a series' games is fanboy-ism at it's finest. And very childish.

Sprinting past someone with the ball is easy, in fact too easy, you just use knockahead........

It seems to me (and forgive me if its a generalisation) that people who are hardcore gamers of one game simply don't give the other game a proper go because they try to play it like the game they just left, when going from PES to Fifa the worst possible thing to do is to try to play it as if you're still playing PES, it just won't work, I remember the first time I tried ISS on the PS1 all those years ago, after about 20 mins I gave up saying to myself "this game is utter shit", I didn't play it again for a few weeks then for whatever reason I decided to try it again, this time persevered with it, learned how the game should be played rather than trying to play it like Fifa or whatever other Football game I was playing at the time and lo and behold before I knew it I had grasped the fundamental elements of the game and started to play some good football, Fifa08 is the same, learn how to play it properly and you will be rewarded by the greatest football gaming experience on next gen IMO.
Exactly - FIFA has to be played like real football, with patient build up play whereas when playing PES it always seemed like a goal rush where it's always just attack after attack.

I was majorly frustrated with FIFA until I adapted to it and started playing in the style it requires.

Yh i know fifa has come up with some good stuff but i just love the the ML where you can put all the teams you want in each league. That negotiation thing sounds quite good as now you cant leave players on the bench all the time and will give you soming to think about and there may yet still be the champions league intergreated into the ML.

For me fifa's pitch and players just seems so small. There never seems to be any space on the pitch and dont get me started on trying to sprint past someone with the ball.
Haha, so you would rather have a fantasy made up league where the currency is just "P" and you have teams from loads of different countries playing in the Premiership? Instead of having the real football league structure ala FIFA Manager Mode? :LOL:

Also, you can sprint past players (as Placebo said) and I havn't noticed the pitch being too small - I play football quite a bit and I also go to most of the Coventry home games and football pitches aren't massive I don't think, they look bigger on TV than they are in real life, I think FIFA has it right...

Last edited by a moderator:

gameplay-92.jpg

;))

You may be the first person in history to say he likes the Master League, and that cements my opnion that you're stuck up Seabass' arse.

I loved the master league up until PES3 where the lack of improvements seriously started to do my head in, then after PES5 I'd given up as Konami had clearly given up on me as a gamer, you can only keep winning everything on 6* every season for a certain length of time........

Playing Fifa is like being a die hard Liverpool fan and thinking Man Utd are a great team with great character and have the best fans in the World. It just doesnt work. You either love pes or Fifa. There isnt a middle ground.

Congratulations!

You've just won the award for most ridiculous post of the day!:TU:

Other clubs list for PES2009

Belgium :
Anderlecht
FC Bruges
Standard de Liège

Croatia :
Dinamo Zagreb

Czech Rep :
Slavia Prague

Denmark :
Brondby
FC Conpenhague

Finland :
HJK Helsinki

Greece :
Olympiakos
Panatinaikos
AEK Athènes

Norway :
Rosenborg

Portugal :
Benfica
FC Porto
Sporting

Roumania :
CFR Cluj

Russia :
Zénith

Scotland :
Celtic
Rangers

Sweden :
AIK
IFK Goteborg
Hammarby

Switzerland :
Bâle

Turkey :
Besiktas
Fenerbahçe
Galatasaray

Ukraine :
Shakhtar Donetsk
Dynamo Kiev

Argentina :
Boca
River Plate

Brazil :
Internacional

Other clubs list for PES2009

Belgium :
Anderlecht
FC Bruges
Standard de Liège

Croatia :
Dinamo Zagreb

Czech Rep :
Slavia Prague

Denmark :
Brondby
FC Conpenhague

Finland :
HJK Helsinki

Greece :
Olympiakos
Panatinaikos
AEK Athènes

Norway :
Rosenborg

Portugal :
Benfica
FC Porto
Sporting

Roumania :
CFR Cluj

Russia :
Zénith

Scotland :
Celtic
Rangers

Sweden :
AIK
IFK Goteborg
Hammarby

Switzerland :
Bâle

Turkey :
Besiktas
Fenerbahçe
Galatasaray

Ukraine :
Shakhtar Donetsk
Dynamo Kiev

Argentina :
Boca
River Plate

Brazil :
Internacional

that proves that the champions league licence is in pes2009

PC beta version :) from PC ot my frend BoGLe

BULGARIAAA

That is all for now ;)
P.S. oo one more :

Last edited:

@antraxa - a while ago I heard a rumour that the TRUE vertical camera was returning to PES2009 after an absence of 10 years (last time was ISS98, I think).

The true vertical camera is always behind your team in both halves of the match. Since ISS98 (or whenever it was), the vertical option has sadly seen you attacking 'downscreen' in one half of the game.

Can you confirm whether a true vertical camera, i.e. your team always attacks UPscreen in both halves, is back for PES2009?

Cheers.

thanks im trying, anw mate what exactly you didn't liked of what you've seen and heard so far in leipzig or from seabass interview-video regarding pes 2009?

Pretty much everything except that the pitch looks good and the players faces look extraordinary. Probably the best faces Ive seen in a sports title. While I think PES 2009 is gonna be an ok playable title and fun, I expected alot more especially being that this is their 3rd try on next gen. I am letdown. At this point, PES should look a totally different game.

AAARGH! if i see another Espina or Castoro i am gonna puke! :)
By the way last year FIFA was surely better than Pes 2008 but i had the same problem with it, there wasn't enough space to pass, run, move(and shooting and crossing was awful). This year it seem slightly better for the space and quite good for shoots and crosses, at least from the videos.

But in the end after i played FIFA for one year i admit that i really want pes2009 to be good, i just realized that i am a fanboy i wanna pes!(10 years of a game are too much to change one day to another)

Perfect definition of a fanboy! It makes no sense. Why not be open minded and give each game a try? I have a feeling that they can insert a piece of turd in it (literally) and you would praise them. The only loyalty I have is to my family and my club. Aside from that I will be playing and giving my hard earned money to the company that produces the better game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom