PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I think it's gotta do with the cursor switch (auto,semi,manual,semi-fixed,fixed).
I agree with this....
It's the semi-fixed mode they are talking about.
...but not with this. They talk about manual cursor switch, because that's the one which is replaced.

Why do I like that article?

Technically PES 2009 already makes all right and lets you quickly forget last year's immature debut on the PS3.

;)

...but not with this. They talk about manual cursor switch, because that's the one which is replaced.
The one they explained int he article is very similar to the previous "semi-fixed" control though Han.

I just read Lami's signature once again:

"Well I can already promise you that next year's version of PES will have a lot more new features" [STATUS: on its way - ]

- Be a Legend career mode
- Take your player online
- New control system
- New camera angle(s)

"Now I'm able to promise new things and a complete overhaul in every aspect" [STATUS: lagging behind]

- AI improvement
- Control improvement
- Higher polygon count

"All the new modes which we are going to put in the game for next season are already finished" [STATUS: Complete :mrgreen: ]

This is sort of a joke, actually... This would mean thay they hadn't done anything this year :P Still, if the CL proves to be right, then there's even one more mode!

"It's not just the new modes which are important, but changes to the actually gameplay are even more crucial" [STATUS: so far, apparently so good]

Word around the forums and the media is that the gameplay is very good. Let's see.

----

So, as you see, there's a good chance that at least some of Lami's signature quotes are true :)

About the control, yes, it seems to be pretty much the semi-fixed control method, even though I'm still not sold on it. I'll give it more time during the following days.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

Yeah I am pessimistic Paolo. After reading the same bullshit in one form or another since pes3 I only feel Konami should be sued for their blantent lying with pr to sell more units.

They listened to the fans so much, and they tried so much to please the fans and their patching community that they included a new feature that FIFA doesn't have yet: the face modelling feature, which is used by many modding communities.

Still, many people here were the first to shoot it down and say that Konami doesn't listen to the fans and never brings anything new to the table.

Talk about ungratitude, huh?

So how many editing slots did they reserve for the kits?

if the CL proves to be wrong, then there's even one more mode!

Yeah if they have added the ability to have home and away games during the group stages (the only thing lacking from the custom cup options). Amazing work!

"Now I'm able to promise new things and a complete overhaul in every aspect" [STATUS: lagging behind]

- AI improvement
- Control improvement
- Higher polygon count

Contradicting yourself there, improvement vs overhaul doesnt go toghether ;)

Yeah I am pessimistic Paolo. After reading the same bullshit in one form or another since pes3 I only feel Konami should be sued for their blantent lying with pr to sell more units.

So how many editing slots did they reserve for the kits?

Yeah if they have added the ability to have home and away games during the group stages (the only thing lacking from the custom cup options). Amazing work!

im abit pessimistic but at the same time preying that they can deliver

im abit pessimistic but at the same time preying that they can deliver

Me too.

Expectations at an all time low. Especially here.

But like an underdog in the F.A. Cup, maybe (from what we hear) just maybe
PES will be good this year. Why?

1) Slower gameplay
2) Better balance between attacking and defending
3) Enhanced player models/graphics (still better than the competition too)
4) Control the receiving player, interesting, wait and see
5) Full Edit mode- useful
6) Champions League mode, best tournament in the world if done right
7) Liverpool FC license (lol)

All will be revealed...

I really hope they have more than 20 replay slots in the PC version this year. Couldn't believe it last year

My last little request, which was rain effecting the gameplay seems to be in the game so may be this one will be too

Leipzeg can't come soon enough. This place will meltdown if the shakey cam footage doesn't impress us.

- AI improvement
- Control improvement
- Higher polygon count

I know it doesn't go together, that's why I say it's still lagging behind ;)

About the CL:

...so you'd rather have no CL? :| People moan about licenses, then when they get some, they disregard them... I admit, licenses are not my cup of tea, but I really can appreciate the effort going on there!

I try to keep my expectations low, to prevent myself from being ass-raped like last year. However, I try not to be pessimistic so I don't end up risking spoiling other people's enjoyment :) There's a subtle difference there.

Best regards, and thanks for the replies TikTik.

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

Good morning everyone.

That's a great translation you got there! Thanks!

@ARTILHEIRO: the champions league license has apparently been acquired by Konami. The source is from here:

http://playstationuniverse.wordpres...quire-uefa-champions-league-license/#more-641

I don't know how true that is, but it is cited in some places where the Champions League license in PES is discussed. It might be just a rumor, but it was what I found.

However, even if it is true, it doesn't mean that it will be present in PES 2009.

It would make sense that they did include it, because the CL license is importance is mostly reflected in the European market. If it doesn't make it into PES 2009, then it's a full year they are not going to profit from the license, while paying for it.

However, having been acquired so late in the cycle might make it hard for them to implement the new game modes/licenses without either delaying the game or breaking some stuff...

Personally, I'd like to believe that, if it is true, it will be present in PES2009. Let's see.

To TikTikTik: you do enjoy getting the hopes of everyone down with that pessimistic attitude, right? ;)

Come on, last years preview was pretty poor.

This year's preview tells you about a couple of new things that apparently don't matter, such as:

- The new control system
- The defensive AI
- The new game mode
- The possibility to take your player online a la "Be a Pro" in FIFA (this I'm inferring from the rest of the info that has been made somewhat public earlier)
- The rain affecting the players and the physics

No matter what they add, some people just won't be satisfied right? What has FIFA done this year to justify such a hype?

- Tweaks to gameplay
- Improved online
- Improved physics

It's really on the same level. Isn't this what they promise every year also, and is on every preview? You're just being too pessimistic overall - every other post from you either attacks Konami or PES, and tries to cast doubt about everything new that comes up.

I can concede that the previewer might be over-hyping some of the stuff, but it is far from being "just the same as every year". :)

Furthermore, I recalled last night the tragedy that was PES2008's big announcement for the fans.

They listened to the fans so much, and they tried so much to please the fans and their patching community that they included a new feature that FIFA doesn't have yet: the face modelling feature, which is used by many modding communities.

Still, many people here were the first to shoot it down and say that Konami doesn't listen to the fans and never brings anything new to the table.

Talk about ungratitude, huh? :|

They are listening, and I trust that they know what they are doing. PES2009 is shaping up to be a good game - and I'm not saying that it will or that it won't be better than FIFA.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Nice post - But I still don't believe they are listening.

How many fans wanted wierd Dog animations etc in the Master League? and all the other irrelevant pointless stuff they added?

They just added this stuff to say they have changed stuff.

They took away more stuff than they added - thats not what the fans asked for aswell.

But lets see more reviews - hopefully unbiased ones. Because that otherone just didn't sit right with me.

Hopefully it will do well.

How many fans wanted wierd Dog animations etc in the Master League? and all the other irrelevant pointless stuff they added?

The dog wasn't animated.

Stop spreading these libellous slurs.

You should be able to buy dogs in the transfer window that go on the master league background. Then can be your assistant coach for hard decisions at half time when you're losing.

...so you'd rather have no CL? People moan about licenses, then when they get some, they disregard them... I admit, licenses are not my cup of tea, but I really can appreciate the effort going on there!

I think its an excellent piece of work from konami to add the CL license. If they do it correctly it will definitly add to the game. I just mentioned it as a response to your "new mode" claim showing that it actually is hardly an addition as a mode.

I'll stop posting in here, as yes I am being very pessimistic. However that is born out of frustration with Konami and is not aimed at getting people down, merely venting my frustration.

Unless all the teams competing in the Champions League are licensed what's the point of acquiring the license?

Better than nothing I guess? I think its also good for a start. We also don't have enough info about it and how it might turn out.

Paolo Taveres, I want to have your babies. You sir are the epitomy of all that is good in this dark and pessimistic world.

On topic: I am wondering how this new passing and moving control is going to be after about 10years of WE/PES I am most interested in this.

Unless all the teams competing in the Champions League are licensed what's the point of acquiring the license?

if that's true about CL:pray:, and if they get the license of the champion leage,
i sure aspect to have all the teams in the competicion to be licensed,
that's a way for konami to get more licensed teams on the game, otherwise i don't see konamis interest there:SHAKE:
but knowing konami having problem, with having no more then 2 premiership teams licensed thanx to ea, they have to come up with this idea:-!.

Well, I don't like at all how these control changes sound. I want to have a solid good manual way of doing things, from switching players to pass , long pass, shoot, etc... From what I guess, this new control feature sounds totally uninspiring to me.

Let's see how it develops and let's wait to Leipzig.

PS: When a journalist makes a sentence like "It's better than Fifa for sure" it really saddens me. Sentences like that show only fanboyism, because he's not even comparing strong and weak points of each one, nor even telling why he feels it's better. And again, better doesn't mean more realistic. There's people who thinks (and not a pun intended, everyone can like what he wants, of course!) PES 2008 is far better than Fifa, and we will all agree that regardless of which is better (that most of the times relies on personal preferences that can vary a lot), Fifa looked far more realistic in nearly all aspects except faces when being near the players.

I don't think CL license mean all teams playing CL are licensed. Remember EA's latest UEFA CL game:
- no teams from NL or some other coutries are licensed. Hopefully KONAMI can at least use "unlicensed, but real" teams, like EA (and as far as I remember TIF) did. e.g. no Bayern Muenchen, but Muenchen.

On top of all this good news we have to remember the other little things like crowed chants you can get amoung other things

KONAMI FFS!!! leave the controls alone - focus on getting a game that is 100% complete (ie full edit mode, no frame rate issue, no weird generic goal styles, terrible textures) - please just give us the ps2 game with updated graphics. Thats your core done. then year on year mould and sculpt to truly innovate and become a full next gen product!

Its that easy...

I'm worried. if you dont have an option to switch this control method off - we could be fcuked.

i cant see either fifa09 or pes2009 reaching the levels the old gen pro games reached (ie. high 90's on metacritic)...what a shambles after nearly 2+ years of next gen consoles.

I think its an excellent piece of work from konami to add the CL license. If they do it correctly it will definitly add to the game. I just mentioned it as a response to your "new mode" claim showing that it actually is hardly an addition as a mode.

I'll stop posting in here, as yes I am being very pessimistic. However that is born out of frustration with Konami and is not aimed at getting people down, merely venting my frustration.

By no means would I want you to stop posting because you are very pessimistic or whatsoever, mate. This is both a place for people who are naively over-hyped for the game, as well as those who are terribly pessimistic - and all the rest in-between. I'm just trying too keep the mood from getting to the lower standards that the other threads usually get to, so please don't resent me.

It's true, it might not be a new mode per se, if it is implemented as you're mentioning. Odds are, that's exactly how it's going to be - and hopefully a tie-in with the Master League...

...But imagine if they go farther: remember the "International Challenge" mode that was present a couple of PES's/WE's ago, where you also had the qualifiers? Even though I don't believe that they'll go as far as including some sort of qualifiers there, it would be pretty nice.

Even more: in PES5 (and, hopefully, the later ones also, even though I didn't play league mode then) you had the league mode where you could also have cup games between seasons.

What if they also have Champions League matches in the following seasons? What if you can play other teans during the qualifiers round?

There are so many possibilities - sadly, most of them, wishful thinking - but hey, it's better than nothing :)

For those who don't see the purpose of Konami grabbing the CL license, let me suggest something that just came up in my mind, and I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this theory. Could it be that it would also be for marketing purposes, such as PES sponsoring some CL events/being present in CL adboards, or at least be advertised during CL games and say "an official UEFA Champions League product"?

Does it make sense? Is this the way things also go in what concerns licensing? I recall that PES here in Portugal was advertised heavily during the Portuguese league matches, during the breaks, highlighting the fact that it had the licenses for the 3 top clubs (and respective stadiums) from Portugal. So it's sort of a 1-2 punch. It ets the competition in game - granted, it's not such a big difference from the usual modes - but it also gets a marketing boost.

TikTik: once again, keep posting. Your educated pessimistic comments add to this thread's ying/yang :) Sorry if I pushed that pessimistic button too much. My bad.

@zeemeister: if you are the person in that photo, I'll meet you after work to start working on it :mrgreen:

@gesusaldinho:

KONAMI FFS!!! leave the controls alone (...)

I'm worried. if you dont have an option to switch this control method off - we could be fcuked.

from the article:

Unfortunatelly the
traditional manual control was cancelled for this variant. Apart from that you only have the choice between automatic and half-automatic control.

What it says is that, apparently, the full "manual" setting from the previous game was substituted by this semi-fixed. You still have "Automatic" and the several "semi-automatic" levels - hopefully the lower level of "semi-auto" is what the previous "manual" was, so I don't see this as a such a huge problem. The previous control system HAS NOT been substituted.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

The thing I never got was seeing PES advertising boards at football games but not many Fifa ones. Surely the one place you want to advertise your game would be at a football match?

Wouldn't be great if we could play the real CL (meaning having the groups actually being played) online? A CL online tournament... Also, it doesn't matter if they still haven't included the CL mode, nowadays they can releas a patch with this mode.

The thing I never got was seeing PES advertising boards at football games but not many Fifa ones. Surely the one place you want to advertise your game would be at a football match?

Of course not. The best place to advertise is at the shop or at the tv. :OT:

Ask EA they released an entire game based on that license and charged full price.
Trust me that license is a big deal especially at the point of sale.

Ask EA they released an entire game based on that license and charged full price.
Trust me that license is a big deal especially at the point of sale.

There's a chance Konami will do the same. If the CL license is not incorporated in PES2009 in some way then can you see them waiting until PES2010 until they take advantage of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom