PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

You listen to the crossbar and realise that old school football sounds are returning.

All is good with the world.

My interpretation of the trailor:

*The start-stop movement
Looked a little silly. Footballers don't tend to just suddenly stand still, or stand still at all for that matter.

*The chipped pass
Seemed very floaty and very straight. For me the defending player had ample time to get in front and head clear.

*The through ball
Looked accurate, good pace on the ball and a bit of curl as to be expected. Can't fault this.

*The cross
Again, very floaty.

*The header
Good animation but it seemed not to have to much power but then rebounds off the crossbar with great speed. Looked very unrealistic.

*The Goalkeeper's Dive
I hope they sped up the video here because apart from the dive not making much sense he seems to rise and fall awfully quickly.

And that's it really, most of it was critical but I did like the check inside by the winger, and the way Messi shruggs off the defender to get the goal. Also the animation of the scoring header looked great, her realy got his neck into it.

On the whole, it looks better than 08 but let's just see how it plays.

http://www.pesforum.de/pes-2008-allgemein/57121-pes-2009-diskussionsthread-21.html

just found that one on a german forum... it is a scan from the german magazine play3

my short summary:

- first of all no new screens :(
- the guys from the mag were specially invited by konami to test the version
- they played a very early version of the game but it run really smooth ;)
- even at this early version all seemed very finshed (cleaned up)
- the players response improved (improved ball controll(handling), ability to pass really quick
- AI imrpoved alot more agressive and better position play ("they played at normal and found the AI "scary" in a good way ;) )
- the AI improved alot in defensive play
- new manual pass control... "if your team is in control of the ball the AI is in position of the player with the ball... but as soon as you press L1 you can control the player with the ball" ;) nice
- "the new pass system only sound complicated in the first way it is really easy to adapt"
- the control setting "manual" is replaced by the new control system, automatic and half automatic is still there
- the player models look even better... the polygon figure has increased
- the author mentioned a few new animations ("players wave with there hands to ask for the ball, you can see players stumble aside, players slide longer on wet grass
- players reaction in rain changed alot... balls are hard to control, shoots getting more harder to catch for the goalies, it is harder to pass correctly
- a new mode which allows you to use your saved file online
- the author from the magazines is not allowed to tell more about the new mode

short summary of the author:

- in terms of gameplay he can sure tell PES 2009 beats Fifa 09
- technically PES 2009 felt really well done not like the beta version PES 2008... but he only got the changes to test the offline modus "the game runs smooth as butter"

sounds all good so far...

Last edited:

http://www.pesforum.de/pes-2008-allgemein/57121-pes-2009-diskussionsthread-21.html

just found that one on a german forum... it is a scan from the german magazine play3

my short summary:

- the players response improved (improved ball controll(handling), ability to pass really quick
- AI imrpoved alot more agressive and better position play ("they played at normal and found the AI "scary" in a good way ;) )
- new manual pass control... "if your team is in control of the ball the AI is in position of the player with the ball... but as soon as you press L1 you can control the player with the ball" ;) nice
- "the new pass system only sound complicated in the first way it is really easy to adapt"
- the controll setting manual is replaced by the new control system, automatic and half automatic is still there
- a few new animations the author mentioned ("players wave with there hands to ask for the ball, you can see players stumble aside, players slide longer on wet grass
- players reaction in rain changed alot... balls are hard to control, shoots getting more harder to catch for the goalies, it is harder to pass correctly

- technically PES 2009 feeled really well done not like the beta version PES 2008 but he only got the changes to test the offline modus

Thanks for the translation. Sounds promising. Can't wait for a gameplay vid though.

my short summary:

- the controll setting manual is replaced by the new control system, automatic and half automatic is still there
- a few new animations the author mentioned ("players wave with there hands to ask for the ball, you can see players stumble aside, players slide longer on wet grass

- technically PES 2009 feeled really well done not like the beta version PES 2008 but he only got the changes to test the offline modus

great news:DANCE:

Promising news indeed. Specially this:

- they played a very early version of the game but it run really smooth
- AI imrpoved alot more agressive and better position play ("they played at normal and found the AI "scary" in a good way )
- players wave with there hands to ask for the ball, you can see players stumble aside, players slide longer on wet grass
- technically PES 2009 feeled really well done not like the beta version PES 2008

Fucking awesome

That's a very promising summary. :COOL:

the article is maybe a liitle bit hyped up.. but the most import part for me is that the author mentioned that he played a really early version of the game and it runs smooth and looked technically well done... I remember the first articles one year ago "PES 2008 have some framerate issues but it is just a early version"

Another good thing is that he also mentioned that PES 2008 felt like a beta.. true words ;)

so let´s wait that somebody confirm that the game also run smooth online... maybe 2 vs. 2 ;)

Hey some interesting points there I now am anticipating some shmuck to complain about the gk parrying more amongst all that good news

amazing news thanx for the transletion Yak
good to hear that konami is still alive, i am so going to lipzing now

Hey some interesting points there I now am anticipating some shmuck to complain about the gk parrying more amongst all that good news

actaully they mentioned something about the goalie.. sorry that I missed that part... the author said: "good goalie: the goalkeeper now moves out fast to catch corners and crosses"

my short summary:

- the control setting "manual" is replaced by the new control system, automatic and half automatic is still there
- the author mentioned a few new animations ("players wave with there hands to ask for the ball, you can see players stumble aside, players slide longer on wet grass

- technically PES 2009 felt really well done not like the beta version PES 2008... but he only got the changes to test the offline modus "the game runs smooth as butter"

It all sounded like an "improvement" and I was losing interest while reading it. But the last line won me over. If it plays better than FIFA09 then it has to be awesome.

Goood. Now somebody please work on a grass patch because it looks really last-gen from any zoomed out view.

This bit worries me - I can't take reviews seriously when they come out with this shit.

It all does sound promising though - fingers crossed :DD

play3s50ab0.jpg

play3s51yu7.jpg

have we seen the tevez and maicon pic on the top before or is it a new screen?

Its not new, its from the first batch of pics.

The stuff that Yak posted came from this mag, people. A german dude on this forum should be able to read and confirm.

Can anybody please translate the red-box on the bottom right? It says something about PES 2009 vs FIFA09 regarding gameplay. Thanks.

I'm interested in what Wertungstendenz means with the 90% underneath it.

Probably that the game is 90% complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom