PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I know this is off topic but how to display several posts on the same page instead of one per page?

hey i got a question. can i do a manual pass in pes2008 or 2009 like fifa's manual passing?what i found in the setting is the long pass manual pass, and there's 5 option there which pretty similar.

hey i got a question. can i do a manual pass in pes2008 or 2009 like fifa's manual passing?what i found in the setting is the long pass manual pass, and there's 5 option there which pretty similar.

In PES2008 There is an option to do a manual pass but only for ball speed not direction.
2008 had a freakish long ball particularly if you used option 5 and didnt press l1.
It seems that Seabass has addressed this issue (from videos and previews) but we will have to see once we get hold of this baby.

yeah i just test the option no 5 and it's freaking long and heavy ball. i guess i never notice this shit. how about the option 4 and 3?i never change from option 1 before.

@ sheephead. Seriously, I think that they are there as in PES2008 but everyone starts with the shirts tucked in and it gets untucked as the game progresses.

One thing i cannot understand about Konami is why they keep changing the presentation side of things each year.. Why not find a nice solid sexy looking menu etc and just touch it up each year instead of redoing everything.. This is one area that Fifa pisses all over PES and they really need to step it up at some point.. This is next gen now and crappy plain white menu's are not up to scratch.. =/

But i mean they haven't even bothered to update the name bars and score boards etc.. At least try to make it half decent.. Clearly the japanese don't have much taste when it comes to presentation.. No offense.. :SS

And Konami stole it from Libero Grande, and Libero Grande stole it from Player Manager in 1990, losing argument ;)

Apparently you haven't read my other post.

That wasn't my point, who got what first. Dude was being a smartass with his comment following it with "Owned!". I couldn't give a flying crap who did what first as that is too childish. What matters is who does it better. I'm just bored of coming in this thread to read about Fifa. There is a Fifa thread for a reason.
I was trying to point out exactly what you said; "losing argument". Not only that but its rather childish to even use it to prove a point.

It all comes from culture. Have you seen their magazines, or sites, or advertisement, it does have all those colourful huge letters, usually some crazy ones. That's really hard for us non-Japanese to understand, but that's how they like.

Too true re-arranged. It really comes down to that. That said I'm not bothered by it. Its good to be different. Was the CL License mentioned at Liepzig?

They didn't mention it specifically, they just said there will be a new mode for a major European competition or summat.

The 5 options you refer to are there to give you some options as to in what situations the long passes will be "manually" aimed, and when they will be automatically aimed at a teammate.

However, when the passes are "manual" and not automatic, they are only aimable in 8 directions, even when using the analog stick. So for long passing for the sake of switching sides from one sideline to the other, or longer precision passes, the "manual" (8 directional) option is pretty much useless. The error margin from where you want to aim, and where the 8 directions allows you to aim, on a 40+ meterpass, can usually be 20 or more meters atleast. Meaning the player has to run and run just to get the ball, rather than the ball seeking out the player, which is sort of the definition of a pass.

When FIFA is set to manual, you have 360 directionality (or atleast alot more than the 8 directions PES have).

There have been rumors and some mentioning of "analog pass aim" in PES2009. Those statements have been very broad and not very specific. I have yet to read someone who has done some proper analysis.

Why do most of you bother coming on here to big up Fifa or critisize pes. Im sick to death of the negativity. Why the fuck would i come on here to read about how Fifa is better. Myself and other dont give a flying wank if its better, we just wanna talk about pes. And i do respect that some of you dont like it but its getting a bit boring now listening to everything you find wrong with it. If your gonna slate it then just piss off and go in another thread because its gettin annoying having to filter through your crap trying to find someone who actually wants to talk about its good points.

:applaud::applaud::applaud: Coulden´t agree more i always liked this site before but now it´s just makes me sad and pissed to come in a read tons of new messages that praise fifa and are wery negative about pes .
Im not sure if you think it will make us switch side ? it might work for some but for me it makes me even less interested in Fifa

punzz said:
Why do all the players do that feint/dummy animation when they turn? Its the animation that kicks in when you give a player 90 Dribble Accuracy on PES now. Is it user controlled now with all players?

I have the same worry, reminds me of the autosidestep for pes5 (that was based on sharp d-pad movement, same as the feints/dribbles for 09). That was shit imo. They really have gone back to pes5 :D

bingham said:
That fifa 09 video PC not Console just for record as Console is new engine that old PS2 engine with tweaks and updated graphics.

To be fair to the guy it's only natural to compare an oldgen game with another oldgen game. *runs for cover*

I have the same worry, reminds me of the autosidestep for pes5 (that was based on sharp d-pad movement, same as the feints/dribbles for 09). That was shit imo. They really have gone back to pes5 :D

To be honest I didn't mind the PES5 sidestep. Reason 1 because the alternative, turning 90 degrees as in PES4/6, always looked off to me, when you could do it in high speed and the player just turns without effort or centrifugal forces.
Reason 2 because it looks far better than the "Auto Shot feint" turning from PES6. It looks ridiculous when the player constantly shotfeints when ever you want to turn sharply. I don't like having things done automatically. KONAMI would just need to remap that animation to when you actually Shotfeint and press 90 degrees to the side. That way you could do it when you wanted by shotfeinting and turning sharply.

Apparently you haven't read my other post.

I was trying to point out exactly what you said; "losing argument". Not only that but its rather childish to even use it to prove a point.

In fairness there was about 14 more new pages between the first post you made and the second 6 minutes later, I considered editing my post but it leaves me a warm glow inside to be able to mention one of my greatest footballing experiences of all time Player Manager 1&2 by Anco ;)

I sat and watched every PES vid and every Fifa vid yesterday, hadn't had chance to watch any with all the mirroring, IMO the worst thing about PES2009 so far is the dribbling and how the ball moves when running, it seems that there's too much friction from the ground and the ball doesn't roll anywhere near as much as it should, the player's running with the ball and it keeps stopping dead all the top, looks really iffy IMO.

Last edited:

sorry if this link was already here:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/...008--pro-evolution-soccer-2009-official-movie

some sec about the edit-mode and the legend mode.

Yes already posted, I posted a HD rapidshare mirror a few pages back

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1418350&highlight=hrej#post1418350

I mirrored this HD video on Rapidshare, had to split it into 4 parts to get it on there:

Part 1.
Part 2.
Part 3.
Part 4.

In fairness there was about 14 more new pages between the first post you made and the second 6 minutes later, I considered editing my post but it leaves me a warm glow inside to be able to mention one of my greatest footballing experiences of all time Player Manager 1&2 by Anco ;)

I sat and watched every PES vid and every Fifa vid yesterday, hadn't had chance to watch any with all the mirroring, IMO the worst thing about PES2009 so far is the dribbling and how the ball moves when running, it seems that there's too much friction from the ground and the ball doesn't roll anywhere near as much as it should, the player's running with the ball and it keeps stopping dead all the top, looks really iffy IMO.

I noticed that as well, its almost as iff the ball started rolling back to the player when dibbling.

From some of the right ups im looking forward to pes2009 this year. On the 20th, i was at on a visit, so i checked evo web with my mobile and read the first views from wenb, got me all excited.

However when i got home and watched one of the videos, disappointment crept over me again. I can understand why it could look rubbish when recorded on camcorder compared to real life, but i dont go with the whole early build excuse because a.) they said this last year and b.) why would konami make it if the real game was going to be sooo different?

So at the moment ive got mixed feelings over pes2009, im going to try and keep away form the videos from the leipzig build. There is too many excuses people are too quickly able to jump out at konami's defense. I think the general feeling is that pes2008 was subpar for a pes game, as was pes 6 on the 360, but someone posted a vid a few pages back of 2008 and 2009 running next to each other and tbh there wasnt too much difference, in fact you could have swapped the names around and i bet quite a few would be none the wiser.

IMO the worst thing about PES2009 so far is the dribbling and how the ball moves when running, it seems that there's too much friction from the ground and the ball doesn't roll anywhere near as much as it should, the player's running with the ball and it keeps stopping dead all the top, looks really iffy IMO.

Exactly my thoughts aswell. I've been playing PES/ISS for about 12 years now (I'm 31 btw) and from what I've seen so far IMO EA looks like taking the title this season and Konami must be ready for relegation battles for the second year in a row.

I'm gutted... If I was a supporter of Konami (as a club) I'd be singing "You'll never walk alone.." but as I want the better football game to enjoy myself, I'm thinking of changing teams... that's just my opinion guys.

I REALLY hope that the final build will be much better as big competition will make both companies work harder.

BAP 4 season mode in Fifa09 I have a feeling is going to be really annoying because if they completely cloned over the mode from Fifa08 PS2 it's going to feature objectives like "don't get caught offside" "have 3 shots" and that kind of contrived shit is just completely annoying, frustrating, pathetic and silly, if it is in there then I don't see me playing the mode (unless of course they just do the whole thing really well, but we'll see).

If PES does BAL right and if the 360 version gets some easy way to mod all teams with correct kits and all that then I reckon I'll still be interested in the game just for that.

Shock horror, Fifa mentioned in a constructive manner in the PES thread, see it can happen ;)

If PES does BAL right and if the 360 version gets some easy way to mod all teams with correct kits and all that then I reckon I'll still be interested in the game just for that.

Shock horror, Fifa mentioned in a constructive manner in the PES thread, see it can happen ;)[/QUOTE]

:applaud:

Guys just stop worrying.

The videos are from an early build, the WENB guys know what they are talking about they are pros in the field.

I believe Thomas, it's going to be great, he's never been wrong before guys.

i think after watching pes2009 it looks decent..i don't own pes2008 cos it was awful....but at least 09 looks better

Why do all the players do that feint/dummy animation when they turn? Its the animation that kicks in when you give a player 90 Dribble Accuracy on PES now. Is it user controlled now with all players?

lol, i just wanted to write the same. The game looks fine but this auto feint dinngie just make it so look stupid. :brick:

Guys, sorry for this, but I saw some videos of PES 2009 so can somebody please tell me what the new things are? For me this is PES 2008 with a decent pitch... Seriously! Is this the only change in a year time!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom