PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

If you really tried like you are towards pes 2009 you could find many faults with cod 4 even though imo its the best game of all time or atleast up there. Its so easy to critisize games but i bet you could say loads of good things that are in pes 2009, you just dont though.
So you're saying that faults in games should just be ignored?

Also, I can't say anything good about PES 09 as the gameplay seems to have absolutely nothing that PES5 didn't have, which just shows a complete lack improvemant and progression of the series.

Actually the fact is that there will be two soccer sims....and some of us (like myself) will play PES and others (like yourself) will play FIFA.

So stop with the F-ing generalization that your opinion is the only/correct opinion. Respect peoples choice of which if any game they wish to play. Because as much as you tout FIFA as supreme it has plenty of faults IMO.
Of course people will still like PES, either just because it is called PES or because they like a fast paced arcade-orientated football game rather than a realistic, simulation type of football game.

For me, simulation > arcade, therefore the only option for me is FIFA, as PES has gone way down the arcade route...

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do most of you bother coming on here to big up Fifa or critisize pes. Im sick to death of the negativity. Why the fuck would i come on here to read about how Fifa is better. Myself and other dont give a flying wank if its better, we just wanna talk about pes. And i do respect that some of you dont like it but its getting a bit boring now listening to everything you find wrong with it. If your gonna slate it then just piss off and go in another thread because its gettin annoying having to filter through your crap trying to find someone who actually wants to talk about its good points.

You know I'm all for FIFA and PES slogging it out every year for the footy gaming crown. As it is a benefit to us as the consumer.

After a hectic day at work and my 4month old princess goes to sleep, I switch on my PS3 and indulge in what Seabass has to offer in PES2008 and enjoy my flawed game. Hence I am looking forward to PES2009 so I log onto EVO-WEB and try to get a balanced view on my prefered footy game. Its infuriatingly, ridiculously childish that people who didnt like PES2008 and aren't too interested in 2009 moaned and bashed on every little bit of info that came through. I mean whats wrong with saying "fuck you konami this game is balls because...blah,blah...I'm buying fifa" and joining like minded people on another thread.

Exactly, i didnt join this thread to listen to how bad people think it is.

Most of you try your hardest to find faults with it. If you did the same to find positives you would find tonnes like most of us and look forward to it.

So you're saying that faults in games should just be ignored?

Also, I can't say anything good about PES 09 as the gameplay seems to have absolutely nothing that PES5 didn't have, which just shows a complete lack improvemant and progression of the series.

Of course people will still like PES, either just because it is called PES or because they like a fast paced arcade-orientated football game rather than a realistic, simulation type of football game.

For me, simulation > arcade, therefore the only option for me is FIFA, as PES has gone way down the arcade route...

Again, you keep insisting on pushing your believes/views on everyone in this thread.

I've been playing football for over 25 years at various levels (minus professionally). The only game that has ever givin me a similar feeling as actually playing in a match is PES (at least for me); The weight of the ball in passing/shooting, the CU AI, the defending, the atmosphere of the stadiums, etc....these elements of football, for me, are more accuratley portrayed in PES than what I've seen in FIFA. However if you believe that FIFA does a better job in this department then I respect your choice....but I don't agree in your statement that PES is arcadish.

Why do most of you bother coming on here to big up Fifa or critisize pes. Im sick to death of the negativity. Why the fuck would i come on here to read about how Fifa is better. Myself and other dont give a flying wank if its better, we just wanna talk about pes. And i do respect that some of you dont like it but its getting a bit boring now listening to everything you find wrong with it. If your gonna slate it then just piss off and go in another thread because its gettin annoying having to filter through your crap trying to find someone who actually wants to talk about its good points.
If you want to just see positive comments then just go and post with all the other fanboys on sites such as PESFan and WENB, where you're not allowed to be negative about the game - the fact is that most people on here are sick of being given the same thing time after time by Konami and have had enough of it, and are voicing their opinions(/stating facts).

Some people (such as you) just think Konami can do no wrong and just stay loyal to them for no real reason other than their past efforts, and it's just silly.
I always hated FIFA, never played one for longer than a few weeks after I played PES4 until I played PES 08, where I was just shocked by how awful it was - I thought that PES would always have the upper hand on gameplay, but they screwed it up badly, and I have acknowledged that and looked at the other option (FIFA). Others just won't do that as they must think it's a sin to play FIFA.

Regarding the comment:
"Myself and other dont give a flying wank if its better, we just wanna talk about pes."

Does that mean that you don't care how good FIFA gets, you would just play PES anyway? That's incredibly dumb...

Again, you keep insisting on pushing your believes/views on everyone in this thread.

I've been playing football for over 25 years at various levels (minus professionally). The only game that has ever givin me a similar feeling as actually playing in a match is PES (at least for me); The weight of the ball in passing/shooting, the CU AI, the defending, the atmosphere of the stadiums, etc....these elements of football, for me, are more accuratley portrayed in PES than what I've seen in FIFA. However if you believe that FIFA does a better job in this department then I respect your choice....but I don't agree in your statement that PES is arcadish.
Instant 90 degree turns, no real player momentum, having no control over passes, passes rolling like marbles on glass etc. That is not football, yet they are in PES, meaning it is not a simulation game, but an arcadey game.

Also, I have always thought of the PES crowd sounds and atmosphere as being incredibly dull.

No because i know Fifa will never get any better than pes unless pes stops making a game for 3 years. Its so blindingy obvious to hundreds of forum users that this game has made some tramendous strides in gameplay and modes and looks as if you will have to use your footballing brain to beat an opponent but alot of your negatives are completely wrong and are just getting in the way of peoples attemps to get hyped for this game.

Ok BEEING VERY SERIOUS AND I MEAN I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A FANBOY but there is not a single thing atm that worries me atall or anything which i consider to be dissapointing. Nothing. I was actually about to try and write a list of thing i dont like to show i am not a wanker fan boy but i just cant. There is nothing that i can see as beeing bad.

Last edited:

Rob92, why do you keep coming here and talking all the same crap about how great Fifa is and how arcadey and not cool PES has become? You're getting repetitive, and therefore annoying. This thread is by no means a PES praising paradise where everyone wears pink glasses and can't see some serious flaws of the game. But it's not a headless-bashing thread either. All I've seen from you so far is constant negativity toward the game.

Why do you even bother coming here? What are you trying to prove? And to whom? Do you not think other people can make up their mind about the game without your 'guidance'?

I can see no reason why guys like you or anonymous keep coming here saying all the same stuff over and over again with no other purpose but to show how negative you are toward PES? Don't you have any other interests in life? There are some people like me trying to find something interesting to read, some opinions (not necessarily positive) not same shit over and over again.

This thread's becoming a joke all over again...

No because i know Fifa will never get any better than pes unless pes stops making a game for 3 years. Its so blindingy obvious to hundreds of forum users that this game has made some tramendous strides in gameplay and modes and looks as if you will have to use your footballing brain to beat an opponent but alot of your negatives are completely wrong and are just getting in the way of peoples attemps to get hyped for this game.
"No because i know Fifa will never get any better than pes unless pes stops making a game for 3 years."
Now that is a very closed minded thing to say and shows pure fanboyism.

I challenge you, list all these gameplay improvements you talk of, and i'll give an honest opinion on all of them as to how much they improve the experience? You'll have trouble finding more than 5 I think...

Rob92, why do you keep coming here and talking all the same crap about how great Fifa is and how arcadey and not cool PES has become? You're getting repetitive, and therefore annoying. This thread is by no means a PES praising paradise where everyone wears pink glasses and can't see some serious flaws of the game. But it's not a headless-bashing thread either. All I've seen from you so far is constant negativity toward the game.

Why do you even bother coming here? What are you trying to prove? And to whom? Do you not think other people can make up their mind about the game without your 'guidance'?

I can see no reason why guys like you or anonymous keep coming here saying all the same stuff over and over again with no other purpose but to show how negative you are toward PES? Don't you have any other interests in life? There are some people like me trying to find something interesting to read, some opinions (not necessarily positive) not same shit over and over again.

This thread's becoming a joke all over again...
Because I want to? The thread is a discussion thread, and I am discussing the game, albeit not praising it, but it's not called the "PES Lovin' Thread" is it?

I am being honest, I am not using false reasons as to why I don't like the look of PES 09.

Try to understand this....for me (as many others in here) FIFA still hasn't reached the level of PES. FIFA is making strides (I'm not fucking blind), I do like their commitment with listening to their community, but it doesn't change the fact that for me (and many others on this site) it is still is 2nd best. If FIFA does ever grab my attention as much as PES has I will definitely be playing it, and I wil give FIFA 09 a shot (as I did with 08 and Euro)....but it doesn't change the fact that I still get more enjoyment from PES.

@rob92. There is a difference between being critical and bashing. I know you dont like PES, what gets me is that you are here everyday posting long winded bullshit to justify your opinions. Hell if FIFA surpasses PES IMO Seabass can kiss my hairy crack.

@rob92. There is a difference between being critical and bashing. I know you dont like PES, what gets me is that you are here everyday posting long winded bullshit to justify your opinions. Hell if FIFA surpasses PES IMO Seabass can kiss my hairy crack.
I take bashing as just saying "PES is shit" with no reasoning - I give reasoning, therefore I think it is criticism, not just plain bashing.

Unless there is a comment that I feel that I want to respond to, I will leave you lot to chat amongst yourselves then for now :)).

"No because i know Fifa will never get any better than pes unless pes stops making a game for 3 years."
Now that is a very closed minded thing to say and shows pure fanboyism.

I challenge you, list all these gameplay improvements you talk of, and i'll give an honest opinion on all of them as to how much they improve the experience? You'll have trouble finding more than 5 I think...

- Graphics look sweat
- Lots of new annimations
- Defending is better
- Computer AI is more in your face and attacking
- Off the ball movement is alot better
- Shooting is way better and is affected by many things
- Weather effects the gameplay or matches
- The weight of the ball is great and makes passes look better
- The nets have that spring in them which makes goals look great
- Goalkeepers are much improved
- The fans are able to chant to your MP3's along with them beeing better in the first place
- Collisions are much better
- You can do skill moves quickly and easily
- And in genral gameplay has been slowed down

All improvements and definetly more than 5. 14 actually at least

- Graphics look sweat
I said gameplay improvements, but yeah, the graphics do look pretty good I admit, the lighting and faces especially, but the colour pallette is a bit bright. Also, the length of the shorts seems a bit long
- Lots of new annimations
I havn't seen many new animations myself, but the animations look terribly sharp and jerky to me and do not seem to flow seamlessly
- Defending is better
Not sure what you mean by this, but the new stab-tackle system may improve it a bit
- Computer AI is more in your face and attacking
I havn't noticed this from any of the videos, I thought they were all human v human?
- Off the ball movement is alot better
Seems the same to me, but I take your word for it
- Shooting is way better and is affected by many things
It has definitely improved from 08, but I think the shooting system in PES5 was better
- Weather effects the gameplay or matches
Will be good to have, small feature but adds to the experience
- The weight of the ball is great and makes passes look better
I thought the passes looked very unrealistic, especially short passes where the ball rolls perfectly along the floor, long passes seem OK though
- The nets have that spring in them which makes goals look great
Yep, the net reactions are good (is a good feature of PES), but the shape of them is a bit rubbish
- Goalkeepers are much improved
Improved from 08, but I have seen a couple of unrealistic things from them
- The fans are able to chant to your MP3's along with them beeing better in the first place
Not a gameplay feature, but could be a good feature if done well
- Collisions are much better
They look similar to 08 to me, I would say slightly improved
- You can do skill moves quickly and easily
This could be a negative, as they were already fairly quick and easy to perform which meant you could run the length of the pitch. A good improvement in AI defending/making it a bit easier for humans to defend could counter this though
- And in genral gameplay has been slowed down
Yeah it has been slowed down, which is a good thing but I still think it is a bit too fast

All improvements and definetly more than 5. 14 actually at least
Replies in bold

Good list by the way :)).

I'm sorry to all you PES fans in this thread, I understand why you would like PES over FIFA, I just hope you understand why I like FIFA over PES, I just get a bit carried away sometimes and get over-argumentative :LOL:.
Forgive me :blush:.

i think its the exact opposite that you say. PES is for the younger people that have no patience to learn a new game and FIFA is for the people that searching for somethink new and original.

i dont know anyone young that plays pes,most people have grown up with pes and have played it for 5 to 10 years,ive always thought tht fifa is the game that mammy and daddy buy for their kids

:applause::applause::applause:

are they just reproducing pes2008 again?it just looks awful..sick.. come on konami. not the same game again. the animation is exactly/mostly is from the same animation in pes2008,even pes6(celebration,fouls etc). why still use the robot motion for the players when they walking,receiving card? konami definitely just retouching pes2008 fella. only the faces looks sweet,but others,shit. oh my lovely pes is gone. =(

I'm sorry to all you PES fans in this thread, I understand why you would like PES over FIFA, I just hope you understand why I like FIFA over PES, I just get a bit carried away sometimes and get over-argumentative :LOL:.
Forgive me :blush:.

I'm not a PES fan, more of a football fan, as well as probably you are. PES 08 was bad. And I meand 'BAD' bad. Even unplayable for me. But this doesn't mean KONAMI can't learn from it's mistakes and this years game's should be no better than last years.

When talking about jerky animations NHL 08 (ps3/xbox360) springs to mind. Player movements combine very badly and look jerky/unrealistic at times. But gameplay is fantastic! Hence it won best sports game of the year 2007.

Last edited:

I've deleted about 16 posts from the last couple of pages, that were essentially "you're a fanboy" "no, you're a fanboy", surely we can do better than that?

Why do all the players do that feint/dummy animation when they turn? Its the animation that kicks in when you give a player 90 Dribble Accuracy on PES now. Is it user controlled now with all players?

Im so glad i watched that vid, its just what ive been waiting for. Really flatters the gameplay. At the start when theres that sliding tackle and nothing gets given is funny as there's clearly no play on.

Why do all the players do that feint/dummy animation when they turn? Its the animation that kicks in when you give a player 90 Dribble Accuracy on PES now. Is it user controlled now with all players?

I'm afraid I'm not sure. I was only able to make one match. After that there had been too many people. Some guys had to wait around 45 minutes to play maybe 6-7 minutes.

This is a video I made yesterday at the Games Convention. It was the first match played by "normal" gamers. ;))
Click to watch

It's the PS3 version.

Thanks mate, good capture. :)

I like what I see actually. Even though the animations arent as rich as the ones seen in FIFA, I think they have improved a lot and look more flowing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom