PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

you telling me they only had a 360 version at leipzeg?

or that the PS3 version is better then the 360 version? :?

why would Konami put out a bad version of the game to the public :? thats just stupid

why would Konami put out a bad version of the game to the public :? thats just stupid
Nothing different between console version (i don't think), but big diffrence between Liepzig demo and the full version tested by Adam, Suff and now TheBoss

then i ask again, why would konami put out a bad version of the game to the public and media?

doesnt make sense

What he's trying to say is that the Playtest was conducted using a newer build which the blokes from WENB/PESFAN/and others played on the PS3.
Given the fact that the videos look to be on the 360 its possible that they used an older build on the 360 for Leipzig.

The reason why I think this could be true is because in the Playtest, they were able to choose club teams and check out the edit mode and other newer features implemented as well.

Why would KONAMI put a bad game to the public?
Because their P.R is $hite.

do you think we will have nike puma and adidas boots in this future PES 2009?

Stop trolling this thread with your Fifa preaching. And Be a Legend is taken from the Japanese Fantasista smartass. Owned?

And Konami stole it from Libero Grande, and Libero Grande stole it from Player Manager in 1990, losing argument ;)

"The one Achilles heel of PES has always been the online side of the game. When it was introduced back in PES 5 it suffered from some serious lag. Fast forward to today and the game still has its laggy moments which, truth be told, is unacceptable."

Please, can someone tell if there is lag online in pes2009, or is this question to premature?

Online will be fine. Was pes 6's online fine? Yes. The PS3 wasnt out when they were doing 2008 so they had to do as little as possible incase it went completely tits up which is why we get lag etc.

It will all be fine.

Was pes 6's online fine? Yes.
No, it wasn't - the servers would constantly go down at random times, make the online menus load really slowly, , disconnect games at half time, record scores wrongly etc...

Online is not one of Konami's strengths.

It was good enough and i still dont know where some of you lot are coming from saying the annimation looks crap. I think it looks good and there are so many annimations that add up to good gameplay

Had to laugh when someone said Konami are showing PES2008 at Leipzig this year, it's not the real version.:LOL:

Come on.

It was good enough and i still dont know where some of you lot are coming from saying the annimation looks crap. I think it looks good and there are so many annimations that add up to good gameplay
Can Konami do no wrong in your eyes? You thought PES6 online was fine and now think the 09 animations are good...

You're either being blind or a fanboy.

I can blatently see how the dribbling looks different and thats your lots holy grail for proof it hasnt changed. Stuff like toe poke passes and many more including keeper annimations and the way players turn all look really good no matter how unrealistic they may be or look.

And sadly it seems it has the same bad goalkeeper as last year :(

http://gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1263&pk=1948245&sortorder=asc&fp=3#liststart

"Laut Konamis Shingo Takatsuka habe man auch das Verhalten der Mitspieler abseits des Balls verbessert, was uns aber genauso abging wie ein intelligentes Torwartverhalten. Selbst Welttorhüter wie Buffon oder Van der Sar lassen wie schon im Vorjahr die leichtesten Bälle nach vorne abprallen"

Konami told that the ai and the goalkeeper are improved in pes2009.
But the testers could find that !! Even keepers like Buffon or Van der Sar dashes the easiest balls as in PES 2008 :(

A very very big disappointment, if this is true.

I can blatently see how the dribbling looks different and thats your lots holy grail for proof it hasnt changed. Stuff like toe poke passes and many more including keeper annimations and the way players turn all look really good no matter how unrealistic they may be or look.
Different animations doesn't always mean good animations.

Also, good animations have to look realistic.

Unrealistic animations cannot look good in sports games...

Can Konami do no wrong in your eyes? You thought PES6 online was fine and now think the 09 animations are good...

You're either being blind or a fanboy.

Actually I can't comment on the situation in Europe...but here in N. America/S. America I still play pes 6 (on the 360) online and 98% of the games are pretty much lag free (the 2% that there is some lag can be due to a bad connection from a rival or a scum bag cheating bastard).

Actually I can't comment on the situation in Europe...but here in N. America/S. America I still play pes 6 (on the 360) online and 98% of the games are pretty much lag free (the 2% that there is some lag can be due to a bad connection from a rival or a scum bag cheating bastard).
They improved the servers, and now they are almost always running fine, but when they were packed full of players for the first few months of release, it was terrible.

Nothing different between console version (i don't think), but big diffrence between Liepzig demo and the full version tested by Adam, Suff and now TheBoss

Big diff. ? Maybe in terms of edit mode and so on, but gameplay ? I think it will be the same, this is how the gameplay of full version will look like.

Big diff. ? Maybe in terms of edit mode and so on, but gameplay ? I think it will be the same, this is how the gameplay of full version will look like.
I expect it to be like the difference between the 08 demo and the full game - the PES 08 full game was slightly better than the demo but only very slightly...

A curiosity, on any preview about demo leipzig speak about new control?

I saw a video where someone played on manual and used it, but in all other viedos they played on semi manual I think;)

when playing football in real life and watching it , the aspects of football that are fundamental and make the experience of watching or actually playing it enjoyable are ;

1)dribbling
2)shooting
3)passing

out of these three things there is only one thing that fifa does good and better than pes and that is the passing and more manual ability to aim the passing. PES has better and more close and intricate dribbling with realistic response times to and has more variety in the way you can shoot and score and makes a goal feel great.

FIFA = * better passing

PES = * better dribbling
* better shooting

Also for a one player experience there is way to much cheating and stupid A.I. in fifa which does not allow me to play season mode in there or be a pro , i play one player a lot and fifa to be honest does not have one player career or single player experience as good as PES because of its lack of COM A.I.

so BWASpectra i do not want to have to work around the shortcoming of fifa as they are too big for me as i can not play single player and until they get that right i will be returning there fifa 09 back when PES09 comes out like i did last year when i bought fifa 08 for the first time in 11 years and returned when PeS 08 came out because one player was so shit.

any body else that finds one player fifa to be good i would like to know how can you overcome all the shortcummings , however i do think fifa is great for online but seriously if yoyu are mainly a single player like me then the game has to have a good career mode to keep me hooked.

I really just play online and mp at home with friends. Fifa has shortcomings, of course. Never did I say it was perfect. Fifa 09 though, looks like abig improvement from 08 and 08 was a superduper improvement from 07. See the pattern there? What we are criticizing is Konami's lack of effort, innovation. That's the issue here. If you read through this forum and many other PES forums, if not all, PES fans and ex fans (like me) have acknowledged EA's effort and in comparison to PES 2009, Fifa 2009 is looking the much better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom