PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

i dont think we need to bring fifa into the conversation every single time if any....they re two diferent games, two diferente ways of interpreting the sport football into a video game....
some people will like one better, others will like the other one...

what i hate is when i hear someone claim his opinion is the definite answer for the world and tries to persuate other people to belive the same thing as he does. And this is how im interpreting all this fifa x Pes trash im reading here.

Theres really no need for this here, since its a PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours thread...those should go in the PES x FIFA fanboyms fight thread.

I completly understand ure unhappy about how konami is heading with PES, personally i dont lile it neither, since WE7 i disagree with many things done in this series...but i dont think we need to keep stating this over and over, it starts to seem like we would be trying to convice others that our opinion is what everybody should be thinking.

this is what i mean: "Diehard PES will play PES no matter how bad anyway." maybe something that is bad for u , is wonderfull ofr others, and that doenst mean they understand less or more about football than u or I. Its just difernt views of the same thing.

I don't understand why Konami feel the need to go back to "PES5 style gameplay".

Yes, it was a good game at the time, but if I want to play PES5, I can play PES5, I have no need to buy it again with worse physics and much worse animations just so I can have better graphics...

I don't understand why Konami feel the need to go back to "PES5 style gameplay".

Yes, it was a good game at the time, but if I want to play PES5, I can play PES5, I have no need to buy it again with worse physics and much worse animations just so I can have better graphics...

they said Style, not PES5 gameplay...
i think what they mean is that theyre trying to give us the same joy we had with PES5, and problaby that was due to the pace of that game that many have compliment so much.

Hi there, I've got some Questions...
Is the 360 version of pes2009 demo better than ps3 one??
Is the story going to repeat this year aswell ???
Is the PS3 version the weakest one because of the famous hardware difficulty this year too ???
Please anyone answer me because I don't want relive the same experience next october, I don't want to wait for any Patch to play in a decently way PES

i dont think we need to bring fifa into the conversation every single time if any....they re two diferent games, two diferente ways of interpreting the sport football into a video game....
some people will like one better, others will like the other one...

what i hate is when i hear someone claim his opinion is the definite answer for the world and tries to persuate other people to belive the same thing as he does. And this is how im interpreting all this fifa x Pes trash im reading here.

Theres really no need for this here, since its a PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours thread...those should go in the PES x FIFA fanboyms fight thread.

I completly understand ure unhappy about how konami is heading with PES, personally i dont lile it neither, since WE7 i disagree with many things done in this series...but i dont think we need to keep stating this over and over, it starts to seem like we would be trying to convice others that our opinion is what everybody should be thinking.

OK, on my behalf I can assure you Im not afanboy. A fanboy is one who protects a game at all costs regardless how bad it is. A fanboy also is loyal to a company and its game for the sake of being loyal, often with no real reasons except that they decided to be loyal. One who states his likes and dislikes based upon how good or bad acompany performs in producing said game, is not a fanboy. I supported Fifa 08 on next gen, despised fifa 07 on next gen, despised most fifas after 98 and loved WE8, 9. Nope, Im not a fanboy. I side with the better game (imo).

I am shocked at what we are seeing from Konami! Shocked. Of course, the demo will be the last factor but it doesn't look good so far.

Here in the states its called WE. I played WE8, 9. Best footy titles ever, imo, from my experience. Mate, its obvious to everyone even here that Fifa 09 looks so much more class than PES 09, in every way. Preach to the choir and enjoy PES 2009. What does japan have to do with it anyway?

Are you happy with PES' evolution these last 2 years? Truthfully? Stop being a blind sheep and face the music. Konami doesnt pay you to defend them do they? PES 2009 looks @ss, period.
first of all japan has the best players in the world in games that have as priority the gameplay, japan makes the best games that have priority the gameplay etc etc. about the last 2 years yeah pes didn't reach my expectations is true but i trust in them, do you know any other company that makes a game EVERY year with the depth of pes?pes 2010 will come out and the majority of the fans will not even fully master all the tricks and stuff that is in 2009, and this happens with all pes games.c'mon man i mean pes 5 was produced in 1 year time and after 4 years there is ppl playing it fom day 1, fifa is trying to make a decent football game for 12 years now and they finally made it by copying pes lol, so if japan has nothing to do with it then fifa wouldnt exist as it is today. so even IF you are a fifa fan you should thank konami of what fifa is right now

Brunnoce, I recall you doing the cheese finesse shots on me in fifa 07 league. remember? I was "RMCF ULTRA". You beat me with Villareal like 6-0. All finesse shots.

first of all japan has the best players in the world in games that have as priority the gameplay, japan makes the best games that have priority the gameplay etc etc. about the last 2 years yeah pes didn't reach my expectations is true but i trust in them, do you know any other company that makes a game EVERY year with the depth of pes?pes 2010 will come out and the majority of the fans will not even fully master all the tricks and stuff that is in 2009, and this happens with all pes games.c'mon man i mean pes 5 was produced in 1 year time and after 4 years there is ppl playing it fom day 1, fifa is trying to make a decent football game for 12 years now and they finally made it by copying pes lol, so if japan has nothing to do with it then fifa wouldnt exist as it is today. so even IF you are a fifa fan you should thank konami of what fifa is right now

You are not reading right! I loved PES and now disliked 08. Despised Fifa and like 08......Follow the trend? My loyalty is only to my family! I hope PES 2010 is awesome. I am pulling for Konami. In fact,. Ill pull for anyone that can produce a fantastic footy game! No problem. Why do you insist in me being a fifa fanboy? I don't get it!

One thing on this new xbox360 game pad "made for PES2009" , the old one they say only had a 4 directional D-Pad. This new one has a 32 directional D-pad, but is PES not a 8 directional game ?

While the new will be able to get 4 more directions out of the game than the old 360 pad, this "bulit for PES2009" is a bit misleading as some will think you will be able to get 32 directions out of the game via this new pad.

You are not reading right! I loved PES and now disliked 08. Despised Fifa and like 08......Follow the trend? My loyalty is only to my family! I hope PES 2010 is awesome. I am pulling for Konami. In fact,. Ill pull for anyone that can produce a fantastic footy game! No problem. Why do you insist in me being a fifa fanboy? I don't get it!

you are not reading right my friend, i said IF you are a fifa fan nothing personal to you buddy i just had to take it out of me lol, i mean everything i posted about pes

sweetkilla, quick question. Is the Bernabeu and madrid kit exclusive to PEs or did you see them in fifa as well? Rumor has it PES bought the rights. Thnx

the reason real dont have sponsor on kits in fifa09 is that bwin is a gambling company

The game sounds good. Not a revolution but a decent PES game.

Wenb told us Leipzip was a different build to the one they were able to test WAY before all these videos game out.

Konami released a crap demo at Liepzig, more fool them once again for abysmal P.R.

But if you cut through all the negativity and fan-boi sniping on this forum, you find:

PES 2009 has improved graphics, gameplay, stadiums, editing and at least one new mode that's worth playing, with the possibility of a Champions League mode to boot.

Not bad, and if wanted more of "new" experience, no need to moan: you can buy Fifa, it looks really good this year.

:applaud:

i just saw the seabass interview, some of the gameplay in the background has given me hope, it looked much better then the lepzig vids i have seen

i just saw the seabass interview, some of the gameplay in the background has given me hope, it looked much better then the lepzig vids i have seen

alot who ive spoken to have said this

However the demo being releaed around release will NOT be that version, it will be the leipzig version

Where is the fucking sense

With all of the bad impressions Ive been getting from PES 09, I decided to look in my closet for my copy of WE9, which happens to be one of my favorite games ever, to rekindle that excitement I used to have in footy games. As much as I liked Fifa 2008, it didn't give me the excitement and depth that WE9 did. I mean, I would spend hours alone creating teams, designing kits, and spend hours in the practice pitch trying to perfect corners, set pieces, then there were the slalom courses one could design, and so on. I never got bored of that game! Sadly, I couldn't find it and now Im left to believe I either sold it or gave it to a friend back in New York. Then I went to gamestop and a few other places to see if I could buy an old used copy!@ No! No one had it. Even online it's so hard tio find! Folks, it's asad time in footy games for me until Fifa 2009 comes out.

Brunnoce, I recall you doing the cheese finesse shots on me in fifa 07 league. remember? I was "RMCF ULTRA". You beat me with Villareal like 6-0. All finesse shots.

oh, its funny u pointed that out...
this is problaby a huge reason i got bored with fifa(too many goals look the same)...
and besides, how would i suppose to know that finesse shots are cheap, its not like tehres a rule for it is it??? if thats the case my friend it aint my fault, blame EA...
also, im sure it wasnt 6 goals from finness shot, evan if it was, theyre beaultifull goals...i love to see a finness shot in real life like the one kaka hit against ecuador in the WC2010 qualifiers.

And if theyre so easy to perform, why didnt u hit at least one?

oh, its funny u pointed that out...
this is problaby a huge reason i got bored with fifa(too many goals look the same)...
and besides, how would i suppose to know that finesse shots are cheap, its not like tehres a rule for it is it??? if thats the case my friend it aint my fault, blame EA...
also, im sure it wasnt 6 goals from finness shot, evan if it was, theyre beaultifull goals...i love to see a finness shot in real life like the one kaka hit against ecuador in the WC2010 qualifiers.

And if theyre so easy to perform, why didnt u hit at least one?

You beat me twice. Why didn't I hit one? Easy, because when I joined the league, I had just bought the game. Everyone already had discovered the sweet spot right outside the box. It wasn't your fault that you abused the finesse shots, it was crappy on EA's part! I really didn't care. I thought I was just terrible until I in turn used those finesse shots against everyone else online, then the tables turned. Fifa 07 was horrible. If you haven't played 08, it's ahuge, huge difference. 09 looks like a huge, huge difference from 08 too which = great news since 08 was good.

By the way, you actually remember my old GT "RMCF ULTRA"?

You beat me twice. Why didn't I hit one? Easy, because when I joined the league, I had just bought the game. Everyone already had discovered the sweet spot right outside the box. It wasn't your fault that you abused the finesse shots, it was crappy on EA's part! I really didn't care. I thought I was just terrible until I in turn used those finesse shots against everyone else online, then the tables turned. Fifa 07 was horrible. If you haven't played 08, it's ahuge, huge difference. 09 looks like a huge, huge difference from 08 too which = great news since 08 was good.

By the way, you actually remember my old GT "RMCF ULTRA"?

yeh i remember u ;)

anyways, i did play fifa08 a lot, i evan got in that league again.. but the same problem i had with fifa07 happened..i started hitting too many goals the same way..thats my gripe with fifa, i dont get the ramdomness(is that a word? :lol: ) that i get with PES, evan in these dark PES days, in the end of the day, PEs brings me a lot more enjoyment and simulation feeling than fifa, because of this thing i mention above.

Last edited:

yeh i remember u ;)

anyways, i did play fifa08 a lot, i evan got in that league again.. but the same problem i had with fifa07 happened..i started hitting too many goals the same way..thats my gripe with fifa, i dont get the ramdomness(is that a word? :lol: ) that i get with PES, evan in these dark PES days, in the end of PEs brings me a lot more enjoyment and simulation feeling than fifa, because of this thing i mention above.

I'm surprised you remember. anyway, I see much randomness in Fifa 08. Thats not agripe at all. My gripe with fifa 08 is in response time between players. I played pes 08 and tried and tried to like it but after fifa 2008, I couldnt take astep backwards. Anyway, Im glad some people enjoyed pes 2008. I actually envy you that do. Bru, remember "The Mad Boobies"? I forgot his original GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom