PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

BwA Spectre; I honestly don't see much improvement in the near future. Konami went too a great deal of effort in terms of the booth reception and overall hype. I cannot for the life of me understand why, if they have a better version, they choose to demonstrate this one at a high profile games conference. Imo, the code is written and done. Only thing that will change is the addition of clubs and what not. CL seems unlikely cause I did not see a single thing Tobi. If it is in the game, why not announce it at such a huge event. Either the marketing guys at Konami are retarded or everybody is retarded. Either way, I am not in the least bit optimistic.

I still say that 99% of the problem is how the ball glides across the pitch like it's a marble on glass.

It's like the physics are pulling the ball down to the pitch, with a magnet effect.

Also the players turning like robots with skipped animations, just makes the whole visual aspect a joke.

I agree. It's the engine they are suing. It's dated. The robotic running animations really take out the realism. And the ball, reminds me of old fifas where the ball slid with a hockey puck like effect. And I wonder at how many fps's it runs on. Can't be higher than 30! No way.

sweetkilla, quick question. Is the Bernabeu and madrid kit exclusive to PEs or did you see them in fifa as well? Rumor has it PES bought the rights. Thnx

I don't know what they are holding it back for, its not a secret and Gamespot have more or less confirmed it again.

There was a picture a few pages back that had the logo underneath the PES 2009 logo was that fake then?

They should be using this event to detail the online modes, also the press should bash them for not including online leagues and not using PSN. Every other sports genre in this generation has online leagues except for PES.

Last edited:

Yes that is fake because the exact same pic was posted above and that one did not have the CL logo

That was the best presentation and most up to date demo/video they used, period. Like I said, would you present a face cream that burns you and say "well this is an early build", meanwhile having an up to date face cream that doesn't burn ready to show but holding it back on purpose? LOL! What ya see is what ya get.

Ok.

usedjohnny those were meant to be PES6 Pictures

I know they came out before PES6, but personally they dont look the same game, I don't think that 6 ever came close to looking as good as those screenshots. Probably wrong and clinging onto some false hope, but I can dream can't I.

IMO, the CL license wont do it wonders if it plays and looks as stale as it does. It's like having a Ferrari only to find out it has a Saturn motor in it!

That was the best presentation and most up to date demo/video they used, period. Like I said, would you present a face cream that burns you and say "well this is an early build", meanwhile having an up to date face cream that doesn't burn ready to show but holding it back on purpose? LOL! What ya see is what ya get.

Yup.

Don't put your pre-orders in just yet people. Konami may just dissapoint yet another year. Lazy asses.

Posted by EAUK staff member on Fifa's official forums:

"Hi Guys,

We know some of you have used, or continue use Football World for your Video uploads, blogging, etc but we are looking for a better understanding of what you think about the site. What features do you currently like? What would you like to see added? What should be improved? Do you want to see real world football news reported on as well as in game news? That sort of thing, we would really welcome your feedback on this.

Cheers"

Konami needs to learn from this.

Well after having re-watched several videos, including the seabass interview, I'm convinced that the "improved off-the-ball movements" is simply that you no longer have to perform a give-and-go (L1 + A) to get players to run in certain situations.

This would be a definite improvement to what everybody does now (which is initiate give-and-gos just about every pass to get players to move) but doesn't actually add any new runs or movement.

It's a new feature to make playing the game easier and more fluid, which is good.... but, it really isn't that substantive of a change... which is less good.

I think that allowing dribbling moves to be executed by the left stick (no R2 button needed) is a good improvement, as is not requiring players to manually call for a run every time to get off-the-ball runs... however, this doesn't improve on what advanced players could already do in the game which is a let down for me.

It's a nice feature and makes things easier (as they should be), but not really exciting. Anyways, that's my take on the "new off-the-ball runs" and I'd like to hear any one else's thoughts if they think it's something different.

The official Madrid kit was present in the EA trailer that's on FSB.

I saw the kit in the EA trailer but w/o the sponsor "Bet Win". Thats my concern. Also, the Bernabeu wasnt present in Fifa 08. I have afeeling PES bought the rights. Would suck as I am a Madrid member.

Posted by EAUK staff member on Fifa's official forums:

"Hi Guys,

We know some of you have used, or continue use Football World for your Video uploads, blogging, etc but we are looking for a better understanding of what you think about the site. What features do you currently like? What would you like to see added? What should be improved? Do you want to see real world football news reported on as well as in game news? That sort of thing, we would really welcome your feedback on this.

Cheers"

Konami needs to learn from this.
konami needs to learn so ea can copy from them you mean

konami needs to learn so ea can copy from them you mean

EA can copy all they want. I welcome it! As long as the game is good and they are ambitious with it, by all means, go for it.

Whats so special is that they are putting their egos aside and in place doin what ever it takes to satisfy the Fifa community. Very admirable. Being original for the sake of being original is selfishness. By the way, I hear PES has a similar mode to "Be a Pro" mode. ahemmmm. Owned!

I know they came out before PES6, but personally they dont look the same game, I don't think that 6 ever came close to looking as good as those screenshots. Probably wrong and clinging onto some false hope, but I can dream can't I.

dream away my son. [-o<

EA can copy all they want. I welcome it! As long as the game is good and they are ambitious with it, by all means, go for it.

Whats so special is that they are putting their egos aside and in place doin what ever it takes to satisfy the Fifa community. Very admirable. Being original for the sake of being original is selfishness. By the way, I hear PES has a similar mode to "Be a Pro" mode. ahemmmm. Owned!
lol what are you doing here anyway, go play be a pro in fifa mate, you are just another fish in seabass nets at the end of the day

lol what are you doing here anyway, go play be a pro in fifa mate, you are just another fish in seabass nets at the end of the day

What Im doing here? Im voicing my displeasure with PES as its the right thing to do. Defending PES in the last 2 years has actaully allowed Seabass & Co. to become complacent and lazy, unambitious. As a former PES diehard, I want to see the glory days back! For the record, Fifa was utter trash up till 08 on 360. I play what makes sense and I am very letdown with what I see so far from PES.Stop blindly defending laziness and perhaps it will shake things up at Konami!

And for further record, Fifa 09 will be much better than PES 2009. From the early looks of it. Even Die hard PES fans are seeing this. Do you firmly believe PES 2009 has showm more promise than Fifa 2009 so far? Really? Then you are nuts.

Re gameplay, the demo in Leipzig is/will be the final version !! (as it always is)

Konami you've managed to dissapoint yet again. Lazy company.

Konami take the rights for the Santiago Bernabeu

Shame. Ill have to adopt a stadium now! Usually, something like this will turn me off from the game but this year is different. My excitement for this title couldn't be bigger!

What Im doing here? Im voicing my displeasure with PES as its the right thing to do. Defending PES in the last 2 years has actaully allowed Seabass & Co. to become complacent and lazy, unambitious. As a former PES diehard, I want to see the glory days back! For the record, Fifa was utter trash up till 08 on 360. I play what makes sense and I am very letdown with what I see so far from PES.Stop blindly defending laziness and perhaps it will shake things up at Konami!

And for further record, Fifa 09 will be much better than PES 2009. From the early looks of it. Even Die hard PES fans are seeing this. Do you firmly believe PES 2009 has showm more promise than Fifa 2009 so far? Really? Then you are nuts.
what glory days you mean dude? say you are playing pes 5 back in the day and someone gave you pes 2009 at that time wouldnt you piss all over your house?
and yes fifa has still way way to go to even touch pes gameplay, graphics are better with fifa but gameplay? give me a break, if you say this in japan they will all laugh at you dude, in eur unfortunately ppl are not so familiar about what gameplay is all about, here is about graphics and stuff but in japan no one is complaining especially about pes

what glory days you mean dude? say you are playing pes 5 back in the day and someone gave you pes 2009 at that time wouldnt you piss all over your house?
and yes fifa has still way way to go to even touch pes gameplay, graphics are better with fifa but gameplay? give me a break, if you say this in japan they will all laugh at you dude, in eur unfortunately ppl are not so familiar about what gameplay is all about, here is about graphics and stuff but in japan no one is complaining especially about pes

If no one in japan complained about pes2008, then i dont trust the jap market to begin with... because 2008 was utter garbage, and i'm talking about the gameplay!

Here in the states its called WE. I played WE8, 9. Best footy titles ever, imo, from my experience. Mate, its obvious to everyone even here that Fifa 09 looks so much more class than PES 09, in every way. Preach to the choir and enjoy PES 2009. What does japan have to do with it anyway?

Are you happy with PES' evolution these last 2 years? Truthfully? Stop being a blind sheep and face the music. Konami doesnt pay you to defend them do they? PES 2009 looks @ss, period.

well , i like PEs2008, and i know thousands here in brazil liked it too..(sure, thousands disliked it too, but thats ok, when u change something ull aways have some that dont like the changes)
so, im fired up for pes2009

about fifa, i wont coment here, since this is a PES thread..if i want to talk about fifa ill post in the correct topic.

well , i like PEs2008, and i know thousands here in brazil liked it too..(sure, thousands disliked it too, but thats ok, when u change something ull aways have some that dont like the changes)
so, im fired up for pes2009

about fifa, i wont coment here, since this is a PES thread..if i want to talk about fifa ill post in the correct topic.

It's almost impossible to talk about one game w/o the other. Giving examples from both games is pretty pertinent especially considering when we are voicing our opinions on Konamis lack of effort, drive, and laziness. If it were all Fifa talk I can understand but mentioning Fifa every now and then in the correct context is tiotally appropriate. There is nothing to fear. Diehard PES will play PES no matter how bad anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom