PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I think it´s too early to make judgements, no one has played the final version of the game yet. IMO demos are not absolute to say wether PES 2009 is better than PES 2008 or viceversa (the new vids are great of course, but the give give you nothing about the "feel" of the game ).

Let´s wait to have the final version of the game, play it and then say if it has imnproved or not.

All I am going to sya is this I am fully behind the WENB guys and trust their opion thus far, although I will wait to play a demo before making up my mind. If it is PES 5 then that is fine as gameplay was tight and if it has been slightly tweaked so be it.

I believe the WENB know more then they let on and when they said PES 2010 will be the true next gen game I believe they say that because they know this as a fact.

Why o why was there the criticism for them giving their opinions on a later build. WHat is with the negativety if it is an improvement on next year than that is cool. Everyone keeps on saying PES is miles behind FIFA but the advatage it has now is that FIFA has pretty much put it's next gen engine in place, PES can at least match if not better it next year.

I am not just saying it but PES will reign supreme again because at the end of the day they got to be top dog through word of mouth. I didn't read a PES review until PES 3. If the edit mode is deep and ML improved PES can get back on track obvioulsy the gameplay will be a big must.

I am not stupid though because right noew FIFA is in the ascendency and it looks like it could bomb miles ahead but it depends if it can have the deepness and closeness that had you jumping for joy or endlessly replaying that awesome goal back in the day on PES

Same story again... wait til next year, next year... what about this year. Why are we even paying you this year?

OK, I must address this "they played an early build" argument. It's simply BS! Like people have mentioned, why would you shoot yourself in the foot. It would be the equivalent of a face moisturizer company showing up to a beauty convention with a moisturizer that burns your skin, only to later say, well, that's not the finished product!

I am absolutely sure that the best presentation and video Konami were capable of was on display at Leipzig. Seeing how fresh, improved and ambitious EA's Fifa is looking this year, there is no way in hell someone would put out their 2nd best presentation/video. You would have to be mad to do that.

My conclusion is that there is a void over at Konami. Ideas, talent, drive, dedication is totally missing atm. That coupled with their lack of embracement of the PES community and their feedback = troubling times. There need to be big changes at Konami. Bring in new people, new ideas and excitement. Just from looking at Seabass in the interview, it mirrored the gameplay video. It was as boring, unambitious, unexciting as Seabass himself. Where's the passion?

And as for people saying that you can't tell how the game plays from the videos, that's also bollocks. You can clearly tell how a player turns, passes, runs, how players act off the ball, how goalies react, etc. Physics are easy to see and evaluate. And overall grfx/look of the game is all too apparent. What you see is most likely what you'll get.

And as for IGN :), anyone embracing their preview or review of PES as a good review is clearly as biased as they are. They are sponsors for crying out loud. Do you expect any 7.0 scores? Of course not. And after the review they gave PES 2008? No thanks.

So far I have read and seen enough material on both games and clearly, clearly, Fifa looks the better game. Not only grfx, forget about that, but in overall additions, implementations, polishing, etc. So far, it's totally one sided. What it comes down to is that EA is clearly excited, ambitious, embracing next gen tech, and making huge strides, huge strides, while Konami are resting on laurels 5 years old, period.

In the PES2009 gameplay video, why the ball seems weightless like a balloon?

I got to play three 5 minute matches of Pro Evo 2009 and I was not that impressed, its definetly an improvement on PES2008 but if what Adam and Suff say is try ''skeptical'' then the build I got to play was pretty similar to PES 2008 the game speed is much better as is the ball physics but all the other things like the skill moves with the analog stick I can't see what their claiming I am doing exactly what I did in every other Pro Evo... any one care to explain!

I only got to play 3 games so I won't say its awful but they certainly haven't impressed me. Average effort again from my point of view.

NO bashing just my opinion from ''playing the game''

I forgot to mention the graphics they are way way way better than PES2008 and I mean that still not on the level of fifa but they have improved massively from pes2008

All I am going to sya is this I am fully behind the WENB guys and trust their opion thus far, although I will wait to play a demo before making up my mind. If it is PES 5 then that is fine as gameplay was tight and if it has been slightly tweaked so be it.

I believe the WENB know more then they let on and when they said PES 2010 will be the true next gen game I believe they say that because they know this as a fact.

Why o why was there the criticism for them giving their opinions on a later build. WHat is with the negativety if it is an improvement on next year than that is cool. Everyone keeps on saying PES is miles behind FIFA but the advatage it has now is that FIFA has pretty much put it's next gen engine in place, PES can at least match if not better it next year.

I am not just saying it but PES will reign supreme again because at the end of the day they got to be top dog through word of mouth. I didn't read a PES review until PES 3. If the edit mode is deep and ML improved PES can get back on track obvioulsy the gameplay will be a big must.

I am not stupid though because right noew FIFA is in the ascendency and it looks like it could bomb miles ahead but it depends if it can have the deepness and closeness that had you jumping for joy or endlessly replaying that awesome goal back in the day on PES

I don't think so. If it took a very talented and ambitious EA team nearly 3 years to get to this point. Fifa 07 showed the potential of the new engine but the whole game especially gameplay was very poor and had very few leagues, features, etc. What makes you think that PES' first real next gen engine will be perfected? It will take time. PES2010 will probably be a bit buggy and definately not full of features, etc. It takes time. Problem with PES, is that it was late in embracing next gen. Perhaps, they were waiting for the PS3, which came out after the 360? Who knows. I wouldn't expected a great PES 2010 especially if the same team is in charge. IMO, a new group is needed to resurect PES series.

Just got back from Leipzig and I am not impressed at all and I am a fanboy in every sense of the word. Horryfing experience this one was.
It lacks depth and fun, the 2 things that made pes stand out in the past.

Just got back from Leipzig and I am not impressed at all and I am a fanboy in every sense of the word. Horryfing experience this one was.
So your cousin speak about stadium editor ?

Ive posted all "negative" but realistic opinions on PES 2009 thus far and I think it's unfair not to post the positives. The only thing I really like are the faces. They look so real and so awesome. Whoever or whatever team was in charge really deserve a pat on the back. They blow away any other faces in sports titles Ive seen, easily. I would like to see the kits well rendered though. They look very inorganic and look like they were painted on, two dimensionally.

Hey Fremm, can you elaborate a little or was it that bad? Seriously, I'd like to know as much as youre willing to tell. Thnx

It doesn't look brilliant, but it's still the best option for PC owners. Until Fifa goes next-gen on PC I'm not gonna touch it with a barge pole

Fremm could you do a list of pros and cons please.

Hey Fremm, can you elaborate a little or was it that bad? Seriously, I'd like to know as much as youre willing to tell. Thnx

No probs mate. Got to play 4 matches and I'll start with the plus points:

- Gfx: more polished, detailed and better textures. Nothing shocking but still, an effort was made.
- Ball physics: Slightly and I stress the word slightly better then 08, but for some reason when the ball hits the turf it bounces very unnatural
- Speed: more balanced but still way too fast. When 2 experienced plyers play against each other the pace is just too darn fast.
- No more slowdown except in a crowded PK area

Negatives:

- Animations: same as 2008, a joke and subpar effort. Its like 22 Crouches made of wood are playing on the pitch
- Keepers: Ow yeah, they are just too easy. They quite unnaturally parry the ball into a corner kick at almost every occassion.
- AI: an absolute joke, running into space? Where did Seacod see that?
- Heading: it just felt akward. Dunno how to put it.

Its just 2008 with a few tweaks and little improvement as a whole
Gutted

No probs mate. Got to play 4 matches and I'll start with the plus points:

- Gfx: more polished, detailed and better textures. Nothing shocking but still, an effort was made.
- Ball physics: Slightly and I stress the word slightly better then 08, but for some reason when the ball hits the turf it bounces very unnatural
- Speed: more balanced but still way too fast. When 2 experienced plyers play against each other the pace is just too darn fast.
- No more slowdown except in a crowded PK area

Negatives:

- Animations: same as 2008, a joke and subpar effort. Its like 22 Crouches made of wood are playing on the pitch
- Keepers: Ow yeah, they are just too easy. They quite unnaturally parry the ball into a corner kick at almost every occassion.
- AI: an absolute joke, running into space? Where did Seacod see that?
- Heading: it just felt akward. Dunno how to put it.

Its just 2008 with a few tweaks and little improvement as a whole
Gutted

That's so sad.

Its not really complicated. Your just using your jpg files and mp3's that are stored on your PS3/360 HDD and adding them to the edited kits and music and saving them as an option file

Are you 100% sure the Xbox360 provides this feature? Like did you actually see it? Because I was so hyped about it last year and then disappointed because it won't work on the xbox I will believe when someone who actually saw it tells me it will be in.
So if there is anybody who can confirm it please tell me!

Thanks Fremm. My question is, if it's this unexciting and stale at this point, how much, if at all, can it improve before release?

The 360 has been around for 3 years (by November actually) and yet have we to see a real next gen PES :(. Don't know about you guys, but I find it unacceptable.

Are you 100% sure the Xbox360 provides this feature? Like did you actually see it? Because I was so hyped about it last year and then disappointed because it won't work on the xbox I will believe when someone who actually saw it tells me it will be in.
So if there is anybody who can confirm it please tell me!

Not sure exactly on all the info but based on what I understand here, you can on the 360. You can load music and implement it to any 360 games. It synchs it in automatically, even adjusts to the game sound effects.

Thanks Fremm, did you spot anything Champions League related at their booth?

The 360 has been around for 3 years (by November actually) and yet have we to see a real next gen PES :(. Don't know about you guys, but I find it unacceptable.

It is unacceptable.:TD:

Three PES games into the current gen and we've still not got what we are waiting for.

It is sad really. If you think about the evolution that games like FIFA and NBA2K (to mention only the ones I know well and play) went through from PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox360, the difference is huge.

PES needs a leap as big as those two I mentioned before...

I still say that 99% of the problem is how the ball glides across the pitch like it's a marble on glass.

It's like the physics are pulling the ball down to the pitch, with a magnet effect.

Also the players turning like robots with skipped animations, just makes the whole visual aspect a joke.

I just want to know where the game these screenies came from dissapeared to at Konami HQ?

http://files.xboxic.com/xbox-360/pro-evolution-soccer-6/pesnextgenvisuall.jpg

http://files.xboxic.com/xbox-360/pro-evolution-soccer-6/thumbs/pesnextgenvisualh.jpg

If the revolution is to come next year could this be the game in its early stages because these are certainly not renders and are in game, but I think look alot better than the excuses we have been given for next-gen so far.

I actually believe the guys over at WENB when they say they have played a later build as Konami have made enough mistakes in the past to easily suggest they would send an old build to a massive games convention even that is not beyond them:)) which is a shame but what we have come to expect.

I have been a massive fan of pes and I still hold some hope that 2009 will be a decent effort but it cannot continue for much longer and after seeing the leaps FIFA has made, I can certainly see chances running very thin for Konami to regain trust from the loyal fanbase, however as someone pointed out on another forum which I totally agree with when Konami get it right, its so much sweeter than when it EA do the same.

Just my thoughts mind, cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom