PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

The game sounds good. Not a revolution but a decent PES game.

Wenb told us Leipzip was a different build to the one they were able to test WAY before all these videos game out.

Konami released a crap demo at Liepzig, more fool them once again for abysmal P.R.

But if you cut through all the negativity and fan-boi sniping on this forum, you find:

PES 2009 has improved graphics, gameplay, stadiums, editing and at least one new mode that's worth playing, with the possibility of a Champions League mode to boot.

Not bad, and if wanted more of "new" experience, no need to moan: you can buy Fifa, it looks really good this year.

Most of your AI stupidness points can be solved by 3 words.

AMATURE DIFFICULTY SETTING
The difficulty settings don't affect your own teammates and the videos have been human v human haven't they? In which case the difficulty setting does not make a bit of difference...

You're clutching at straws once again.

All this silly talk about builds and so... Please let's consider the facts...

well, for me the fact is that I've yet to play the game and there is a bit of disappointment with the videos but I won't let that stop me from trying out the demo.
I know its been mentioned before but its obvious that a lot of people who played it said its PES2008 the way it should've been, but some are expecting too much for a year's worth of development.
They've already claimed that they plan a new engine for PES2010, I'm not making excuses for KONAMI regarding PES2008 but PES2009 is basically them fixing PES2008 and adding a few bells and whistles to it while they develop a new engine for 2010.

Simply put, KONAMI are making up for lost time and it is their own fault. But don't take away the fact that some people enjoyed PES2008, particularly on the PC, and will be pleased with what PES2009 has to offer.

IF PES turns out for the worse this time around, there's a good alternative footie game.

But then again, I'm suprised with the amount of complaints here from people who seemingly don't even plan to buy the game.

Drekkard I have to disagree with you, in Pro Evolution you have to set this up yourself, which comes into your player tactics.

If you want man marking, ITS YOU who have to set it up, not be babied and let the AI do it for you, whats the point in that, thats one thing I loved about PES, sometimes the difference between two good players, was one was set up better tactically than the other. Sadly I believe, was it covering tactic was taken away, but man marking was down to you not part of the AI defence, all I want the AI to do with my defence, without a set up, is to keep them in the formation line, push them up when attacking drop back on defence, the rest should be set up by me.

But thats the thing I have said, I want to play all aspects of football, defence shouldn't be easy, should be an art.

Also about this scripting in shooting and crossing thats crap as well imo anyway, so it scripts yeah according to you, yet you can interfere throughout most of this action, for a cross, it wont go from boot to the player you want, from what I have seen, the attacker can header it, be it on target, a goal and a miss, a defender can win the header, the cross can be deflected, keeper can get involved, unless I mis understood what you meant by script, I believe its not an accurate assumption. You say about a blatant missed cross, what is a blatant miss crossed to you, and even then we have seen what 4 videos, seriously, what do you expect?

Now please people like Badger and Thomas goal please answer me with depth, not with "you have to feel it", "it produces magic in the final third" (I've scored with Fifa and Euro as many different goals as with my Pes 2008, so maybe you're lacking some months of practice with manual controls)

You obviously don't get it. The x-factor that Pro Evo has isn't it's variety of goals.

Congratulations on that brilliant snipe about manual controls, though. Good job I have lammo insurance.

You can moan about the AI and then animations and whatnot but for me, Pro Evo actually gives the impression that every player is involved. Fifa looks like a game of table football, the only players actively moving are the players that are in a horizontal line with the ball. It's weird but it's something that has irked me, also the odd dribbling and passing style where it seems as if there's a whole load of random tonking into space, which could be either a heavy touch or a dodgy pass, either way it looks out of place. Also the player with the ball always seems isolated to me.

PES has better ball physics. In my book it's got a more weightier feel to it than Fifa (from the vids of 09 I've seen) particularly in the final third as well. I don't know what it is but the shots in Fifa just seem to hang in the air, even when they've been pinged.

In short, when I'm playing Fifa (which has happened), I'm very aware that I'm playing a game. I'm making moves and playing passes that I know wouldn't really lead to anything in real life. Pro Evo, however, offers a much more realistic interpretation of how an actual game of football pans out.

You can argue about how both games go about it, but PES is the game (for me!!!) that forces you to engage your footballing brain. I'll accept right now that Fifa probably offers the better experience, mainly because it's an EA game. I enjoy the Tiger Woods golf games partly because of the EA razzamatazz that they offer, but it is in no way a realistic golf game, hell, even Everybody's Golf requires you to engage your golfing brain when thinking about shots.

Fifa is a lovely game on the eye, aye. If it played as good as it looked then it would be good night Irene. As it is, no dice. I'd loved to be converted but "THE ANIMATIONS?!?!?!" isn't going to do it.

Its a game not real life. Most of the time i see the fullback in these vids getting caught out there is a reason. For example in 1 case Simao has the ball on the wing and is trying to give the ball to the fullback who is beside him. The fallback notices this and tries to make a run past the defender trying to get in space, then the player 1 guy passes but its intercepted and the comp and then the comp exposes the gap created.

This is evidence of player off the ball movement and teamvision for the AI

Fifa just doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like football.

You obviously don't get it. The x-factor that Pro Evo has isn't it's variety of goals.

Congratulations on that brilliant snipe about manual controls, though. Good job I have lammo insurance.

You can moan about the AI and then animations and whatnot but for me, Pro Evo actually gives the impression that every player is involved. Fifa looks like a game of table football, the only players actively moving are the players that are in a horizontal line with the ball. It's weird but it's something that has irked me, also the odd dribbling and passing style where it seems as if there's a whole load of random tonking into space, which could be either a heavy touch or a dodgy pass, either way it looks out of place. Also the player with the ball always seems isolated to me.

PES has better ball physics. In my book it's got a more weightier feel to it than Fifa (from the vids of 09 I've seen) particularly in the final third as well. I don't know what it is but the shots in Fifa just seem to hang in the air, even when they've been pinged.

In short, when I'm playing Fifa (which has happened), I'm very aware that I'm playing a game. I'm making moves and playing passes that I know wouldn't really lead to anything in real life. Pro Evo, however, offers a much more realistic interpretation of how an actual game of football pans out.

You can argue about how both games go about it, but PES is the game (for me!!!) that forces you to engage your footballing brain. I'll accept right now that Fifa probably offers the better experience, mainly because it's an EA game. I enjoy the Tiger Woods golf games partly because of the EA razzamatazz that they offer, but it is in no way a realistic golf game, hell, even Everybody's Golf requires you to engage your golfing brain when thinking about shots.

Fifa is a lovely game on the eye, aye. If it played as good as it looked then it would be good night Irene. As it is, no dice. I'd loved to be converted but "THE ANIMATIONS?!?!?!" isn't going to do it.
:greenscarf: BADGERMAN BADGERMAN

Its a game not real life. Most of the time i see the fullback in these vids getting caught out there is a reason. For example in 1 case Simao has the ball on the wing and is trying to give the ball to the fullback who is beside him. The fallback notices this and tries to make a run past the defender trying to get in space, then the player 1 guy passes but its intercepted and the comp and then the comp exposes the gap created.

This is evidence of player off the ball movement and teamvision for the AI

Teamvision LOL Yeah of course that really does work.. :)

How long have you played FIFA08 Badger?

I've been playing it since release and only recently I started to feel true mastery of the game.

I've logged quite a few hours when playing with mates actually. Although we played the Euro game up until recently, I personally thought that 08 was better than the Euro version but that's just me.

everyone sais that pes is the same every year but with just some minor tweaks here and there -wrong, truth is that every year konami makes an evolution from the previews game its not just tweaks its 10 years of evolution, ok pes 2008 balance wasn't right and you could score too much goals plus online was shit and too much bugs but at the core was still an improvement despite those VERY BIG mistakes they did. but what about this year? that sentence pes 2009 is what pes 2008 should have been is nothing but true

True mastery?

Airjoca you have it on the PS3 or 360?

Back on topic, does anyone actually know if the demo at liepzig is the one with 6 teams or more?

...You can argue about how both games go about it, but PES is the game (for me!!!) that forces you to engage your footballing brain. I'll accept right now that Fifa probably offers the better experience, mainly because it's an EA game...

great post, as always. Good start for a never-ending discussion ;)

Unfortunately exactly this ("engaging footballing brain") is missing in the lasted PES (next to the online mode). At least my small brain couldn't handle it.
I'm still not sure if EA is on the right track with the "real feel", but it's more fun and more rewarding for me.

This is my dilemma: KONAMI has lost it and EA hasn't got it (yet)

everyone sais that pes is the same every year but with just some minor tweaks here and there -wrong, truth is that every year konami makes an evolution from the previews game its not just tweaks its 10 years of evolution, ok pes 2008 balance wasn't right and you could score too much goals plus online was shit and too much bugs but at the core was still an improvement despite those VERY BIG mistakes they did. but what about this year? that sentence pes 2009 is what pes 2008 should have been is nothing but true

Very True. Basically, Pes gave Fifa an extra year to improve

Im starting to feel involved in a minority group that likes this strange game called pes ,just like it was in the beggining with the first pes versions
Im sure that we cant convince fifaplayers to start liking this game and it does feels like many on here really hopes the game will fail bigtime.

In the same way i think its really hard to convince us,that really like the way pes feels,to enjoy the fifa series .I want many of the features that fifa have .
But this year with the editmode back on track im sure we will have the teams and logos that was impossible last year .
And if this version only is a pes 2008 without the lagg ,better defence and better goalies and ofcourse (fingers crossed) a working online mode then i will be more than happy.
Im feeling wery positive about this game.
And the few of us that still does that will have a good time when the game get released

great post, as always. Good start for a never-ending discussion ;)

Unfortunately exactly this ("engaging footballing brain") is missing in the lasted PES (next to the online mode). At least my small brain couldn't handle it.
I'm still not sure if EA is on the right track with the "real feel", but it's more fun and more rewarding for me.

This is my dilemma: KONAMI has lost it and EA hasn't got it (yet)

People's opinions of how football should be played is obviously an individual thing. PES2008 was a bit scrambled but it was still there behind the mask of shit. Fifa for me feels like a different kettle of fish completely, they'd need to drastically change certain aspects of the game to rope me in, but it's a bit risky now considering that they have the aesthetics down to a tee.

Im starting to feel involved in a minority group that likes this strange game called pes ,just like it was in the beggining with the first pes versions
Im sure that we cant convince fifaplayers to start liking this game and it does feels like many on here really hopes the game will fail bigtime.

In the same way i think its really hard to convince us,that really like the way pes feels,to enjoy the fifa series .I want many of the features that fifa have .
But this year with the editmode back on track im sure we will have the teams and logos that was impossible last year .
And if this version only is a pes 2008 without the lagg ,better defence and better goalies and ofcourse (fingers crossed) a working online mode then i will be more than happy.
Im feeling wery positive about this game.
And the few of us that still does that will have a good time when the game get released

You do know that the majority of us were all Winning Eleven/PES players right??

The demo is coming in the week of release. Luckily i get the game 5 days befor release date:DANCE:

The game looks really, really good imo. I dont see how some of you can find faults like players not running off the ball making runs. Are you blind? I dedicated 8 minutes of watching a vid just to see if that feature was there and withing 30 seconds i managed to spot about 20 different occasions where players where running off the ball.

You must be going out of your way to bring this game down or something. This game does look fun to play and most are looking forward to all the modes and features. To critisize this installment over a couple of things that arnt true from a bloody leipzig video you cant call yourself a pes fan.

I disagree. I've been playing PES since it's inception and I didn't see any NEW types of runs off the ball. PES has always had SOME running off the ball, it was one of the advantages over FIFA for years. My point was that if Seabass was going to exclaim that (in response to FIFA making 150 improvements) [paraphrasing] "Making one important improvement can make a bigger impact than making many, and this year the one improvement was runs off the ball", then I expect to see some new runs off the ball.

Some overlaps, players sprinting to get into support positions, forwards checking back to the ball, something. I didn't see anything new I hadn't seen before.

However, I admit I might have been watching the wrong vid. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

we'l see. so far not good mate. PES09 is turning to be a joke tbh. lets see how it feels when playing it

You know guys this is going to get worse, if there are two builds which i believe there are then which copy do you think is going to be the deom? Obviously the already complete leipzig demo

If the leipzig build is the one that comes out on demo then i think pes will take a huge backlash, even if the actual retail copy is different

You talking about which game ist better or good...(pes08 or fifa 08). But the truth is both games are f...... bad.

@Pviews

pes08 is much faster!

I don't understand people who wrote that Pes in Leipzig are different than seabass interview.What is a different??? I dont't belive too that guys from WENB played better version Pes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom