PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

i dont trust them AT ALL and nor should anyone else

didnt they give like 9.5 for PES08 :roll: they sponsor PES so they are bound to be biased

There was a link to a polish site a few pages back I think, where you could download a 720p 700MB video of an interview with Seabass talking infront of a bluescreen tha thad PES2009 footage inserted onto it.

There is a Youtube video aswell, but it's not as nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRrYH2_qwT4

I posted the link, here it is

Really quality video showing a huge improvement over leipzig, to me it looks pretty fantastic

http://pc.hrej.cz/hry/sportovni/fot...load/trailery/pro-evo-2009-video2.zip/?stahuj

Barca_Fan13, don't post that here !!! or you're going to have insults

Thomas, any news is still really appreciated here!!!

Unfortunately the previews are far different to the Leipzig gameplay. After last year's disaster every news has to be taken with a grain of salt. And even if Leipzig's built is an earlier code, I can't believe there are massive improvements made within a few days/weeks. I'm still hoping WENB is right though...

Last edited:

There are huge improvements though, the build playing in the back of the seabass vid is vastly improved over the leipzig build

speaking of WENB....WTF?

they havent given us anything new :? where are their videos and pics? all they are doing is giving us links to other sites :?

what a RIP!!

they gotta stop lying :|

There are huge improvements though, the build playing in the back of the seabass vid is vastly improved over the leipzig build

Really i dont notice any difference myself i watched HD version yesterday. :THINK:

Hey mate. :)

I've played both FIFA08 and Euro08, and when set to manual, the passes are manual/analog in both aiming and power. I've noticed nothing to indicate they are nothing but completely in your control. I've seen people complain that the manual passes are not manual, or that the aiming is screwed up and similar things. I've never noticed anything of this.

In FIFA/UEFA I usually play with Assisted passing on X/A and Manual on the through ball button. That way I can do quick passing, and use the throughball button whenever I need to aim precisely.

IMO they're not perfect. The powerbar needs to be quicker to fill up (half the time it currently takes or something like that), and I would still like the stats of players, and how pressured they are, to have a bigger influence on the aiming, so that your passes don't always end up exactly where you are aiming all the time (there seem to be indications that being pressured in FIFA09 has a bigger influence on the accuracy of passes, which would be nice).

Thats the thing, there is actually no need to have through ball on manual, as that should be accountingfor both really, so I only really see the point of having passing on manual, which means you choose to pass infront, effectively a through ball or straight to them, a standard pass. But... I tink on Fifa, that its like still mapped, and if you were to try it with the standard pass as a through ball, the recieving player continues on a normal path, where as the through ball triggers the player to run for the ball type thing, well I think thats what happens, so its not as effective in the end of the day.

Personally I dont like it, as I notice it takes some time for the animation of the kick to take place as well as the time it takes to think of the position and power, and by then, the automatic, assisted players beat you to most things.

Pro Evo I actually prefer the right analog stick method as its MUCH faster, running with the left analog stick, then flick the right where ever you wan, depending on how far its flicked or, how long its there, varies the power of the pass, but then it doesnt interfere with the movement of the player, so if your about to get tackled, you can still move, where as if it was X/A you would try and move, but the pass will go where ou wanted to turn and mess up, if you get what I mean. I believe that makes sense. Its kinda like the fight night mechanic, also this way you can hold R2 and make it an manual aerial pass etc, and you can then make this a step further, and have a combination of buttons, making it a curling pass, a driven long pass etc. But thats only a theory.

Either way, ive been looking at both videos, Fifa and PES and to me, both look that different from the last ones to me, PES looks more different however, due to the slower pace I can see. But I will need to look into this further.

This is probably a post too long, but I think I might enjoy the new PES09, if the edit mode is good then even better, as well as Be a Legend be even better.

Oh yeah, cammey why the same old, same old comments about untucked shirts.

Last edited:

Gamespot Confirm CL License In PES 2009 ?

Looks like Gamespot have dropped a huge hint regarding PES 2009 having the CL license! In their PES 2009 hands on they talked about how Konami hinted at the capture of a European competition in the game.

In their PES 2009 preview they dropped a big hint that Konami have attained the CL license. Here’s the quote:

“However, Konami did tease us with the news that a major European competition will be officially licensed in the finished game. We’re not allowed to announce which competition, because of an embargo”

Looks like Konami have got it, which is great to hear after the news that they’ve have lost the La Liga license this year.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/gamespot-confirm-cl-license-in-pes-2009/

I agree that the video playing behind Seabass looked better, the little they showed. I am wondering if KONAMI are just f*cking with us, to be honest. It does my head in, it really does.

I have noticed that myself.

Gamespot Hands On

GC 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Hands-On

Konami's next iteration of Pro Evolution is nearly here, and we polished our boots for a first play.

While it's still the best-playing football game on the market, there's no doubt that last year's Pro Evolution Soccer disappointed many fans of the series. Unimpressive visuals, annoying gameplay tweaks, and a myriad of bugs (particularly on the PlayStation 3) saw the game slip dangerously close to relegation. However, Konami has gone on record saying that this year's iteration will fix the problems with last year's game, taking more advantage of current-generation technology while restoring the gameplay to its former glory. We got a chance to play the game for the first time to see if its promises look set to be delivered upon with the 2009 version.

First impressions of the game are good. Konami has upped the ante and created a menu system that's easy to navigate and makes better use of imagery and animations. The same awful J-pop music remains, but at least some effort has been made to improve the visual presentation. On the pitch, the player likenesses are now even better, particularly with star players such as Cristiano Ronaldo. That said, the game is still some way off the visual fidelity of FIFA, so we'll have to see how much more it can be polished in the run-up to release.

The noticeable changes to Pro Evolution 2009 come in the form of feature enhancements and new gameplay modes. In the former category, there will be an expanded player-editor mode in which you'll be able to add logos to kits by importing them from an external device. The PC and PlayStation 3 versions will offer USB data drive support, but it remains to be seen how this will work on the Xbox 360. The thorny issue of licensing remains in Pro Evolution 2009, and with EA eating up all the official data through its exclusive deal with FIFA, there's no end in sight for the made-up teams in Konami's game. Two teams from the English Premiership will feature official names and sponsors, but we couldn't get Konami to tell us who they are. However, Konami did tease us with the news that a major European competition will be officially licensed in the finished game. We're not allowed to announce which competition, because of an embargo, but we expect that fans will be pretty excited by the news.

The big new gameplay mode for Pro Evolution 2009 is Become a Legend mode, in which you'll pick an individual attacking player and take him through a professional football career. If you perform well as part of a team, you'll attract offers from other clubs, but if you lose the ball and fail to set up goals, you'll receive a low mark at the end of the game. Cynics might suggest that this closely resembles FIFA's Be a Pro mode, but Konami assures us that the Pro Evolution equivalent has been around for some time in the Japanese Winning Eleven series. Unlike in FIFA, though, you can't call for the ball when you want it, which makes the mode more challenging than we initially expected. If you're playing for a lowly club, you're limited by your teammates, while your lack of tactical input means that you'll end up sitting on the bench for some games.

The gameplay is where it's at, and Konami says that it's using Pro Evolution Soccer 5 as its benchmark in this regard. Pro Evolution 2009 certainly feels slower paced than last year's effort, with more on-the-ball control than ever before. Konami claims to have made the ball even more physically independent, meaning that it will even react to certain grass types and wet conditions. While we didn't get to play a game in the rain, we did notice some of the new individual tricks from certain skillful players. As in last year's game, certain top-flight players will be able to pull off moves all their own, and they move from tricks to standard animations very smoothly.

Konami boasted about its Teamvision AI system last year, but it really seems to be coming through in the 2009 iteration. We were impressed with how reserved your teammates are about passing the ball if you're not in a strong position, which encourages you to make more-intelligent runs. Some elements of the game seem slightly dated. For instance, your salary in the Become a Legend mode is paid in "P" points, though overall the new mode should be a welcome challenge for those bored by the master league.

Speaking of which, the master league has also been updated to more closely follow modern business dealings. If your players want to leave your club, they'll perform poorly on the pitch. The multiplayer elements have also been improved. You can now have a total of four players online, in standard ranked and unranked matches, and in the Become a Legend mode. Konami is aware that players didn't think the multiplayer element of Pro Evolution Soccer 08 was up to scratch, so it has promised more-advanced features, such as the ability to upload replays from within the Become a Legend mode.

We managed to coax more good news out of Konami: There will be a demo of the game for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the week of release. Make sure you stay tuned to GameSpot for all the information as we get it.

source: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pes2009/news.html?sid=6196276&tag=topslot;readlink;2

To me it seems like the press is all hyped up and excited about the game, maybe the older build stuff, is true:SS.

@ThomasGoal: I'm just posting news i find, it they want to rant off and bash at me go ahead, although i see now reason to direct it at me or anyone of us that is posting news.

Last edited:

Nice to know about that, but I still dont fully understand the meaning of the CL being in the game, will it just be a seperate mode? Even then, does that mean the CL teams are licensed or not? Be nice if ML was altered made better and CL put into that. That way it wont just be a new thing in cup mode with a change of entrance scene.

The Seabass video looks the same as the Leipzig video to me.

I'm amazed by all this talk of newer builds, and Konami showing an inferior build at the most important games convention of the year, especially when they really need to wow the fans after the PES 2008 debacle. It's like last year all over again.

I thought some people on here would have learned.

Still noticing some goalkeep mistakes tho....

(Edit): Nvm the goalie save the FK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom