PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Not sure if this helps explain myself, but i'm not impressed. I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Maybe the fact that I own a 360 for a reason. But then so far it looks better than 2008. How it plays though is yet to be known. October it is for both football games.

tbh fair m8, u don't have to wait until October, there should be a demo out for both(FIFA and PES) by September like last year...

Demos don't do me much sometimes. I'm buying both and playing full 15min matches for days so I can decide.

Btw, I'm yet to see any of the people playing 2009 using manual passing in them videos. I want to see how manual passing has improved. Pretty obvious they're just using the X button.

Mid september is the best bet, they'll probably want to release it a few weeks before the actual game comes out but I agree, sometimes the demo doesn't paint the whole picture.
I remember when the PES6 demo came out, played it and thought it was superb but it felt different in the full version.

I don't see how some people can come out and say it looks just like PES5.

I mean, sure it still looks like a PES game, but at least in PES5 they weren't floating around the pitch, playing exactly the same speed ball all the time, and running like inhuman beings.

I'll give the demo a go as ever, but I highly doubt I'll buy it.

To be honest, I think Konami should've taken a sabbatical this year and just released PES2010 when they can next year, I mean if this is just a stopgap for money and 2010 is gonna be a huge overhaul then why bother, it's not like they were ever gonna beat FIFA in sales anyway.

As Peter Molyneux said a couple of weeks ago in an interview (eurogamer), "Sports games are a genre written in the stone", there is so little innovation in the genre that you actually wonder what have they been doing for 12 months..

Take pes from 3 to 6, 0 sound the same, o text practically the same, e sound the same, e-text with a couple of different screens, control mapping the same. We need something new we can't play the same old code forever.

The footage we saw so far does not trigger my interest at all, it does feel like and old and redundant gameplay with the no depth at all. I really see no reason to buy this and stop playing pes6 and we9lek.

I don't see how some people can come out and say it looks just like PES5.

I mean, sure it still looks like a PES game, but at least in PES5 they weren't floating around the pitch, playing exactly the same speed ball all the time, and running like inhuman beings.

I'll give the demo a go as ever, but I highly doubt I'll buy it.

To be honest, I think Konami should've taken a sabbatical this year and just released PES2010 when they can next year, I mean if this is just a stopgap for money and 2010 is gonna be a huge overhaul then why bother, it's not like they were ever gonna beat FIFA in sales anyway.

Well, they could've taken a year off but bear in mind that even the horrible PES2008 sold well so who's to blame them for wanting to make more money this year?

If they removed the autonomy in the passing system, I think this game would actually be so much better than what it is. It adds more difficulty and more freedom to the gamer. We haven't seen the manual passing in action yet, but still, its not the same as having it as a default setting on the left analogue. The reason why it looks so robotic and arcadey is the automatic passing.

imo they've sorted out the kits and player faces, and the lighting looks great, but its just ruined by that passing system, which also makes it less fluid and less natural.

Guys i don't understand one thing! Why runnig animation in Pes 2009 are good for players without ball,but players with ball running looks terrible!Runnig animations is very importand and I don't know why people from KONAMI don't see it! Pfffff

The camera angle also stinks, no footage from some other camera/angles??

I always play broadcast, can't stand the normal one.

the NETS!!! still the same fucking shit nets!!! WTF

omg.jpg

Also you can't completely judge a game from "watching video of other people playing" as well. First impressions count obviously. The numerous times i've watched gameplay videos and was impressed, then playing it was just totally different. Some games appeal to the eyes and some don't. The fact Rob judged it only by looking it at is my point. If he played it then that's a different thing.

That would be truer if it was a new game. We've been playing PES since childhood...

WENB Leipzig reactions

Well this is weird. I’m watching the videos, with Suff on the phone, and wondering whats going on. Seriously.

We’re being harsh, I know, but I’m stunned with the way the game is being presented. It’s a repeat of last year. Same teams, same set up, same things being said. The build being shown, at first glance, is easily comparable to PES 2008. The advancements me and Suff talked about in all our content released looks missing, and had us questioning ourselves whether we played the correct version!

I know for some the words ‘we played a different build’ will send shivers down some folks spines especially after I personally said the same thing last year, but I’m afraid I’m saying it again. This time with Suff’s backing though, as we both are positive the demo being shown is doing the game no justice at all.

Things like ball physics look off, as well as player movement and speed of the game. The graphics also are hard to praise, and the fact the game is being shown on the same tiny LCD monitors used last year makes criticism an easy option.

As I’ve said many times this year already, the way the game is being shown is doing them no favours. They should be championing the ball physics, and demonstrating the slow considered gameplay. This demo, obviously made especially for the show, doesn’t show these things at their best and was always going to be met negatively.

I know many will be reading this and be shocked at how critical we are being, but it comes from the fact that me and Suff spoke positively about the game when testing it, and all the videos released have contradicted everything. That in itself infuriates us, and leaves doubts in peoples minds. It something we’ve worked hard to do this year, and that’s gain the viewers trust.

So while I’m condemning the showing, I do want to reassure the fans that PES 2009 is so much better then this snippet demo. If what you’ve seen so far has pleased you then you’re in for a serious treat. For those who want to remain critical, however, I cant blame you. Like I said in the podcast I was worried that people would jump to conclusions when seeing the game, because that’s exactly what I did. I’m very confident that when you guys do play the game you will see what me and Suff were trying to say. I just hope by then Konami don’t continue to release content that is open to criticism, and start to show things that show only the positive.

The way it SHOULD be done.

Rant over, see you on the forums VERY soon…

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/leipzig-reactions/

I up that for few free critics
but i know 90% of you don't believe what Adam says... :CONF:
Yes it's true, what this guy do ? play a advanced version ? ah ah ah... :CONFUSE:

i want to see close-up ingame replays.
hopefully the nets are not the same in every stadium :/

That would be truer if it was a new game. We've been playing PES since childhood...

Yet it always played different with every new version. Tbh I can't remember the one time I was impressed with a PES video gameplay. Not even back in the day. It always looked "meh" to me compared to Fifa. But when I played it a few games my hands were literally glued to the pad for hours.

And year after year I say, "I wish I would see a game with Fifa's visuals and PES's gameplay".

Btw, I'm yet to see any of the people playing 2009 using manual passing in them videos. I want to see how manual passing has improved. Pretty obvious they're just using the X button.

The latest WENB podcast mentioned that the right analog stick was, and I quote, "360 degree control" as far as passing goes.

Somehow I doubt it. We still have people who claim PES5/6 etc has manual passing on the right analog stick, when in fact they've done no in-depth studies on how it actually works.

So WENB mention the manual passes now being 360 degree controlled, but they don't mention doing 10 minute so of passing in various angles to see if the ball tends to only go in 8 directions.
Sounds more like they just used it a couple of times, managed one decent throughball (1 of the 8 directions happened to coincide with where they actually wanted to pass), and deemed it "analog".

In the past they've commented on the (completely automatic) X-passing, saying how it seems "more manual" and stuff like that. Their track record for judging these types of things (or perhaps rather, comunicating it properly to me) isn't the best.
Also why wouldn't KONAMI plaster "FULL 360 PASS CONROL" on every available press release etc?

Last edited:

The problem with this footage is that Gattuso should never be that far forward, yes it may happen every now and then in real life but it happened all the time in PES 2008 were DM's would be so far forward and it looks like they haven't addressed it, disappointing

The ball movement looks good though except for when the player knocks the ball in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom