PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

yeh...i know him form here at evoweb..great lad, i played a looooooot of friendlies agaisnt him.

about pes2008, i first hated it, absolutly hated it..but after i got bored with fifa, i got pes for pc, and with kitserver i tried really hard to start likning it, i got used to it and now i love it again...i evan started a ML with some friends, and we sometimes fell like the old days where we played WE4 non stop!

yeh...i know him form here at evoweb..great lad, i played a looooooot of friendlies agaisnt him.

about pes2008, i first hated it, absolutly hated it..but after i got bored with fifa, i got pes for pc, and with kitserver i tried really hard to start likning it, i got used to it and now i love it again...i evan started a ML with some friends, and we sometimes fell like the old days where we played WE4 non stop!

Very cool! Glad you like it. BTW, Is his GT still "The Mad Boobies"? I have to send him a fr since my info was wiped out. Ah, those old days! Man, I still remember when I first played WE8. I called my friend over to see it for himself. He like I started off on EA Fifa. We must have broken night that day and I remember thinking "Is this what Ive been missing all these years"? "wasting my time on FIFA"? There was no looking back until now. I want to feel that excitement again. I think PES 2011 or 2012 should nail it on next gen. they need some time to work out the kinks in the new game engine for sure.

Last edited:

i feel u...
i dont know about the GT man...i dont have a 360 anymore...im playing only on pc(thanx to juce's Kitserver) and some games on ps3.

:lol: nope..they didnt..
i just sold it, i got tired of worrying about overheating(3RL) so i decided to upgrade my PC, so i sold the 360 and bought a brand new video card.
than after a while i bought a ps3 for some exclusive games i really like(mlb the show08)

but if like to play pes2008 or pes6 pc is the way to go...kitserver is heaven for people who like to edit like me.

Wow, there's a lot to read in here!

I think PES2009 is going to be good, especially if Champs league is in.

If not, i'll keep on playing PES5! :LOL:

i just sold it, i got tired of worrying about overheating(3RL) so i decided to upgrade my PC, so i sold the 360 and bought a brand new video card.
than after a while i bought a ps3 for some exclusive games i really like(mlb the show08)

but if like to play pes2008 or pes6 pc is the way to go...kitserver is heaven for people who like to edit like me.

Girls Aloud in a ten foot wine glass, with cream is heaven.

I think I spent more time editing than playing LOL! But I would create totally original teams. I especially loved designing the crests! That was so fun. I got the rrod once int he 2 years Ive had the 360. It's a poorly built piece of hardware but I love Live. It's very social and since I play online alot there's no other option that comes close, imo. That and the game library (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, I can go on..........) Many of these 360 "exclusives" are also on PC but Im a Mac guy. Only use the Mac to design and go online. Used to PC game but too high maitainance for me. Worrying about upgrades, firewalls, configurations, etc. PC gaming can be very tedious, expensive and just not comfortable (for me). It's also a hell of alot easier for people tyo cheat via PC. I guess cause Im older (35) , have a family, I just want to plug and play on the couch. No time for fidgetting with things like before. Although, PC gaming is almost limitless witht he amount of customization one can do.

Last edited:

alot who ive spoken to have said this

However the demo being releaed around release will NOT be that version, it will be the leipzig version

Where is the fucking sense

How on earth can you pretend to know this?

Even if the demo at Leipzig isn't the current best representation of PES, it still says alot about Konami, or, doesn't say alot actually. It's a reflection of their ineptness or just plain ol' I don't care attitude. Pick your poison. Either way it's bad. I have afeeling there are things going on behind closed doors at Konami. Problems with production budget, timelines, shift in staff. This happens all the time in movie studios and many times explains a poor product. I would bet things have been very shaky at konami.

From my past experiences with every new PES game there is always period @ the beginning where you think that they screwed up the gameplay, but after a few more days you start to realize how genius the game really is (except for last year's version for the PS3/360). I believe that PES 2009 will deliver in the same fashion as we were accustomed to in the past, a sort of trial period and then the magic appears (keeping my fingers crossed).

From my past experiences with every new PES game there is always period @ the beginning where you think that they screwed up the gameplay, but after a few more days you start to realize how genius the game really is (except for last year's version for the PS3/360). I believe that PES 2009 will deliver in the same fashion as we were accustomed to in the past, a sort of trial period and then the magic appears (keeping my fingers crossed).

With all due respect, humans can get used to anything, including jail.....so this isn't a valid point, imo only of course. I for one am tired and shouldn't have to get used to a games shortcomings. We should see an appropriate leap onto the 360/PS3, period. and we're not.

...Problems with production budget, timelines, shift in staff. This happens all the time in movie studios and many times explains a poor product. I would bet things have been very shaky at konami.

we (the loyal fans) didn't force them to make a PS2,PS3,360,PC,PSP,Wii and mobile phone version. Adding the various WE installments...
KONAMI should have stayed with the PS2/PSP versions until they have a proper PS360 version.

Casual gaming is the enemie ;) -> Wii, mobile..

I know those versions are made by different teams, but KONAMI should have used those resources creating ONE poper game.

With all due respect, humans can get used to anything, including jail.....so this isn't a valid point, imo only of course. I for one am tired and shouldn't have to get used to a games shortcomings. We should see an appropriate leap onto the 360/PS3, period. and we're not.

I don't think you understood my comment; IMO past PES games takes some time to understand the innovative ways that they were developed to represent the reality of playing an actual football game.

From my past experiences with every new PES game there is always period @ the beginning where you think that they screwed up the gameplay....

I'm used to have the same experiences. But times, platforms, technologies are changing, developing. If I want to have slight improvements and tweaks, I'd buy the PS2 version. But I don't want to play a PS2 game anymore (there have been a lot of great games...)

I always love how PES puts emphasis on crowds/atmosphere and celebrations! Something Fifa knows nothing about. Good to see that (fans) in the video above. At least, that's 2 positive things. 1) Crowd is acknowledged as a big part of football and 2) the faces look amazing.

To a tee m8, to a tee. I had that kind of experiance with pes 6 and thought it was wack but THAT WAS COS THE PLAYERS STATS WHERE BASIC!. Then you get your own team with good stats and it all opens up. Infact after an initial bad response i finnished 33 seasons and it goes down as my favourite game of all time.

I mean if pes 2008 had never existed i bet no1 would be slating this game atall bar a few minor thing and i think that is so true.

IMO critics will be critics,winning 11/Pes has always been the front runner,then when 360 came with with the demands for next-gen graphics people wanted what they had seen in other titles graphicly,which can be understood,when konami did it i think they tried with pes2008 way too hard to get it looking right and so the game suffered,it was too fast,arcade style and in general poor compared to what we were used to for many years,if that happens to Fifa the same critics will rip the nuts out of it. But i do believe that konami will crack it in the next two years.( i hope )

From what I've seen its been improved, and lets face it that wasn't too hard. I resorted back to Pes6, because I couldn't stand crap on-line, 200 mph crossers and crap replays of 2008. It looks like they have scapped arcade for realism, and again the flight and pace of the ball looks real again. Coupled with the fact that it will have a full edit mode, CL, and Lpool Kit I cant wait. Ps I will also be buying Fifa 09 as well as it looks promising too.

just back home from Leipzig...

played 5 matches there on the PS3...my first impression was YEAH... nice pace of the game :)so far it plays nice for me the simulations aspect is definately back... one thing you can tell for sure PES 2009 is definately much better then the arcadey PES 2008 Beta-Version... but will it be better then Fifa 09?

My short Impressions.

PROS:
Gfx:

+ really nice grass looks much better then in previous version, you definately need no grass patches anymore
+ players models and the details of the texture (face, shirts...) just great
+ the rest of gfx looks much more polished
+ animated adboards
+ animated video screens in the Stadium (no more home vs. away)
+ the facial expressions are really nice... for example in one situation I saw C. Ronaldo blow is cheeks like he was thinking "how frustrating my dribblings don´t work anymore" ;) nice...
+ some nice new animations all in all it looks much smoother
+ didn´t saw any slowdown at all (PS3 version)

Physics:
+ much better ball physics all the passes especially the short passes move really realistic
+ nice gamespeed much slower then 2008 and a little bit slower then PES6 ... :)
+ nice touch how players collide

Gameplay:
+ the gamespeed is almost perfect but is just my oppinion... the response of the players has improved a little bit
+ at first it was hard to deal with the dribblings because the "glue" has gone... at first it is a bit odd becaus your have to get used to it but it make the game better
+ the long passes, corners and crosses work much different in this version, long passes actually make sense now...you can´t see anymore air balls on "rails" like in PES 2008
+ the goalies are better but there ist still some improvement necessary

CONS:
GFX:
- poor menu gfx looks really childish in my oppinion
- the stadiums don´t look alive... there is no atmospehere like in 2008
- there are still some odd animations left...

Physics:
- didn´t noticed any changes in the net physics

Gameplay:
- I saw one really stupid own goal by a goalie... I hope they can fix this in the final version
- tha passes could be a little bit faster

All in all really nice and they changed most of the aspects I hated so much about PES 2008.... It´s going to be one lovely game

Last edited:

I was reading that review but you lost all credibilty with me when you said the nets physics havnt changed.

thanx alot Yak
everyone whu has actully played the game, are happy and positiv about the gameplay good to hear that from people whu played it

Nice review Yak. Sounds more like the video we saw behind seabass. PES 2009 bring it on :O)

thanx alot Yak
everyone whu has actully played the game, are happy and positiv about the gameplay good to hear that from people whu played it

Really?

I got to play three 5 minute matches of Pro Evo 2009 and I was not that impressed, its definetly an improvement on PES2008 but if what Adam and Suff say is try ''skeptical'' then the build I got to play was pretty similar to PES 2008 the game speed is much better as is the ball physics but all the other things like the skill moves with the analog stick I can't see what their claiming I am doing exactly what I did in every other Pro Evo... any one care to explain!

I only got to play 3 games so I won't say its awful but they certainly haven't impressed me. Average effort again from my point of view.

NO bashing just my opinion from ''playing the game''

I forgot to mention the graphics they are way way way better than PES2008 and I mean that still not on the level of fifa but they have improved massively from pes2008
Just got back from Leipzig and I am not impressed at all and I am a fanboy in every sense of the word. Horryfing experience this one was.
It lacks depth and fun, the 2 things that made pes stand out in the past.
No probs mate. Got to play 4 matches and I'll start with the plus points:

- Gfx: more polished, detailed and better textures. Nothing shocking but still, an effort was made.
- Ball physics: Slightly and I stress the word slightly better then 08, but for some reason when the ball hits the turf it bounces very unnatural
- Speed: more balanced but still way too fast. When 2 experienced plyers play against each other the pace is just too darn fast.
- No more slowdown except in a crowded PK area

Negatives:

- Animations: same as 2008, a joke and subpar effort. Its like 22 Crouches made of wood are playing on the pitch
- Keepers: Ow yeah, they are just too easy. They quite unnaturally parry the ball into a corner kick at almost every occassion.
- AI: an absolute joke, running into space? Where did Seacod see that?
- Heading: it just felt akward. Dunno how to put it.

Its just 2008 with a few tweaks and little improvement as a whole
Gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom