PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

how can u eneble this AA in pes2008?

AA is Anti-Aliasing, im talking about AF, and it is in the nvidia control panel (or whatever is called in ATI cards), of the graphics card, there is an option "Anisotropic Filtering", i usually set it at 4x.

OK, another thing. These vids you watch, are from GC, which is confirmed to have an old build. Also, some people said that the test was with a more advanced version, so changable variables like ball weight, which is maybe 2 or 3 lines of code, or game speed, which maybe is also 2 or 3 lines of code, can be fastly and easily changed. So, until I see a video from a newer build, I'll ignore some bugs from the videos.
Although, I don't think that animations are changed fast, so I think they'll be ugly as in those vids.

I don't buy this "older build," "newer build," "final build" crap... The game you see now is the game you'll be getting come Oct.. whether you like it or not only time will tell, but the "build" argument is a joke.

brunnoce, I am also a Senna fan. I am Spaniard and he was ahuge reason we won the euros! Do you remember me? I am formerly "RMCF ULTRA". Was in a league with you almost 2 years ago. You kept raving about RSV to me when I bothered you about finishing your games. LOL!

All I have to say is bollocks. Complete and utter bollocks....looks like EA will be gettin my hard earned...

I don't buy this "older build," "newer build," "final build" crap... The game you see now is the game you'll be getting come Oct.. whether you like it or not only time will tell, but the "build" argument is a joke.
did you read what I said? I know stuff like animations can't be better in another build, but variables like game speed or ball weight that are 2-3 lines of code can easily and fastly be changed. Graphics, keepers, defenders, can't be done better in another build, but little codes like those 2 can.

In flash code, for instance, you have a code like "variable speed = 50" and then in every code you need the speed in, you just put "var speed" and it just gets that number 50 in it. You change the number 50 to 55, and bam, all codes that have "var speed" get the number 55 for it. Easy, simple, and I'm sure, something similar is in Konami's codes.

Last edited:

The gameplay actually looks alright, it's nothing we havn't played before though, it just looks like PES as it used to be with better graphics. More impressed by the FIFA gameplay though, but that was what I expected.

I won't pay anything over £15 for something I have played loads before, just to have it with better graphics (and worse animations by the looks of it).

Konami just made a brilliant game for PS1/2, and have just sat back and watched the money roll in every year, instead of making any major improvements to the game. Hopefully PES 09 will sell badly and make them get their arses in gear to make PES10 a good game...

Also, please don't start with the "early build" bullshit excuses for Konami...

The thing that will help the most is to have the PES community either boycott it or write to Konami and voice opinions on boards like this. If they are aserious company they will hire people to scour the internet to find out what people think, etc. Many companies do this. What is hurting us is the fanboys protecting PES year after year regardless how unambitious it is. We need to stop that and face the music for our own good

Seems to be a big problem for Konami to release a new footy game every year. And I mean a good one. But hey, what are you gonna do.. How did the song go.. dum dum dee.. ah! Now I remember:

"Money!"

The videos that have been released look just like a joke. The gameplay reminds me of Fifa 06 more than PES5.

Did anyone notice the more "european" nets. My ass. The nets in all the videos are exactly the same. They are friggin terrable. I have never seen a football net in my whole life that looks like that.

The nets in PES 09 remind me of a used condom. Seriously though conarmy... how did you manage to mess up what once was a beautiful game.

just got back
and checked al the latest sh1t...and its rly is sh1t:(
as a huge WE/PES lover for years,i have to say tho's vids does not satisfy me.Check the shooting and running animations ( player physics) its just PES2008 al over,so the GFX part is also a FAIL this year(not the player faces tho).
This is just a version what pes2008 should be like last year.
I can not belief that they worked for a whole year,and this is the result(only judging what i have seen from the vids)

And mark my words:
Only thing that can save this games is the editing mode,it better be good or its a huge disappointment.

ofcourse i wil buy the ps3 version,but i have a feeling that im going to have more fun with the ps2 version(like always)

Actually the gameplay looks shit, I said it was alright before but the more I see of it the worse it seems, another shitty effort.

Robotic animations + fully AI assisted controls + arcadey gameplay = FAIL! :-x

unlike the first vid,brazil-portugal played by people that dont play pes good,the vid for ps3 argentina-brazil showed players with skill,the headers seem to be as good as in pes 6 on ps2,and shooting is more realistic,it seems the quality from pes 6 has returned,i just wonder if the cameraangle can be adjusted like in pes6,and how many editable teamslots are in the game,hope a lot more than the 20 from past games,200 would be good,making any league you want,this kind of info that WENB knows as they played the almost full version,should be released by them ,they say they have to wait until psm3 mag is released,but this kind of info would at least give them a scoop, its innocent enough.

Some people think it's a new graphics engine already ? no sorry, you need wait PES2010 for that, but if you like PES gameplay PES2009 is for you, that all

I just can't understand you people. OK, have your concerns, but don't be so sure about them. Like me, for instance, I won't believe anything that says "it's the greatest" or "it's the worst" until I feel the game.

Why do all the passes just skim along the ground without any lift? Try passing a ball like that in real life.

I mean seriously, do they really have to release a new version of Pes every year!? I'm sure they would get it right if they would develope the next version for something like three years.

I mean seriously, do they really have to release a new version of Pes every year!? I'm sure they would get it right if they would develope the next version for something like three years.
Not every year, but it's been about a decade since the last time they made a "new game" :sick:.

It's the Pes fiveish gameplay..
Passes on PES5 didn't all skim along the ground.

I just can't understand you people. OK, have your concerns, but don't be so sure about them. Like me, for instance, I won't believe anything that says "it's the greatest" or "it's the worst" until I feel the game.

Well yes, we have to wait for the full game but first impressions say alot and count. You can judge frame rate, off ball actions, physics, etc. So far, not good. I hope itll get better, but by how much? Its not gonna be totally different than these vids is it?

I didn't realize football was played on a marble top? Or is this Konami's introduction of a new way of football?

Nice graphical texture's, bloody awful gameplay, period.

I await 2010 with pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom