PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Its nice to see him talking on game but what would make video better is actually seeing improvements demonstrated he talking about.

I said few weeks ago be nice to have Seabass talking about game with improvements ala what EA have done showing you differences.

Yes. EA showed 08 examples then 09 examples right after. Good call on their behalf

I ve seen 3 videos of gameplay so far nad on every single video is goalkeeper making that stupid saves-nonsaves , this game is shit as hell.

I dont get paid for it. Its an example of what innovation, ambition, embracing next gen tech is all about. It may not belong here perhaps but I thought it was very interesting concept. There's no need to feel threatened.

WENB Exclusive: PES 2009 PC To Have LED Ad-Boards.

Contrary to what Konami PR announced last week at their press conference, PES 2009 on the PC is set to have LED Ad-Boards! Here is a snippet of their list of additions to PES 2009 from last week:

Visuals:
Stadiums:
• Graphic depiction of weather conditions unique to each stadium
• Much more detailed lighting effects that mimic the time of day more closely
• Key new grounds like Wembley, in total about 20 stadiums
• LED hoardings (PS3 and 360 versions only)

As you can see, Konami mentioned that LED hoardings would be next gen exclusives.

But an eagle eyed viewed who watched the PC gameplay video noticed the LED ad-boards in the video.
Watch here and look at the ad-boards from 50 seconds to a minute.
So credit to Raghavendra, a WENB reader for spotting this!

anything but this would have been a joke!

Yes, but not in this thread.

Ok, my bad.

LED adboards sound cool. So, will there be real ads or just konami plastered everywhere. One gripe with Fifa series is that they dont value stadium atmosphere and prefer to put there name everywhere like Konami. Im surprised there name isnt placed within a name.

Last edited:

Having seen all the videos, it's as bad as I was expecting.

AI is the same absolut mess. Totally unrealistic, players off the ball move like headless chicken again. There's no sense of tactical formation, the players just don't mark anyone again... it's a PS2 game, nothing more in terms of AI and positioning.

Not to mention physics, that are subpar for next-gen, from the ball to the player collisions.

Animations are bad, the players running like manga ninjas are still there...

These things can't be amended for the final product, they need a new engine or completely new physics.

On the positive, the lightning is quite good, and the grass colours are better.

Overall, it may be slightly better than pes2008 (not difficult) but still far away from a next gen game.

Really a shame. I'm sad to see how konami have milked the cow so much than now is only a walking skeleton.

I love that the colors look right for grass etc and that the lighting is cool but man does the gameplay esp running look last gen...they need to do alot more than what theyve done with 2009 as a developer. Honestly they copuld make these improvements on wii and just do a wii game from now on if they can not compete with the level that ea is doing...

AI is the same absolut mess. Totally unrealistic, players off the ball move like headless chicken again. There's no sense of tactical formation, the players just don't mark anyone again... it's a PS2 game, nothing more in terms of AI and positioning.

Not to mention physics, that are subpar for next-gen, from the ball to the player collisions.

These things can't be amended for the final product, they need a new engine or completely new physics.

Overall, it may be slightly better than pes2008 (not difficult) but still far away from a next gen game.

Really a shame. I'm sad to see how konami have milked the cow so much than now is only a walking skeleton.

couldn't agree more the seabass interview was un inspirational and very bland just like the game we are seeing now

Like I said, Konami need a new team for future PES games, simple as that. And they really do need to build an appropriate game engine that allows for stronger physics and stuff. They are pretty much using a last gen engine for a "next gen" game. It doesnt work.

Pes even in the shit 08 still beats fifa when it comes to the main points of the game which is through balls especially overlapping wingers/wingbacks, Shooting and crossing.

You always feel that the shooting is predetermined in fifa as is the crossing even on manual

i soooooo totally agree... your comment is exactly what it is.

When I consider it with cool head, this game is ok for PC and PS2 , if online is good and keepers wont be turning every shot form 40 meters in deadly chance , but next gen ? I dont think so, however worst then PES08 it simply cant be so I ll play with friends on PC , PC version is cheaper anyway - 17.99 pounds and this is not so much , when u consider that u get the same "next gen " as on PS3.

You all sound like idiots. You watch videos of some noobs playing, and you say the game sucks??? OMG!
You haven't played the game, what do you know? All those testers like pesfan.com, WENB, gamespot.com, and many more, today released their thoughts and EVERYONE of them say it's a big improvement and reminds of PES5. They've played the game. Even one of the previews said they tested the game 10 hours. They should know what the game is, because they played it. You say it sucks, because you see a video made by a noob, playing Arg vs Port, and mistaking the buttons for shoot and pass......

Why do hell do people keep saying nextgen when referring to the PS3 & 360. There is so such thing as nextgen get it in your heads. Nextgen implies what's coming next not this generation goddammit.

You all sound like idiots. You watch videos of some noobs playing, and yoу say the game sucks??? OMG!
You haven't played the game, what do you know? All those testers like pesfan.com, WENB, gamespot.com, and many more, today released their thoughts and EVERYONE of them say it's a big improvement and reminds of PES5. They've played the game. Even one of the previews said they tested the game 10 hours. They should know what the game is, because they played it. You say it sucks, because you see a video made by a noob, playing Arg vs Port, and mistaking the buttons for shoot and pass......

Uh whoever is playing it doesn't make any difference. If a pro gamer scored 10 goals my opinion wouldn't change. What in god's name does that have anything to do with the quality of the game? Absolutely nothing.

I still don't get all the negativity:((

The game looks to be alot better than 08 in almost every sense.It loks nothing like the beautiful FIFA, but I think its going to be very enjoyable.

To say its shit at this point is just a stupid conclusion.Also trying to evaluate the amount of animations out of a 5 minute video is not going to happen.

In previous PES's I saw things after many, many hours of gameplay that had not been presented in the game before.

A little level headedness (is that a word?) required at this point on either game.

Uh whoever is playing it doesn't make any difference. If a pro gamer scored 10 goals my opinion wouldn't change. What in god's name does that have anything to do with the quality of the game? Absolutely nothing.
What I meant was, that all those testers FELT the game, and should have a more exact thought of the game. You can watch a match and say it's ugly, but if you feel it, maybe your opinion will change...

You all sound like idiots. You watch videos of some noobs playing, and you say the game sucks??? OMG!

Ummm, no! First off, you can judge physics easily, you can judge graphics easily and you can pay attention to what the players are doing off the ball. Mate, it doesnt look that impressive.

Furthermore, I remember hearing "This is the best footy game..." rhetoric by people who tested PES2008 (next gen) and look at the pile it is. We are not idiots but people who have carefully seen the videos. Pictures speak louder than words. Last gen grfx? check. Choppy robotic low fps players running? check.

thanks placebo for the mirrors.

Pes is being better on pc, from years now, you got kitserver, custom music, chants, commentaries, stadiums, teams, etc.

If you enable anisotropic filtering in pes 2008, the grass looks much better than in 360/ps3. And with a little patch (about 30mb)+ an option file, you get all the teams licensed.

PC is the way to go, and will be the same with gta 4, i guess.

Is it really PES5? I don't want them going backwards, but forward :(

still best footy ever bro

still best footy ever bro

It's lines like this and thoughts like this that allows Konami to be complacent and unambitious. This is what is annoying alot of PES fans/former fans. Keep up the "good work".....:sick:

Anyway, I think alot of people agree with me in that Fifa 08 ("next gen") is a better all around game than PES2008. And if not, things certainly look way brighter for Fifa 2009, and future releases, just basing it on the strides it's made in the last 2 years.

Last edited:

thanks placebo for the mirrors.

Pes is being better on pc, from years now, you got kitserver, custom music, chants, commentaries, stadiums, teams, etc.

If you enable anisotropic filtering in pes 2008, the grass looks much better than in 360/ps3. And with a little patch (about 30mb)+ an option file, you get all the teams licensed.

PC is the way to go, and will be the same with gta 4, i guess.

how can u eneble this AA in pes2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom