PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

did you play fifa 06 and 07 by any chance then suddenly 08 is a new engine amazing gameplay jump
now think about pes 08 and 09 or think back to pes and pes 2 before the suddenly advanced pes 3 on the ps2

and you clearly dont know me as i have been boasting on this foruum for over 4 years that pes 08 and 09 would be shit until they got to the third title just like any sports title on next gen consoles

:SS EA started using the new engine in FIFA 07 (first true next gen fife game) and built on that

where as the new engine for the PES was awful (PES08) so unless they create another engine (which takes longer then a year) i cant see it getting back to form

This year i think they should have JUST concentrated on the gameplay, forget the lame game modes and online

did you play fifa 06 and 07 by any chance then suddenly 08 is a new engine amazing gameplay jump
now think about pes 08 and 09 or think back to pes and pes 2 before the suddenly advanced pes 3 on the ps2

and you clearly dont know me as i have been boasting on this foruum for over 4 years that pes 08 and 09 would be shit until they got to the third title just like any sports title on next gen consoles

I played every fifa since I can remember. 07 was when their new engine came out. 07 was poor but you can see the foundation was there. 08 was a huge jump from 07. EA clearly worked hard on improving from one year to the other. In one year, alot was done, added. So far, PES 09 doesn't show much. There is still a ton we dont know but first impressions are not good, to me at least, and quite a few others here.

I still see you preaching ;))

07 was the new engine (on next gen), not 06. Well, I guess technically they worked on it during the 2006 year but Fifa 2007 was the first title to be run on the new engine.

we all kind of know that seabass has been working on a new engine behind the scenes which on a next gen console takes suprise suprise around 3 years
and i hate seabass simply because of his piss poor masterleague before you start then immature fanboy shit again.

Great news that it's similar to PES5.
Only seen one video, and the team without the ball doesn't hold its shape very well, and two or three people chase the ball at once, almost like schoolboy football.
I'm still cautiously optimistic, but I wish they'd sort out the defense AI and positioning.

Anyone confirm that PES have bought up the exclusive rights to the Bernabeu stadium and Real madrid kits? I sqaw a fifa video with no official Madrid kit and Bernabeu wasn't in fifa 07. Thatll be one strike against fifa since I am a Real Madrid member.

I dont really care for what is better or why.All we want is to have an enjoyable experience and i genuinely belive PES will give us that this year.I hope FIFA does too, just hope its more responsive to play.

I dont really care for what is better or why.All we want is to have an enjoyable experience and i genuinely belive PES will give us that this year.I hope FIFA does too, just hope its more responsive to play.

Ive posted 2 videos a page or two back. It is extremely responsive compared to 08.

Pes even in the shit 08 still beats fifa when it comes to the main points of the game which is through balls especially overlapping wingers/wingbacks, Shooting and crossing.

You always feel that the shooting is predetermined in fifa as is the crossing even on manual

Guys i see it coming once again...

PES2009 for ps2 all the way people! Again the best version...

So sad for us we/pes lovers...

Fifa09 looks great by the way...

the menustructure looks REALLY ugly in my opinion... :(

menjf5.jpg

we all kind of know that seabass has been working on a new engine behind the scenes which on a next gen console takes suprise suprise around 3 years
and i hate seabass simply because of his piss poor masterleague before you start then immature fanboy shit again.

"Kind of know" isn't the same as knowing for sure. This 3 year rule you speak of is no dogma. What if PES2010 is still the same as 09, what will you do then? Hara-kiri? ;)

Right, can we please leave FIFA out of this thread now? Thanks a lot.

Pes even in the shit 08 still beats fifa when it comes to the main points of the game which is through balls especially overlapping wingers/wingbacks, Shooting and crossing.

You always feel that the shooting is predetermined in fifa as is the crossing even on manual

Fifa 08 has flaws, no doubt. I play online and Fifa is the only one to allow a smooth experience. PES 2008 was crap to me but its just my opinion.

The celebrations & the overall animations are exactly the same as those of PES 08, jesus.

That menu/presentation looks very amateurish. Nothing wrong with style as long as the substance is there Seabass & Co. Very dated. It's these little things that add up that just makes PEs look unambitious. There's no excuse for this. IMO only of course

BACK HOME!

i played konamy soccer games from the very first ISS on snes but last year pes08 was really awful so i bought only FIFA 08 and i admit that its a great game with a wonderful online.

I believe tha FIFA 09 will be wonderful too but i really liked those jeuxvideo videos of pes09, the graphic is not on par with FIFA09 but its much better than last year, i dont understand why people keep saying that it is the same of pes 2008..

And the game... thank god no more dribble to end and no more flipper passes, 09 looks a lot more realistic and enjoyable, yes the animation are still robotic but the gameplay looks really good(wonderful net by the way)

Maybe this year FIFA 09 will be better than pes BUT i will be so happy to start playing again the game that i played for 10 years, i know its sort of romantic but i miss the good old pes ;)
(if pes turns out to have an acceptable online, let me hope :))

"Kind of know" isn't the same as knowing for sure. This 3 year rule you speak of is no dogma. What if PES2010 is still the same as 09, what will you do then? Hara-kiri? ;)

Konami will be fucked lol i dont care i just want Fallout 3 to be released

Where are you guys I need help Lami, Thomasgoal, Badgerman etc all these ppl suddenly think i am a PES fanboy LMAO :).
I am the most pesimistic PES fan on this site lol

Konami will be fucked lol i dont care i just want Fallout 3 to be released

Where are you guys I need help Lami, Thomasgoal, Badgerman etc all these ppl suddenly think i am a PES fanboy LMAO :).
I am the most pesimistic PES fan on this site lol

Fallout 3 FTW! I'm so there. anyway, back on the subject....

[OT]

Please don't promote other sites here. Thanks!

The Admin

I wasn't promoting another site that might've been in competition with evo-web (in fact it doesn't have anything to do with Konami games at all), I was simply letting a fellow Sensible Soccer fan (embraceuk1) - which aren't exactly as easy to come by nowadays as they were 15 years ago - know that an updated PC (smoothly and perfectly) emulated online version of the Amiga SWOS 96/97 has been developed by fans and was available and free to play at a certain website I won't mention again.

I fail to see how the aforementioned informations could harm in any way your website (please enlighten me, I'm curious), I do believe there's definately more relevant stuff around here you should be getting your panties in a bunch for, therefore stop picking on my posts, please. Thanks in advance, admin-dude.

[/OT]

Last edited:

The celebrations & the overall animations are exactly the same as those of PES 08, jesus.

I disagree.

The running animations are far and away better than 08.There certainly is not that weird skating effect they had at times either.

Its not exactly the same, your opinion maybe, but its just not;))

i concur, he has been hamering this in our heads, now i finally beleive him, hahaha

I wasn't promoting another site that might've been in competition with evo-web (in fact it doesn't have anything to do with Konami games at all), I was simply letting a fellow Sensible Soccer fan (embraceuk1) - which aren't exactly as easy to come by nowadays as they were 15 years ago - know that an updated PC (smoothyly and perfectly) emulated online version of the Amiga SWOS 96/97 has been developed by fans and was available and free to play at a certain website I won't mention again.

I fail to see how the aforementioned informations could harm in any way your website (please enlighten me, I'm curious), I do believe there's definately more relevant stuff around here you should be getting your panties in a bunch for, therefore stop picking on my posts, please. Thanks in advance, admin-dude.

Please take a look at our board rules located here:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/faq.php?faq=ewfaq#faq_ew_rules

6) Do not make any posts advertising a particular product or website. Please note that this includes affiliate links. A normal sized text link in your signature to your personal web site is acceptable. Any other form of advertising requires the prior permission of an administrator.

If there are still any questions left, feel free to send me a PM.

I disagree.

The running animations are far and away better than 08.There certainly is not that weird skating effect they had at times either.

Its not exactly the same, your opinion maybe, but its just not;))

I wasn't talking about the running animations, which don't seem very natural or realistic either. The celebrations ARE the same, the throw-ins ARE the same, the referees ARE the same, the players (or should I say statues) on the bench ARE the same.

Random player lowering himself to arrange his socks? Check. Why? :LOL:

I have yet to see any new animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom