PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Guys, I for one like what I see in the video. I like the more vibrant colors and lovely pitch(finally). Balls definately looks heavier and realistic. Player models look same which isn't a bad thing. Running animations still look crap, however I did notice that not all running animations are like this. Goals/nets look the same which behave better than Fifa in my opinion. Stupid breeze blocks are still there and really don't understand why Konami doesn't take a few minutes to remove them once and for all. Noticed a few new animations, hopefully there are more.

Overall, I am satisfied with the vid and am looking forward to playing it.

Having said that, Konami still has a lot of work to do for next version.

GC 2008: Revised 360 controller is 'limited edition, promotional item

revised-360-pad-yuck.jpg

No sooner had we ecstatically bid the old d-pad adieu than Microsoft advised that its tweaked Xbox 360 controller is not yet destined for mass distribution. While confirming an October 24 release date with Eurogamer, the publisher noted that the new controller, sporting an "optimized" and not-entirely-awful d-pad, will be released as a Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 tie-in product. As such, it will be "a limited edition promotional item that is only available in Europe, Asia and Latin America while supplies last."

It's also a revolting green.

We've contacted Microsoft in the hopes of ascertaining its US plans for the improved controller, if any.

Guys, I for one like what I see in the video. I like the more vibrant colors and lovely pitch(finally). Balls definately looks heavier and realistic. Player models look same which isn't a bad thing. Running animations still look crap, however I did notice that not all running animations are like this. Goals/nets look the same which behave better than Fifa in my opinion. Stupid breeze blocks are still there and really don't understand why Konami doesn't take a few minutes to remove them once and for all. Noticed a few new animations, hopefully there are more.

Overall, I am satisfied with the vid and am looking forward to playing it.

Having said that, Konami still has a lot of work to do for next

version.

There is alot to look forward to. The gameplay looks great. So many things to look forward to.

It looks as much like pes 2008 as pes 5 looked to pes 4

I dont know if I am in the minority:blush: but from the video's I have seen I think it looks very good.

The ball physics look spot on and although its less animated than FIFA it still looks super smooth with some nice touches.

Graphics have defo improved and i don't buy the "looks just like PES2008" argument because it does not.The graphics are better, the pitches are better, the lighting is much better, the player models are not so stiff and the gameplay looks very different to me.

Its got a more simulated feel to it now, slower paced but has that nice weighty feeling the previous next gen games lacked.

If I can have a decent edit facility and nice online play then I may just fall back in love with my beloved franchise.

I accept the fact its not made another huge leap but its most certainly improved, to state its not is of course an opinion but I am not convinced that there are other agenda's at work when making such flipent comments.

I have just about manged to stunt my expectation this year and thus i am quite excited about both, for those expecting a super dooper all singing, dancing game of footy have an eternity to wait IMO on both games, not just the following year.

looks great and so does FIFA:DD

looked shit to me to be honest..doesnt look next gen thats for sure..lets hope it plays fantastic

Fifa nets have always been subpar. Call me crazy, but so far from what I see, PES2009 still doesn't look next gen to me and the engine they use doesn't allow for an organic feel. You can see how players run, it's still kind of choppy, robotic. I was expecting more but like I said, theyll need at least 2 more years to catch up to next gen standards. IMHO, I feel as if Konami need to look to new ideas. Restructuring the team, using a new engine and bringing in people with new ideas. Seabass & Co. seem to be stuck in a time warp. This game has not evolved nicely enough in the last 2 years. What have they been doing? Just my 2 cents.

Editing PES on the PS3 just got a whole lot easier this device is awesome on the xbox 360 :)

GC 2008: PS3 wireless keypad with mouse input

keypad.jpg

At its Leipzig Games Convention press conference today, Sony unveiled a wireless keypad peripheral that attaches to the top of the PlayStation 3 controller (presumably into the mini-USB port). The keypad also features a "touchpad mode" for mouse input. Pricing was not revealed, but the device will be released in 8 different languages.

It's worth noting that MadCatz released an attachable thumbpad for PS3 in April 2007.

Yea i guess. Not nextgen. But I expected this thanks to wenb already mentioned a few times its going to be an evolution. Good thing I haven't up'd my hopes. Still looks playable though. Obviously better than last year.

Gave 2008 a 5. I'm giving this a 7 for now. Maybe when I play this rating would go up or down.

Certainly love the grass though. And the ball. Like finally. And please keep it for 2010 :lol:

The lighting looks brilliant, it's as if the light source is actually the floodlights, not some mystical sun hidden in the turf.

Just saw the above video,man they still got those god for saken SAND BAGS at the base of the net.
Gameplay looks ok..atleast for PC we can take those ugly bags out of the game.

From the videos I m guessing PES2009 runs at 45 fps instead of the next gen norm of 60. There's a big difference. What Im looking forward to is hearing if the practice mode and all the bells and whistles that WE9 had, return. Full beefed up edit mode and all. That will be determining whether I get this or not.

Running both Pes09 & Fifa09 videos along each other and I know which game looks better. Like it's been said WTF have Konami been doing for a whole year??? Because it doesn't look like much, people say wait til 2010 by then I predict EA will have surpassed Konami by then which years ago saying something like that would have made my stomach turn...

p.s. The running animations look godawful

The lighting looks brilliant, it's as if the light source is actually the floodlights, not some mystical sun hidden in the turf.

I agree, it makes the game come alive, they seem to have got it spot on.It all looks far more vibrant and as Lami states, i love the grass and ball physics.

Taking everything into consideration the 2nd video looks good (still DL the 1st video!) I just hope that we get more videos with people that actually play the game and not play to the camera.

How hard is it to produce a proper score display?

Last edited:

Balls definately looks heavier and realistic.

uhh...the ball seems trapped inside a lower gravity field; it rebounds like it was a sponge yet rarely ever detaches itself from the pitch and the remote-controlled and rail-like passages make it seem subdued to a permanent magnetic field which sticks it undefinitely to the player's feet, a definite failure in my opinion.

Look at FIFA or try to recall the older WE's gameplay, wherein

A. if you started running the ball actually pulled ahead and progressively detached itself from the player's "possession field", becoming a separate entity and

B. passages could actually miss the player they were directed to and followed pretty sketchy trajectories unless you were either controlling Maradona or weren't pressed and facing your target at a relatively close distance.

I haven't seen any of this in the latest PES video unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

has anyone spoted any untucked shirt or diferent socks lentgh in any of the videos?
i wonder if they rip it off from the game for good, i hope not.

What will PES 2010 change? Fifa 2010 should be even better than 09 (at least from the trend it's setting). Hopefully PES 2010 will be of next gen quality. I was once a PES (WE) fanboy too. But you know what? Konami doesnt pay me and people change their minds constantly unless you are conservative and don't want to move with the times. There are people who hate Fifa simply because it is an EA product and EA is the "Evil corporate monster". Thats not a good reason to hate Fifa. I hated Fifas previous to 08 simply cause they were horrible. On 08 I saw the light and 09 looks even brighter while Konami isn't being ambitious enough as I see it and are clearly being left behind.

Last edited:

did you play fifa 06 and 07 by any chance then suddenly 08 is a new engine amazing gameplay jump
now think about pes 08 and 09 or think back to pes and pes 2 before the suddenly advanced pes 3 on the ps2

and you clearly dont know me as i have been boasting on this foruum for over 4 years that pes 08 and 09 would be shit until they got to the third title just like any sports title on next gen consoles

Last edited:

I hope that we can take quick FK's when we actually want to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom