PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

just saw the video. maybe its just me but it still feelts to arcady. the animations are dry ie rubbish. the pace is fine but so far not even half has good as the "other" footy game. i need to see more videos of it

It's all wrong how the players turn and the ball seems to stick to the player, it just looks unnatural.

Fifa is not perfect but I like how the ball moves even in the 08 version.

Riot will be on the WENB podcast soon. I know a lot of people on here like him

Just caught up with all the latest PES2009 developments.

There's much more to come from the exhibition hall at Leipzig, no doubt, but for now I regard Seabass' offering of a next-gen PES5 (which seems to be the consensus view so far) as a "Deal or No Deal?" kind of moment. To which I emphatically say: "Deal!"

In that 'videocast' by WENB, why did they have to do it in the noisiest school dinner hall in London?

The videos are too similar to PES2008 right now, but I can see a new 'heaviness' in the gameplay. Which is very welcome.

Will we get to see a video featuring people who can actually play a bit, though?

I think people who play on screens in exhibition halls become overwhelmed by the public setting and feel obliged constantly to attack, attack, attack, leading to all those cut-out forward passes and the resulting messy gameplay.

I want to see a gameplay video either with two players who can keep their heads in public and play the ball about a bit, or one made in privacy. Anyone know if the WENB boys were allowed to film their session?

Last edited:

3 questions, please answer if you can
• No La liga license, but will the player namnes, club names and kits be correct? I don´t care about the actual La Liga-logotype
• Will you be able to "tilt"/change the camera, as you could in previous versions. Not being stucked with the same angle?
Will you be able to take control of CPU-teams when playing a league. This was removed for pes 08 and when playing with a friend we couldn´t just choose one team each - we had to play EVERY single game
THANKS

good questions, especially #3

IMO the video looked very promising but the fact that the blokes who played it didn't know how to shoot really spoiled it for me.....

I like how the players stretch for the ball and trap the ball on the sidelines.

Animations looked improved only slightly, I only managed to see one shooting animation from open-play(meh :P)

need more videos.....

badgerman, i'm also referring to in-game graphics.

fifa looks almost photorealistic (even though PES has better player models). the atmosphere is superb. PES's is just too cartooney.

Anyway, finally watched a decent video of gameplay, the ball rolling looks awesome.

Edit: oh, and 2 halftime you can see the X button - so it's PS3.

Nice interview, the guy seemed more satisfied compared to last year where he just apologized over and over.

I mean probably a small step in the right direction is better than a big jump nowhere, so i guess next year will tell what they are up to. But for this year i'll stick to the ps2 version or fifa09.

You can control CPU teams like you mean if you have kitserver and option in kitserver - disable controller check :))

P.S. 19:30 unreal record

badgerman, i'm also referring to in-game graphics.

fifa looks almost photorealistic (even though PES has better player models). the atmosphere is superb. PES's is just too cartooney.

Anyway, finally watched a decent video of gameplay, the ball rolling looks awesome.

I was baiting you because you made a generalisation that I wanted you to go back on. The bit about atmosphere is a bit vague, I think you mean how the crowd and sound in Fifa seems more realistic, which is true, but the PES being cartoony is another generalisation that I don't really see

I'm desperately waiting for some goals to be uploaded because I don't want to watch 2 poor players pass it out of play for no reason.

P.S. 19:30 unreal record

Into a headwind as well. What is that guy made of?

Last edited:

Really disappointed that the 'cut scene' close up animations are

a) Still there
b) exactly the same as last year

but as others said, we need to see a video with people who can play it, that one was almost like me playing!

the people playing the game in one of the first videos, are handicapped ore something?

it looks exaltly the same like last year such a shit!!!!

And here's one thing, anyone that doesn't want to be mates with Suff is just evil.

That guy looks like he'd take a bullet for you if you lent him 5p.

It's time for wind to get scary :LOL:

I honestly reckon that he could be the first runner to get below 9.5, which would be a pretty symbolic landmark.

Has anybody seen this?
If this is true, I'll really be dissapointed...
For flashed XBox360 users, it might not be a big problem,
but for PS3 users.... I think I'll just buy FIFA09 this time :(

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/level7-playtest-pes-2009-theyre-unimpressed/

The big news is that Konami seem to have lost the whole spanish league. They
have fake team names and false clothing.

Last edited:

Suff is definitely Children's BBC fodder.

That's it, he could present Newsround. He's beyond perfect for that role.

Also anyone that finds a new video with an actual goal in, PM me before you post so I don't have to download at 5kbs for the next 4 days.

Two things really confuse me about this thread....

The first, Pes 2008 wasn't actually that bad for me. Pes6 (XBox 360) was shit, there is no denying that. I quickly went out and bought the PC version with kitserver and such and yeah its the best PES ive ever played.

I first got 2008 on the xbox and loved it, then hated it, and then loved it again. I rarely play one player so pes is all about multiplayer for me. I only stopped playing PES 2008 on xbox because I swaped over to the PC version (for kitserver and patching options)

I actually like PES2008, and actually think it's a brilliant football game. and before anyone says anything about me not knowing anything about games, ive played EVERY Winning ELeven and PES game ever made (since ISS days on the snes)

My fave version was WE8 Livewire Evolution...how many of you modern PES lovers remember that huh!!?!?!?

I play the new versions of PES until the next one comes out, never go backwards and agreed they do that things out which I wish were still in it but noone forces us to buy and play these games...

The second reason im confused....

ok Fifa looks good this year...they're copying PES gameplay, and im glad they are, gives consumers the option now between TWO good games but why in the hell are FIFA fanboys spending time on this thread? Lepzieg represents a big day for FIFA 2009 too so why aint you in there commenting??!?

We can judge a short video, a couple of preview codes etc blah blah

WAIT FOR THE DEMO...IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT...IF YOU DONT...DONT!!!

p.s. anyone remember the day when this site was Winning ELeven/Pro Exclusive...no Fifa scum within a mile radius :p

aaaarrrghhh. the fonts in that gameplay vid are terrible!!! Still got breeze blocks as well. I'll play a demo before comitting my hard earned.

This is the difference for me.

EA have listened to the community and have improved on area's that were requested to be improved. Like response times, and player models.

They improve the key areas, and add loads of new stuff on top of that.

Konami don't listen to the community and take good things out, and add pointless things, before fixing the problems.

I don't understand what Konami do for a year with regards to producing the game.

Nobody can tell me that is a years work that we have seen today.

Top post Cammey, so true R.I.P PES

If people continues asking both to companies to copy the other, we will end having to equal games.

they really need to change that scoreboard :| looks extremely boring and arcadey

reminds me of ISS games in the arcades :lol:

its a fucking joke

If people continues asking both to companies to copy the other, we will end having to equal games.

no i think everyone just wants FIFA to completely copy PES gameplay

because that way we would get next gen graphics, great game modes, licenses and an awesome gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom