PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Finally read the WENB review. Can't see anything to get even vaguely excited about. It's marginally slower than PES2008...that transforms their worst ever game into a great game?

They haven't even revamped the league structure in ML? Hahaha! Laughable.

Well you were overly negative from the start so you were never going to be impressed. This is hardly a startling revelation you're announcing to the world.

Agree 100%. We do all the other aiming in the game with the left thumb, so that is the natural way to do it. Suddenly trying to make precision aiming with the right thumb, which isn't a common motion for most games, is both awkward and unnatural.

Not to mention you then have to move your hand off the RAS to the buttons to perform a shot. Risible.

More than anything else, this game needs a complete overhaul of the control system. 8-directional scripted nonsense.

3 questions, please answer if you can
• No La liga license, but will the player namnes, club names and kits be correct? I don´t care about the actual La Liga-logotype
• Will you be able to "tilt"/change the camera, as you could in previous versions. Not being stucked with the same angle?
• Will you be able to take control of CPU-teams when playing a league. This was removed for pes 08 and when playing with a friend we couldn´t just choose one team each - we had to play EVERY single game
THANKS

My guess is while the main team is working on pes2010 a smaller team worked to fix pes2008 as much as possible.

Because if the full team worked for 1 year and produce the same game with a few tweaks here and there it would just be a joke.

Well for me it's simple: if it's gameplaywise like pes5/6, nicer graphics and:

"Slow Down. Non-existent…. Absolutely no sign of it what so ever. We saw the rare frame rate drop for a millisecond, but that’s me being extremely harsh as the game flows flawlessly at what I assume to be 30 frames per second. Slow down in replays? Again, perfect and with the addition of some nice camera effects during replays (a bit Hollywood-esque)"

then i hope on a slowdownfree online (2 x 2) and it will be my game !

The same damn referee, again... Hope to see another in the next video.

yeah jonneymendoza... I was away too, when I came back - OMG!! wtf?!
new videos and much more :))
sorry for my english

the major problems with pes2008,being to fast pace and bad ballphysics seem solved,pes goes back to its roots as addictive simulation,the presentation is not as europeans would like it,but that is not so important as gameplay,hope the editing is at least as good as pes6 on ps2,cant wait to play a demo so im reasured completly,to bad ea uses the same tactics with there exclusive deals,just shows they know that with a level playingfield pes would beat them in sales,many kids dont see beyond the licenced teams and dont give pes a chance,just releaved the disgrace that pes2008 was can be considered a one time mistake,cant wait to put the game in my ps3,playing pes6 for three years would be to much.

I know it's a running joke around here, but can't someone in Leipzig just ask about untucked shirts? Honestly, what's the point of pursuing a better graphic if the most crucial trait of a player's appaerance is not there?
I don't care about the wrinkles, the lights and things like that, but jesus christ, an untucked shirt makes the player.

Do you hear that?

Wonderful silence while people download it.

Ahhh, heaven. :D

hehe going at 20kbps probably due to server load, gonna make me some popcorn while I'm waiting....

pace looks fine to me. Physics are looking good, too. If only online is working this time...

But:
please work on the animations, KONAMI ! the transitions, especially on direction changes, are awful. FIFA has 8 directions, too, but it's looking more smoother.

PES200x/PS360 feels like playing a hexagonal strategy game in full HD. Those games are/were fun. But no need to transfer the gameplay to a high spec console.

They shouldn't have released ANY "next gen" version, including this year. The gameplay is close to perfect on PS2, the game machanics are based on PS2. PS2 (for some reason) still sells well, PES/WE sells well on PS2. And for some reason I have the feeling PES Productions don't really want a PS360 version (yet)

rant over.
I'm still gonna buy it, PS3 and 360. No PS2.

All I'm saying is that when you see them from a distance the boots, the face, the number, the eyes, whatever. They don't matter, the only thing you need is height and the untucked shirt if the real player has it

You should have got in early and downloaded it at 230.1kbs like myself.

Can I ask how the ball physics have improved?

It still rolls around like a marble on a glass floor.

The player animations are still terrible.

Lighting looks slightly better.

It looks just like 2008 to me.

no, that still a FIFA exclusive

You just couldn't rise above the PES criticism could you? Such a shame you felt so insecure about your beloved game you just had to take a stab at Fifa. And it's not as if it's even an accurate stab, ball physics in Fifa are far beyond ball physics in PES, hard to accept but that's just how it is.

You just couldn't rise above the PES criticism could you? Such a shame you felt so insecure about your beloved game you just had to take a stab at Fifa. And it's not as if it's even an accurate stab, ball physics in Fifa are far beyond ball physics in PES, hard to accept but that's just how it is.

How do you know that ball physics in Fifa is far beyond than Pes?Did yoy play Pes and Fifa that you know that?
Sorry Placebo but you have Pes complexes:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom