PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

How do you know that ball physics in Fifa is far beyond than Pes?Did yoy play Pes and Fifa that you know that?
Sorry Placebo but you have Pes complexes:DD

I played Fifa08 and PES2008, I played Euro 2008, I've seen videos of gameplay footage from Fifa09 and PES2009, have you not seen/played all those? They all have a ball in them, it moves in all of them, what do you think? :)

There is absolutely no contest, that gameplay video was absolutely horrendous. Have you seen Fifa's trailer & gameplay vids? Come on wtf are Konami thinking.

The ref still whistles without the whistle in his mouth, or does he whistle with his mouth? The players on the bench are still statues looking straight without ever turning their heads haha. This is absolute crap.

I played Fifa08 and PES2008, I played Euro 2008, I've seen videos of gameplay footage from Fifa09 and PES2009, have you not seen/played all those? They all have a ball in them, it moves in all of them, what do you think? :)

The ball physics will be down to a matter of opinion as I reckon that Pro Evo's is more realistic, only because I found Euro 2008 to be a bit SWOS like in that you tonk it and chase it.

If we let this one die now we can save a few pages of nothing.

I have just pre-ordered the 360 version of this. It might not be the best game ever but it's worth having either way.

Eagerly awaiting more videos.

now i agree with that guy who said about the untucked shirts..i think it add to the feel of realism...
also i would like to see some GK saves..but the guys who where playing didnt evan know the right button to shoot...cheeezzz

This is the difference for me.

EA have listened to the community and have improved on area's that were requested to be improved. Like response times, and player models.

They improve the key areas, and add loads of new stuff on top of that.

Konami don't listen to the community and take good things out, and add pointless things, before fixing the problems.

I don't understand what Konami do for a year with regards to producing the game.

Nobody can tell me that is a years work that we have seen today.

Placebo but you only compare the worst Pes,I mean Pes 2008.Watching a video and play is two different things.You didn't play Fifa 09 and Pes 2009! Ok you compare the best Fifa in the series to the worst Pes in the series and this not honestly.Placebo i played Euro 2008 too and I can show you 100 arguments that this game is crap.

why so bitching to each other. Just post comments that make sense.

The ball physics will be down to a matter of opinion as I reckon that Pro Evo's is more realistic, only because I found Euro 2008 to be a bit SWOS like in that you tonk it and chase it.

You can say that LIKING one game or another's ball physics is down to personal opinion and I totally respect that.

But then there's reality and the laws of phyisics themselves, and PES are really far far away of the real world. You may not like the phyisics in Fifa, they may be even bad in some aspects (personally I don't think so).

But not accepting that pes long passes are at 160 kms / h, that reflections, rebounds and even ball bounces take almost random angles to lay in the feet of a player, or that the ball can perfectly roll 30 meters without even bouncing once... please, not accepting all this is simply a matter of fanatism.

Placebo but you only compare the worst Pes,I mean Pes 2008.

A company is only as good as their last game. PES2008 was bad, Euro2008 was poor if you're into singleplayer like me, supposedly it's awesome online but I don't play online so I don't play Euro2008.

Based on what everyone has read, listened, see saw far, has the game matched expectations ?

Because you don't want to hear it. Today has shown a marked improvement on what we thought we'd get, the majority of what we've heard is positive with the general sentiment being that we've moved back to the good ole days.

PES 2008 was shit, aye, but now it is clear that was a one off. If you want 2009 to be dire then all the best, but hoping for it isn't going to make it so.

no, that still a FIFA exclusive
i thought u was a well respected memeber in these forums as people where crying that you left the forum unless its not the real ThomasGOAL and that someone hacked into his account to post such biased blaten fanboy crap :LOL:

Because you don't want to hear it. Today has shown a marked improvement on what we thought we'd get, the majority of what we've heard is positive with the general sentiment being that we've moved back to the good ole days.

PES 2008 was shit, aye, but now it is clear that was a one off. If you want 2009 to be dire then all the best, but hoping for it isn't going to make it so.

I don't want it to be dire at all.

I just want it to be a "realistic" game of football.

I don't understand how people can say that what they have seen today is 1 next gen quality looks wise. And 2 has all the features that we expect form a PS2 game never mind PS3/360.

more like a weeks worth. granted fifa have a larger team but still come on. the improvements thats been announced so far are minor and would take nomore then a month to do so. i mean one of the improvements is the pace of teh game. thats a couple of hours worth of work, if that

more like a weeks worth. granted fifa have a larger team but still come on. the improvements thats been announced so far are minor and would take nomore then a month to do so. i mean one of the improvements is the pace of teh game. thats a couple of hours worth of work, if that

Didn't Seacod claim they had worked on the 09 version for longer too?

Based on what everyone has read, listened, see saw far, has the game matched expectations ?

We need to wait for the folks at Leipzig to give us their views, but the initial reaction has been pretty positive. The video showed numerous little bits that caught my eye, ball collisions are much more realistic for instance.

Personally I'm waiting for some more videos, hopefully one of someone scoring a goal so we can see the keepers, nets and all that malarky.

looking from a distance (I barely played PES2008), it looks like it's basically the same game, only slower and with no slowdown.

Not good enough for me. Still looks cartooney and with laughable AI. Ball physic's still a joke.

Give us a next-gen PES6, please.

I don't understand how people can say that what they have seen today is 1 next gen quality looks wise. And 2 has all the features that we expect form a PS2 game never mind PS3/360.

The video we've seen would never be possible on a PS2. You must have some pretty high standards because it's on par with Fifa. Also I don't know what you expect feature-wise from a sports game, it's got numerous modes and is adding to them for 2009.

These talking points have been around for a while but there's nothing much to them in all honesty.

Last edited:

the video has gotten me very excited. Did you guys see the quick set kick? it was sweet. Also the animations are incredible as well as the graphics. I think this game will be great with 2 v 2 and mates.

The video we've seen would never be possible on a PS2. You must have some pretty high standards because it's on par with Fifa.

I don't know what you expect feature-wise from a sports game. It's got numerous modes and is adding to them for 2009.

Both your talking points are nothing.

Look at the flow of the game in the Fifa videos.

And then look at the animations in the PES video.

You claim I am biased but have a look in the mirror.

I will await your response in a MS Paint picture.

I was wondering, this video runs on PS3, right ??
What about the resolution, it seems to be higher or I am wrong?
(I noticed Konami finally uses red and blue shoes on NON-ADIDAS sponsored players, last years I saw only white ones...this is a step forward aswell, no?)
Anyone answers me please

I watched that video and for me it looks not bad:)) They have to change animation of players because looks very similar to Pes 2008 but much better i think.

Look at the flow of the game in the Fifa videos.

And then look at the animations in the PES video.

You claim I am biased but have a look in the mirror.

I will await your response in a MS Paint picture.

The Fifa videos seem very one paced to me, you expect the game to pick up a bit when you're attacking but it all seems a bit lethargic.

The animations in PES are a bit static but they've cleaned them up since 2008.

I didn't say you were biased.

MS Paint pictures and poems are reserved for special occasions.

badgerman, lets not drag fifa into this.

fifa's frontend smokes pes'.

Well it has better menus yes, but that has nothing to do with in-game graphics where the games are quite similar.

I was wondering, this video runs on PS3, right ??
What about the resolution, it seems to be higher or I am wrong?
(I noticed Konami finally uses red and blue shoes on NON-ADIDAS sponsored players, last years I saw only white ones...this is a step forward aswell, no?)
Anyone answers me please

I think it's just a better quality video than the shaky mess we had last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom