PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Gameplay video looks an improvement to me, much slower and seems harder to score, infact a friend of mine who is at Leipzig said that gameplay is much better and scoring goals now is much harder.

In that gameplay vid they play just horrible...
those guys just kick the ball out of the defence, never shoot, it does not really show the game imo.
And then one of them starts to use diving, why can't they just play it in a normal way?

Last edited:

Why is it so hard to believe that they played a more recent build than the on show at Leipzig?

I don't think anyone doubts that, but the differences between he builds are unknown, and if you are going to be making the argument that the GC versions of the game are worthless and don't reflect the gameplay at all, then why would KONAMI even be there? I would bet that the PES team wouldn't want an inferior version of their game be the publics first contact with the game.

All this and I haven’t spoken about manual passing yet. With the trick moves now linked to the standard directional controls, the right analogue stick is exclusively used for manual passing. Unlike previous versions, you now don’t have to click in the stick to gain power – it’s a simple case of pointing where you want it to go. At first it seemed a bit weird, but once we spent a little time with it we produced some excellent through balls that wouldn’t of been possible without manual passing. Certainly a feature that will have it benefits, but I’m unsure if it will have people switching.

You didn't have to click it in previous versions either, if you remapped it.

Also, how do you write all that about manual passing and not test or mention if it is 8 directional still? I am very disappointed that they didn't mention that. If it is now analog aiming, that would surely be worth mentioning. And if it still is 8 directional, then this feature is worthless since it only can be used when one of the 8 directions happens to correspond exactly to where you want to pass. If your intended aim is a direction other than one of the 8, then you need to run with your player to find a spot where the intended aim and the 8 directionality align. Surely we shouldn't still need to run around just to be able to pass to a specific spot.

Camera Angles? Panning?

My thoughts aswell. Panning specifically.

i dont care about change .. i just care about gameplay .. and this what seabass give it to us this year

amen to this!!

Seabass is the reason we're members of EVO_WEB not because of fifa

Fifa is copying the gameplay of pes for a reason

None of us have got any right to be knocking this game...NONE of us have played it yet

try the demo, if you dont like it go buy fifa and go start a fifa forum somewhere

and in terms of licenses, yeah its shit that EA monopolise everything, least its not like American Football where you simply dont have an alternative

I remember the first few PES on ps2 where there were simply no licenses at all and about 14 club teams!!

so lets give Konami, WEBlog and everyone else that spends their own time doing this...

And with trepidation Jess returns to the board. Gotta say I'm liking the news, but anxious to hear about La Liga, if they jost lost the authenticity license then I can live with that, but if they lost the teams too then it'd severely damage the experience for me. Any news on the suicide front Badger?

I have decided that the only people on this website that have a grip on reality are me and my band of merry men.. Whilst that is a rather scary sentiment, I believe it to be true.

The suicide thing seems to be a non-starter. For the most part, people in this thread only seem to have set themselves on fire, we haven't yet reached the fervent bed shitting and poo-scrawling "untucked shirts" on walls that used to be the norm.

That World Soccer guy is a man on a mission though, single handedly trying to bring the thread down, one broken sentence at a time stricken with ran'dom apostrophes and a childhood of abuse.

There are some people with their hands on their knobs, getting ready for the slightest hint of bad news before beating themselves sills on their keyboard before sharing their accomplishments with ourselves. It seems that when it comes to PES, some people throw the regular yardstick out the window. A preview of a game is meant to include 3 things, the good, the bad and a summary. Every game has it's drawbacks, I'm not going to stick a pair of pants on my head and join the mob because of a dog in ML.

Other than that the game sounds roughly how I expected it to. It's going to be good and I am happy.

edit: That video looks really sharp. The obvious thing I take from it is that it's going to be difficult to break down defences.

Last edited:

Just watched the video, not bad, but i am not sure paying 70 euros for a patched pes08 makes any sense. Because we are talking about a patch here. It does look pesish, but not as good as ps2 pes as the swedish editor says.

What is all this crap about diving...can't they take out that silly feaute??

Last edited:

Well after reading the sweedish tripe this morning before going to work, i was a little dissapointed to say the least.But the common theme is there are big improvements and smaller ones in the area's that matter.

So gameplay seems more like PES5...superb, that has been my favourite game of all time.............schweeeeeeeeet.

graphics slightly better with good lighting...................greeeeat.

Edit mode is far more comprehensive than the impression I was left with this morning.

I am not overly fussed with ML but I do need a good online game as this is my major area.

It looks good to me, its not got FIFA's bauty but when has it ever?? looking forward to it now.

More smooth, more slow, light effect by night look nice (ugly in PES2008)
need wait a avanced version for see the AI now and a higher camera

Well cant say im excited animations look stiff and rigid at times in video and i really finding it hard to notice much difference from PES 2008 apart from its slower.

Not sure what to say nothing grabbed me or stood out it was like i was watching last year gameplay video with speed cut.

I really don't care about the label on the front of the box when I buy a footy game. It can say FIFA, PES or Uncle Jim's Football League for all I care...as long as the game is good I will play it. The last iterations of all football games just haven't captured my imagination at all. Looking at that PES gameplay vid, it all just looks very samey. The fact that they have used a 3 year old game as the starting point clearly shows how out of control they are.

I'm hoping one of the games hits the mark this year, I really am, I miss getting stuck into a decent footy game.

I really don't care about the label on the front of the box when I buy a footy game. It can say FIFA, PES or Uncle Jim's Football League for all I care...as long as the game is good I will play it. The last iterations of all football games just haven't captured my imagination at all. Looking at that PES gameplay vid, it all just looks very samey. The fact that they have used a 3 year old game as the starting point clearly shows how out of control they are.

I'm hoping one of the games hits the mark this year, I really am, I miss getting stuck into a decent footy game.

Agreed

For all the hype there really has not been a stand out footy game since PE5 for me.....................4 pissing years!! Shocking!

Manual passing, irrespective if still only 8 directional, is completely unintuitive on the RAS. It should be on the LAS, period.

I can hardly see any new animations in that video. Disappointing

Plus the people playing it are shockingly bad (arent they always!!)

so let me get this straight , if i go and get pes5 and put it in my ps2 , im playing pes2009 ?

and this is a good thing ?

why dont i just play pes5 ?

Question is:

Is this pes2009 going to add something to the experience or not? I mean when i play my pes6 with kitserver 2v2 or my we9lek 1vscpu i am gonna feel the need to go play pes2009 or not????

the players look heavier and slower, but it looks A LOT like PES 2008 :S

I thought the same. If I hadn't known it was PES2009, I would've guessed it was a patched PES2008 (as in patched with better grass and kits and such).

I still can't get over how incredibly "stiff" it looks with only 8 running directions. Sure FIFA has only 8 aswell, but there you can atleast use the Right Stick knock-ahead to move wherever.

It doesn't look interesting or fun. I don't get the feeling I want to play it, which kind of sucks I guess.

so let me get this straight , if i go and get pes5 and put it in my ps2 , im playing pes2009 ?

and this is a good thing ?

why dont i just play pes5 ?

No, it's the style of gameplay, not the game itself.

Think about it.

I think we2008 club championship on the ps2 is the way to go for another year. Game is out and ready to be shipped.

looking at the video released im a bit disappointed, they had a whole year to do something good, and there are promises as usual, it looks like a polished 2008 version, cannot judge the shooting because nobody did try to shot??!!? I mean, having the same master league says alot of the effort by konami.....Ea wants input from fans and listens to them....dont get me wrong, im a PES superfan but this is a drawback, konami ignores peoples requests and doesnt listen to the fans....to bad, i think this version will be ok, i mean playable because 2008 version was horrible....

Manual passing, irrespective if still only 8 directional, is completely unintuitive on the RAS. It should be on the LAS, period.

Agree 100%. We do all the other aiming in the game with the left thumb, so that is the natural way to do it. Suddenly trying to make precision aiming with the right thumb, which isn't a common motion for most games, is both awkward and unnatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom